• Published 17th Dec 2018
  • 1,060 Views, 13 Comments

Confession - Insert Clever Name



Rarity confesses to murder, frankly they deserved it but hey, what can you do?

  • ...
0
 13
 1,060

Chapter 1

Today was the day.

Rarity sat at the dining room table, eyes wide in intense thought, as she drank chamomile tea by the gallon. She looked into the tea cup, examining the contents and swirling them around, before drinking it down, quickly filling it up once more.

Today was the day.

To say that Rarity was calm, collected, and ready for what's ahead, it would be a blatant lie. Rarity was so nervous, it was affecting her magic. She had made tea earlier in order to calm her nerves, but instead of trying to focus on the cup in her magical grasp, she could only be worried about how her friends would react to her confession.

Today, after all, was the anniversary of that awful event.

The day she had killed somepony defending herself.

Well, two ponies to be exact.

The cup tinkered against the saucer as she thought. Would they still accept her as her friend? Would they never talk to her again? Worse yet, would they get the police to arrest her for her crimes? She would willingly let herself be arrested, of course, but... Oh Tarturus, what if Twilight got the princesses involved? Would they banish her? Still holding the teacup, she magically reached for the teapot.

"Rarity?"

At the sound of another voice in the room, Rarity jumped and screamed. "I don't want to go to Zebrica!" She accidentally sent both the tea cup and the pot, with plenty of tea still in it, flying straight up in the air. The tea cup and pot smashed upon the ceiling, shattering into several pieces, some of which were now embedded in the ceiling, as they dripped tea.

"Rarity, relax! It's me, Sweetie."

Upon hearing the owner of the voice's name, Rarity relaxed, as she exhaled a long breath. "Oh, Sweetie Belle, it's only you," She turned to her sister. "I'm sorry dear, but you severely startled me."

"I'll say," Sweetie trotted over to the other chair and sat down. "You jumped, like, five feet in the air and shouted 'I don't wanna go to Zebrica."

Rarity blushed in embarrassment. "Did I truly say that? Oh dear, now I feel foolish." She put her forehoof to her head, and sighed.

"You looked really nervous, what's wrong?"

Rarity looked up to her sister, as she sat across her from the table. She briefly entertained the notion of confessing to her sister, as well as her friends, about that day, but quickly decided against it. She's much too young. She thought. Maybe when she's older.

"I'm sorry, Sweetie, but today is a very important day," She said. "Let's just say... a secret that I've had for a very long time is finally coming out, and I'm scared of what my friends will think."

"Well, what is it?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you, darling." She said, sadly. "At least, not today."

"Aw." Sweetie complained. "You can tell your friends, but you can't tell me?"

"Exactly right," Rarity said, smiling. "Maybe when you're much older."

Sweetie Belle pouted and crossed her forehooves. "That's not fair." She muttered.

"Life is rarely fair, darling. Especially to little fillies who pout whenever they don't get what they want."

Sweetie stopped pouting immediately, causing the both of them to giggle.

"Now then, would you like some tea?" Rarity tried to grab the teapot, but was surprised when it wasn't on the table. "Where'd the teapot go?"

Sweetie Belle looked up, and, after a moment, so did Rarity. As soon as she did, she felt a drop on her nose. "What the..?" Upon seeing the smashed cup and pot, she sighed in frustration.

"Oh drat, that was my favorite set!" She stated, before she realized something. "Wait a minute, it's been dripping this whole time..." She brought a hoof to her hair. Sure enough, she felt the warm liquid.

"Ahh! I have to take another shower, quick!" She raced into the hallway and up the stairs, but not before stopping for a moment. "Sweetie, deary, could you please clean that up?"

"Sure thing." She said, as she grabbed some paper towels from the kitchen.

"Thank you so much!"
-----------------------------------------------------

After a thorough cleaning in the shower, and making sure the ceiling wasn't dripping with anymore delicious tea, Rarity was out in Ponyville, trotting towards Twilight's crystal castle.

Slowly trotting.

Very slowly.

Because she was slowly trotting, Rarity was able to take in the sights and sounds of Ponyville during the midday. Truth be told, Rarity never really paid attention to Ponyville's hustle and bustle, mainly because their barely was any. But seeing as how she was trying to stall for time, she decided to watch ponies go about their business. It was fairly fascinating to watch. Derpy Hooves delivering mail, Big Macintosh selling apples at the market, the weather team moving clouds in for the scheduled shower later today.

Oh look, there's Rainbow Dash. She thought, as she spied the sky blue pegasus pushing another cloud into place. Rarity watched, as Rainbow crossed her forehooves, obviously satisfied with the cloud's position. Rainbow passively looked around the town, and her eyes widened in recognition as they focused on Rarity. The fashionista waved hello, as Rainbow flew down to greet her.

"Hey Rares." Said Rainbow, as her hooves hit the dirt with a soft thud.

"Hello Rainbow," Rarity greeted back, as she looked around the sky. "Pardon me, but I thought we already had rain a few days ago. Why another shower so soon?"

"Eh, blame weather production for that," Rainbow shrugged her shoulders. "Some intern accidentally hit a lever on a precipitation machine, and now we have more rain clouds than we know what to do with," She paused for a moment. "Which reminds me, this isn't just a regular shower. It's a full blown storm."

Rarity raised her eyebrows in surprise. "A rainstorm? That seems a bit excessive."

"Exactly. The plan is to get rid of all the extra rain clouds in one go," She said, flapping her wings to take to the sky. "I gotta get back to work. Talk to ya later, okay?"

Before she got too far, Rarity called out to her. "Rainbow! When you're done, could you come by the Boutique around... 6 or 7? There's something I need to talk to you and the other girls about." She asked her. Rainbow furrowed her brow, but nodded. "Sure thing. See ya later Rares." She waved, going back to pushing the clouds into position.

There, it was now set in stone. Rainbow and the other girls were going to come by later, and hear her confess to an unsolved murder that she had committed when she was just a filly.

It was even going to happen during a dark and stormy night.

The universe must truly hate her.

Author's Note:

>inb4 "why aren't you working on Inner Rage?"

Because fuck you that's why.