• Published 15th Oct 2014
  • 963 Views, 14 Comments

Rising of the Sun - Starlight Comet



It's amazing when a bad event can turn out to be the start of something great

  • ...
12
 14
 963

A Weird Start to the School Year

September 7, 2012, 7:50am

As Sunrise stood in front of the school, he couldn't believe what he had accomplished during his sophomore year at Canterlot High School. After his freshman year, not only did he remain an avid member of the glee club, but he also donated his time at the local animal shelter with a girl named Fluttershy and became both captain and quarterback of the football team. Besides all of these extra-curricular activities, his grades had improved dramatically and he was accepted by almost everyone in the entire school. The only ones that didn't accept him were Snips, Snails, Trixie, and Sunset Shimmer, but that didn't bother Sunrise.

The only thing that bugged Sunrise about the past three years was that he never told Sonata about his true feelings toward her. There had been moments at glee club when they would dance close together when the song required it, but that was about it. But today it would be different.

Today, Sunrise thought to himself, I'm finally going to tell Sonata what I really feel about her.

However, throughout the entire day, Sonata was nowhere to be found. She wasn't even in the first glee club meeting of the new school year. Worried, Sunrise went to Principal Celestia's office to find out what happened to her.

"Mom," Sunrise asked, "Do you know where Sonata is? She wasn't at school today."

Celestia reassured her son by saying "I'm sure she's fine, Sunrise. She probably got the flu or something."


__________________________________________________________________________________

November 15, 2013, 12:00pm

However, by the time two months had passed since the beginning of the school year, Sunrise was sure that Sonata didn't have the flu. As he sat at his usual table in the cafeteria looking glum, the other glee club members tried to cheer him up.

"Don't worry about it Sunrise," said The Doctor. "I'm sure she's fine."

"Yeah," added Flash, "She must be busy with other stuff. She come back soon."

Sunrise opened his mouth to speak, but instead of words coming out, all that exited was, "ah-Ah-AH-AHCHOOOOOOOOO!!!"

"Man, Sunrise, you don't look so hot," Vinyl said, "Looks like you got a cold. You ought to see the nurse."

"I'b fine, really." Sunrise said in a stuffed up voice.

"Nurse's office, NOW!" Flash retaliated, pointing his finger toward the door to the cafeteria.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sure enough, Sunrise had a high fever and was sent home to recover. As he recovered, Sunrise was wondering what was happening at the school.

One night, he heard a distant boom off in the distance, close to where the school was. As Sunrise steadily rose up to see what it was, he saw nothing but streetlamps. Thinking nothing of it, Sunrise settled down in bed and went to sleep.

__________________________________________________________________________________

November 20, 2013, 8:00am

After five days of staying at home with a cold, Sunrise was well enough to head back to school. As he walked toward the building, he noticed some very strange things about it. First, there was a construction crew working on filling what looked like a giant crater in the school courtyard. Second, there was also a giant hole where the front doors to the school used to be.

What the heck happened to the place when I was gone? he thought. As he walked into the main hall, however, his thought was almost immediately answered when he ran into Flash and the rest of the glee club members.

"SUNRISE!!" Flash cried out. "You wouldn't believe what's happened these past few days."

__________________________________________________________________________________

After everything was explained to Sunrise, he stated "So, let me get this straight. You're telling me that a girl named Twilight Sparkle came through a portal from another world to ours to win the Fall Formal and retrieve her crown. While she was doing this, she became friends with the Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Apple Dash of our world. Meanwhile, Sunset Shimmer got a hold of the crown and turned into a winged beast that not only destroyed the main entrance to the school, but also turned every student into mindless zombies. But, through some weird form of 'magic', this Twilight was able to defeat Sunset Shimmer and create that crater in the courtyard. Twilight was then given her crown and returned to her world, and Sunset is now reformed and trying to make amends. Is that it?"

"Eeyup." said Big Mac.

Sunrise looked at his friends silently with a look of doubt on his face, which was broken when he said, "Yeah, um...excuse me while I call the men in white coats to pick you all up in order for you to get checked on."

"I know it sounds ridiculous, Sunrise," Flash explained, "but that's the truth and nothing more."

Sunrise looked at his friends. Even though he still was uncertain about what they had said, he had learned to believe them when they were serious. This, obviously, was one of those moments.

"So," Sunrise continued, "Sunset is trying to make amends?"

"Yeah she is," said Lyra. "But I don't believe she is."

Sunrise nodded and said, "I don't blame you; I've never been able to forgive her after what she did to Caramel."

The rest of the glee club members nodded in unison. As they headed off to their first class, Sunrise looked to Flash and said, "Well, I guess a lot of weird stuff happens when I'm not here. But hey, this year couldn't possibly get any weirder, right?"

Author's Note:

I'm sorry if this chapter may sound confusing; I was just trying to make a connection that would explain where Sunrise was during the entire duration of the first Equestria Girls movie. Thankfully, this story lines up with Rainbow Rocks so it will hopefully make sense.