• Published 15th Oct 2014
  • 963 Views, 14 Comments

Rising of the Sun - Starlight Comet



It's amazing when a bad event can turn out to be the start of something great

  • ...
12
 14
 963

Betrayal and Horror

April 30, 2013, 4:30pm

Sunrise wasn't sure how to feel at that moment. On one hand, he was happy that the Cloudsdales were in the quarter finals of the Battle of the Bands. They had beaten the Cutie Mark Crusaders with their song Sure Fire Winners, and had beaten The Background Girls (which was composed of Lyra, Bon Bon, and Derpy) with their song If I Had You. More importantly, they, along with some help from the Rainbooms, were able to break the spell that was placed on Derpy, Bon Bon, Lyra, and Octavia.

On the other hand, however, he felt upset and worried that his band's next opponent was the Harmony Trio, Flash's band. Not only that, but Flash had acted very hostile toward Sunrise and the rest of the group ever since he was brainwashed. Personally, to Sunrise, Flash was getting on his last nerve.

"Sunrise, you okay?" Big Mac's words brought Sunrise back to reality.

"I'm fine, Big Mac." Sunrise assured him. "Just a little nervous."

"I don't blame you." Derpy chimed in, "I mean, you're going up against Flash and his band, the highlight of past musical showcases. And if you beat them, you'll be going up against the Dazzlings, the favorites to win the competition. Also, if you guys lose, you'll be out of the competition and-"

"Thanks, Derpy." interrupted The Doctor in a tone that signaled Derpy to stop talking. "We kinda already know the stakes here."

Sunrise gulped as Vice Principal Luna announced for them to come on stage "Alright, you guys." he said, "Let's get it over with." As they walked on stage, Sunrise saw the Harmony Trio walk on as well. He waved to Flash, but received a look of utmost loathing from him.

Sunrise and Flash then both turned to their respective band mates and said "Hit it!!"

(Cloudsdales)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac2134eg5Gs
(The Harmony Trio)

After each band had sung their songs, they starred at the judges for their decisions.

"My sister and I," Vice Principal Luna began, "to give the spot in the semi-finals to...The Harmony Trio!!!"

As the students cheered for Flash's band, the Cloudsdales sadly started to pack up their equipment. Sunrise was the saddest; the band had failed to break the spell that was upon their friends. Now the only way to return order to the school was for the Rainbooms to defeat the Dazzlings.

As they were leaving the stage, Sunrise could hear Flash taunting them. "Well it's about time their pathetic leader faced reality. No matter how great of a singer he is, he can never amount to anything. No wonder Sunset Shimmer dumped him."

At this, Sunrise could no longer hold his tongue. He whirled around and yelled, "AT LEAST I DIDN'T GET BRAINWASHED TWICE IN A ROW!!! It was probably easy for Sunset and the Dazzlings to control you, since that brain of yours is too weak to resist any temptation!"

As Sunrise turned around to meet with the band, he felt something bounce off the back of his head and land on the stage. Messaging the back of his neck, he looked down and saw that it was a apple. He turned around and saw Flash standing on one foot like he was in a throwing position.

Sunrise snapped; before Flash could have time to react, Sunrise had sprinted across the stage and tackled Flash to the ground. What happened next would go down as one of the most brutal fights in the high school's history. Sunrise and Flash kept exchanging punches and kicks towards each other for about a good three minutes. Finally, Sunrise gained the upper hand and had both hands squeezing on Flash's throat.

"HOW ABOUT NOW, HUH?" yelled Sunrise in an enraged voice, "YOU GOT ANYTHING SMART TO SAY NOW, TOUGH GUY?"

"Sunrise, stop!" a voice rang out, "You're going to kill him."

As he felt a pair of hands grab his arm, Sunrise lifted it and smacked the person who was trying to break up the fight. A sudden gasp from the crowd caused Sunrise to turn to see who had tried to stop him. He realized, to his horror, that it was Sonata, who was holding a hand to her cheek and had tears in her eyes. As he was brought back to reality, Sunrise soon remembered that he still had one hand on Flash's throat. He let go, allowing Flash to cough and gasp for air.

Sunrise looked down at his hands and saw that they were stained with the blood of both him and Flash. He turned to to Sonata, who was looking at him with disbelief.

"W-What...are...y-you?" she asked shakily.

"I don't know." Sunrise replied, still shocked about what he had just done. Ashamed, Sunrise ran off the stage to avoid the gazes of the shocked students. He ran off the school grounds, and continued to run home. As he ran, he kept repeating the same thought in his mind.

whathaveidonewhathaveidonewhathaveidone....