• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 2,083 Views, 62 Comments

The Origin Chronicles Vol. 2 - SmokeShadow95



Spike returns to fight a new Madness that is dragging Equestria in the dark

  • ...
4
 62
 2,083

Ch.23 Epic Confrontation

Spike marched with his dark army for the gates of Canterlot. Every step he took was one step closer to the city, and to a land of Darkness. Ebony Thorn marched at his side. A pony, mad and evil beyond any normal comprehension. She was to be his queen, and she wanted to to be his queen. Together they would raze the city, capture the ponies, and spread the Darkness. In one fell swoop they would take the city, Spike's friends, and his one true love all at the same time. It couldn't get better than that, and they had the forces to do it, too.

Together, the two of them commanded a mighty army. Legions of ponies marched behind those two. They would follow them into the very depths of Tartarus itself. Although, it was not loyalty that drove them. Nor was it fear. No, it was a corruption that had infested their minds and took control of them. This was also what made them so formidable. These ponies knew nothing of such things as fear, and sleep, and defeat. They were the pinnacle of evil and they knew it.

Luna lead the way to Spike. She could feel it deep within herself. She knew where to fins Spike, and she knew that she had everything she needed to get him back. She was going to bring him back to her, one way or another. She marched with Luna's Grace decorating her mane and a look of intense determination on her face. Twilight stood at her side, ready and willing to assist her in any way. Luna was glad to have her. Both Celestia and Cadence stayed behind in Canterlot. Shining Armor was still there, as he was still in no condition to even move. They were the last line of defense in case of the event that Luna and Twilight failed in their goals. But they carried with them enough confidence and hope for a thousand ponies more, and they had some forces of their own.

While not nearly as numerous as the enemy forces, Luna had quite a few ponies with her. Behind her and Twilight stood six. These six stood proud and tall and ready to fight for the ones they cared about, both back at home and within the ranks of the Darkness.

Flake Frost stood tall and proud, easily the youngest of them all and yet powerful enough to handle herself. She had managed to wrangle up a few dozen ponies from the icy lands she grew up in. Not only did they bring with them the living ice of the ice farms but the ice imps that would normally torment them would be saving them this day. She smiled as she lead them into the upcoming battle, but her smile was just to hide the fact that she was absolutely terrified.

Other than her it was the rest of the girls that stood with them. Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie. They all worked hard to muster up the meager forces they had. Most of the ponies they would choose were lost along with Spike. They were now numbered among the ponies of the Darkness, the enemy. Fluttershy had Discord with her. Having the Lord of Chaos would be a huge advantage, but even he himself has said that his powers only have a limited effect on the Darkness. Hopefully that would have to be enough. Pinkie Pie did have one pony with her, as well. No pony was quite sure how he escaped the fortress and he was not talking about it. The normally flamboyant pony got seriously defensive whenever it was brought up. Whatever the case, Pinkie was glad to have Cheese Sandwich with her again. It was unfortunate that the party tank was lost, however, but they had the next best thing. Pinkie was saving them for later.

“So, Luna,” Twilight said nervously, “Are you ready? For this, I mean.”

Luna glanced over at Twilight before looking ahead once more. “Am I ready? Ready for what exactly? To face my former friend? To see the one being I currently love more than anything? Will I be able to stand the fact that he has been overtaken by this vile ooze? Is that what you mean, Twilight?”

“Yes, Luna, that's what I mean,” Twilight replied, “As well as are you ready to fight him? Can you really fight the one you love?”

“Twilight, I have worried over that very same question for many a night, and I have come to a conclusion. I had to get some advice from an old friend, and he helped me to see it more clearly. Do you know what I have come to find out?”

“What is it?”

“I will not be fighting Spike, Twilight,” Luna stated matter of fact, “If what you say is true, and the real Spike has been taken over then whatever being we face will not be the real Spike. It will merely be a charlatan bearing a false name.”

“Luna, do you really believe that?”

“I have to, Twilight,” Luna replied, “Or else I will not ever be ready.”

~~~

“Ah. Can you feel it young one?” The Anti-Spike said as he breathed in deeply. He stood before Spike in the energy sphere. He was in a state of excitement that made him restless. “Can you feel it? That buzz in the air, the electricity that marks the coming of a glorious battle? I have not felt it in so long. It feels so wonderful!”

“And here I was thinking that Ebony Thorn was the only one who got you this excited,” Spike said back to the deranged, dark version of himself.

“You are lucky I am in such a good mood, young dragon,” He hissed. He flexed his entire body as a jolt seemingly went through him. Again, he breathed deeply and paced about in his restless state. He paraded about in front of Spike, who was just getting annoyed.

“Hey, if you're just gonna run around let me out for a lap or six. My legs could really use a good stretch, you know.”

“You may find yourself amusing, but I do not,” The Anti-Spike said with a flex of his fist. A jolt coursed through Spike like a lightning bolt from a storm cloud. The pain was everywhere, though. There was no clear point where it started. Every part of him throbbed and he screamed out his pain. The louder he was the more his dark self pushed. He liked it, that sound. It was like a lovely melody to him. Yet after several moments of intense pain and sick smile the pain ceased and faded away, however slowly.

"It is time,” He hissed as he threw up the view to the outside world so Spike could watch.

He stepped aside so Spike could clearly see. The Dark army had stopped their forced march. They now stood on the edges of the battlefield, a massive expanse of plains that was miles and miles away from anything close to civilization. That gave Spike some relief, but it quickly vanished as he saw Luna and Twilight step up across the plains. Their meager forces emerged behind them and that made Spike's heart sink even deeper.

“Hm. I'm surprised they managed to find that many ponies to follow them into battle once again. Especially after what happened to the last batch.”

“You are still gonna lose,” Spike said with confidence, “You wanna know why?”

“Oh, please, young one. Do tell.”

“You, with all your power and all your might, are still predictable. You have and entire army of ponies that you have turned, but still your moves can be read a mile away and a dozen moves ahead. But ponies? They are a constant surprise. From the smallest filly who lives on a modest farm to the regal Princess that leads the land. They are always going to surprise you. And don't even get me started on Pinkie Pie.”

“Yes, the pink party pony with the strange boxes that explode. I do remember her,” The Anti-Spike said, “I guess I will just have to take her out first.”

This time it was Spike's turn to laugh. It was the most honest, gut busting, eye watering, outburst of laughter that he had ever had. The fact that it annoyed his dark self to no end just made his laugh more. Spike took several moments to calm down enough to be coherent.

“Good luck with that.” Spike said as he used the tip of his tail to wipe away a few stray tears.

Luna stood with Twilight and the rest of them at the edge of the field. She gazed out over the vast expanse of plains that would host their battle. She was quite glad that they were away from any innocent ponies that could get harmed, but her eyes continuously fell upon the opposing edge. The Darkness had stopped there. She could see the dark mass made up of hundreds of ponies from all over Equestria. They shifted and moved about giving the dark ranks an eerie look to them. More than that she stared at the large figure leading them. Tall, dark, and scaly. Red eyes, evil aura, and a Dark Queen at his side. Yep, that was him.

“So that is him,” Luna stated, “That is Spike.”

“Uh huh,” Flake said, “That was how he looked the last time I saw him. Except now he has an entire army behind him.”

“And that pony next to him,” Luna asked, “Who is that mare?”

“Who, her,” Pinkie Pie said as she pointed toward Ebony, “Oh, she is nobody really. Just the pony that kissed Spike and pushed him into the ooze pit.”

“WHAT!?!” Luna yelled out so loudly that the the royal Canterlot voice would be a mere whisper in comparison. “She did what to Spike?”

Pinkie grabbed the nearest Applejack and placed her in between her and Luna. “She pushed Spike into the ooze,” Pinkie said nervously.

“No, what did you say before that?”

“Oh,” Pinkie said as she shrank further behind Applejack. “She kissed Spike.”

“And what be this mare's name?”

“Ebony Thorn,” Pinkie said while shaking.

Luna turned back to the field. Her anger exploded with the fury of the stars as she bolted upward. “EBONY THORN,” She called out, “I WILL END YOU!”

“Sounds like a challenge,” Ebony said as she bolted forward. She didn't have the wings that Luna did, but she had the dark power of the ooze and that made up for a lot. And so the battle between the forces of Darkness and Love did begin.

~~~

Ebony Thorn rushed into the battlefield with a mad smile plastered on her face. She carried with her the powers of the Darkness the ooze bestowed upon her. With each step she took the area around her shuddered and all color faded into the dark. She kept her eyes on the flying Luna the whole time. She saw as they were just about to reach the point to impact between the two of them. For a split second Ebony stopped and she waited. She collected the magical power she had and centered it around her hooves. It was time for this to really start.

The ground beneath her shook and cracked. It split open as a vile black substance seeped out around her hooves. With a flash of her horn Ebony was rocketed up toward the skies and Luna on a pillar of ooze. She shot upward fast, but Luna was faster and evaded the incoming mare and her ooze.

“You're fast, Princess,” Ebony hissed as she stood atop her ooze pillar, “But that won't save you.”

“You have vile tricks,” Luna replied, “But that won't matter when I stand victorious.”

“We'll see,” Ebony teased. She giggled as she raised a hoof and thrust it out toward Luna. A stream of ooze shot out from the main pillar at her. Luna put up a magical barrier in between her and the ooze. It easily fended off the attack, much to Ebony's annoyance. This ooze was supposed to be stronger than any pony magic, even that of the Princess's.

“A nice attempt, I suppose,” Luna said as she hovered where she was, “My turn.”

Luna's horn flashed and she darted to the side. She was gone in a flash, so fast that Ebony didn't even see her wings move. She barely registered it as Luna moved around her with her wings spread wide. She blasted the Dark Queen with a direct hit. Ebony cried out in anger more than pain. She maintained her stance on the ooze and set her sights on ending Luna. Not the end she had in mind before where she just beats her and serves her up to the Anti-Spike to torment the real one. No, she was angry now. Now she was going to make this a very slow, agonizing process.

“While they are distracted I shall attack,” The Anti-Spike said to himself. He raised a large, scaled hand and a legion of ponies behind him fell into line. Within seconds they were ready and waiting for the command to be given. The Anti-Spike held his hand up with all fingers pointed outward, and he lowered it in a quick chopping motion.

“ATTACK!” He roared out with all his might. The very air shook and carried his voice across the battlefield. The ponies beheld a wave of Darkness spilling forth and coming for them. It was moving fast and was going to hit hard. Their only option was to hit harder.

Twilight turned back to the ponies that stood with her. “Pinkie Pie, Cheese Sandwich, You're up!”

The two ponies smiled and gleefully hopped forward to meet the oncoming wave of enemies. The Anti-Spike had to admit that he didn't see this coming. Sending just two ponies to deal with an entire legion of his corrupted ponies? It was absurd. But they were doing it. What really caught his interest was the belts they wore. They were most curious.

“You ready, Pinkie?”

“Ready, Cheesy.”

“Please don't call me that.”

“Okie doki loki.”

They faced one another and nodded. Their heads came back up and they both had drastically different expressions. Pinkie looked like she did back in the underground complex where she was held. She was about to party, but it was not like her normal party look. It was void of any semblance of fun. Her eyes were empty and and she looked almost deranged, yet her mane retained all its poofiness. Cheese's look was remarkably similar as they both pulled something off their many belts with a hoof.

“PARTY POPPERS!!!”

They yelled the name of their latest device out for all to hear, but nopony really understood until they were thrown. The two ponies released a small volley of these party poppers in a surprisingly short amount of time. The party poppers landed amongst the enemies number and that is when the real party began.

All throughout the enemy ranks small explosions went off. Plumes of colorful smoke billowed out from the area of effect. Confetti filled the air like ash from a volcano. It made seeing anything difficult and many ponies almost choked on the small pieces. Streamers flew out in random directions, ensnaring and entangling numerous ponies in their colorful bindings. This attack, these Party Poppers caused so much more dismay and confusion than the Anti-Spike every thought possible, and it was all just two ponies.

“WAVE TWO!” Cheese Sandwich yelled out as loud as he could.

Behind him several ponies scrambled about and brought forth into view a grand total of ten party cannons. Ponies scrambled and stuffed whole boxes into the cannons. The Anti-Spike had nothing to say. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. His forces were being decimated by boxes full of party supplies. He put a scaled palm to his face as a loud pop and boom sounded off. He looked to see the same effect as the party poppers, but larger. Where as the Poppers could only get around three to five ponies the artillery was catching nearly a dozen ponies with each single cannon blast.

“Oh, for Darkness sake . . .,” He muttered. He gestured to another legion of his Dark army and ordered them to take the left flank and get the ponies. He made sure to emphasize no prisoners.

The legion split off the main force of the army and did as commanded. They moved to take up the left flank and then moved on the ponies. The could see them. They were in their sights. The two ponies were still throwing the Party Poppers into the the other legion and the artillery was still hammering them pretty good. It seemed clear for them to move forward. They could see Twilight giving orders, but she seemed to not notice them. And so they moved. An entire legion ran forward only to find themselves slipping and sliding as a sheet of ice materialized under their hooves.

“Didya really think it would be that easy?”

Many ponies of the legion had fallen. They looked up from the ground to see that it was the young filly, Flake, who stood before them. They saw a glow around her horn fade away and knew that she was the source of the ice. Many of them remembered how she caused the snowstorm back at the fortress. It didn't matter now, though. One by one they got back to their hooves and Flake saw something she really didn't like. The Dark ponies lifted up their hooves and small barbs of ooze formed to make it possible for them to walk on the ice.

“That just ain't fair,” Flake whined. Her whine was quickly replaced with a smirk as her devious plan was coming into motion. “SO I guess it's good I ain't playing fair, neither.”

She giggled deviously as her horn glowed once again. A low mist appeared and hung around the ankles of the Dark army legion. With came a chill that penetrated much deeper than they were comfortable with. Many shivered under its weight. After a second several ponies began to remark and cry out in sudden surprise. This little filly was by no means alone.

All around them more and more ponies were appearing. It was like they had risen from the ice itself, or had come from within the very mist that now surrounded them. Collectively, they lurched forward and slammed their hooves down into the the ice. By the will of the ice farmers spires did rise. Spires of ice rose up higher and higher. All around them the Dark army saw these spires spring into being. They soon found out the dangers in them as well, as many ponies moved quickly against them. They were cast back with a mighty chilled realization that these spires of ice were almost as alive as they were.

“Go on now, Flake. We kin handle this.”

Flake looked over to see the pony talking to her. Her eyes went wide as she saw who it was. She was speechless as he stepped up to face the Dark legion. “Papa Frost, you're here.”

“Sure am. Didya really think I would let ya come here all by yourself?”

Whatever Flake was going to say next was cut off as she saw a Dark pony slip past the spire wall. He very quickly dashed underneath and slid along the ice. The only thing wrong with his plan was that he was heading right for Papa Frost. This pony had to keep his head down and retract his ooze barbs to escape. The lack of barbs caused him to slide right toward Papa Frost, and by the time he lifted his head up it was too late.

Papa Frost didn't even break his gaze on Flake as he lifted a leg up and slammed it back down just as the Dark pony was under it. He missed the ponies head by mere centimeters and hit the ice. He struck with such force the the ice actually broke all around the Dark pony. He followed the cracks only to come to a conclusion to late. Papa Frost slammed his hoof down again and the ice slab propelled him up and over the spire wall. He landed with the rest of the Dark legion but he was the first one to be unconscious. Flake Frost looked up at Papa Frost with a new admiration in her eyes. She always knew he was cool, but never this cool.

“Go on now, Flake,” He said, “We can handle this.”

She didn't argue as she swiftly turned and skipped off to help some other pony. She got about two feet when the sound of something falling caused her to stop. Good thing she did, too, as Luna crashed into the ground just a foot away from her. Luna seemed largely unaffected as she got back up and shook off the dirt and debris.

“Is that all you've got?” She yelled up before taking to the skies once again. Flake just stood there for a moment. Everypony here was just so darn cool!

“Your army of Darkness is failing you.”

“Perhaps, but I will still win the day, young dragon. Do no forget, my queen has yet to fall.”

“Are you sure about that? Look again.”

The Anti-Spike gazed out over the battlefield. His eyes searched for but a single pony. She was not hard to find. The only other pony in the air was her opponent. He quickly found them still caught up in their own fight. He growled as he saw what Spike said was ringing true. Luna was, by all appearances, winning.

Ebony Thorn was fighting well. She stood upon her pillar of ooze and Luna used her wings to fly. Both of them achieved height, but it was Luna who had the mobility advantage. He was using this to its fullest extent. Luna was an extraordinary flier who was able to dodge and evade the countless blasts that Ebony shot at her. Those she didn't she just took with a magical barrier. Whatever was going on it seemed like Luna wasn't even tiring. It was not time to count Ebony out, though. She was a quick thinker with a sharp mind.

Ebony's chest rose and fell with each heavy breath. She stared at Luna, who was just across from her. She barely had a hair out of place. It just made Ebony all the more angrier. She charged forward, but surprised Luna. Instead of the normal reckless charge Ebony leaped off her ooze pillar. She soared over Luna and cast several attacking spells as she traveled through the air. Luna was forced to stay put and erect a full body, all around barrier. Ebony saw this and smiled. Another torrent of ooze shot from the ground beneath her and she landed on it with ease. When she charged again, Luna wasn't able to react in time and took the full hit.

“Your silly Princess magic won't save you here,” Ebony said, “You can't beat me.”

Luna wipe the sweat off her brow and locked onto Ebony. Her horn glowed with immense light as she tapped into her vast magical energy. Her form shifted slightly, and glimmered. This glimmer persisted as Luna herself seemed to shake and vibrate. Ebony watched as Luna seemed to vibrate apart. Another small flash of light marked the end of the spell and Ebony was now faced with not one, but three of Luna. One a Unicorn, one a Pegasus, and one an Earth pony. All them remained in the sky, but it was impossible to tell which one was which. Especially when they all started to move really fast.

“Oh, great,” Ebony mumbled.

Pegasus Luna was literally flying circles around her. She zoomed about the skies, bringing clouds down lower and lower until they were practically dancing among them. It was hard for Ebony to keep up with them all. Whenever she tried to keep an eye on the Pegasus she got attacked by one of the other two. She watched as the Pegasus disappeared behind a tall cloud once, and the next the she knew she was feeling the impact of being hit with the full force of raging Earth pony Luna.

“Earthbound Luna,” Ebony muttered as she recovered, “Now that's a laugh.”

Ebony took the hit, and she definitely felt it but it was going to take more than that to take her down. Luna was prepared to bring it all. Ebony got back up to her pillar of ooze and searched for the Lunas. She didn't have to look far because the Unicorn Luna was standing on the clouds fifty feet away. Just standing there. Ebony knew it was a trap, but she also knew she could take it. She cried out and charged forward as fast and hard as she could.

Ebony rushed forward to meet the Unicorn Luna. She was dead set on reaching her. She was keenly aware the other two were close by, but where? Out of the corner of one eye she saw a glimpse of her dark coat. She turned her head just enough to get a better look, just as Luna wanted her to. She turned her head to face that direction just as a flash of Luna landed a powerhouse uppercut to Ebony's jaw. Ebony struggled to come back from that incredibly hard hit.

“That is for feeding the delusions of a mad stallion,” Pegasus Luna cried out.

Ebony somewhat registered the words she was hearing, but the ringing in her ears made every other word incomprehensible. She shook it off and stepped toward the Unicorn Luna after the Pegasus had flown off. She didn't even make it three steps before another impact from behind sent her forward.

“That is for terrorizing my friends,” Earthbound Luna shouted.

Ebony had no control anymore. She just flew through the air like a rag doll for a foal. As her the world she saw was going topsy turvy she caught sight of another Luna. This was the Unicorn Luna she was after in the first place. She took Ebony up in a magical embrace and held her there.

“This is for taking Spike away from me,” She said as she held up Ebony there and sent several lightning bolts down to strike her. Ebony screamed as she saw what was coming, and then screamed louder as the pain coursed through her.

The three Lunas all came together and melded into the one Alicorn Princess as Ebony was being shocked. Luna walked up with her horn still charged up with magic. She was not done with Ebony quite yet. She came right up to Ebony. She got her face real close to hers to the point where Ebony could feel the heat coming off Luna's cheeks.

“And this, Ebony Thorn,” Luna said coldly, “Is for Kissing MY DRAGON!!” Luna lit up the sky with the next blast she unleashed. Both her and Ebony ended up above the clouds, and Luna lit up the whole sky with a brief flash of light. The battle below and their position in the sky muffled the scream and Ebony was nowhere to be seen after that. Luna glided back down to rejoin the rest of the ponies.

“Enough!” The Anti-Spike yelled out, “The rest of you, get down there and take those ponies out! Do it now!”

The remaining legions of the Dark army charged forward like a tidal wave of Darkness. They were coming from both directions. The head on charge was coming right at Pinkie Pie and the rest were headed for Papa Frost and the ice farmers.

“Twilight?!” Pinkie yelled out, “We are running out of party poppers over here and the artillery is out of Pinkie Pie Patented Party Prank Packages! What are we gonna do?”

“Are you kidding me?!” Dash flew up and got right in Pinkie's face. She got nose to nose with her. “Pinkie Pie. We got this. Right, Fluttershy?”

“Oh, um. I guess we do.” Fluttershy said, “Maybe.”

“Have some confidence, my dear,” Discord said, “Together, there is nothing we cant do. Come with me.”

Discord scooped up Fluttershy and carried her over to Papa Frost. He set her down gently and took them all in a huddle. “Fluttershy, I need you and Frosty here to evacuate all the good ponies. Can you do that?”

“What are you going to do?” Fluttershy asked.

Discord turned around dramatically and faced the sheet of ice. He took a deep breath and sounding as dramatically as he can said, “I'm going fishing.”

With that dramatized Discord leaped up above the spire wall. He flipped several times in the air, snapped a couple photos, signed four autographs and nailed fourteen professional swimming poses before reaching his destination. He had to pull himself the last few inches but he ended up right above the dead center of the ice sheet in between the spire wall.

“He does know it ain't nothing but solid land under that ice, don't he?” Papa Frost asked Fluttershy as they hurried the get the ice farmers out of there.

“Oh, silly things like that don't matter to Discord,” Fluttershy replied with a smile.

They got a few more ice farmers out of harms way as Discord crashed through the ice and sank deep into the waters below. Fluttershy flew up so that she could look down and still stay safe. The water was pitch black and became still after a moment. Where was Discord? And what was he fishing for? She helped Papa Frost get the last few ice farmers away just as Discord sprang back out of the hole in the ice. He immediately grabbed Fluttershy and Papa Frost and took them back to Twilight's area.

“Discord, what did you do?” Fluttershy asked.

“I helped,” He replied, “I had to stir up an itsy bitsy sea monster, but I helped. Just you watch.”

Before Twilight could say anything about the sea monster a rumble echoed through the earth. It was swiftly followed the by the sounds of ice cracking and splitting. All of the sudden a massive tentacle erupted from the ice, shattering it into smithereens. It immediately started grabbing up ponies. As more of the ice broke and split more tentacles came up and started gathering up ponies. A round hold appeared just under he surface of the water, and it had teeth. The monster dropped a few ponies in and they were swallowed up.

“Discord!” Twilight yelled. She turned on a heel and reached out for Discord. She started shaking him violently as she ranted. “What is wrong with you? Those are ponies! You can't just have some random sea monster eat the ponies of Equestria. For all you know our friends are in there.”

Twilight stopped shaking him and she realized that he hadn't changed at all. Not the expression on his face to the way his tail was facing. Suddenly, a small pop sound happened and the rush of air followed. Discord deflated until nothing but a life size balloon replica lay in Twilight's hooves.

“I so need one of those,” Pinkie and Cheese said together.

Twilight let got of it and it hit the ground with a small squeak. All the sudden, an arm shot up and it held something. A letter, formal in appearance and addressed to none other than Fluttershy. They all stared at her until she reached out and took the letter. She slowly opened it and read it. It was a short read as the letter only contained three words.

“Behind your ear,” She read. Puzzled, Fluttershy reached up and searched behind her right ear. She felt around with her hoof, but found nothing.

“Allow me, darling,” Rarity said. She reached up and ran her hoof through Flutteshy's pink mane. It was very soft and smelled of berries with a hint of honey. Rarity made a mental note to ask her about that later. Anyway, after a moment of searching Rarity felt her hoof hit something hard and a coin fell out of Fluttershy's mane.

“How did that get there,” She asked, still puzzled. Upon closer inspection they found that the coin was not a bit, but an arcade coin with an image of Discord etched into it.

“Okay. Now where does that there fancy coin go,” Applejack asked. Luna cleared her throat to draw attention to the rather large machine next to her. “Now that definitely wasn't there before.”

The machine appeared to be a Discord themed arcade game. Fluttershy took the coin and put it into the machine. The screen flickered before sparking to life abruptly. When the image cleared up they all saw Discord sitting in a chair surrounded by all sorts of gears and levers and valves and gauges.

“Oh, hey Fluttershy. You got my note then. Can you guess where I am right now?”

“Umm, no. I really can't. I have no idea where you are, Discord.”

“The belly of the beast, my dearest little pony,” Discord said as he pulled a lever. He fidgeted with a few more before returning to the screen. “You see, I am actually in the sea monster, controlling it. Be sure to tell Twilight that all the ponies are fine. They are being sorted in the actual belly of beast as we speak. Pretty soon its gonna be full though, but this will surely have helped.”

“Oh, yes, Discord. Thank you very much,” Fluttershy said. Discord waved goodbye and the screen wet black again. They all just stood there and stared at the screen for a moment.

“That Discord is sure an odd one,” Papa Frost said.

“That is ENOUGH!” The Anti-Spike roared out again. “It is time for me to end this pathetic battle myself.”

Luna ran forward a few steps as the Anti-Spike started to make his way toward them. “Prepare yourselves. The real battle has just begun.”

“Are you sure your strong enough, dear,” Rarity asked, “You took quite a beating from that dreadful Ebony Thorn character.”

“Yeah, are you okay,” Fluttershy asked.

“Girls,” Luna said, “Even if I had fought a thousand battles I would still have strength enough to fight for Spike.”

“Well then,” Flake said, “What are we waiting for?”