• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 470 Views, 6 Comments

Rise of the Paladins - Icarus720



We are the Paladins. We arrived in Equestria through the Gate and now, not only the fate of our world is at stake ,but that of Equestria as well. We musnt faik

  • ...
26
 6
 470

chapter 1

“So when are you going to tell us what's so interesting about this cave you found, Tim," Shar asked, “or are you just going to let us wonder what could be in the Seara Nevada mountains."

“No, it's just we got here a little early, so we have to wait a few minutes for the solar zenith, but no harm in telling you three now," I respond

“Tell us what?" Harley asked.

“Last week, when I was up here I found a cave, since it had rained the day before I could see nothing came or went. I, being me, decided that it was safe to enter. When I did I noticed the walls start to glow. Here's where it gets fun, ya know Tinia from Revelations, he materialized in front of me. He told me that me and three others were The Paladins, the people the Swords of Eden were designed for. They weren't of First Civ design, you see when they created the Eye they saw what they would create and that if they didn't, the world would collapse around them. They saw that if there civilization did not create them, their efforts to save the planet would be in vain.

“Juno was the first to try to weild them. The effort drove her to the brink of inanity. That's why they made the Gate. To send the originals from this world until their true weilders acquired them. Naturally they made copies, like Excalibur, Durendel and Attila the Hun's Mars," I said.

Nobody spoke. We just stood there, exchanging glances. Mark was the first to speak

“How do you know it's us?" he asked.

“You have to be joking," Shar exclaimed, “this is unbelievable!"

“I know it's crazy, to think this is true, and to think that were so special. I'm not screwing around, if I was I'd be on Facebook or kik. But I'm right in front of you, each of you know me well enough to know that this is legit. You can doubt your the other three Paladins, I know I'm right. Do you trust me?"

They nod.

“Lets do this then."

We get to the cave as the solar zenith arrives. Outside the cave stand Tinia.

“Welcome," he says, “I see you have gathered the others."

Shar hands Harley a twenty and Harley does her little victory dance. I just shake my head and walk into the cave. The cave glowed brightly when we entered so we had to shield our eyes til they adjusted to the light. We continued with mild conversation. At one point we decided that when we got back we would look into Ubisoft and see their connection to this stuff. When we meet an unnaturally smooth dead end, we redirected our focus to the matter at hand.

“Step forward and place your hand on the wall." Tinia instructs.

As I step twards the wall I suddenly get this tingly feeling. The feeling gets stronger as each of us place our hands on the wall. The tingling dies suddenly and the wall opens to reveal a large echoy room empty for all but an arch to nowhere in the middle of the room.

“I cannot enter, it is meant for you alone," Tinia said.

We nod in understanding, then begin the walk to the Gate.

growl

“Da fuck was that?" Harley asked.

“My stomach," I grin.

“Now I'm hungry," Mark complained.

“I am too, now shut up," Shar said.

When we arrive at the Gate, the three of them look at me expectantly.

“It could be open for all we know," I say as I stick my foot through.

When it disappears I bring it back.

“I'll go first, then Shar, Harley, and Mark."

I don't wait for a response and dash through the Gate. I see the cave and a forest at the same time before I blackout.

_______________________________________

When I wake I see that I'm in someone's room. My head hurt. I slowly get of bed and examine my surroundings. I see that it was some sort of guest room that hadn't been uses in a while. I could see the footprints of a girl and a ... bear? I ponder this as I stretch, but I stop when I mentally find muscles that hadn't been there . When I stretch them I see wings out of the corner of my eyes. I stare in wonder as I twist then to examine each feather and don't even notice that someone entered until I heard a quiet eep. When I turn I see a girl about my age with light pink hair carrying a tray with a bowl of soup.

“Oh, um, sorry if I looked like some kind of crazy there, but uh, it's gonna take some time to explain my confusion so I think I should start with my name, Tim. Uh, yours?" I say nervously.

She just hides behind her hair.

“Hello?"

Nothing. I noticed that she had wings too.

I decided to take a leap of faith and asked, “ Your wouldn't happen to be Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness, would you?"

I get some thing but I couldn't quite hear it.

“I'm sorry but can you speak up," I said.

“Yes, I am," she whispers.

“Hello, Fluttershy, if I scared you earlier, I am incredibly sorry for that, I never had wings before, you see, I'm from some place similar to where Twilight went when she went through the mirror in the Crystal Empire."

“Y-you are?"

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye," I say going through the motions of a Pinkie promise. She seemed happier because of this.

“You gonna be alright?" I ask.

“Yes, b-but maybe we should go to Twilight, if you want to of course."

“That would be wonderful."

We leave her cottage and head into town. I just try to act like a normal person, or is it pony? This anthro shit is weird. If you know me - but you don't - you'd know how hard that is for me, I ended up dancing out of sheer bordom. I collect myself and resist the urge to do the worm by the time we get to the Golden Oaks library.
I, being me, knock.

"It's a library, just come in!" a voice calls.

I chuckle as we enter tibrary/house.

“Fluttershy, its you! And who is this?" Twilight asks.

“Timothy, miss Twilight, we are here for you expetees."

“How do you know my name?"

“Alicorn, lives in a tree that's also a library, simple deductive reasoning."

“Well I'm not a miss, but thank you. Why are here."

“I'm here to talk about alternate worlds."

Author's Note:

This is my first story ever so I need an editor to critique my work.