• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 543 Views, 19 Comments

Book 1:Changing Patterns - natis120



When Poison Ivy;daughter of Queen Chrysalis;is assigned to go to Twilight's so she can learn to control her powers,she starts hearing voices in her head. Everything goes downhill from there.

  • ...
13
 19
 543

Chapter 3:Changing Emotions

"Poison Ivy!" Everypony in the room looked at the owner of the voice, Twilight herself.

Poison Ivy was breathing hard through her nostrils and her horn was still alight with the blinding white aura. She glared harshly towards Sugar Rush.

"What?!" She huffed, not taking her eyes off Sugar Rush.

"Ivy, you need to calm down!" Twilight pleaded. "Please..."

Poison Ivy took her eyes off Sugar Rush and looked at Twilight with a scowl, but somehow her eyes seemed...soft?

Ivy took a deep breath, "I'm sorry..." she apologized.

Twilight smiled softly and walked towards Poison Ivy, who hung her head low. Twilight put a hand on Ivy's shoulder, "It's fine. We all make mistakes." Twilight comforted. Somehow, it was a lot like when Princess Celestia comforted her in the caves. Ivy looked up and smiled at Twilight.

"Thank you." She said, and as soon as she said that the blinding white aura in her horn disappeared.

Twilight saw how emotions affected Ivy's magic and made a mental note to help her with that later.
Suddenly, Ivy gave Twilight a crushing bear hug and started sobbing on her neck. Twilight was taken aback for a minute by this but soon came back to her senses and returned the embrace to the sobbing young mare.

"It's okay, now let it all out." Twilight said as she lightly patted her in the back.

"I didn't tell you..." Ivy sniffed.

"About what?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"About...m-my p-past..." Ivy said in between sobs.

"It's m-mom... She always y-yelled at m-me for l-losing control over m-my magic a-and she never e-even helped!" Ivy sobbed even louder.

"Who is your mom anyways?" Asked Twilight, stroking her mane gently.

"Q-queen Chrysalis..." Ivy cried softly, holding her breath.

Twilight gasped and quickly let go of Poison Ivy, giving her a gentle push. This girl was the daughter of the monster who locked her in those old crystal caves! And she was hugging her!

"You mean queen of changelings?!" Twilight shrieked.

She nodded, "Yes..." she whimpered highly above a whisper. She sat on the floor quietly and dug her head between her knees.

Twilight almost gasped again but held her breath as she remembered Ivy's emotional state. She sat next to Ivy and hugged her, "I'm sorry." she said. Ivy looked up at Twilight, her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying and her cheeks were rosy despite the dark color of her fur.

"It's fine. We all make mistakes." She said softly. Twilight smiled and ruffled her mane, "Atta girl!" she said. Even in her mood, a smile found it's way into Ivy's mouth.

"This brought tears to my eyes!" The two mares looked at the owner of the silky voice, a milk white unicorn mare with a purple curly mane. In her hands she held a silk handkerchief and her soft eyes were moist with tears.

"Oh! Rarity, this is Poison Ivy." Twilight introduced, "Poison Ivy, this is Rarity." she finished while getting up with Ivy.

"Nice to meet you, darling!" Rarity said while offering her hand.

"Um...nice to meet you too.." Ivy said while shaking Rarity's hand.

"Okay y'all, what's going on here?" An orange earth pony mare asked.

"Oh hey Applejack!" Twilight beamed, "Meet Poison Ivy." she put an arm over Poison Ivy's shoulders.

Poison Ivy could feel sweat running down her face, she smiled sheepishly. But inside her head she was hitting herself.

Oh great, she said in her mind. More freaks!

"Yeehaw! Good gravy Twi, why didn't ya tell earlier! Name's Applejack, nice ta meet ya!" Applejack said, shaking Ivy's hand furiously.

Applejack noticed Poison Ivy sweating and commented "Ah don't bite, sugarcube."

Ivy nodded and walked to the kitchen, leaving a very confused Applejack behind.


Upon reaching the kitchen, Poison Ivy was happy to find that it was empty. She sat in a stool next to the table.

"Hey!" Someone said from the door frame. Ivy looked at it and saw Sugar Rush lying against it.

"Oh it's just you..." Ivy said putting her head down on the somewhat golden table.

"Look..." Sugar Rush started, "I'm sorry. I just can't control myself sometimes." she said wth noticible shame.

Poison Ivy lifted her head from the table and looked at Sugar Rush straight in the eyes.
Just then she noticed that she was telling the truth.

"I...forgive you." Ivy said whith a small smile.

Sugar Rush perked up at the words as soon as she heard them.

"R-really?" She asked a bit surprised.

"Yes." Ivy replied with a nod.

"Thank you!" Sugar exclaimed while running to Ivy and embracing her.

Poison Ivy was surprised, she thought Sugar Rush was like the little mean changelings she had met back at the hive.

"Can we be friends?" Sugar Rush asked, breaking the hug.

"Of course!" Ivy said sweetly.

And just as she said that, "Sugar Rush!" a shrill voice called out. A teenage blue filly stuck her head into the kitchen door.

"Hey Sugar Rush!" The filly greeted, she looked at Ivy for a second and then back at Sugar Rush.
"Who's the friend?" She asked.

"Oh! Poison Ivy, this is Cloud Puff!" She introduced. " Cloud Puff, this is Poion Ivy."

Cloud Puff entered the kitchen with a banana in her hand and a cheesy smile on her face.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Cloud Puff taunted. "A newbie flier?"

Poison Ivy's smile deflated and a cold expression formed on her muzzle.

"I am not a newbie flier, just so you know!" She stated in a strong intimidating tone, her wings flaring out in anger.

A faint white aura covered her horn once more. Sugar Rush saw this and hurried after Poison Ivy to stop her from doing something she would regret.

"Oh yeah?!" Well prove it!" Cloud Puff yelled.

Poison Ivy could fel a smirk curving on her lips. Sugar Rush stomped in between the two.

"STOP!!!" She yelled at the the top of her lungs.

Cloud Puff stared at Sugar Rush with a frown, "What's the big deal?!" She said angrily.

"The big deal is that Ivy can't control her powers, if you make her angry she might accidentaly hurt you!" Sugar Rush explained.

"Ahhhhhh!" Sugar looked black at Poison Ivy only to see her curled up on the floor, groaning, and crying in pain.

"OMG!" Sugar Rush gasped, "Are you okay Ivy?!" She asked.

Poison Ivy just moaned and grinded her teeth together in pain.

"Go get Twilight NOW!" Sugar comanded as she sat next to Ivy.

Cloud Puff ondeen and ran out of the kitchen to look for Twilight.


"Twilight! Twilight!" Cloud Puff cried.

Everypony looked at Cloud Puff, who was was wearing a worried expression.

"What is it Cloud Puff?" Twilight asked. "Is everything okay?"

Cloud Puff shook her head, "Poison Ivy lost control over the magic!" She shakily explained.

Twilight's eyes went wide, "Again?!" She asked, a bit shocked.

"Yes!" And before Cloud Puff could say anything else, Twilight was off and running to the kitchen, where Poison Ivy and Sugar Rush were.

I hope she's okay... Cloud Puff thought. I didn't mean to hurt her... Her thoughts were interrupted by a huff.

"What did you do to her?" A cyan pegasus mare with a prism mane asked, slightly raising her eyebrow.

"I did nothing..." Cloud Puff said defensively, crossing her arms.

"Still it..." The mare said, this time louder.

Cloud Puff sighed, "You win mom..." She said looking at the floor in shame.

"I got into a fight with her, alright!" She said raising her arms.

Author's Note:

I finally finished this Chapter! Gawd this took me so much time to finish!
I hope you enjoyed! I'm not exactly sure when the next Chapter will be out, though.