• Published 9th Oct 2014
  • 302 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria Under Siege - Willfire



A stalemate keeps half of Equestria lifeless and half hanging by a thread. Something has to give...

  • ...
17
 11
 302

Random Interlude: New Year's Party

Author's Note:

This is 100% random and just for fun. Hope you enjoy this totally off the wall chapter.

Random Interlude: New Year’s Party

Applejack rushed around a mortar crater leading the charge against a Quil line in the middle of Ponyville. The dozen soldiers behind her yelling war cries of their own as they charged was like music to her ears. Above her the Winged Folk led by Twilight and Celestia clashed with the Quil Airborne valiantly trying to give them cover as they made for their objective. Next to her Pinkie Pie giggled like a mad mare as her two sub-machine guns sang their duet of death.

“INCOMING!” The call was loud and crisp, cutting through the din of combat easily and Applejack reacted. Diving into Pinkie Pie knocking her away from the stray mortar that was going to kill them.

Pinkie looked over Applejacks shoulder as she pushed to her hands and knees to look at the damage as the rest of the troops kept charging.

“That would have left a mark…” Pinkie said quietly.

“True that. Come on Sugercube, time ta get back in this fight.” Applejack said as she pushed to her feet and held out a hand to help Pinkie.

“Okie dokie lokie!” Pinkie grinned as she took the hand.

The moment Pinkie’s hand touched Applejack’s a loud ringing could be heard and a sharp voice calling out “CUT!”

At once the loud noises of the combat around them ground to a halt. Soldiers and Quil alike turned to face the same direction where a talk folk with mismatched horns sat on a folding chair. He wore a yellow button up shirt and pants that flaired at the hips but tightened around the ankles. A pair of dark shades rested on his nose as he tapped a claw to his chin. The claw was attached to an arm with fur while the other arm was an eagle’s leg. Reaching up with his other arm he pulled the shades away to reveal yellow eyes with red iris.

“Damnit sir, what was wrong this time?” A voice called out.

“Nothing, absolutely nothing!” He started to giggle a maddening giggle. Everyone around him rolled their eyes. It was true that he was insane, but he was the best in the business and many put up with the crazy that seemed to follow him around. As he grinned he heard the playback going off. “Oh kill the play back please, this is a wondrous moment.” As the noise stopped he snapped his fingers causing him to vanish in a flash and appear standing on his chair. “Gather around everyone, this is going to be great news.”

He paused a moment to let the actors on his set move towards him. The actors playing soldiers help others to their feet where they ‘died’ and the Quil started to remove the get ups revealing other folk, sweating like crazy. The ‘Winged’ folk landed and started to remove the harnesses they were using. Most removing wings as well.

“Hey Discord are we going to set up for another take cause it’s a pain in the flank to get this get up on and off all the damn time!” One of the dragons called out.

“That’s part of the good news, not to day my friends.” Discord grinned at them all as many of the ‘dragons’ started to remove pieces revealing more actors in costumes. Once everyone gathered around him he coughed into his lion paw fist and looked at them all. “My friends we are ahead of our shooting schedule and we just had another perfect scene so as a reward I’m giving everyone the week off. As you know today is the last day of the year and tomorrow is a whole new year. Go celebrate everyone and wonderful job!” Everyone gathered before him gave a cheer then wondered off to finish up and get out. “And don’t forget, the last one out needs to turn out the lights! If anyone needs me all you are going to get is my voice mail.” Then with another flash he was gone.

An orange mare gave a fist pump at the news and turned heading for her changing room. As one of the ‘stars’ of the movie she had her own dressing room, the door labeled with the name Sunrise Burst. Opening the door she stepped in and quickly removed her trooper jacket and tossed it aside then pulled the olive shirt underneath off as well giving a huge sigh of relief as her wings shot out to the their full reach, impressive six foot wing span. There was a knock on her door and she sighed.

“Hold up, I need to get decent first.” She called out all traces of the accent she used gone, as she quickly finished changing from the uniform to something simple. Jeans with a white shirt. Picking up the belt that went with her jeans she called for whoever to enter revealing the pink mare from the set, Cotton Candy. Her mane was straight and tied back in braids. Sunrise was surprised just how long her mane truly was, reaching her ankles when it wasn’t done up in the curls on set or in braids off set. With her hair no longer up in its curls Sunrise could clearly see the pink horn on her forehead. She wore a zipped up brown jacket and blue jeans. Red sneakers poked out from under the pants’ hems.

“Hey Candy, what’s up?”

“Hey Sunny, the rest of the girls and I were going to hit The Grill tonight, want to come with?” She asked. Unlike her character Pinkie Pie, Candy was nowhere near as excitable.

“That sounds like a plan. Where are they?” Sunrise asked.

“Just outside waiting on you.” Candy smiled at her. Suddenly her horn lit up and the door opened letting the other four walk in.

“Good grief sister you are just so slow!” A white mare asked impatiently getting a snort from Sunrise. Her purple hair, finally free of the mane spray pooled around her shoulder and down her front. ON her forehead was a small red dot where her horn was on set. She wore a simple blue shirt and jeans along with a heavy pair of boots. Wrapped around her waist was her own black jacket.

“Down Diamond. Let’s not rush her, we got all night.” Diamond, or Diamond Stud as her full name was, looked over at the purple figure floating next to her on a pair of wings. Her purple mane was free flowing under a blue ball cap with a pair of shades on her face. She wore blue jean shorts, exposing her legs from the knees down and a white t-shirt.

“Amethyst Star, you of all folk should agree with me. Prisim and Butterfly here could care less I know but you, you should be on my side.” Diamond told her as she watched Amethyst walk up the wall to stand on the ceiling, her wings fluttering to keep her there.

“Twilight, might agree, but I find no cause to rush either Sunrise there, or interrupt Prism and Butterfly.” Amethyst pointed to where and Prism and Butterfly were cuddled up in the corner.

Sunrise rolled her eyes as she pulled on her boots looking around for her jacket. “It is kinda cold out there you sure you are going to be ok Star?” Amethyst snorted at her trying to hold back a laugh.

“Yeah, I ran weather colder than this for years. This is almost a heat wave for me.” She turned to the cyan and butter colored mares sitting on a small bench. “Hey you two. About ready to go?”

Prism, the Cyan mare wearing a blue dress and high heels looked up at the ceiling walking Star as she brushed her smooth mane out of her eyes. Once she was offset Prism was quick to put her mane back into a semblance of decency. No horn or wings visible. “Just about sweetie, though if you are getting restless I can think of a few things you can do.” She winked at Star as she snuggled up to the mare next to her.

Butterfly for her part wore a dress and high heels as well. Her pink mane, free of the extensions, rested daintily on her shoulders though the wicked look in her eyes as she looked at Star was sultry, silently asking her to join them. She too had no horn or wings.

“Sorry girls but I’m married thank you.” Star said holding up her left hand showing off the ring. “And once we are done with this outing I’m going home and bucking his brains out for a week straight. Besides, I don’t swing that way like you two do. No matter how much he might want me to ‘try’.” Star laughed a little causing the rest of them to join in.

Once the laugher stopped Star turned and fluttered down to the floor. “What about you three? You three got someone special to go home too?”

“Might go to a bar after the ball drops and see if I can’t pick up a nice stallion or two.” Diamond said with a small grin. “Can’t spend new year’s alone.”

“Of course you can’t.” Candy said slyly. “Ever thought of just nailing one down like I did? Its not THAT hard to do so.”

“Oh, think he might be willing to let me join in?” Diamond asked.

“Sorry girlfriend, there are two things in this world I do NOT share. My underwear and my stallion.” Candy told her shaking her finger at her.

“Oh well, I’m sure some stallion wouldn’t mind helping me out tonight.” Diamond sighed then looked to Sunrise. “How about you Sunrise?”

“Single and happily willing to stay that way. Let’s hit the road ladies. Star and I will fly on ahead and get the table saved. Candy think you can teleport the four of you?”

“Please, my last role was a powerful mage in a sci-fi movie. You have any idea what I had to do to prepare for that role? Teleporting four of us there, please no problem. In fact, see you two there.” There was a pink flash and suddenly Star and Sunrise was left in the dressing room alone.

“Remind me again why Discord casted me as Twilight and not her?” Star asked.

“Same reason he casted me, a Winged one as a Earth Folk. I can pass that ‘country style’ better than any of them can. You make the character work, so what he needs to spend more on the CG stuff, it is what makes all his movies turn out so good. The characters are believable.”

“What? I make the book bound egghead work?” Star paused as the two of them walked to the door. “Well I did do that one scene as a librarian.”

“Naughty Lesbian Librarians 6?” Sunrise asked innocently.

“Yeah that….” Star’s head shot up wide eyed. “You saw that?”

“Yep. Was kinda stunned to see you in it. Didn’t know you could do that with a riding crop and wings.” Sunrise snickered at her as she gestured for them to continue.

“Yeah, me neither until I did the scene. And now I’m pretty sure why Prism and Butterfly want me to join them all the time.” Star glanced over at Sunrise as the two of them walked towards the exit of the set. “Does mom know about it?”

“As far as I know sis, she doesn’t.”

“Good, that is the last thing I need brought up at Thanksgiving dinner.”

The two of them walked out into the cold afternoon air. Star took a deep breath then launched into the air with a flap of her wings. Sunrise looked at her with a smile.

“Feeling tied down sis?” Sunrise asked.

“You have no idea. Come on let’s fly, stretch our wings a bit. I’m sure the girls are waiting on us.” Star turned and took off into the sky as Sunrise watched.

“Happy New Year sis, Happy New Year.”

She unfurled her wings then took off after Amethyst.