• Published 28th Sep 2014
  • 2,255 Views, 81 Comments

A New World, A New Family - Lance Skyes



Yet another short story for A New World, A New Way. In this one, two families merge into one, and unbreakable bonds are formed, whether the bonded like it or not.

  • ...
11
 81
 2,255

7: When a Plan Comes Together (Arc 1 finale)

Shortly before sundown, Felix, Kanga, Roo, and Pinky were making their way up a mountain to the north of Ponyville.

“Remind me again why we're on our way up here right now if Lyra and Bon Bon aren't supposed to meet us for about two hours,” Pinky said.

“Because we're scouting that cave at the top out to make sure there's no dangerous Pokemon hanging around,” Felix replied. “I mean, it would be a real disaster if we brought those two up there and we were all suddenly confronted by an Aggron or something.”

“Hmm... I suppose that's a good point,” Pinky replied as she lifted herself and the others up a steep climb.

“So Felix,” Kanga said as they all landed and began walking along a path again. “What exactly do you know that you're not telling me? Let's start with why we're all going up this mountain, and we'll go from there.”

“As I said back in Ponyville, it's a surprise,” Felix replied. “But trust me, it's a good surprise...”

Felix ran through the Everfree Forest. Even if he could run at top speed without slamming into a tree or tripping on a plant, it wouldn't have been close to how fast his mind was racing as he attempted to process everything that had just happened to him. Finally, he came across a small stream. Without hesitating, he ran over to it and dunked his head in, seeing as he had no hands to bring the water up to his face. Quickly, he pulled out and tried to shake the water off of him.

“Calm down, Felix,” he said to himself as he gave his head another shake. “Calm down... calm down... WHY AREN'T YOU CALMING DOWN?” The Meganium gave himself another dunk before sitting down and trying to take a deep breath. “A little more calm? Good.” With another deep breath, he made another attempt at processing everything that just happened to him. “Okay... so Kanga actually does like me. This is actually happening. Why am I stressing out so much over this, though? It could be partially attributed to the fact that I was completely clueless when it came to human women. But even then, Kanga and I already know each other so well, she's obviously committed to me. Even Roo sees both of us as her parents. Why doesn't all this make things easier?”

It was right then that Felix heard a voice from in front of him. “Having trouble with something?” a feminine child-like voice asked. Felix looked up to see a head poking up out of the water. It was blue, had a white nose, big dark eyes, and... for a moment, Felix couldn't tell if on her head were ears of wings. “Or more specifically someone?”

Felix just sighed. “It's nothing, really,” he said.

The Dragonair huffed and swam towards Felix. “I might not know you, but you're making it no secret that you're lying to me right now,” she said before slithering up onto land and raising her head so that she was about at eye-level with Felix. “Tell me what's wrong, and I might be able to help. Trust me.”

There was another pause before Felix sighed and responded. “Something tells me you aren't going to leave me be until I let you help me.” The Dragonair nodded. “Alright, fine. But please get out of my face first.”

“Alright,” she said before slinking back down and coiling up next to Felix, resting her head on her coiled form.

“You see...” Felix started. “There's this... girl I know, and she and I have been best friends for years. But the thing is, I've never considered being anything more than that with her. She's been thinking a little further than I've been for a while, though. Do you get what I'm saying?”

“Mm-hmm,” the Dragonair said, never seeming to lose interest.

“Well...” Felix rubbed the back of his neck with one of his vines before continuing. “Okay, this is too difficult, so I'm just going to be blunt. I used to be a human. I wasn't always a Meganium. And the girl who likes me, she's a Kangaskhan. A Kangaskhan that I- well, I didn't exactly 'catch' her by the definition most people give it. I saved the life of her and her child and they wanted to travel with me after that. Back to the topic at hand, though. The thing is, she admitted her love to me while I was still human. Well, she tried to, but then... something happened. We still don't know what, but...” Felix trailed off and shook his head.

“Anything else?” the Dragonair asked.

“Actually...” Felix replied. “There might be one other thing. I... I think I like her, too.”

“So then what's the issue?” the Dragonair asked while tilting her head to the side.

“The issue is that I have no idea what to do,” Felix said. “I mean, everything's been happening to me so fast lately and... I kinda ran away from her the first time she tried to kiss me. I don't know why, I just panicked.”

The Dragonair was silent for a moment while thinking about everything Felix just said. “And I'm assuming just simply apologizing and trying again is out of the question for you,” she said. Felix nodded. “Well, I don't know what plans you might have, but I might have a suggestion. Look up for a moment.”

Felix did as he was told. “It's a full moon tonight,” he commented with a frown. “It looks so much different than the moon back on Earth.”

“But the point is that it's full,” Dragonair replied. “You might have been a human up until this morning, but try to look at it from the perspective of a wild Pokemon who's lived the same way every day of its life. I doubt that moon would look much different in the eyes of a Meowth or a Clefairy.”

“I... suppose,” Felix said as he looked back down at Dragonair. “But how does that help me?”

“Do you know about Mt. Moon in Kanto?” she asked. “Back on Earth, I mean.”

“Yeah,” Felix replied. “I was going to make my way there within a couple of weeks before this happened.

“Well, do you know what happens there on full moon nights?”

Felix thought for a moment. “From what I remember, I think many of the Clefairy who live at that mountain come out and dance in the moonlight. I've heard it's the most beautiful sight in Kanto. Beaten as the most beautiful sight in the world by Lumiose City at night in the Kalos region, but that's the opinion of the traveler's guides, not me.”

“Think about the Clefairy that lived on Mt. Moon,” the Dragonair said. “If they're in this world, do you think they'd notice they're on a different planet as long as they're still on a relatively quiet mountain and there's a full moon out?”

“Maybe?” Felix replied after a short pause.

“Why don't you look up at that mountain over there for proof?” the Dragonair asked, indicating a mountain far to the north. Felix looked up and for a moment couldn't see anything. However, upon looking closely, he noticed a faint light towards the top. Straining his eyes to see better, he noticed a number of small forms rising into the air, all emitting a small amount of light.

“Are those the Clefairy from Mt. Moon?” Felix asked.

“Perhaps they are,” the Dragonair replied with a nod. “But if they are, what would you plan to do about it?”

Felix was silent for a moment while thinking about the Dragonair's question. “What would I do about it?” he repeated. “I'd... I'd take Kanga up there, and show her the most beautiful sight I know of to show that I care about her very much, and that, though I might have panicked at first, I now want nothing more than what she wants. For us to be able to spend the rest of our lives together.” Felix smiled a little as she continued watching the Clefairy from afar. He then turned to the Dragonair. “Thank you for the help, miss...”

“Mangol,” the Dragonair replied. “I go by the name Mangol.”

“Mangol?” Felix asked. “That's a fairly weird name for a Dragonair. But, who am I to judge? I called a Mareep Drake when I caught him.”

“Did you now?” Mangol asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

“Yeah,” Felix replied. “But because he's now an Ampharos, the name Drake make slightly more sense. What with his Mega Evolution adding the Dragon type to him and all. I never found an Ampharosite for him, though, so what I just said is possibly meaningless.”

“Whether you could mega evolve him or not, I'm sure the name Drake fits him perfectly,” Mangol said. “But enough about him. Was this conversation not about you?”

“Oh right,” Felix said. “Ah, I don't think I could go back right now, though. The air between me and Kanga would be too... awkward. Granted, it would still be awkward if I came back in the morning, but...” Felix looked back at the mountain where the Clefairy were just finishing their dance. “What do you think I should do?” the Meganium asked as he turned back around to... no one. Somehow, Mangol had disappeared. “Mangol? Where'd you go?” The stream was still flowing, so there would have been no telling whether or not the Dragonair had slipped in without Felix noticing. The Meganium simply sighed before walking away back towards where the rest of his Pokemon were.

Meanwhile, a pair of menacing blue eyes with red shading around them was watching the Meganium leave. “So it truly is you, Felix...” she said. “You looked different, but you always had the same smell about you. And since you're here, that can only mean... my dear Drake can't be too far away.” The Zoroark then dropped her illusion, rematerializing on the other side of the stream that Felix was at. “I'm glad to meet you once again, but before we can catch up, I have an Ampharos to find.” Mangol then turned and ran into the trees behind her, disappearing into another illusion.

“FELIX, LOOK OUT!” Kanga shouted, snapping Felix back to reality. The Meganium shook himself aware and looked up just in time to notice a rock slide heading towards him.

Felix had very little time to react, so without wasting a second, Pinky jumped in front of her trainer and shouted, “PROTECT!” Quickly, a protective barrier spawned in front of the two, causing the rocks to be redirected to either side of them.

“Are you alright Felix?” Kanga asked while running over to the two as Pinky dropped her barrier.

“I'm fine thanks to Pinky,” Felix said while breathing a sigh of relief and turning to Pinky with a smile.

“You're welcome,” Pinky replied. She then looked up at where the rocks came from with a worried expression. “That wasn't an ordinary rock slide. That was aimed at us.”

“You mean another Pokemon tried to use Rock Slide on us?” Roo asked.

“Possibly,” Pinky replied with a nod. “Or it could be something from this world trying to keep these strange foreign creatures off of its mountain.”

“Either way, we can't let this stop us,” Felix said. “Maybe whoever did this is a reasonable being and we'll be able to explain that we'll just be up here for a night and we'll be gone before he or she knows it.”

“Are you sure about that Felix?” Kanga asked.

“Well, we're not going to get anywhere with a negative attitude,” Felix replied with a shrug. “We might as well try to stay positive and hope there's a way to settle this peacefully.”

“And if there isn't?” Pinky asked.

Felix sighed. “We'll leave, of course. But if we're attacked again, we'd have to defend ourselves.”

The others just looked around at each other in silence before Pinky spoke up. “Then I guess the choice is clear,” she said. “Besides, if what Felix said earlier today is true, this could be Tartar's doing. Maybe he's just scared and is trying to keep himself safe. He probably didn't even recognize us from where he threw that Rock Slide.”

“Way to stay positive, Pinky,” Felix said with a smile. “Now come on. We should be close to the summit.”

Meanwhile, back in Ponyville, Lyra and Bon Bon were just then finishing up their dinner at [shameless restaurant advertisement denied].

“Now THAT was worth every penny,” Bon Bon said as she wiped her mouth with her napkin.

“I'll agree with that,” Lyra replied as she rubbed her belly. “Though I probably shouldn't have had desert. I'm trying to lose weight, after all.”

“Oh Lyra,” Bon Bon said with a smile. “You know that no matter what, I'll always think you look perfect.”

“I know,” Lyra replied. “It's just...”

Lyra stopped mid-sentence as their waiter trotted up to them. “Can I get anything else for the fine ladies?” he asked in a heavy French accent.

“No thank you,” Bon Bon replied. “But please do give our compliments to the chef.”

“I shall,” he replied. He then placed the bill on the table. “Whenever you are ready,” he said before walking off.

“Bon Bon, this has been a wonderful evening,” Lyra said while gazing into her marefriend's eyes. “I consider myself the luckiest mare alive.”

“Aw, thank you,” Bon Bon said, looking back into Lyra's eyes. “But this evening is just getting started. Felix told me earlier that he's got something planned for us, and he wanted us to go right after dinner.”

Lyra was silent for a moment. “Where did he want us to go?” she asked.

“I... I don't know,” Bon Bon said. “Hm... maybe Pinky is still in town. We can probably ask her. But first...” Bon Bon picked up the check. “I'll handle this.”

One payment later, the two mares were walking out of [shameless restaurant advertisement denied]. As they walked out, though, they were greeted by a familiar voice.

“Lyra, Bon Bon,” the voice said. Both mares looked up to see Butters and Breeze flying towards them.

“Hi Butters, Breeze,” Lyra said with a wave. “What are you two doing here?”

“Felix asked us to bring you two to the top of that mountain over there,” Butters replied, indicating the mountain at the north of Ponyville. “That's where his surprise for you two is.”

“All the way up there?” Bon Bon asked, astonished. “Um... I don't think we could make that walk. Not at night, at least.”

“Oh don't worry about that,” Butters said. “We're going to fly you two up there.”

Bon Bon and Lyra exchanged confused expressions before turning back to the two Butterfree. “Um, no offense,” Lyra started, “but you two don't look quite... well you're a little...”

“Let me guess,” Butters cut in. “You think we're too frail to carry you.”

“Well I didn't want to word it like that, but...” Lyra said.

Butters and Breeze turned to each other and nodded before turning back to the two ponies. “Prepare to be amazed,” Butters said before both of their eyes began glowing blue.

Before either pony could react, they suddenly felt themselves being grabbed by something akin to a unicorn's magical aura and lifted into the air.

“Bet you two wouldn't have guessed we could do that,” Breeze said as she held Bon Bon in the air, Butters holding Lyra. Neither pony seemed to be panicking, but they were quite surprised. “A little known fact is that Butterfree have limited psychic abilities. Not nearly on Pinky's level, but we can still use some Psychic-type moves, including the move Psychic.”

“Wow,” Lyra said as she looked down at the ground about 3 feet below her. “I can honestly say that you Pokemon impress me.”

“Well you haven't seen a thing, yet,” Butters said. He then turned to his brother. “Alright, Breeze, let's get them to Felix.”

“Alright,” Breeze said. “You two ready?”

“Wait, you mean we're flying?” Bon Bon asked. “But I'm afraid of-”

The earth pony was cut off when the two Butterfree quickly took off, the two ponies in psychic tow.

“WOOOAH!” both ponies shouted as they suddenly found themselves soaring into the air, towards the clouds, the Butterfree keeping them flying close.

“This is awesome!” Lyra shouted as they all flew amongst the clouds. Occasionally, they'd pass by a confused pegasus or bird, but other than that, the ride was exhilarating. Lyra and Bon Bon looked down to see their town lit up in a way that almost mirrored the stars above. It wasn't just the sights, though. The wind in their manes, the feeling of weightlessness as the two ponies were carried by Butters and Breeze, neither mare had ever experienced anything like it.

“We're almost at the mountain,” Butters called back to the ponies. “Any special flight-related requests before we land?”

“And air sickness bag?” Bon Bon asked in a queasy voice.

“I just happened to bring one,” Breeze said as he pulled out a small brown paper bag. She tried throwing it towards Bon Bon, but the wind caught it and the bag flew away. “Um... oops.”

“Oh, that's alright,” Bon Bon replied. “I'll just... I can wait.”

Meanwhile, Felix and the others had made it to the summit of the mountain. And just in time, too. It was probably 20 minutes prior to sundown. In half an hour, the full moon would be up and the Clefairy would come out to dance.

“Well, we're here,” Felix said as he looked around at the generally uneventful but very large and flat plateau. There were some rocks around the edges, all of which were still a comfortable distance from cliffs. Directly in front of them, the Pokemon saw a massive cave. “And we got up here without any trouble aside from that Rock Slide. I think this just might-”

“DARK PULSE!” a loud and angry voice shouted from inside the cave. Felix was just barely able to duck before the blast of inky darkness hit him, and the attack sailed over his head.

“Felix, are you alright?” Kanga asked, running to her trainers aid. (Roo also took up an offensive posture, which looked very adorable.)

“I'm fine,” Felix replied as he got up. “But it looks like we've got a battle on our hands.”

All four Pokemon regrouped and faced the entrance of the cave, out of which a loud and constant stomping noise was heard. Soon, they were all faced with a very angry looking Tyrannitar.

“I suggest you four leave,” the Tyrannitar said. “Lest you wish for me to blast you off this mountain myself.”

“Tartar,” Felix said, “is that you?”

Hearing his name, Tartar's attitude quickly changed. “Ah! Felix?” he asked, guilt and worry now in his voice. “And Kanga, Roo... Pinky...” The Tyrannitar, now looking very emotional, stepped forward towards the four, all of whom now dropped their combative postures. Felix stepped forward to meet Tartar. “Felix, is that really you?”

“It is me,” Felix replied with a nod.

“So that's what Arceus was talking about when he said 'Pokemon that went through changes,'” Tartar thought out loud. “Huh. And I thought that shiny Charizard who called himself Red was just crazy.”

“Wait, are you sure his name was Red?” Felix asked, a tinge of excitement in his voice. It was his dream to meet the World Champion himself. But what self-respecting trainer didn't have that dream?

“Ah, don't get your hopes up,” Tartar replied. “He left a while ago and he said he's not coming back until morning.”

“Aw,” Felix said with a frown, his antennae drooping slightly.

“But enough about Red,” Tartar said as he walked past his trainer and towards Pinky. “It's truly a pleasure to see you again, milady.” Tartar grabbed one of Pinky's hands and leaned down to kiss it. “Pray tell, what brings you all up here? I know that even your skills could not track me easily.”

“Oh,” Pinky said as she pulled her hand away and giggled, blushing slightly as well. The Tyrannitar always tried to talk with a fancy accent and use similar words in order to impress her. As rarely as Pinky would admit it, Tartar's actions usually met their desired effect. “Well, we're actually up here because Felix wanted to-”

“ATSTSTST!” Felix shouted as he ran towards Pinky. “Surprise, remember?”

“Oh right,” Pinky replied. Though no one noticed, Kanga raised an eyebrow in curiosity because of this. Meanwhile, the Slowbro turned back to Tartar. “Felix is treating some friends who are making their way here as we speak to a special gift.”

“Oh?” Tartar asked, turning to Felix. “Who exactly is coming?”

“We're here!” another voice shouted. Everymon turned to see Butters and Breeze flying in with Lyra and Bon Bon. Quickly, all four of them landed, and Bon Bon ran behind a rock to throw up. Meanwhile, Butters and Breeze collapsed onto the ground, panting heavily.

“Oh my Arceus,” Felix said as he ran over to the two downed Butterfree. (Arceus sneezed, if gods even do that.) “Are you two alright?”

“We'll... be fine...” Breeze replied through her pants. “It just... takes a lot... to carry two ponies... and fly at the same time... over that distance.... We're just gonna lay down, and... we'll be back up in a few minutes.”

Felix reached out his vines and stroked both Butterfree. “Thank you very much,” he said. “I'm sorry you got so tired out. Feel free to rest as long as you need to.”

“Thank you,” Breeze replied.

Felix got up and turned to Lyra, who was just then being rejoined by Bon Bon. “Are you alright, Bon Bon?”

“Yeah,” the earth pony replied. “Just regretting desert, that's all.” Both ponies then looked up to see the rest of their friends... accompanied by a six-foot tall green armored dinosaur.

“Um, Felix?” Lyra said. “There's a-”

“Tyrannitar,” Felix replied. “He's a Tyrannitar, and his name's Tartar.” Felix turned to Tartar. “Tartar, these are our new friends, Lyra and Bon Bon. They're ponies.”

“Ponies?” Tartar asked. “Strange...”

“Indigenous to this world,” Pinky explained. “They're far weaker than Pokemon, but have abilities that still make them stronger than humans.”

“Hey!” Lyra, Bon Bon, and Felix shouted in unison.

“Just giving an explanation,” Pinky replied with a shrug.

Felix dismissed what Pinky said and turned to the ponies. “Don't worry about Tartar,” he said. “He's really nice.”

“Unless you mess with my friends,” Tartar replied. “In which case, I'd have no problem with smearing you across the continent.”

Lyra and Bon Bon instantly donned terrified expressions. “I said he's nice,” Felix said. “But... I didn't say he had a great sense of humor.”

“I wasn't even trying to make a joke,” Tartar said. “I was just asserting that-”

“We've already been over what would happen if they tried to hurt us, Tartar,” Kanga said, walking up to the Tyrannitar. “Besides, they're nice enough.”

“And Lyra makes great pancakes, too,” Roo added. “Almost better than Felix's.”

“Uh-huh...” Felix said, wondering if Roo even remembered he was still there. But he'd have to bother with that another time. A quick look to the west and he found that the sun was already setting and that the full moon was rising up from the eastern horizon. “Everyone,” he said, “out of that cave over there, a bunch of Clefairy are going to come out and dance in the moonlight.”

“Really?” Kanga asked. “As in the Clefairy from Mt. Moon?”

“Yes,” Felix replied before turning to the ponies. “If you're wondering, it's said that the dance Clefairy do under the full moon is the most beautiful sight in the entire Kanto region. I'd argue it's the most beautiful sight in the entirety of our old world, but tourists are more attracted by a huge city at night rather than natural wonders.” Felix shook his head, but continued. “But the point is, it's beautiful. The only problem is that Clefairy are really shy, so if they see us, they might stop dancing and hide. That being said, we should hide behind those rocks over there.” Felix indicated a group of rocks, the largest of which had a huge U-shaped hole broken through it.

“Well, I'll take your word for it,” Bon Bon said. “Hiding behind rocks isn't exactly first-class seating, but whatever it takes to keep these 'Clefairy' from hiding.”

“Alright,” Felix said. He then turned to Butters and Breeze. “Are you guys good to move or do we have to carry you?”

“We're fine,” Breeze said as he and his brother got up and flew over behind the rocks, the others following.

“Are you ready, Bon Bon?” Felix whispered to the earth pony.

“I was ready yesterday,” Bon Bon whispered back, turning for a quick glance at Lyra. “I trust this really will be special enough.”

“You have my word,” Felix replied.

“We've only just reunited, and now we're viewing the most romantic sight in the world together,” Tartar said to Pinky. “As if destiny couldn't be any more subtle.”

“Tartar, please,” Pinky said, turning away but still smiling. “This is Lyra and Bon Bon's evening. Besides,” Pinky donned a smirk, “it's been so long since we've seen each other. I feel like I need to get to know you all over again.”

“Oh, Pinky,” Tartar said with a laugh, “surely it could not be so easy to forget one as amazing as I.”

“Shh, you two,” Felix said to Pinky and Tartar. “I think the Clefairy are coming out.”

Sure enough, as soon as Felix said this, everyone saw as a group of small pink creatures began walking out of the cave. (Some of them bouncing rather than walking.) More and more kept arriving, and each one, upon being touched by the moonlight, began glowing. Not so brightly that everyone had to shield their eyes, but just bright enough so that their beauty could be seen. As the last few Clefairy left, four slightly different-looking Pokemon walked out as well, the four Clefable carrying a large stone that was as black as the night sky.

“A Moon Stone...” Felix thought to himself. “I knew Clefairy usually danced around one of those, but I didn't think Arceus would bring evolutionary stones to this world, too.”

The four Clefable brought the Moon Stone to the center of the area, and set it down with an ungraceful *thud*.

“Clefairy!” they all chirped happily as the Moon Stone was set down. With that in place, they all began to dance. Gracefully hopping and boucing around in a circle, all floating to the ground after each leap, and all chanting “Clefairy, Clefairy, Clefairy...”

“I...” Lyra tried to say. “I never thought I'd ever see such a sight. They're so graceful, so eloquent, so...”

“Adorable,” Roo finished with a smile.

“Yeah, that,” Lyra said.

“I never thought I'd see such a large number of Fairy-types so close to me and still be in such awe at their beauty,” Tartar said.

Pinky just giggled. “Oh, you and your way with words,” she said teasingly while leaning up against the Tyrannitar.

Felix and Kanga just watched in silence, though they were standing next to each other. Neither of them seemed entirely focused on the Clefairy dancing, however. Every so often, they would both take side glances at each other, trying to figure out the other's emotions at the time.

”It's now or never,” Felix thought to himself. He then casually scooted a little closer to Kanga.

”Is he getting closer to me?” Kanga thought to herself as she noticed Felix's movement. ”I shouldn't, but I just have to try...”

Kanga faked a yawn and stretched her arms upward. She then brought them down, but one of them landed around Felix's neck in what could almost be mistaken as an embrace.

”I think this is working,” Felix thought as he felt the Kangaskhan's arm around him. ”Don't panic, Felix. Just lean into it casually.” The Meganium did this, his head resting on Kanga's shoulder.

”Is this really happening?” Kanga thought. ”Is Felix really...?”

The two stayed like this for a while before Bon Bon walked over to them. “Thank you so much, Felix,” she said, getting the attention of both Pokemon. “Oh. Sorry, you two were having a moment.”

“No, it's fine,” Kanga said, removing her arm from around Felix. “Are you ready?”

“It's now or never,” Bon Bon said with a sigh.

“Alright,” Kanga said. “Roo, if you would.”

Roo nodded, reached into Kanga's pouch, pulled out a small black box, and handed it to Bon Bon. “Good luck, Miss Bon Bon,” the baby Kangaskhan said.

“Same from the rest of us,” Felix added.

“Thank you all,” Bon Bon said, taking the box from Roo. “Is there any way I could repay you all?”

“Bon Bon, this was us repaying you for keeping Roo safe that first day,” Kanga said.

“The housing thing we talked about earlier couldn't hurt, though,” Felix said. “I mean, if that's alright.”

“It's no problem,” Bon Bon said. “Now if you'll excuse me...” She smiled at the Pokemon before turning and trotting towards Bon Bon.

Lyra was still watching the Clefairy in awe. Even after how long they've been dancing, they still looked graceful and beautiful. The only thing that could have pulled her away from the sight was Bon Bon walking up to her.

“Lyra,” Bon Bon said.

“Yes?” Lyra asked, turning to her marefriend.

“We've been marefriends for a full year now,” Bon Bon said. “And in that year, I've felt something with you that I've never felt with any other pony I've ever met before. True love. And over these past two days, with the Pokemon appearing, Roo especially, I'm more sure than ever before that we're meant to be together. Because of all of that that...” Bon Bon knelt down on one knee and held out the box that Roo gave her. “...I have only one question for you. Lyra Heartstrings...” Bon Bon opened the box, revealing a gold (colored) ring that had a small diamond on it. “...will you marry me?”

Lyra gasped, overcome with emotion. “Oh Bon Bon...” she said, taking a moment to catch her breath. “Yes. Yes I will marry you!”

“Lyra, you can't imagine how happy I am for you to say that,” Bon Bon said, standing up and hugging the unicorn.

“I can't tell you how happy I am you asked,” Lyra said. The two then broke their hug, Lyra levitated the ring onto her horn, and then the two ponies spent another moment just staring into each other's eyes. “You... wouldn't be mad if I didn't kiss you right now though, right? I mean, you did kinda throw up earlier.”

“Oh, I understand,” Bon Bon said with a giggle.

Meanwhile, Felix and the others just looked at the two, all of them smiling at how cute they were together. There was general silence before Roo spoke up.

“Mamma,” she said while looking up and Kanga, “can I go dance with the Clefairy? Please?”

Everyone almost completely forgot about the dancing Clefairy in the background, none of them even seeming to notice their audience despite how much noise the ponies were making.

“They'd let her dance with them,” Pinky said. “I just asked one of the Clefable. They seem to be alright with Pokemon spectators. I guess it was just humans who they were shy around.” Felix grumbled at this, but didn't say anything.

Kanga thought about what Pinky had said for a moment before saying “Okay. Go crazy, little one.”

“Yay!” Roo cheered before hopping out of her mother's pouch and running towards the dancing Clefairy.

“Be careful!” Kanga called.

“Don't worry, Kanga,” Butters said as he and Breeze flew up. “We'll go keep an eye on her.” The two Butterfree then flew off to join Roo and the Clefairy.

“You know what, Tartar?” Pinky asked. “I think we'd get a better view of the Clefairy from over there. You know... away from this exact spot.”

Tartar was confused for a moment before he caught on. “Oh, you're right,” the Tyrannitar agreed. He and Pinky then walked away, leaving Felix and Pinky together. They didn't leave sight, however, before Pinky gave Kanga a wink. The Kangaskhan almost didn't notice this. Almost.

“I should go congratulate those two,” Felix said while turning to walk towards Lyra and Bon Bon. However, he was stopped by Kanga.

“Felix, I need you to tell me something,” she said. The Meganium turned around, giving his undivided attention to Kanga. “You brought us up here for reasons beyond giving Bon Bon a good backdrop for her proposal. I know Pinky knows, but I want to know. I want to know for sure.”

Felix took a deep breath before replying. “When I first met you and Roo,” he started, “it was by mistake. That day two years ago, I saw a bunch of Team Rocket Grunts heading towards Glittering Cave. My first instinct was to run and get help, but the nearest police station was about an hour's run. And that was round-trip. Plus, I felt... something. Something was calling to me. I had to take immediate action. So I ran in, and attacked as many Grunts as I could. From that point, I think you know the rest either by seeing it for yourself or me telling you afterwards.

“From that day on, you know how the others and I helped take care of Roo after what happened with her father. (I guess now that I know he was a Meganium, I should call him that, huh?) Also from that day, though, something bugged me. I could never quite put my finger on it, but some nights, when I'd be dreaming, and I knew I was safe from Pinky's prying, one thought would occur to me regarding what that thing that bugged me was. From the beginning, I'd managed to convince myself that the reason I went in was because I could sense a young soul in distress. That soul being Roo, of course. But in these dreams, my subconscious would consider another option. Maybe the reason I went into that cave wasn't Roo, but you. Maybe I saved you because...” Felix paused for a moment and looked like he was fighting to maintain his composure. “Because there was something about you that completed me. And not just in the way a friend would, but... in the way... a significant other would.”

“Then...” Kanga tried to say. She was having just as hard of a time processing this as Felix was having saying it. “Then how come you never said anything before?”

“Because the society we lived in wouldn't allow it,” Felix replied. “The society I was raised in. True, I didn't have a problem with 'good Pokephilia' as that one Ranger we ran into that one time put it. (If I remember correctly, that is.) But even then, my mind was hard-wired to fool me into thinking that this was just my imagination, and that the sole reason I went into that cave was to save Roo and any family she might have left. And any thoughts I had of us being together gradually faded away...

“But then this happened. I was turned into a Pokemon, and we were whisked away to this strange world where we could be free to love. But I wasn't able to process that last part the first day. Everything happened so fast, and my mind was struggling to make sense of it all. Then once I found out that you actually loved me, a part of me wanted to be happy, but that was a small part, and the rest was so overworked already. This news drop just made everything... fall apart.”

“And that's why you ran away when I kissed you,” Kanga finished, managing to put the pieces together. “Oh Felix, if I only knew all of this, I wouldn't have-”

“It's ok, Kanga,” Felix said. “I forgive you for what you did. It's myself who can't be forgiven for how I unwillingly played with your emotions like I did.”

The two were silent for a moment before Kanga spoke up. “I guess that leaves one last question,” the Kangaskhan said. “Why did you bring all of us all the way up here?”

“Because I needed some grand gesture to apologize for what I did,” Felix replied. “And to show you how much I truly care about you. Also, I figured I'd need a way to thank Lyra and Bon Bon for taking care of Roo, so... two Pidgeys with one Rock Throw.”

Kanga was silent once more, but unlike the last few times, she had a smile on her face. She almost couldn't believe everything Felix had just told her. Not only did he love her back, not only did he have these feelings in some way for ages, but he cared for her so much, he brought her all the way up to this mountain to witness one of the most beautiful sights in the world.

“Felix...” Kanga said finally. “I... I don't know what to say.”

“There's nothing to say, Kanga,” Felix said. “Except...” The Meganium looked up into Kanga's eyes. One of his vines reached out and rested itself on the side of Kanga's face. “Kanga...”

Kanga replied by placing one of her hands on the side of Felix's face. “Felix...”

The two leaned in closer to each other. “I...” Felix tried to say. He took a deep breath before trying to talk again. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Felix,” Kanga replied with a smile.

The two stood there for a moment, simply looking into each other's eyes. The two had been harboring feelings for each other for ages, and at long last, they were finally able to confess to each other. All they had to do from there was lean in closer to each other, purse their lips, close their eyes, and with a flare of emotion, they kissed.

At the same time as the two kissed, the Clefairy's dance reached their finale, and the Moon Stone exploded, causing it to rain many small, glowing, and strangely slow-falling shards of the evolutionary stone, creating a sensation not dissimilar to flying through space among the stars. A feeling that Felix and Kanga felt as they continued their kiss, neither one truly wanting to break away from each other.

Pinky and Tartar could only watch as Lyra and Bon Bon held each other close, Kanga and Felix remained locking lips, the sensation of falling stars continued, and several of the Clefairy evolved into Clefable after shards of the Moon Stone touched them.

“There sure is a lot going on atop this mountain...” Tartar commented.

“Indeed,” Pinky replied. After watching everything going on around her for a while, she finally said “Oh what the hell,” then reached up, grabbed Tartar, and pulled him down into a kiss. It was less romantic and more dramatic, but the Tyrannitar wouldn't have complained if Pinky let him.

In two different places, both Princess Cadence and Cresselia shuddered. There was a massive influx of romance going on somewhere. There was nothing either of them could have done about it, but it's not like either one wanted to do anything anyway. Rather, both were happy for whoever was generating so much love in one spot.

After a few minutes, everything calmed down on the mountain. Felix and Kanga sat together while watching the Clefairy, Clefable, and a few Cleffa who possibly either hatched during the dance or just plain went unnoticed, finishing everything up and retreating back into the cave. As this was happening, Roo was walking back to the two while wearing a pair of sunglasses.

“Hi Mamma, hi Felix,” Roo said with a smile on her face.

“Roo, where did you get those sunglasses?” Felix asked.

“And for that matter, why are you wearing them?” Kanga added.

“Well...” Roo said with a chuckle, “let's just say you'll never guess who got to first base with one of those Cleffa.”

Felix and Kanga just exchanged confused expressions before turning back to Roo. “Roo, you don't even know what 'first base' means,” Felix deadpanned.

“Yes I do,” Roo replied. “It's when you're playing baseball and... oh forget it.” Roo sighed and took the sunglasses off. “I saw that line on a TV show once and I thought I'd try using it.”

“Well I think you're a little young to use that line anyway,” Kanga said while patting Roo's head. “But I'm glad you at least found a new friend.”

“Yeah, and he's really cool, too,” Roo said. Kanga flinched slightly when Roo confirmed that it was a male she was talking about. “He even knows how to use Present!”

“That sounds... nice,” Kanga said, still a bit unsure of what to make of the fact that her only daughter now has a friend who happened to be male.

“Back to my question, though,” Felix said. “Where did you get those sunglasses?”

“I found them...” Roo started, but then she paused and looked at the sunglasses that were still her hand. “Actually, I don't know where I found them. They were just lying on the floor.” The baby Kangaskhan shrugged.

“Okay then...” Felix said. “I guess it'll just be one of life's many mysteries.”

“But all in all, I had fun,” Roo said, regaining her smile. “Thanks for bringing us all up here Felix.”

“You're welcome, Roo,” Felix said.

There was a slight pause while Roo gained an expression of curiosity. “There's something different about you again, Felix,” she finally said. “And it's not just you.” She turned to Kanga. “Is there something different about you too, Mamma?”

“Oh, something's very different,” Kanga said while turning to Felix with a smile. “We-”

“Kanga, Felix,” a voice interrupted. The Pokemon turned around to see Lyra and Bon Bon walking up to them. “Once again, thank you two so much for bringing us up here,” Bon Bon said.

“It was no problem,” Felix replied. “Rather, I think we could even say it was our pleasure.” The Meganium leaned in a little closer to Kanga to emphasize the point he was trying to get across.

“Oh, congratulations you two,” Lyra said. “How soon after our wedding will we have to start planning yours?”

“Um...” Kanga said. “Well, most Pokemon don't have any kind of grand ceremony like a wedding. We usually just-” Kanga stopped herself and covered Roo's ears before finishing. “We usually just mate and that's that.”

“Oh,” Lyra said, her ears flattening slightly.

“But what's stopping us from having a wedding anyway?” Felix asked. “I mean, I told you about that thing that happened in Unova some time back. Sure those two got busted by the Ranger Union and both the Gardevoir and her trainer likely got arrested, but... never mind. I'm not proving my point well enough.”

“Well, we'll give you two time to think it over,” Bon Bon said. “But for now, could you please get Butters and Breeze to take us home? We kinda wanna 'celebrate' our engagement... in private.”

“Gotcha,” Felix said. He then turned to see Butters and Breeze flying up.

“We already heard,” Breeze said. “We'll take them back to Ponyville no problem.”

“Are you sure you two will be ok?” Felix asked. “I don't want you to strain yourselves again.”

“We'll be fine, Felix,” Butters insisted. “Besides, we'll be flying downwards and the wind is in our favor this time. It'll be an easy flight this time.”

“If you say so,” Felix said. “But please be careful.”

“We will,” Butters said. The two Butterfree then flew up to Lyra and Bon Bon. “Please don't throw up this time, Miss Bon Bon.”

“Oh, I'll be fine this time,” Bon Bon said.

With that, the two Butterfree lifted the two ponies and took off towards Ponyville.

After a short pause, Kanga turned to Felix. “How would two females mate, anyway?” she asked.

“I don't know,” Felix replied. “But who knows? Maybe there's a pony thing we don't know about.” There was another pause before Felix spoke again. “Well, I don't think they're gonna want us down there with them tonight whatever the case may be.”

It was then that Tartar and Pinky walked up. “Red won't be back until morning like I said earlier,” Tartar said. “And I'm pretty sure the Clefairy will let us stay. Besides...” Tartar looked up. “This mountain is rather nice. Good view, strangely comfortable, and warm. How could a mountain be warm?”

“I heard from somewhere that Red gives off intense amounts of body heat wherever he goes as a side effect of his aura of pure incredibleness,” Felix replied. “That could be it.”

“Well, do you want us to leave you be?” Pinky asked the two.

“Actually, I don't think we're quite there yet,” Kanga replied, figuring out the meaning behind Pinky's question. “Besides...” Kanga gestured towards Roo.

“Right,” Pinky said with a nod. “Well if that's the case, try to keep her on this side of the mountain because Tartar and I do want to be left be.”

“I understand,” Felix said with a nod. “Oh, and Tartar... try not to hurt her too badly. She's still our means of communication with the ponies.”

Tartar sighed. “Fine.” The Tyrannitar then turned to Pinky and took her hand in his own. “Well, milady? Shall we digress?”

“I suppose we shall,” Pinky replied with a giggle. The two then made their way to the other side of the surprisingly large plateau and behind the cave.

“I hope they aren't too loud,” Felix said. “I kinda want to get some sleep tonight.”

”Don't worry,” Pinky said to Felix and Kanga telepathically. ”I'm putting a wall of silence around us. We shouldn't bother you.”

”Thank you,” Felix replied. He then turned around to see Roo yawning. “Yeah, I think it's about past bedtime for all of us.”

“Agreed,” Kanga said.

“What?” Roo asked. “But I'm not even ti-” Roo stopped short as she fell onto her back, out like a light and snoring adorably.

“I can't help but smile every time she does that,” Felix said.

“Neither can I,” Kanga said as she picked her daughter up and placed the little one in her pouch. Feeling where she was, Roo instinctively curled up in a little ball.

“So I guess today's over, huh?” Felix asked.

“Yeah...” Kanga replied. “This chapter of our relationship has come to a close.”

“Nah,” Felix replied. “I think this was more of a story arc than a single chapter. The past three days were, I mean.”

“Well if that's the case, I can't wait to see what the next arc has in store for us,” Kanga said with a smile as she looked into Felix's eyes. “But for now, I think we need a well-deserved good night's sleep.” The Kangaskhan leaned in and gave Felix a quick peck on the lips. “Good night, Felix.”

“Good night, Kanga,” Felix replied. The two then lay down and fell asleep, subconsciously embracing each other.

Author's Note:

I've been spelling "Tyranitar" wrong this whole time... and I didn't catch it until just now.
Way to go, Mister Grammar Nazi.
Alright, I'll admit to my own faults just this once.
Despite that, I hope you all enjoyed this incredibly lengthy and cheesey chapter. Now I'm going to take a break from this story and try to write some more in my other stories.
You lie. You're just going to play Alpha Sapphire non-stop now, aren't you?
Actually, Nana, I've already completed that game, as well as the Delta Episode. Even got my hands on the shiny Beldum. Speaking of, where are you in this story?
In a forest, I'm pretty sure.
That helps a lot. :ajbemused:
Anyway, I hope to see you all again another time. Writing this story has been fun. In fact, once I've written some more in my other stories, I just might treat fans of this story to a neat little bonus...

Also, I have a Zoroark (the Illusion Fox Pokemon) named Mangol. Now where in the past have I heard something similar to that...?