• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 1,014 Views, 4 Comments

Sugar Rush - RainbowDashian



Lyra and Bon Bon. Famous canon ship. My version.

  • ...
5
 4
 1,014

Prologue - Introductions

This story won't make much sense without introductions. And I suppose that introductions don't make sense unless the intoductor introduces themself first. So, to begin:

My name is Lyra. Lyra Heartstrings. I guess one of the most important things about me, and one of the most important factors in the story, is my special talent. My special talent is, in serendipity with my name, playing the lyre. My parents had bought it for me when I has a foal, as a toy. They hadn't known I would have been able to play it almost as well as the professionals. I was the first pony in my class to receive my cutie mark.

There are also some less important things about me, too. However, these things are fairly important, just not as much so as my lyre-playing abilities. One of these things is the fact that I am a unicorn. This means that I can harness the magic coursing through my horn, whichIcan then utilize for things such as picking up and manipulating objects, creating a light source, or, even, a small bit of teleporting.

Anotherinteresting thing about me is my "unhealthy obsession with humans." That's what everypony says: it's an unhealthy obsession. It all started when I was five. Every foal in the class was supposed to read a book and do a report on it, and present this report to the class. Simple enough. Well, not when the book you choose is written by a cryptozoologist. A cryptozoologist who repeats "Humans exist" a whopping total of nine hundred and forty eight times. When I gave the report, everypony in class just sort of looked at me for a second. Then the laughing started.

It was the first time anypony had ever laughed at me. I had laughed at other ponies before, but I had never been empathetic enough to sense what they were feeling. But, at that moment when the class' laughter cascaded upon me like a a downpour of cold, cruel rain, whatever illusions of my popularity that I had been led to believe existed we're destroyed.

The "Human Project Incident" is the event that leads me to my final attribute. I am quiet. Not particularly shy, and most definitely not bashful, just - hesitant. I'm always afraid that I'll say something that will make ponies laugh at me again. Through this, I don't really talk that much, or go out of my way to make friends. If some pony talks to me, I answer. If some pony wants to be friends, we are. But those two things hardly ever happen, so I've slowly been disappearing from everypony's minds.

Now I suppose that i should introduce ponies other than myself. The "best friend" character in this story is named Derpy Hooves. As her name suggests, the pegasus is very clumsy. This is due to her cystitis. Basically, she has a lazy eye. The muscles in one eye don't work in unison withi the other, causing her to have split vision. This creates a lack of depth perception, which, in turn. Makes Her clumsy. Despite this, she is very nice and funny, although most ponies don't try to see that abut her. They just focus on her flaws.

I guess I should introduce my love interest next. Now, I'm going to warn you ahead of time, this may sound a bit weird. I am a bit - different when it comes to loving ponies. I'm not heterosexual, I don't like stallions. I like mares. Specifically, I like Bon Bon. Bon Bon is the most beautiful mare in Ponyville, not to mention her personality. She's kind, outgoing, and hilarious. However, there's two problems. One: The taboo idea of dating somepony of the same sex. Two: Bon Bon is possibly the straightest mare I've ever met. I could never, in my wildest dreams, get her to like me. So, that's a big problem.

I suppose that sums up the introductions. There are a few more ponies. They are:

Cheerilee, the school teacher,
Magnolia Rose, owner of the flower shop,
Rainbow Dash, the leader of the weather patrol,
Pinkie Pie, the energetic party-addict,
Applejack, owner of Sweet Apple Acres,
Rarity, the seamstress,
Fluttershy, caretaker of all of the animals,
And finally, Derpy's coltfriend, Doctor Whooves.

So, I'm now done with the introductions. There may be a few ponies that I've forgotten about, and, if there are, I apologize. But I find it impossible to list everypony in Ponyville. So, on with the story!