• Published 27th Sep 2014
  • 955 Views, 5 Comments

The arrival of the lost Generals White Nightmare and Dark Moon - Kaliann25



An expedition to the Princesses’ old castle accidentally free two powerful pony warriors: White Nightmare and Dark Moon, distinguished Generals and the Princesses’ lost parents.

  • ...
6
 5
 955

A message for Spike

Flames, King of all dragons was looking at the Everfree Forest, the magical barrier he created with Discord, Zikmu and Chrysalis to keep the ponies in their territory, in order to prevent another war. He seemed really nervous and altered; but kept control of himself. Along with Discord, he was the eldest being in the world, and one of the wisest as well.

“You seem to be pretty nervous, old friend” smiled Discord appearing before Flames.

“Any news from Equestria?” asked Flames still looking at the forest.

“According to Zecora, tomorrow they’ll be free to go to their new home with their beloved daughters. And for Celestia and Luna; well, I can tell you they’re really happy to have their parents back and can’t wait to show them the Kingdom. More than excited if you ask me”

Flames frowned.

“There must be a way to warn them. When White Nightmare and Dark Moon realize what they’d done with the Empire, with their legacy of violence and bloodbaths… I just don’t want to imagine their reaction”

“And it’s only a matter of time for a pony to do something really stupid” agreed Discord.

“Again, we have to warn them” grumped Flames.

Discord nodded and offered the Dragons King a purple dragon scale.

“Celestia’s special somepony have a little assistant, her adoptive son. A young dragon who just dominated his greed”

“Adoptive son?” asked Flames confused.

“Yes, her adoptive son; Spike” nodded Discord. “Originally he was one of the eggs that were stolen by the Empire to serve as slaves to the ponies; and somehow it remained closed until he was awoke by Twilight Sparkle’s magic”

Flames sighed remembering the horror, the massacre that affected so many dragons and ponies. All because of the Emperor’s power thirst and his daughter’s madness.

“And I thought those eggs were lost long time ago. So well, what about this young dragon?”

“He dominates his Messenger Breath and fortunately he is shedding scales so this one still have his astral signature. Want to contact him?” Asked Discord offering again the scale.

“Why don’t you contact them by yourself?” Teased Flames. “I believe they managed to “reform” you”

Discord lowered his sight.

“Sorry my friend, I don’t want to die; not even fight White Nightmare or her husband again”

And of course Flames understood perfectly. For so long he trusted the nightmare has finally ended, but now he had to deal again with his decision to not to kill the monsters. Things has change; but he was still afraid.

Discord just looked at the King and vanished to somewhere else. At the end, Flames used his dragon magic to create some kind of manual and sent it with his Messenger Breath.

“I’m depositing all my confidence in you, young Spike”

Celestia opened proudly the doors of her Castle to her new found parents:

“Welcome, welcome to our home, mother and father”

The Generals smiled to their eldest daughter and walked behind her through the several passages and rooms of the enormous place; they were finally home. After an eternity trapped in the Nowhere and six weeks at the hospital; but those ones weren’t that bad. They passed most of the time exercising, studying Equestrian History and receiving constant visits from their daughters, Twilight and Pip. At the beginning the two of them excused saying it was a family business and they didn’t want to interrupt but Dark Moon invited them to share the moment.

“Come on, you’re part of the family, aren’t you? After all you are our daughters’ special someponies. We have an eternity to live as a family so join us. Don’t be afraid”

Celestia and Twilight froze immediately. Luna and Pip told the Generals they had two years and a half of marriage and they were really happy together; but Celestia and Twilight haven’t revealed their special bond yet.

“How do you know?” asked Celestia still shocked.

White Nightmare chuckled shrugging.

“Easy, I can sense how your immortality divided in two long ago; and the one you’re sharing it with is her. I don’t like the idea of two mares being together but you share a very special bond, a divided immortality is something you can share only with your soul mate. It’s a unique kind of magic created just for the Legitimate Governors and their descendants.”

“Technically I’m a mortal” explained Dark Moon. “But since the day White and I confessed to each other her immortality also covers me. Same for Luna and Pipsqueak”

And, from that visit, Twilight became closer to the Lost Generals. She always asked about the life in the Empire, about what kind of magic they used, if dangers such as Discord and the Changellings always existed, and things like that.
And of course they smiled to their young daughter-in-law and passed several hours telling them their stories and enjoyed the moment. But when the purple alicorn tried to ask them about the war, they suddenly muttered.

“I’m telling you this to protect your mental sanity: shut the fuck up and never ask about it again. According to my readings; none of you are ready to know nothing in this Kingdom” said White Nightmare with a cold voice, and the sight of her eyes convinced Twilight she was serious.

But the incident was forgotten long ago. Right now the only thing that matter was the fact they all were a family again, starting a new life side by side with their beloved girls. The only one who felt uncomfortable with the whole thing was Spike, who always felt unnerved about the Generals. He swore he felt something sinister at the way Dark Moon was looking at him.
Because of that, when they arrived to the Main Hall, where Pinkie Pie prepared a huge party for them, he preferred to vanish at the first opportunity he had. Rarity and Pinkie Pie spotted that and quickly ran after him. Twilight also saw it but as Celestia’s soul mate she had to stay; anyway she could ask Spike personally later.

“Spike! Spike!” Called Pinkie Pie. “What are you doing, Spike? Don’t you see you’re missing the honor banquet for the Princess’ parents? Ah, I’m so happy about them! Is so sad when you think about it; raised alone without help! Not a mommy or a daddy; even a granny to take care of them! And now they’re a happy family! A great moment for everypony!

Rarity interrupted her form once.

“What happened Spikey Wikey? Why do you escaped? I thought you liked to spend time with the rest of us. Come on, let’s have fun! What about if I offer you a dance, huh?

Spike shook his head.

“Thanks Rarity, but I think I pass. The truth is… I don’t feel good with those two around me. I just don’t want to be rude so I better stay here and I’ll see you later!”

Rarity raised an eyebrow just as Pinkie.

“What are you talking about Spike? They seemed very decent ponies for me. They look a little odd; but I think is just the shock to see they look alike the Princesses. Anyway, let’s go, there’s a banquet waiting for us!

“With party and dance included!” Jumped Pinkie in excitement.

It was when Spike burped a strange book. The group examined the book closely, like trying to understand. Spike shivered when looked at the tittle:

“Anti-Pony Combat, a basic guide for young dragons”

Rarity levitated the book using her magic.

“Okay, there’s a lot of illustrations about dragons making wrestling holds to ponies”

“Look! There’s a letter with the book” said Pinkie giving the paper to Spike.

Spike shivered again and began to read:

“Dear Spike, I’m writing you this lines without expecting an answer; I don’t even know if my warnings will be in vane but I have to try. My name is Flames, King of all Dragons…”

The three of them exchanged a concern look, but the ponies nodded and Spike continued reading.

“I don’t expect either than anyone behind the Everfree Forest believe me, but again, I have to try. The cruelest warriors of all times, your beloved Princesses’ parents have returned. Trough you I want to send this message to the ponies who once held the Elements of Harmony: meet me on the middle of the Everfree Forest, I need to talk them personally and warn them about the danger those two represent. You have no idea what they’re capable of.

PD: the book is for you, if one day a pony try to take advantage of you, you can easily defeat it. After all, it’s only natural for us to be stronger than them”

Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Spike gulped, what was going on? The only thing they had for sure was that they had to speak to the Princesses as soon as possible, but away from the Lost Generals.

The party continued as nothing, and again, the Lost Generals demonstrated to be very nice ponies with good manners, exactly what you could expect from the Nobility. But something was ruining the perfection of the moment: the tension between Rarity, Pinkie and Spike. They avoided anypony else during the entire reunion; but luckily the honor guests didn’t notice that attitude before they retired to sleep; arguing they weren’t fully recovered yet.
Everypony understood and once the party was over, Twilight confronted her friends.

“Okay, what’s going on? You three seem to be worried about something. What’s happening?”

“Yeah, what’s happening?” Asked Fluttershy as well. “It’s obvious you don’t want to discuss it in front of the Princesses’ parents but they’re gone so you can tell us now”

Spike nodded and passed them the letter.

“Sorry guys, but this just arrived and couldn’t concentrate because of the nerves. Just… just read it and you’ll understand.

Twilight nodded and started to read loud as Spike did some time ago. Celestia frowned when she heard the name of Flames but continued listening. When Twilight finished, she just nodded.

“We can’t blame Spike to feel so unnerved during the party; same for Pinkie Pie and Rarity. The content of that letter is something very disturbing for everypony. Perhaps I don’t believe to that dragon but is obvious we have to act and act now”

“I suggest we do as the letter says” said Twilight. “Let’s listen what the dragon king has to say and that’s it. We can investigate from our own and then act”

“Twilight is right sist” said Luna. “Flames was the one who captured our parents but he had his reasons, perhaps. Let’s take our precautions and listen to him”

“You know you can count on us for whatever you need” assured Rainbow Dash.

“Are you sure?” Asked Celestia. “Girls, this mission is much more than I asked you before. Are you really willing to risk your lives only to confirm what this letter says?”

“Don’t worry Celestia. After we met that dragon, we’ll return to Equestria completely safe”

Celestia hugged her student and lover with concern.

“If that’s what you want to do go ahead, but take care. Your lives are very precious to me; especially yours Twilight. Take care”

Said that, Celestia took paper and quill and began to write:

King Flames, I’m Celestia Princess of the Sun and one of the Rulers of the Kingdom of Equestria. Spike passed us your message and after read it, we agreed the least we can do is reunite with you as you’re asking.

“Send it, Spike”

The dragon obeyed and after two minutes, he burped the answer.

Tomorrow my herald will meet you at the entrance of the Everfree Forest. Thank you for decide to listen.

Flames.