• Published 20th Sep 2014
  • 3,613 Views, 38 Comments

We all have a Destiny - Emo Rainbow



This story is about a guardian. And this guardian was thrown into something she could have never prepared for. Follow Xaya the Awoken as she struggles to find the light that will guide her back to the traveler. So she can guard once more.

  • ...
7
 38
 3,613

Mis-matched

Immediately after returning to orbit Rex couldn't see anything, which was normal at first. However he realized that he couldn't feel or hear anything either.

Then in an instant Rex heard his Ghost yelling at him. "WAKE UP JACKASS!" With a start Rex opened his eyes and saw nothing but clouds beneath him. "Ahhhhh!" He screamed as the wind rushed passed him.

"Rex? Rex can you hear me?" Nala asked over the comms. Rex gave no immediate response and just continued to yell. "Shut up and listen!" She yelled.

Rex turned on the fireteam communications and replied. "Yes I can hear you miss bossy and I am freaking out!" He yelled. He slammed into more clouds and they broke apart as he bashed through layer after layer. For some reason it caused damage to his shield but he merely chalked it up to their high density.

Soon all of the clouds dispersed and left behind a stunning image of a large city filled with tall buildings and lights. The sight stunned him as it was all very appealing to his keen warlock eye.

"Brace yourself!" Nala yelled at him through his speakers. Without a thought Rex clicked open the comms and asked.

"For what!" But by then it was too late. His side was violently assaulted by a fully armored Titan doing a direct nose dive towards one of the buildings. "Are you crazy! We're gonna die!" He yelled.

Nala gave no response and only braced herself for the rough landing. Her death from above technique chewed through the middle of a large skyscraper like it was tissue paper and caused an explosion. Their descent hadn't slowed down though and all she could do was wait.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quick buck was a pony who lived for the sale, or more accurately lived for the profit. You see he was a pony of finer tastes yet he couldn't get those finer things without the bits. So he became a decorated sales pony with a knack for...stretching the truth a bit. Though some incorrectly referred to him as a con-artist.

Sure he quote unquote stole money from ponies who made an "Honest Living" but in Manehatten what were they really going to use it for. There were so many things to buy that it was like a public service removing those tough decisions from their lives.

And of course there were the obligatory scrapes with the law but he always got out with a bribed officer and a whole lotta bits in his pocket. Most recently he had set up a Jewelry store that sold the "Rarest Gems in Equestria", and he intended to take full advantage of the New Years inevitable gullible broad or tool of a husband ready to put their money where their muzzle was.

In the back of his store he stored his horde of money in the wall with an enchantment casted by himself. He was so close to his retirement that he could taste it. Walking behind the counter he took a deep breath then smiled. "Today is gonna be a good day." He would later come to regret that jinxed phrase.

A large explosion rocked the city and sent his wares shaking. He stepped outside of the store to see the commotion, then that's when he saw the nearby building that was under construction with a massive burning hole in the middle. His jaw dropped, but soon did his whole body as a loud whistling noise cut through the air.

Then his store was hit with some sort of bomb as the entire place exploded in a huge blast of lightning. When the only thing he could hear was the calm of flames he looked back to his store where all his money was housed, and saw one small bit rolling towards him before melting. Then a single tear came to his eye as he weeped on the ground for his life's work that was destroyed in an instant.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


"I sure hope we didn't land on anything important." Nala said as she stood up and cracked her back. "Hey how you feeling down there?" She asked Rex. His reply was a pained wheezing as he laid on the ground in shock. "Oh don't be a baby." She proceeded to help him up from the debris and dust him off.

"You are one of the most reckless Titans I have ever had the displeasure of following!" Yelled her ghost. All Nala did was chuckle at the sight of her floating companion.

"Why thank you spirit I always try my best." Nala smiled towards him which only made him angrier. With a growl her Ghost chewed down is frustration and calmed down.

"Guys we have a situation. " Rex's Ghost said with urgency. Before any of them could react however they were caught in a suppression field and suspended in
mid-air. The Ghosts disappeared and Nala tried to punch her way out of the field.

"It's no use, that field is high grade suppression magic. No getting out." A pony dressed in a blue police uniform walked towards the Guardians floating above him. He had a grayish coat and a black and white mane and tail. Though his coat seemed to be thick Nala could still see that he was a bit older than the other officers. It almost seemed as if his wrinkles were drawn on, but it still looked convincing.

With a quick glance around she noticed that a lot of the city was brightly colored in a cartoony way. Furthermore everyone in the city was a pony. Some were walking, some calling for a taxi, they acted exactly as humans would in the city. The pony who had captured them hadn't shut up yet and was still rambling on despite not having her attention.

"What in the hell is this place?" She asked him. All of the ponies watching them just stared in confusion and disbelief. The one directly below them only chuckled at her question.

"Man you are really funny. Hit em!" Nala felt an electrical surge overload her shield and shock her violently. Afterwards she fell unconscious. "Get them to the precinct and make sure you take good care of their things. We can't make a profit on broken equipment." He smiled as he walked away letting his boys finish the work.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Deep in the Everfree forest Princess Celestia searched for the aliens and had been largely unsuccessful. She had spent quite some time looking yet not a single soul could be found. Even the natural wildlife had seemingly vanished. Her horn lit up once again for a reveal life spell, the large light lit up the forest for a split second before succumbing to darkness just as fast.

"Nothing." She whispered to herself. With a deep breath she continued her search. She walked further before finding herself in front of her old castle. 'Perhaps I might find something here.' Flying over the gap she moved on to the castle.

From the outside it looked as rundown as it always had. Once inside though she noticed a significant change from its previous state. The tapestries at the back of the room where gone, as well as the fallen pillars in the middle. The entire throne room was dimly lit up with floating green orbs at the very top of the room.

All of the debris had been cleared, leaving an almost spotless throne room. The only remaining flaws were the broken stone railings on the stairs. Once she ascended them she found more of the green orbs lighting the way. She followed them all the way to the library and when she entered her breath was taken away.

Every single book looked to be back in its original place. All of the shelves somehow retained their shine despite the centuries of neglect. All of the small details stirred up long forgotten memories inside of her. With a wave of nostalgia she found herself lost in a memory of her and Luna.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The moon floated high in the sky, and shone even brighter than the sun in comparison to the darkness. All around were bright stars floating in a timeless fashion with a veil of beauty that felt like it would last for an eternity. The light from the shimmering objects in the sky filtered in through the large window at the end of the library.

The entire library was filled to the brim with elegantly designed books that held a lifetimes worth of knowledge and wisdom from the worlds greatest minds. The torches within the extensive archive dimly lit everything in a soft brilliant light. Alone a dark Alicorn laid down in front of a multitude of books and scrolls. She furiously wrote down profound words with her quill.

She was so engrossed in the study that she had not taken notice of the hoof steps slowly approaching her. She then used her magic to lift hundreds of books and replace the ones in her current pile. Her older sister had finally stopped behind her. She was not wearing her royal regalia, exposing a side of vulnerability that could only be shared between them.

"Luna you must stop. Being up for this long is not healthy, even for you." The princess of the sun looked at her sibling with sad eyes.

"Why Tia? Why should I stop now when another creature of pure evil and..Darkness lies in wait to destroy us all. We were powerless to stop Tirek, even though our subjects hail us for being the most powerful beings in the world." Luna had not once lifted her head from her books and continued to write. However she felt Celestia's gaze behind her and took a deep breath. She stood up and then faced her older sister.

"So many lives...lost. If it weren't for Scorpans spell we would have had our magic stripped from us. And all of Equestria, no the world, would have fallen then. We must ensure that this never happens again, at all costs." Luna looked down and closed her tired eyes. She then looked up showing deep bags underneath them. Celestia only shook her head, before closing the distance and hugging her sister.

"You cannot help them if you are too exhausted to even think properly. Please Luna, trust me, get some rest." Celestia broke the hug and gave Luna a look of reassurance and the warmest smile she could muster.

Luna looked at her older sister and sighed. "Okay sister. Wouldst thou take care of the moon tonight?" Luna asked.

"Of course." Celestia replied. Luna smiled and gave one last hug before departing. Celestia closed all of the books and tomes, then returned them to their respective shelves. Looking up to the moon she simply basked in its light and sighed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Celestia opened her eyes as her memory ended. A soft smile graced her lips leaving her happy. Without realizing Celestia stood in the exact spot as her memory. Celestia turned around but froze up as she saw a small creature standing in the middle of the room. It inspected her gauging her threat level, Celestia returned the gesture. It was a black creature with four eyes and two arms, it had a small tuft of blue hair on his head and a light blue scarf around its neck.

Celestia cleared her throat and attempted to speak with the alien. "Hello there. I am princess Celestia, do you have a name?" She gestured to him and he only stared blankly at her, but then he squinted his eyes into a glare and let out a large screech. Celestia looked all around her and saw creatures just like him crawling down the walls and jumping into a circle surrounding her.

There were nine in total, and all of them held electric knives and small blunt objects all aimed at her. She got into a lowered stance and flowed magic into her horn, ready for a fight. Strange cutting sounds flowed through the air as more creatures appeared out of thin air. They all looked similar except for three of them with four arms, and one that was even bigger than her.

A single alien stepped forward and held his swords firmly within his hands. "I am lord Zaeed. Last of royal blood for house winter. What is your business here?" He pointed one of his swords at her in question. Celestia took notice that his voice gurgled a language that sounded like falling rocks, yet she could understand it perfectly.

She took a close look around at all of them and noticed that Xaya was not there. "I came here to speak with you actually. Where is your tall friend with the cloak?" She asked. Zaeed chuckled and shook his head until it grew into a full blown laugh. The other Fallen joined in the laughter until he abruptly cut it off.

"I may need that Guardians help. But we are far from friends." He yelled at her. He motioned for the large baron Indra to go and get something. "What is your name? What is your business here?"He repeated irritably. Indra had returned and handed him a data pad that he read through.

"My name is princess Celestia." Celestia introduced herself but also took notice that Zaeed seemed to be ignoring her. Zaeed gave no answer and only continued to read his data pad before shutting it off and putting it away. He glared at Celestia and garbled something to Indra who nodded in response.

"Well? What do you want!?" He repeated for the final time with a shout. Celestia's horn cackled to life as she prepared a teleportation spell just in case things turned for the worst. The other fallen looked to each other and shifted in fear at his outburst.

"I've come to speak with you. To ask questions." She shifted her eyes and noticed the dregs had inched closer towards her, waiting for an order. Zaeed looked at her and then back to his fallen. He knew that giving her some answers could lead to a common understanding. He sheathed his swords and walked past them, sitting at a table near the window. He motioned for Celestia to join him and she obliged.

She sat at the opposite end of him but never let the magic fade from her horn. "Well? Ask away." He said. Celestia looked to the armed fallen and cleared her throat while gesturing with her head to the fallen.

Zaeed chuckled, looked at them and cackled at the guards. They all turned and walked out of the room to leave the royals in private discussion. "So." Celestia thought hard about how she should word her question. "What..are you?" She said in the most polite way possible.

"I am a Fallen Vandal. Of the House Winter." He replied swiftly. "What is your quarrel with the Guardian." He asked while leaning forward.

"She has broken several laws as well as cause harm to my subjects, But this..Guardian. What do you want with her?" Zaeed though hard about what to say and what not to say next.

"You see I've been put into a situation, and this situation requires the assistance of the guardian." he stopped and leaned back. "In fact, any type of assistance would be welcomed." He hinted not so subtly.

Celestia raised an eyebrow at him and smiled. She leaned forward and asked. "If I were to help you. Would you be willing to help me?"

Zaeed crossed his four arms and gestured for her to continue.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The sun had barely started to rise past the buildings of the Ishtar colony. The cars below had not stopped moving and clambering to get their drivers to their jobs at the collective. The pent houses at the top of the buildings were the first to receive the brilliant rays of the sun. Inside the house was a bedroom filled with pictures of idols and stars from the times biggest names.

The sun reached the bed at the far side of the room where a small blue girl lay. She wore a small night gown for someone her age and she held a small teddy bear in her hand. The sun shone on her eyes causing her to crack them open. Her orange eyes opened groggily as she rubbed the sleep from them with a yawn. Getting off of her bed she stood up to her full height of four feet, one inch.

She walked sleepily through the hallway of her house, passing photos along the way. There was one of a human woman with red hair and blue eyes wearing snow gear and standing atop a large snowy mountain with a triumphant smile. There was another photo that showed the same woman standing next to a pale blue man with slicked back hair and bright green eyes.

They both looked very happy with large goofy smiles adorning their faces. The final picture on the wall was of a small new born child with pale blue skin, and orange eyes. Underneath the photo was the name "Xaya". The little girl walked into the living room where her father sat, in front of the TV.

The news had been playing, and at the bottom of the screen it read 'The faction wars rage on.' A pretty human girl stood in front of a green flag with a halo and a robotic arm as its symbol. "In the latest news, the Fhirmi Prohibition may seek to expand its territories to the Ishtar sink. How the New Monarchy wishes to counteract these invasive maneuvers remains to be seen." She stated.

The camera changed to an overhead view of the Ishtar collective academy. "As the Fhirmi forces grow closer it is clear that the academy, and the collective, may be their first targets. New Monarchy urges all civilians within their jurisdiction to remain cautious and avoid contact with the mysterious cave systems known as the Cinders." She finished. Xaya continued to watch the news even though she didn't understand what most of it meant.

"In other news, the hunt for the elusive Ahamkara still-." She was cut off as the television went black. The awoken on the couch stood up and walked over to Xaya as he wiped tears from his eyes. His face was that of the Awoken in the photos but he clearly had slight wrinkles, showing his age.

"Hey sweetie. What are you doing up this early?" He said as he picked her up. Xaya yawned and looked at him in his puffed eyes.

"Where's Mommy? And why are you crying?" She asked oh so innocently. He looked away as he walked her over to her bed. Entering her room, he flipped a switch that closed the automated blinders to cut off the rooms lighting. He laid her down on her lavender sheets and put her blanket over her.

He took a deep breath and said. "Mommy will be back..soon. Don't you worry Xaya." He gave a reassuring smile, but Xaya still looked anxious. "What's wrong?" He asked. She looked to him and tears started rolling down her face. She grabbed his neck and hugged him tightly as she sobbed into his collar.

"Promise me you won't ever leave me." She cried into his neck. He hugged her back and started shushing her.

"It's okay sweetie. Shh shhh. It's okay." They broke the embrace and he asked. "Why are you crying like this? You know I would never leave you." He felt like crying right alongside her. Xaya sniffled and caught her breath before wiping her tears away.

"I just miss you so much." She said in a high squeaky voice on the verge of tears. He ran his hand through her blue hair and gave her a sad smile.

"I know you miss me. But you're going to be fine." His eyes seemed to get brighter with every word he spoke. "Because you are the strongest little hunter I have ever had the pleasure of raising." She started crying again as her emotions took over.

"I love you dad." She said. He didn't respond as he only stood up and walked to the door. However before he left he asked her some more questions.

"Do you want the night light on?" Xaya nodded swiftly. He knelt down and turned on a blue night light that lit up the room. "Do you want to listen to Mommies songs while you sleep." Again Xaya nodded and he pressed a button caused slow music to play. "I love you. Good night." He closed the door as the soft melodies of Louie Armstrong lulled her to sleep.

I see trees of green, red roses, too,
I see them bloom, for me and you.
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world.

Xaya thought of a moment where her and her parents laid underneath a tree looking at clouds.

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white,
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night.
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world.

She then saw flashing lights full of red and a dark sky that she hid from under her covers.

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky,
Are also on the faces of people going by.
I see friends shaking hands, sayin', "How do you do?"
They're really sayin', "I love you."

She then thought of her parents comforting her in the dark and helping others in the Ishtar sink.

I hear babies cryin'. I watch them grow.
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know.
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world.

Xaya finally drifted to sleep even though she didn't want to leave her cushy bed, in her beautiful room, and her loving father.

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world.

But despite all she felt, she fell asleep with a smile and a single tear running down her cheek. For the first time in ages, she felt at peace, she felt...happy. With a final close of her eyes the soothing melodies carried her off to sleep. What awaited her however was something she wouldn't want to face in her lifetime. But for now she had a moment of pure bliss.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry I'm sorry non-existent viewers. I know what I said but I just have had the least amount of time ever to write for this. I know what I said but I just want to say I'm sorry.