• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 503 Views, 19 Comments

Common Thoughts - PonyIcarlyCraze



Princess Crystal Heart knows that a princess can’t fall in love with a common pony, so why does she feel so happy around Seed Sprout?

  • ...
42
 19
 503

2. A Visit to Soil-Down Farm

“Princess Crystal Heart, you have a letter from Soil-Down farm in Ponyville.” said Heart Letters, the Crystal Empire royal adviser, to a teen-aged Crystal Heart. Crystal grabbed the letter with her magic and opened the piece of parchment. It read:

Dearest Princess Crystal Heart,

I am sending this letter to inform you that we are running low on seeds, as well as money. We are wondering if you could supply us of just a few bits to buy seeds, so we may eat during the winter. We contact you because of smallest duties.

Thank you for your time,
Seed Sprout

Seed Sprout. Crystal had heard that name before. She just knew she had. “Inform my mother that I am going to Ponyville.” She ordered Heart Letters.



“Hello? Anypony here?” Crystal called. Why had this ‘Seed Sprout’ asked her to come if he would not be there himself?

“Evi, I’m not giving you free…” Said a tired-looking brown earth colt with a dark green mane.

“Who is this ‘Evi’ you speak of?” Crystal said, trying to keep in character.

“Oh, Princess! I am so sorry. I’m Seed Sprout, the one who called you here.” said the bowing colt.

“Please, no ‘princess’. I am Crystal to you.” Crystal Heart replied. She could not keep her act up any longer, for there was something special about this colt. She made two carts appear, one filled with bits and the other with food.

“I… I don’t know what to say. Thank you!” Seed Sprout said in awe. “Please let me prepare you a meal with some of this amazing food.” Crystal giggled.

“As long as you prepare some for yourself as well.”

Crystal and Sprout sat down and started to eat steaming mashed potatoes over chicken stir-fry. “You know, I think I recognize you.” Crystal said. Sprout’s ears perked up at this.

“Follow me.” he said. He led Crystal to what seemed like a wall. Then he pushed a brick on the wall. Inside where books after books after books. "These are timelines for everypony in our family.” he explained. He walked far into the back and pulled out a book entitled ‘Seed Sprout’. He opened it up to a picture of him as a foal with… Crystal?

“I… you… Ponyville… field trip?” Crystal stuttered. Her eyes shaped shifted into blue hearts, sparks flew from her horn. The day flashed in her head.

“Crystal? Equestria to Princess Crystal Heart. “It’s Seed Sprout.” Sprout said to the once again love struck Crystal Heart.

“I… I need to go.” said Crystal. “Wait till I tell Mom!” She exclaimed.