• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,357 Views, 3 Comments

Equestria's Warriors: King Ebon's Return - Wildcard25



Ebon is back and with the Serpentine following his command. Will the combined forces of the Elements of Harmony and warriors of the human world be enough to defeat them this time?

  • ...
13
 3
 1,357

Snake Swarm

As Celestia's sun rose over the land, the light shined in through the windows of Dustin and Alistair's home. As the bright glow washed over their faces, they groaned and woke up, "Morning, Alistair." the spirit warrior yawned.

"Morning, Dustin." the dark warrior yawned as well.

They got out of bed, as Dustin spoke, "I'm starting to remember what it was like living here."

"Yeah. It was great." Alistair admitted, as the two chuckled.

They left their room, and saw Zyphon fixing breakfast downstairs, "Morning, Zyphon."

Zyphon looked over to them, "Ah, good morning you two."

"Are those eggs I smell?" Alistair asked, as he took a whiff.

"Scrambled, the way you boys like them." Zyphon answered.

"All right!" Dustin cheered, as the two went to the table.

Fievel and Domino who had already been downstairs were enjoying their breakfast themselves, "So what do we do today?" Domino asked Dustin.

"Well, we gotta show the guys around the rest of Ponyville, once they get here." Dustin explained.

Suddenly the door opened, and their groups minus the older warriors arrived, "Morning, Dustin. Morning, Alistair." Aria greeted them.

"Hey, there you guys are," Dustin began, "We were wondering when you'd show."

"Well, we each had a fast breakfast and came right over." Dean explained.

"I hate going through my food fast." Ralph grumbled.

"So what's on the plan for today?" Elroy asked, as they all looked at the boys curiously.

"We're gonna show you guys around more of Ponyville, " Alistair answered.

"Yeah. You guys still need to know the way of the land." Dustin added.

"Sounds good to me." Eu admitted.

"Me too." Alice agreed.

"Good, because there's a lot for you guys to see around here." Fievel said as he ate his cheese.

"I can't wait." Topher said eagerly. After the two finished eating, they led their entourage out of their home and began their way to the town.


They walked past the schoolhouse, as Dustin spoke, "This is the Ponyville schoolhouse. Me and Alistair gave a little lesson here about our world to the younger ponies."

"And they were loaded with questions." Alistair added.

They looked and saw the CMC trotting to the school house, "Well, good morning, girls." Dustin greeted the three.

"Good morning, Professor Bowers and Professor Savage." they greeted the two.

"Girls, I'm off duty from that." Dustin chuckled.

"And I'm not a professor." Alistair added, as Aria giggled at the two.

Eu spoke to the girls with a smile, "Alistair told me you three have such respect for him."

"What did this guy do that makes him so special?" Dean asked, while putting an arm around the dark warrior.

"He saved our lives." Applebloom answered.

"Yeah from a bunch of snakes." Sweetie Belle added.

"Since then he's been a fellow Cutie Mark Crusader!" Scootaloo declared, as the three stood together with Alistair.

"Well, how about that?" Elroy asked with a smirk.

"Alistair, you really have a way with fillies." Alicia smirked.

Alistair replied feeling embarrassed, "I was just doing what any of you would've done."

"Good morning, everypony." a voice said, as they saw Muse, and hiding behind her was Nightfall.

"Good morning, Muse." Dustin greeted her.

"Good morning." The rest of them greeted, as Nightfall peeked out.

The humans looked curiously, as Jade spoke up, "Wait a minute don't tell me that's..."

"Yup," Muse answered, "You all remember Nightfall?"

"Hello." the colt greeted them.

"What've you been feeding him?" Dean asked in shock.

"It's not what I fed him. The truth is some excess magic he had left over aged him up a little bit more since we left your world." she explained.

"Well, at least he's not an infant anymore." Jethro answered.

"Mom, why do they all look so familiar?" Nightfall asked his mom.

"Well, sweetie. These are the humans who helped save you." she explained.

'I guess he doesn't remember too much when he was Ebon, or maybe they're suppressed memories now?' Dustin thought, as Nightfall nodded seemingly recalling what little he could remember.

"Well, this is my first day." the colt told Muse.

"Here let me straighten that." Muse said, as she straightened his hair.

"Mom, it's fine." he groaned.

Muse smiled, "You have a good day. I'll be back to pick you up later, and be sure to listen to Ms. Cheerilee."

"Yes mom." he nodded.

Alistair turned to the CMC, "Hey. How about you girls show him the ropes?"

"You can count on us, Alistair." Applebloom nodded.

The three spoke together, "Cutie Mark Crusaders guides, go!"

Muse smiled as she watched the three show Nightfall to the schoolhouse. Dustin spoke to Muse, "Does he know?"

"About..." Muse was confused.

"You know." Dustin gave her the hint.

Realizing what he meant, she sighed, "No, actually."

Alistair spoke, "You can't keep that secret from him. He's eventually going to find out."

"I know, but I don't know how to break it to him." she replied.

"Do it like pulling off a band aid. It's better if quicker." Ralph suggested.

"I'm not sure." Muse replied, feeling unsure.

"Well, it's best he finds out from you before he finds out the hard way." Topher noted.

Muse nodded, as Dustin spoke, "Well, we gotta get going. We got a tour to give our pals."

"I understand. Well, I hope you guys enjoy Ponyville." Muse said, as they went their separate ways.


First the group was walking up to Sweet Apple Acres, as Alistair spoke, "Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres. You can find the best apple products in all of Equestria here."

"Yee-haw!" they heard a familiar cowboy call. They looked over seeing Applejack charge for a tree, before bucking the apples down.

The group watched feeling impressed, as Alice spoke up, "Applejack, that was wonderful!"

Applejack looked and saw her human friends, "Well, a mighty good morning to yall." she greeted them.

"And good morning to you too, A.J." Aria replied.

"So that's what you earth ponies are capable of?" Jethro asked, as he looked at the tree and the bushel of apples.

"Ya darn tootin'." she nodded.

"Well, no wonder you were able to strike so many shadow soldiers so hard in fights." Dean replied feeling impressed.

"I have my moments," she admitted, "So what brings yall over here?"

"Well, Alistair and I are giving the guys a real tour of Ponyville." Dustin explained.

"And we decided to bring them around here." Alistair added.

"Well, I'm glad ya did," Applejack smiled before turning to the group, "Here yall try some of our apples." he tossed each of the group an apple.

They each looked at their apple, as Dustin and Alistair beckoned them to try it. So they each took a bite, and their faces lit up, "Wow! This is juicy." Topher gasped.

"Delicious!" Zimmer agreed.

"So good." Alice put in.

"Dustin and Alistair sure weren't kidding." Ralph noted.

"I'm glad ya like 'em." Applejack smiled.

"Well, thanks for the treat, A.J. But it's time we got a move on. See you later." Dustin said, as they waved bye.

"Bye yall." she waved her hat.


Soon they were walking up to Rarity's shop, "What's this place?" Thatch asked.

"This is Carousel Boutique; Rarity's shop." Dustin explained.

"This is where she made my suit." Alistair added.

"Nice exterior design." Topher admitted.

"Wait till you see the inside." Fievel replied.

Taking the hint, they went inside and saw the interior design, "Whoa! This is certainly posh." Dean stated.

They saw Rarity was preoccupied with designing a dress. Before they could speak up, Dustin and Alistair shushed them, as Domino whispered, "She's in the zone."

So they remained silent, until Rarity finished, "There, I'm done," she turned around to see the group, "Ah, why hello my friends. So nice of you to come by."

"Thanks, Rarity, sorry if we barged in. You did look you were busy." Jade noticed.

"Oh nonsense, Jade. I always have time for visitors. And you were all so quiet as I worked, so there was no harm at all." Rarity explained.

Aria looked at all the designer dresses Rarity had hanging up, "Rarity, these are beautiful."

"Oh, those old things are nothing compared to my more fabulous designs." Rarity retorted, as Topher studied them.

"Still they are masterpieces."

"Why thank you, Topher."

Eu looked at numerous pictures of Rarity and her friends during her fashion show, their outfits at Shining Armor's and Cadence's wedding, their outfits from Twilight's Princess coronation, and of them at Fashion Fiasco, "So many events. Alistair, Dustin, is that really you two?" she asked noticing them in the Fashion Fiasco picture.

"Yup, that's us." Dustin admitted, as he brought the group over to look at the photos.

"Nice suits." Jethro admitted.

"Thanks. Rarity put them together for us when we partook in that fashion show." Alistair explained.

"You boys must've really made an impression." Alicia noted.

"Oh, they were absolutely fabulous!" Rarity beamed, as she stood next to the two boys, "These two were some of my greatest models."

"Aw, Rarity, you're making us blush." Dustin chuckled, and the group laughed.


Meanwhile at the Ponyville schoolhouse, Nightfall was currently having lunch with the CMC, "So Nightfall, how're you enjoying your day so far?" Applebloom asked curiously.

"It's going very well, actually," Nightfall admitted, "Ms. Cherilee is very nice."

"Yeah. She's the best." Sweetie Belle agreed.

"So how's it like having a playwright pony for a parent?" Scootaloo asked, curiously.

"It's great. I get to see how my mom's newest shows are before they're shown publicly." he explained.

"That sounds cool." Sweetie admitted.

"Yeah, and because my mom's so close to Wildcard he's become like a role model to me," he added, "He's already been teaching me multiple tips in card games."

"Well, like us you got a blank flank, maybe you could be a cutie mark crusader just like us." Applebloom offered.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah, we'll find our cutie marks together." Scootaloo added.

"That sounds swell." Nightfall smiled.


Back with the guys, they were already taking a break from their tour at Sugarcube Corner. They were sitting at a table, while enjoying some milkshakes Pinkie whipped up, while the Cakes brought over some candied treats for them to try, "Thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Cake. These look delicious." Dustin said.

"Thank you kindly, Dustin." Mr. Cake thanked him.

They all ate, and Elroy spoke, "Man this is tasty."

"I know, even better than the sweets back home." Alice agreed.

Pinkie bounced over, "I knew you guys would love them."

Suddenly, Zyphon's antennae emerged from his head and he started beeping, "What's the buzz, Zyphon?" Dustin asked.

"Oh, dear. I'm picking up snake traces in Ponyville. Big snakes." he explained in worry.

"Serpentine!" Dustin and Alistair gasped.

"Oh, no!" Pinkie cried in fright.

Domino flew to the window and gasped seeing multiple serpentine storming around, "Zyphon's right."

Alistair turned to the Cakes, "Go to your kids and stay with them. And don't come out until it's safe."

The couple nodded before going to check on their children. The warriors and Pinkie went outside confronting the snakes, "Hey, snakes!" Dustin called, grabbing their attention.

"Ah, the boys!" a Venomari soldier hissed.

"We haven't forgotten what you did to Pythor and our other generals!" Mezmo declared.

"That was years ago on our part." Alistair replied.

"These are the serpentine?" Dean asked.

"Oh yeah." Dustin nodded.

"They're even uglier than you made them out to be." Aria gagged.

"Don't worry guys. If you could handle fighting Ebon's dark ponies, you can handle these guys." Alistair assured them.

"Speaking of which, where is this new boss of yours?" Dustin asked the serpentine, as Chunk answered.

"He's dealing with other business."

"What other business?" Alice asked, as the serpentine all looked mischievous rather than answer.

"If you're not going to talk, we'll make you!" Elroy declared.

"Let's get them, guys!" Dustin called, as they charged into battle.


Meanwhile back at Ponyville schoolhouse, none of them were aware of the serpentine in Ponyville, as some of them began leaving. Nightfall looked around seeing no sign of Muse anywhere, "Where is she?"

"Is everything ok, Nightfall?" Cherilee asked, as she stood at his side.

"Oh, yes, Ms. Cherilee. Just waiting for my mom." he answered.

"Well, I'm sure she'll be here soon." Cherilee comforted him.

"Not soon enough!" a voice called, as two Constrictai jumped out of the ground and restrained Cherilee.

"Ms. Cherilee!" Nightfall cried.

"Run, Nightfall!" Cherilee called.

Nightfall remembering to listen to his teacher, turned to run only to bump right into Ebon/Felix. He looked up and gasped as their eyes met, and his memories as King Ebon started resurfacing, "No! It can't be!" he trembled.

"But it is," Ebon answered, "Hello, former body." Nightfall trembled in fear as he stared at his former self in the eyes of his former employee.