• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 836 Views, 8 Comments

Past Shadows - ChaosDragoon



Twilight and friends encounter a soldier who takes his job to the extreme to protect Ponyville from a changeling attack, but it seems he has a dark past he's keeping secret that continues to plague him in his nightmares

  • ...
7
 8
 836

Chapter Nine

He followed the unicorn in front of him as they ran up the spiral staircase. He looked behind him to hear the buzzing of wings following them to the top. He wanted to stop and hold his ground to keep them at bay while she ran to the top of the tower. When he looked back at her she was glaring at him as she ran.

“Don’t you even dare,” she said before she turned and ran faster up the stairs. He didn’t argue with her and continued to follow her. They reached the top and he quickly turned and slammed the door behind him. The bright blue unicorn used her magic to seal the door shut. The two turned to see the queen standing near a window with a changeling who looked like she was in her teens.

“Find a place to hide Chrysalis, mother will find you shortly,” the queen said. The changeling nodded and quickly darted towards a small hole in the wall.

“Weaponry, you take the left. I’ll take the right,” the unicorn said. Weaponry nodded and slowly started to move towards the right of the queen. The tower suddenly shook; both Weaponry and the bright blue unicorn stumbled to keep from falling. The queen took her chance and flew through the window before the tower started to fall. Both unicorns started to slide towards the broken widow. A black orb flew out of Weaponry’s horn and grew as it wrapped around the bright blue unicorn before he slid out of the window and fell to the ground.

Weaponry slowly opened his eyes as he stood up. He looked around at the desert wasteland before noticed the fallen tower. He started to franticly look for the other unicorn.

“Sacred Arrow, where are you,” he yelled. He continued to call out her name before she yelled, “Weaponry!” he turned to see her standing a few feet away from him. He ran to her before he stopped and his eyes widened. The dark figure in the cloak walked out from behind her, a sadistic crooked smile formed on its face.

Her body was suddenly sucked into her own shadow as she screamed for help.

“No,” Weaponry yelled as he raced towards her. As he drew closer the shadows pulled her in more quickly until she was comply engulfed into her shadow and it suck into the sand.

“No, no, no,” Weaponry said as she started digging into the sand. The figure laughed as he walked past him.

“Oh, your anguish, your pain is so delectable,” the figure laughed. Tears stained the sand as small amounts of blood dripped from Weaponry’s hooves. He mumbled something as he turned to the figure.

“What was that?” the figure said.

“Bastard,” Weaponry mumbled.

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you,” the figure mocked as it laughed.

“You bastard!” Weaponry screamed as he slammed his front hooves to the ground. Thirty black and green orbs appeared around Weaponry before they all took the form of various weapons. His eyes, which were filled with sadness a moment ago where now filled with hatred and anger.

Weaponry suddenly blasted towards the figure, sand exploding into the air. The two orbs that had taken the shape of gauntlets flew onto his hooves as he uppercutted the figure into the air. Weaponry bent his legs and flew into the air as sand jetted into the air after him. The gauntlets disappeared from his hooves and two swords flew next to him as they repeatedly slashed at the figure. Pieces of the figures cloak flew into the air before Weaponry used the figures body to fly higher above it before all the weapons combined into one massive hammer the size of a fill grown dragon. The hammer swung down and slammed into the figure, sending it into the ground with a massive fountain of sand blasting into the air. The hammer scattered into thirty spears and flew towards where the figure had landed and pierced into the figures body. Weaponry landed on the sand breathing heavily as he looked into the large sand cloud.

“Come on! I know your still in there, come out so I can kick your flank back to Tartarus,” Weaponry yelled. He wanted the figure to stumble out so he could continue to beat it down until it begged for mercy. I won’t stop, not even if you cry out to Celestia to make it stop. I’ll kill you, make you pay for everything! Weaponry thought.

“Yes, your anger, your blood lust is so,” the figure said before the sand suddenly spun like a tornado before it suddenly disappeared. The figure standing there with a sadistic crooked smile on its face. The thirty spears still in its back as it added, “Pleasurable.” The spears sunk into its back.

Weaponry suddenly summoned two more swords before they flew towards the figure. The figure held up its hoof and the swords shattered into shards of glass. The glass stopped in midair before they flew back towards Weaponry who quickly created a shield to protect him. They quickly flew up into the air and suddenly went into the sand. Weaponry suddenly felt the sand under him shift before the glass shards flew from the sand sending him flying into the air. The glass cut and tore at his skin. The glass shards looped and twirled in the air above Weaponry before descending down towards him. His body slammed into the sand. The glass shards flew into the air and disintegrated into ash.

“Are you quite finished?” the figure said. Weaponry ran out of the sand cloud, his body had cuts all over it as the blood dripped down with every step he took. The figure sighed before he raised his hoof again. Weaponry was lifted up from the ground.

“I grow tired of this,” the figure said before slamming his hoof to the ground as Weaponry was violently slammed into the sand. Weaponry started to get up. His body was tired and wanted to quit but he wanted to kill it, kill the figure. The figure sighed again before Weaponry’s shadow wrapped around his body to keep him from moving.

“I didn’t come to fight you, I’ve come to deliver a message,” the figure said.

“Haven’t you delivered enough messages the past nine years with these nightmares?” Weaponry spat.

“This is more about the pending war,” the figure said.

“The war?” Weaponry asked.

“Yes, you know: the one between Equestria and the Changelings.” The figure chuckled. Weaponry struggled but the shadows kept him to one spot as the figure added, “The queen has you all in her hooves and you don’t even know it.”

“Tell me, what she’s planning!” Weaponry yelled.

“She’s doing the same thing I would do with all those pawns at her disposal. An illusion of one strategy while using another,” the figure said before it stepped back from Weaponry as the shadow released Weaponry.

“What does that mean?” Weaponry asked before the figure disappeared in a puff of black smoke.

“That’s for you to find out,” the figures voice said. The sound of glass cracking echoed in the desert as Weaponry looked up to see the sky starting to crack. The cracks spread down to the ground before the world around him shattered and he fell into darkness.

---

Weaponry felt the hard wood floor hit the back of his head as he shot his eye open and quickly got up. He looked around at the room and sat down. What did it mean? She’s doing the same thing I would do with all the pawns at her disposal. An illusion of one strategy while using another. Weaponry thought before a knocking on his door broke him out of his trance. He walked over to the door and opened it.