• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 2,905 Views, 28 Comments

Resident Pon-Evil - Operation: Equestrian Downfall - Delta 727



As Equestria falls into a zombified virus ruin, a group of soldiers emerge to stop the outbreak.

  • ...
4
 28
 2,905

Level 4.5: Corporation Casaulties

After Delta Team betrayed Harrow's End, the Corporation is left to work using 'other resources'. With their Security Service gone, Harrow's End works on their way to compromise and repair the damages done. After their exposure to their Security, the Corporation decides to let Delta Team die off and rot in the rubble over the wasteland that was once Equestria.

*Begin Transmission*

*Harrow's End Corporation Network: Scanning... Access Granted. Main Communications Feed... Active. Identity Confirmed: Doctor Simon Seawell. Welcome to Harrow's End Research Lab.*

Dr. Seawell entered into the research lab, carrying four small casefiles in his hooves. He was a short, light blue stallion with a mint green mane, wearing a lab coat and a pair of bifocals. He trotted over to a small table in the middle of the room surrounded by another scientist on the left, a SpecOps captain on right, and the Harrow's End commander who operated the entire corporation and controlled it in the center.

Seawell set the files on the table, all lined in a row facing the Commander. "Are these their files?" The Commander asked. Seawall simply nodded.

"All four of them. Codenames Acid, X-Ray, Blade, and Chainlink. Former Delta Team." He opened the first file. "Acid was one of our most gifted virologists, and she was of great use to us in our studies on the virus." He then opened the second file. "X-Ray was a surveillance expert and hightly advanced technology expert. It was rumored even that he once hacked into the Royal Palace's Security Firewall just to delete his name off of a few records that he owed money to the local bar." Seawell open the third file. "Blade was a scout recon specialist and very well trained in hoof-to-hoof combat. We had equipped him with our hex-pattern cloaking suit that greatly enhanced his abilities, and his usefulness." The Dr. opened the final file. "Our final member, Chainlink, had a very odd enjoyment in demolition. In his thick armour loaded down with explosives, he could blow his way through anything, or anypony, that got in his way. He even had a motto for himself: 'Destroy it first, ask questions later if they're still alive under the rubble'. He was always an interesting stallion." Seawell closed the files and stacked them.

"So this is the team that has betrayed us." The Commander finally spoke. "They look quite capable. It's a shame that we have to lose them."

"Yes..." The doctor at the left of the table said. "Acid was famous across our labs and always knew everything from curing a pony's cutie pox to altering a single gene and saving a life from cancer."

Seawell went on. "The Team was last seen at the abandoned hospital and may be trying to team with the contact we sent them to kill. It is possible that codename Marigold might not trust them. This has a possibility to give us an advantage. They will take up shelter and plan their operations, but they are clumsy and inexperienced."

"The H.S.S. are inexperienced," The Commander spoke again. "But they are very advanced. We can't afford to underestimate anything. If so much as a whisper against us leaves this wasteland and reaches Canterlot, then Celestia may as well crush us where our hooves now stand."

The SpecOps commander spoke. "They have made it this far. Even some of my toughest and highly-trained teams were unable to stop them. It almost seems like they have the power of Luna herself in their hooves..."

"As we all know," Seawall said, "They plan to expose us somehow and put our Corporation in ruin. Being a member of the Research labs, I cannot afford to let that happen, for our sector will be taking the majority of the blame-" Seawall stopped midsentence as a loud bang sounded. His face went blank, and he looked down. A large bullethole had formed in his chest. He let out a breath of fear, and fell sideways to the ground on his flank, revealing his cutie mark: A diagram of a DNA strand.

"Now what was that for, Captain?" The Commander looked to the SpecOps leader who had drawn a pistol in his hoof. He slid it back into its holster around his waist.

"He was speaking of his precious Research wing taking the blame. We can't afford to let someone like him stay on his hooves in our Corporation. He would have probably directed the blame to us to cover his hoofsteps. We can't let that happen, now can we?"

The Commander simply grunted, and he spoke toward the door. "Clean this up and burn the body. We can't afford an infection." Two SpecOps guards entered the room, and grabbed the body of Dr. Seawall in their hooves, dragging him along in a trail of blood.

The scientist at the left of the table simply looked disgusted, but he spoke like nothing happened. "We've found that Equestria has been monitored by the police department, and it will hold much evidence. We will have to find a way to remove the evidence without it being spread. I suggest we simply bomb the power station and shut down the hard drives that contain the information?"

"That would be excellent." The Commander said. "But where exactly... ARE these records?" The scientist just stood silently. "That's a bit of a compromise to the operation. Where would you assume these records are, then?"

The scientist snapped back to awareness and said, "We believe after the records were destroyed in Town Hall, it could have been the last. But I am afraid that I am aware of where the records are." He paused. "They... Had been malfunctioned when the Town Hall hard drives were compromised. They have been transferred directly... Into our hard drives, and to get rid of them, we can either destroy the power station and risk losing power in the Corporation itself, or destroy the hard drives and all of our research."

The room fell silent. The Commander had a troubled look on his face, a frown frozen across his muzzle. It was clearly a tough choice. But it was either the Research wing losing its life's work, or everypony in the Corporation living off of no power. It was settled from the start. "We will destroy the Corporation storage drives and get rid of all the evidence." The scientist looked ready to argue, but the SpecOps Captain moved his hoof for his pistol, and the arguement was dropped.

"So it is agreed...?" The SpecOps commander said. "We burn the records and all the links to the corporation." He looked to the scientist. "Deliver the order with the code Colt Alpha 245639." The scientist bowed his head, and exited the room.

---

In the Hard Drive Storage Room, SpecOps soldiers and scientists cleared the storage drives off their holding shelves, their hooves clopping over the plexi-glass tile floor, fury and disappointment on the faces of the scientists. Yet, none of them uttered a word. Keeping information was not worth losing their lives.

The Hard Drives were brought out the South entrance, and were thrown into a large, metal box dug into the ground. When it was filled with every last file, a large metal platform was brought down into the pit, crushing the drives and the information they contained. The platform lifted, and all that was left was the debris and smashed casings of what used to be very valuable, and dangerous, information. Two mares and three stallions trotted to the edge of the pit, and armed two incendiary grenades each. As the canisters were thrown in, the pit was set fire, and the records were burned into the debris melting down into a bubbling mass. The ties to the Harrow's End Equestrian Corporation had been destroyed and were now... Obsolete. It was time to kill the former H.S.S. and clear the name of the Corporation once and for all.

*Transmission Ended*