• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 2,905 Views, 28 Comments

Resident Pon-Evil - Operation: Equestrian Downfall - Delta 727



As Equestria falls into a zombified virus ruin, a group of soldiers emerge to stop the outbreak.

  • ...
4
 28
 2,905

Level 3: Loose Ends

After destroying evidence at Town Hall, Harmony's Elements are left to search the local Equestria Police station in search of supplies and weaponry. In their search, they watch their hoofsteps to keep from crossing fire with Dmitri once more. Even so, Delta Team are given new orders to search out one last leak in the Corporation, and they will be home free.

*Begin Transmission*

*Terminal Activating... Connected. Command Channel Operational*

"Delta Team, you did good work back in Town Hall. Saved the manes of many good ponies. All you need to do now is take out a final witness to the operation, and to hide and take refuge until we can get a pegasi squad out there to evacuate you back to Headquarters. Good luck, Delta."

"Copy, Command. Out." Blade deactivated his radio. The team now stood on the landing pad of the Equestrian hospital. Blade recited the orders to the team.

"So... All we have to do is find... One more target and... Find shelter until they can... Evacuate us...?" X-Ray said. "I don't like the sound of that..."

"Command said they'll get a pegasi team here to fly us out of here in secure transport. They're pretty satisfied with us cleaning the blood from their hooves. Now we only need somewhere to take up shelter."

"The police station." Chainlink said. "Plenty of emergency supplies, and whole armouries of guns to have a little fun with."

"Plus, there's a secure bunker underneath it that can withstand just about anything that you would ever see this side of Ponyville." Acid agreed. "We can stay there until Command arrives with evacuation."

"Then we are... Agreed...?" X-Ray finished. "Shall we... Move on...?" Blade nodded, clopped his hooves together, and the team re-entered the hospital through the roof access. They trotted down a metal staircase, and managed to slip quietly into the elevator. Chainlink pressed, 'Lower Level', and the elevator descended through the building. On about floor two, the elevator stopped. A voice came on the loudspeaker. "Emergency stop activated. Shaft block in, 'Lower Level'. " Acid read the floor name displayed above the button pannel.

"Morgue... I assume that's bad." The elevator doors slid open, and the team readied their weapons. Surprisingly, the morgue was full of noninfected pony corpses still in body bags and metal cabinets. A few stallion doctors in blue trench coats and goggles, as well as a nurse in a white lab coat, were lying dead on the floor, a couple with loaded pistols covered in blood next to them. But what caught their attention was a filly in the corner of the room. It had been horribly mutilated, missing one eye and covered in bite marks in shapes that looked like the clumsy bites of infected ponies. Its hoof was pressed against a blood trail on the wall, and it lead to a pattern of more blood that said, 'Celestia Save Us'. A cry for help upon the goddess that never came. It had a grey colored hair coat and a short, black mane, which surprisingly resembled...

"No!" Acid screamed. She dropped her pistol and ran to the mutilated filly, cradling it in her hooves. "No..." Tears welled in her eyes... "I told her to run... To hide... She cried to stay with me, screamed not to leave her, but I had to... Harrow said they would take care of her, and they left her to the infected to chew away her Celestia forsaken life..!" Acid looked down at the filly's bare flank. "She didn't even have her cutie mark yet..." She buried her gas-masked muzzle in the remains of the filly's mane, sobbing like she was only a filly herself.

"She was... Your daughter...?" X-Ray asked. Acid only nodded, her tear-stricken eyes sealed shut. "Acid... I'm sorry..."

"Command said they would take care of her. But they told us to eliminate loose ends. And that must mean..." Chainlink started.

"Harrow left her here to be killed and to seal the leak against them. She was the daughter of someone who knew about the operation. They had no bucking idea what she knew." Blade finished. "They weren't having us eliminate threats against our reputation, they were going to have us plug their leaks and then leave us for dead!"

"Then now... We will just have to wait for their... Evacuation... But we will have to find that loose end..." X-Ray commented. "So... We find him, or her... And help them to expose Harrow for what they really are..."

Acid looked up from her deceased daughter, anger flaring in her eyes. "... I'm in. I won't let them get away with the blood of all those innocent ponies... Or the blood of my daughter. And the rest of you?"

"... I'm in." Chainlink finally said.

"I could use some blade practice on a living pony for once..." Blade suggested.

"It's about time we... Stop covering for their crimes... I stand with you as well..." X-Ray agreed.

"Then it's settled..." Acid laid her half-eaten daughter on the floor in the corner. "I owe it to my daughter..." She curled up the filly into a position that suggested it was sleeping, its tail tucked across its body and muzzle in its forelegs. "Goodnight, Shade..." She whispered. "I'm sorry..."

Before leaving, she stopped, turned to her sleeping daughter, and shut the filly's eyes with her muzzle, kissing her on her bloodstained cheek. She stood to her hind legs, picked up her pistol, and headed for the fire exit. "It's about time we spill the blood of the ponies who started this bucking outbreak."

---

Delta Team jumped down the fire exit ladder onto the abandoned streets of Equestria. No infected were about, and the street was lined with abandoned structures that used to house the businesses of a once bustling city. At the end of their current street stood a blue building with a large badge sticker in the window. The police station.

"There it is." Chainlink said. "We're gonna make it, everypony!" The team cautiously advanced up the street, and approached the station. As expected, a figure emerged from the side alley, wielding a small machine gun.

"Who are you? Verify yourselves before I buck you all to Celestia!" The figure raised its gun.

"Harrow Security Service. Delta Team - Harmony's Elements. Are you the contact Harrow is looking for?" Acid spoke, her voice stone cold and stern.

The figure lowered its weapon and stepped from the shadows. It was a cream-colored mare with a long golden-yellow mane. She was wearing an armored police riot uniform, similar to Chainlink's but lighter, but lacking a helmet.

"I know you were looking for me. I hacked your comms. You hate Harrow as much as I do. And yes, I'll help you to expose them for the blood they have spilled," She looked to Acid. "Like that of your daughter's." Acid just looked away. "Get inside. This place will be crawling with infected soon." She stepped into the police station. The Elements followed her, Acid still with her head hanging low and staring down at her hooves.

When they entered the police station and sealed the door, the mare in the police uniform blocked it with a large wooden plank. "It's not too sturdy, but it'll hold. Name's Marigold. Equestria Police."

"I believe... You already know the plan...?" X-Ray spoke.

"Yep. You kill me, camp out here, Harrow comes and evacuates you all, and you all live in heroism and fame, right?"

"That sounds about right." Chainlink agreed.

"But that's not the new plan." Blade began. "We need you to help us get the blood on Harrow's hooves exposed to everypony between here and Canterlot. Can you help us?"

"Well, I can help you... For a price." Marigold smiled.

"We don't have any bits." Acid snapped. "And we could always just kill you for our freedom..."

"I don't want your bits." Marigold responded calmly. "I want your services. And you and I both know you wouldn't let Harrow get away with killing your daughter." Acid froze, then looked away again, anger reflecting in her green eyes. "An old 'pet' of mine seems to have run away from home. I need you to find it and bring it home to its mommy."

"So you... Want us to retrieve a... Pet...?" X-Ray implied.

"Well, not quite a pet." Marigold smiled again. "More like a creation of sheer destruction that will keep me safe while you are 'evacuated'. "

"Of course..." Chainlink breathed. "A Tyrant."

"You are quite the genius, Mr. Tank. Mind if I call you that? It went haywire and I need you to retrieve him."

"Done." Acid said quickly. The Team, and Marigold, turned and stared at her. "We'll get back your little pet. Anything to avenge my daughter. Any objections?" Silence, then she went on. "Good."

"Excellent!" Marigold clopped her hooves together. The stallions of Delta supressed a surprised flinch, and turned back to the golden mare. "Now here's the plan..."

*Transmission Ended*