• Published 10th Sep 2014
  • 626 Views, 16 Comments

The Revival of Symphony - Sky Blue CMC



A sequel to "The Fragments of Symphony" that takes place in the Everfree Forest.

  • ...
1
 16
 626

Chapter II: The Mare Who Waited

"We need to find the Bearers of Symphony if we are to have any luck finding that Dendron!" Docteur Onze exclaimed. "Who among them lives the closest to here?"

"Me, I think." replied Derpy.

"I meant besides you!" le Docteur replied. "Whose house is closest to yours?"

"I think it's Bon Bon's shop, the Sweet Drops Emporium." Derpy replied. "I always use something sweet for my muffins, and I don't have to fly to get there."

"Then we're going to need some candies!" le Docteur replied. "Extra sweet!"

"I wouldn't say that, Doctor." Derpy replied. "I already got enough for a season's supply of muffins!"

Docteur Onze did a facehoof. "It's not about the muffins, Derpy!" he exclaimed. "It's just a hint to the audience that we need to go see Bon Bon!"

"What audience, Doctor?" Derpy asked. "You mean the humans reading this story? Only Pinkie Pie is allowed to break the fourth wall without being questioned!"

"Isn't that what you just did? Why weren't you..." le Docteur started to ask, then he realised that he was questioning her. "Forget I said anything, Derpy!"

Derpy did forget, and it didn't even matter anyway. The pair had already arrived at Bon Bon's candy shop. But when they arrived there, she wasn't there to greet them. Instead, it was just Lyra, whom they asked if Bon Bon was home.

Lyra said something she heard a human say on her telly, but changed the name. "No. Bon Bon no home."

How did Lyra even find a telly? le Docteur asked one of his brains. Ponies never invented it, nor did they steal it from humans. Or at lest as far as I know they didn't, and I know very far! Still, le Docteur was curious as to where Bon Bon really was, so he asked Lyra. "Where is Bon Bon?"

"She's working her afternoon job at the flower shop." Lyra responded, as if she didn't care, or even know, that the pony she was talking to was a character from one of her favourite telly shows. She knew that whoever it was, he would need directions, as his voice didn't sound familiar to her at all, meaning he was a new pony in town. She added "Third building on your left." to her original sentence.

"Afternoon job?" le Docteur asked. "Why would Bon Bon need two jobs? She makes the tastiest sweets in all of Equestria! And I should know, Derpy makes her delicious muffins with Bon Bon's candies."

"She's been doing this 'secret' project to grow a Unicorn horn with the chemicals in her candies," Lyra explained, "and her constant failures of it haven't exactly been a financial boon for her."

"Yes, yes, the project!" le Docteur exclaimed. "I already know about the project! She figures out the correct formula for candies in about a month or two! I'm a Time Pony from..." he laughed in his head over the next word. "Gallopfrey!" he exclaimed, laughing his hearts out.

"Oh!" Lyra exclaimed. "You must be a pony version of the Doctor from Doctor Who! We had one before, but he died in the TARDIS. He must have regenerated into you! It's a sssssshame that you're still not ginger."

Great. le Docteur thought to himself. Of all the ponies I could have helping me, it had to be the one who knows about humans and the one with impaired vision. Still. I do need all the Bearers of Symphony. I'll just ask her to come along. She'd love that. Me, using a catchphrase that the human version of this incarnation uses to bring his companions.

"Come along, Heartstrings!" le Docteur exclaimed, with a light of triumph in his golden eyes. "We need to find the rest of the Bearers of Symphony! Since you're one of them, I mean, us, you should probably just come now!"

"Allons-y!" Lyra exclaimed, also with golden eyes' triumph.

"Actually," le Docteur explained, "I'm now part French in this body, so I don't say that anymore. Instead, I say 'Avante!' like the Portuguese word for forward. Anyway... Avante!" To find Bon Bon, we'd best work together. Same goes for the rest of the Bearers. We should also work together to save that Dendron.

Author's Note:

"No. Bon Bon no home." is a reference to Familiy Guy. (Crossover idea! Fimily Guy? With a Gryphon as Peter Griffin?) The original quote was "No. Peter Griffin no home." Bon Bon's "secret" project comes from the newest (or what was the newest when I wrote that part) update to the Heartstrings comic on Tumblr. Credit to Mojang, Seth MacFarlane, and a wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey credit to the BBC for all the references I used. (Can you spot them?) As a special tribute to a certain Whoovian whose stories I just recently read, I've placed his name in this chapter. Can you find it? Do you even know what his name is? I've recently found out that "Avante" isn't Italian. The Italian word is "Avanti" and the one I used was Portuguese. Just thought I'd correct myself there.