• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,291 Views, 19 Comments

She'll be Apples - MoltenXKid



Technology has progressed far; I'll give it that, but the day they create living, breathing creatures...maybe they've gone too far. Well, I may of thought that, but... That's until I saw her.

  • ...
5
 19
 1,291

Cardio

Author's Note:

Chapter two is ready mates. Imma start spacing out the time. I just needed these two chapters to set the foundation. Oh and through out the story, I may be tipping my hat to the original creator's stories.

Chapter 2




It had been two months since my encounter with the Vogon representative. Two months of anxiety…and hunger. With my rash decision, food around my home was less than usual. Growls of my stomach were becoming natural. It was all worth it though. Vogon kept me up to date with progress and told me Applejack would be delivered today at 12 Noon. Fortunately, my boss gave me half the day off so I wouldn’t miss it. Unfortunately, today we received a shipment of new Macbooks; our store was flooded.

“That’ll be Nine-hundred and seventy-seven credits, ma’am.” I stated.

“This much for a computer! This is an outrage!” yelled my angered customer. Her voice climbing higher and higher.

“Well, ma’am, we have more generic versions for much less, but I must tell you that they aren’t nearly as powerful as this one.
You’ll end up regretting your decision. Trust me.”

“Hmm and it comes with support?”

“For one year, but if it breaks after that, I’ll personally come to your house and fix it.” I promised, giving her a salute.

She seemed to calm down with my words and paid for the machine. As I handed her the receipt, I took a quick glance towards my watch-10:30 A.m. In the corner, 16- bit me was hurrying me to leave, yet when I turned to leave, the next customer was at the register. I sighed as I went to finalize his order. I scanned the box, took off the case, and added his genetic code to the computer. It helped to prevent theft. I took his money, gave his change, and accepted the next customer.

It went on like this for the next hour. People coming in, buying new computers, and leaving. It became tedious and repetitive. What surprised me was how many people came in. Most of these people bought a new computer only a couple months ago and already they were back. Well, it was none of my business. I just sold them. Finally, I caught a break. Everyone was still looking the new model, so I took the opportunity to exit.

“Yo, Ted, I’m leaving!” I yelled as I headed for the front door.

“No you’re not. We got too many customers for that.” Ted stepped from out his office. He was a big guy. Bigger than me. Sort of pale with multiple chins all covered in hair. Though, that’s the life of a computer connoisseur.

“You promised half a day!”

“That’s before this happened. I need you on that register all day.”

“Comeon, dude…” I turned to look at my boss, yet as I did a blue truck caught my view. I turned back and caught a glimpse of the words on the side- Vogon Biotech. They had arrived and were on their way to my house, “Sorry, dude, but I gotta go!”

“Charles…”

“Deduct it from my pay!” I yelled as I ran from the door. I saw the truck turning the corner to my house. I didn’t have a vehicle since the town was so small...and I couldnt afford one. Still, it took me about half an hour to walk home. The truck would be there way before I did. So…I started running.

I haven’t run in years. I was never a good runner. I couldn’t run. I hadn’t done anything strenuous for years. All the sudden I have to run. I don’t know how I did it. I put one foot in front of the other, took longer strides, and slowly picked up speed. My breaths became heavier, my muscles began to burn, yet I kept going. I would arrive before Applejack. I would meet her there. I would be the first person she sees. I just had to.

I saw the truck turn corners, so I didn’t lose it. It wasn’t hard to see a blue truck in the daytime. The only problem was that all the traffic lights seemed to be green, so the truck went straight through. I, on the other hand, was losing steam. I became slower…my muscles wanted me to stop. I should have eased into running but no…I went full speed. I stopped to rest and solemnly watched the truck disappear from view.

“Damn…” I managed to breathe out. My breathing deepened ,and the sweat rained down. What kind of impression would it make if I wasn’t there to let Applejack into my home? I couldn’t do it. I had to be there. I took another deep breath, pushed off with my back leg, and ran into an opening door.


I awoke a couple of minutes later with a splitting headache. Above me was some blonde chick from my high school. If I'm thinking correctly, her name is Rachael. After school, she went on to open her own successful flower shop within our town. I personally never stopped by, but rumors say her flowers are to beautiful to be real. Funny thing is, she grows them naturally. Not with all the chemicals and methods used today. Just good old dirt, water, sun, and fertilizer. (Though, none of that stuff cured my headache.)

"Oh my, oh my, oh my...I'm so sorry!" She apologized while helping me up, "I didn't see you running, so I opened my door, and it hit you! Please forgive me!"

"It's no problem really," I responded. I looked towards her window to see my right eye blackened and swollen almost shut, "That doesn't look good. Hey, can you tell me how long I was knocked out?"

"Oh...about forty minutes. Your watch thing kept going off. Did you miss something?"

I looked towards my watch , and my worst fear had came true. 16-bit was telling me that Applejack had been delivered and was waiting there alone for almost an half hour. I slowly rose began walking to my house. My head ached to much to run. At my speed, I could make it home in about fifteen minutes. The Rachael girl then ran to the front of me, and started pushing me back. I don't know why, but I conceded.

"Why are you pushing me?" I asked."

"I hurt you, and you need medical help!" She breathed out while pushing me. (I don't think she was very strong.)

"What I need is to get home." I said I as I shifted myself, causing her to fly forward. "But there is something you can do."

"What?"

"Give me some flowers...Free of charge."


The walk to my home was long and hurtful. The sun baked my already brown skin, but at least I could my apartment in sight. Also, on the steps, I could see a orange dot. For some reason, I was filled with some energy, and I started running again. My apartment building grew bigger, The dot began to take the shape of a pony I saw nearly two months ago on the internet. The dot took notice of my running and soon began running towards me. Except, The dot was alot faster than. The details of the dot were forming alot faster than I could comprehend.

Before I could process what was happening, I was surrounded by two arms that lifted me off the earth. She was stronger than I thought.

"Howdy, sugarcube! Ah' was wondering when you would get here! Ah've been waiting ages out here for ya. Ya know, It's ain't kind to keep a lady waitin'"

While trying not to swooning from her accent or lack of oxygen to my lungs, I manged to hug her back and speak, "Yeah, I know. I just ran into a little mishap while rushing over here."

She looked me in the eyes before a shocked expression covered her face. Maybe a little defensive too. "Who gave ya that shiner? Ah'll teach 'em not to mess with you."

"Unless you feel like giving the business to a door edge, I suggest we go inside." I replied, "It's pretty hot."

"This aint nothing. Back on the farm, our heat was twice this." She finally sat me back down and wiped the sweat form her brow, "Though, I wouldn't mind a cold glass of water."

"Well, after you mm'lady. "I grabbed her suitcase and a small box that were sitting by the stairs. The suitcase was light, while the box was unnaturally heavy. "Did you bring rocks here with you?"

She smirked before taking the box from my struggling arm. "Well yes and no. This box is filled with rock candy from Pinkie. She gave it to me for the trip."

"But..." I looked at the the box to see the city it came from. " Oklahoma City...huh? What's Pinkie Pie doing in a city like that?"