• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 1,264 Views, 14 Comments

What is love? - nutcase4real



Pinkie Pie has a question stuck in her mind, and she wants an answer.

  • ...
4
 14
 1,264

For All to See

Author's Note:

I decided to break the original up a little bit. As always please tell me of any grammatical errors you happen upon and let me know whether you liked the story or not. Thanks for reading

Later that day in the Cloudsdale City Auditorium

'Oh dear Celestia! This pony's speech is even more boring than Twilight's!' Rainbow Dash thought to herself.

She slumped down in the chair she was sitting in and mentally debated the pros and cons of beating her head against the table multiple times.

"...and so in conclusion, be careful when operating with thunderstorms."

A large beaming smile appeared on Dash's face and she prepared to rocket off out of the room.

"Thank you Mr. Streak for that riveting four part speech on how to stay safe with lighting. Next on today's agenda we will have a three part safety breif on the dangers of handling snow clouds, given by Ms. Snow Flurry."

A modicum of applause came from the half awake crowd of weather ponies from all over Equestria. Rainbow Dash collapsed back into her chair and finally decided to slam her head off the table in front of her.

Dash quickly decided which option was most appropriate. Her head slammed into the desk and the sound she heard was deafening. She raised her head and rubbed it, 'I didn't think it would hurt so much, or make that much noise.' she thought to herself.

When she opened her eyes she saw the true source of the incredible sound. Something had smashed through the roof and had landed in the middle of the stage. A blue pegasus stared at the machine and was slowly backing away off the stage. A door opened on the machine, and a familiar pink pony poked her head out and was scanning the crowd.

"Pinkie Pie?" Dash asked over the fightened mummering of the other pegasi in the room.

"There you are Dashie! I've been looking all over for you!" Pinkie Pie said excitedly.

"Um... okay, but um... why?" Rain asked as she approached and eyed the thing Pinkie was in.

It was simular to the machine she was in the day Gilda visited Ponyville, but this one was larger and as far as she could tell, wasn't operated by pedals.

"I have something to tell you Dashie!" Pinkie said excitedly.

"It couldn't have waited?" Rainbow questioned.

"It could have waited, but I couldn't so here it goes!" Pinkie Pie cleared her throat, "I like you Dashie! I like you more than I like cupcakes and cakes and candy and all other sweets. I want to be with you. I want us to be more than friends. I want us to be special someponies. What I'm trying to say is I love you Dashie!" Pinkie Pie said in a single breath.

The pegasi in the crowd had gotten over the intial shock and had heard Pinkie's little speach. The entire crowd "aww'ed" at once and then shifted their focus to Rainbow Dash and awaited her responce.

"Do you love me?" Pinkie asked.

Dash froze. She hadn't expected this. She didn't know what to say or what to do, so she just stood there with her eyes wide, while Pinkie Pie just stared at her expectedly.

"Pinkie Pie, I don't know what to say." Dash said after a moment of thought.

Ponies from the crowd started voicing their opinions,

"She came all this way! The least you could do is give her an answer!"

"Yeah, give her an answer!"

"How is that thing sitting on the cloud?"

"I think I left my oven on..."

Dash continued to stare at Pinkie Pie for a few seconds. Sweat began streaming down her face as she tried to think of the words to say, but nothing was coming to mind. She looked up and saw the hole in the ceiling and did the only thing she could think of.

She flew through it as fast as she could, and bolted straight for home.

Pinkie Pie stared at the spot where Rainbow had been standing blankly. A smile was still on her face, but it soon turned wavey and after a few seconds morphed into something horrible, something tragic, something almost unheard of when it came to Pinkie Pie.

It became a frown.

Suddenly, there was a sound such as that as a balloon deflating resounding throughout the now silent auditorium. Pinkie's mane laid flat on her head and she buried her face in her hooves. Sounds of sniffling and sorrow filled the room and Pinkie's head reentered her contraption. The blades began to spin causing an influxe of wind inside the room, blowing the unaware pegasi against the walls, as Pinkie's machine rose up and exited through the same hole it had created.

A few moments after Pinkie had left; the pegasi began helping each other get up from the floor, and check each other for injuries.

"Seriously," came a voice, "how was that thing sitting in here?"