• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 597 Views, 32 Comments

A Faceless Nightmare - Phantomslayer230



Darkness and evil is spreading all over equestira. And the creture responsible is on a quest for vengence. Only one pony can stop him but no one knows where they are or who they are.

  • ...
3
 32
 597

Chapter 8

Twilight and the rest of equestria's royalty continued their discussion about what happened to Phantom Seeker, and they were going to do about it. However, their discussion was going nowhere since none of them have been able to find anything regarding Twilight's findings. After a few minutes of silence Twilight spoke up.

"So, we know something is going on. But we don't know what, and we don't know how to stop it. So what do we do know?"

Celestia was the next to speak. "I believe we should continue searching for answers. However we can't risk ponies getting suspicious of our activity. It could cause citizens to panic if they discovered what is going on. I say we go our deprecate ways for now. Twilight, you and Cadence can search the Crystal Empire library for any information regarding you findings. Luna, Discord and I will continue to search the archives here in Canterlot."

"But what if something happens before we figure out who's behind all this."

"We will keep and eye on things. I have already spoken with the captain of the guard here in Canterlot, as well as Flash Sentry. I have informed them on the situation and have instructed them to keep a close eye on things. I have also called the Wonderbolt captains here to inform them of the situation as well. They should be here soon. With the guard keeping an eye on the cities, and the five of us looking for the culprit, we should be able to find a way to stop this before anything else happens. Or at least I hope that's the case."

Twilight was silent for a few seconds. Pondering on what her former mentor had informed her of. It was a good plan. And it should work fine. But Twilight just had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. However, Celestia had never led her the wrong the way before. Sure she had been cryptic or she withheld information from Twilight. But is was all to help her grow in the end. "Alright then. I guess we should head our then."

Celestia nodded and turned her gaze to Flash Sentry and another royal guard who were posted near the large double doors of the council room. As the five royals made their way to the doors so did the guards. However they suddenly stopped and gazed at the doors with confused expressions.

"Your highness wait!" Flash instructed the royals as her took a few steps back toward the princesses and Discord. He was standing with his head and chest low to the ground, ready for a
Fight. As he took his place near the five royals, the other guard walked closer to the door. Among the silence Twilight could here something coming from the other side of the doors. It sounded like a struggle. Ponies were grunting and it sounded like they were being thrown against the walls as well.

Suddenly the commotion ceased, and silence again gripped the large council room. With this new silence, the unicorn guard slowly worked his way to the large doors. Once he was close enough he lifted his spear with his magic and prepared to open the doors. However before he had the chance, the doors were consumed by a dark red aura, and they flung open, knocking the unicorn to the ground and causing him to slide along the hard floor, Stopping just in front of Flash. The unconscious guard wasn't moving and his head was bleeding slightly. Twilight looked up from the guard and looked at the open doors. She saw a single pony in the doorway. She recognized this pony. His dark red coat, his black and silver mane and tail, and his long white lab coat. When he looked up she saw that it was indeed the same pony she met nearly half an hour ago.

"Crimson!?"

"The same love."

"I....I don't understand. What are you doing here? What did you do to those guards?"

"Well, I had to come and talk to ya, but those blokes out there wouldn't let me. So I kicked their flanks, snapped their necks, and welcomed myself to this little get together."

"You....killed them?"

"Indeed. I'm not proud of it, well much anyway. But it just had to be done."

As Twilight sat there speechless Celestia turned to her and asked the question the plagued everyone in the room. "Twilight, you know this pony?"

"Well, sort of. We bumped into each other while I was on my way here this morning. We talked for bit be parted ways. All I know about him is that he's a neurologist."

Crimson simply chuckled at Twilight's remark. "That's what I wanted ya to think love. I didn't want ya to catch onto anything prematurely."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh come now love. Ya can't really believe that all of your encounters over the past few days have been simple coincidences now can ya."

Twilight thought for a moment. What did he mean? Crimson spoke before she could respond to his question.

"Ya see love. We actually met a little while ago. Actually we met in Fillydelphia."

"What are you talking about? I never met you in Fillydelphia."

"Ahhh but you did love. Though, I didn't look like this. Think back. You met three different ponies from when you arrive in Fillydelphia, and when you got back here to the castle. What encounters did you have that all were similar in one way or another?"

Twilight pondered for a moment. Remembering every pony she met since she left Canterlot. Trying to find a connection. Finally she remembered three ponies that she met. The first was Nimbus. A green coated Pegasus. She remembers that after her encounter with him, the rate she felt mad Discord feel slightly scared. Next was the mysterious mare at the gain station. That mare was creepy, and her presence frightened Twilight. Finally there was Crimson. His explanation about neurology filled Twilight with a small amount of fear.

"You, you were all three of those ponies? Nimbus, the gray mare and, well.....you?"

"Bravo love. Your smarter then a thought."

"But how could you be all of those ponies. Who
Are you."

"I'll tell you what love. I'll give you two guesses. Then I'll tell ya."

Flash took a step forward tied to look as threatening as possible. "Or I
Can just knock you out and drag you sorry flank to the dungeon."

Crimson just look annoyed. "Flash, Flash, Flash. This conversation doesn't concern you." Flash was then covered in a dark red aura, before being lifted into the air. "Now then, leave us." Flash was then flung to the back of the room where he smashed into Celestia's large golden throne. Breaking the top off, and causing Flash to land roughly in the seat. As he lay there unconscious, ever pony stared at him with horrified expressions. Twilight was the only one who could find her voice and speak.

"FLASH!!!" Twilight ran to the injured guard to make sure he was alright. He was berthing and he had a pulse. However his left fore-leg looked broken, his ribs were quite bruised, and he had a few cuts on his chest that were bleeding slightly. Before Twilight could try to help him she was lifted by the same red aura that had thrown Flash, and she was carried back to the rest of they royals.

"Now the, with him out of the way lets get back to business shall we? You have three guesses to try and fingers out who I am."

As the equestrian leaders talked Amongst themselves to try and identify the unicorn before them, Twilight simply stood there. Her gaze locked on the tile floor. Until finally she looked up to the unicorn stallion and did what she did best.......lectured him.

"I don't care who, or what you think you are. I know exactly what you are. Your a monster. A cold hearted monster. With absolutely no regard for the well being of others. So I'm going to tell you something and I am not going to repeat myself. You are going to tell us who you really are, or so help me I will not hesitate to beat you senseless until you tell me what I want to know."

Everyone was silent. Crimson look at Twilight in shock for a few seconds. However eventually he simply shrugged and said "alright love, have it your way."

After that, crimson's eyes began to glow red and his horn glowed as well. As time went on the royals could feel the magic in the room building. It created strong winds and a cold chill in the large throne room. Soon, the stallions eye shifted from their original red color to a pure bright white. After a few seconds his back had a black streak appear on it. It slowly opened wider, as if his flesh was being ripped open. And the flesh was being pulled apart, what looked like black smoke began to rise from the inside of the red coated unicorn. After all the smoke rose from the unicorns body. The empty skin fell flat on the floor. The smoke remained in a cluster above the lifeless skin. Slowly it moved.
Forming into a specific shape. It formed the shape a torso. Like that of a young dragon. It had a large chest, a head, and two long arms that each ended in a large, almost claw looking hand. The lower portion of the body simply settled into a smoky, ghost like tail as the figure floated in the air. The creatures torso began to materialize armor on itself. It was dark, worn, and rusty. At his wrists he created a large piece of metal that protruded out from his body. Finally the figure seemed complete. And he finally opened his eyes. His eyes were a pure, menacing white. Those eyes could stare into one very soul. And despite having no visible mouth the figure began to laugh. His voice was low, deep, and dark. As he spoke his voice had a sort of hushed tone almost as though was whispering. Finally his laughter ceased as he looked at the ponies below him.

"I.......am Nocturne."

Author's Note:

Wow I can't believe I actually finished this chapter. I wrote this entire chapter in like three hours on Friday night after an eight hour marching band practice. Stayed up till like 1:30 in the morning but it was so worth it.

And so begins the Nocturne character arc. Yay I'm excited. I have been looking forward to this since I started this story. This will be fun.

Well here he is, Nocturne. Nocturne is a champion from "League of Legends". The rights to league of legends as well as Nocturne belong to Riot Games. I do not own them.