• Published 20th May 2012
  • 797 Views, 3 Comments

When music returned. - LightningBlaze



A story that tells you how music was put back in Equestria.

  • ...
 3
 797

Prologue

“I-I’m not sure we should be over here, guys…” Blaze say with fear, confusion, and nervousness in his voice. This is the edge of Ponyville, the group’s mothers specifically said not to go out beyond the gated areas.
“Oh, come on, Blaze, don’t be a goody-two-shoes! We aren’t technically outside the fence, so it’s ok!” Blaze’s friend Veg interrupts his thoughts.
Blaze knew he was right; they weren’t outside the gated fence. You are right in front of it. “Look,” his friend pleads to get your understanding. “If we don’t do this, we never will be allowed in that ultra cool club all the cool ponies are in!”
Blaze don’t see a reason to argue. He would not let up. He finally gave in.
“Alright guys, I’ll do it. But we have to do it tomorrow, class is about to begin!”
Blaze’s friends seemed ok with that answer. they all agreed to meet there right after school the next day.
“We have to hurry back to class though, Ms. Cheerilee will be ultra mad if we’re late again…”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The next day…

“Race you all to the fence!” Base cried out.
“There is no way you’re beating me again!” Veg screamed after him.
Blaze, however, just galloped to the fence; he didn’t want to waste your energy if they were caught.
“Whoa…hey, Blaze, come check this out…” Veg said in awe. You wonder what in the world could be that good that he would say it like that. ‘A new building, perhaps?’ he thinks. Might as well be.
He races over to the edge of town, only to find a single, hollow, swirly-type thing, something that seemed to go on forever if you stare into it.
“What do you think it is?” Blaze ask.
“Y-y-you mean you don’t know? Base, he doesn’t know what it is!”
Base was un-amused. “I heard him.”
Blaze leans a little closer to the…thing. He thought he heard someone calling your name from within it…

BAM!

“Whaaaaaaah!” the group screams at the same time. Blaze looks behind Base. A Sonic Rainboom what happening!
“Who would’ve thought…a Sonic Rainboom, here, now?” Veg said in awe, again.
Blaze wanted to get a better look. He begins to back up.
“We need to get a picture! Quick, Base, go get Ms. Cheerilee! She has to have a camera!”
Base was already running. Apparently, he had the same idea.
Blaze begins to back up some more, thinking, ‘How big does this get?? It’s incredible!’
“Blaze! Stop!” he hears. He stops. And he looks behind him.
He was right in front of the black void looking thing! ‘How could I’ve been so careless?’ Blaze thinks, ‘I could’ve fallen in!’
Ms. Cheerilee quickly runs over to the scared unicorn. “Oh, you little foal, its ok, its ok…” she begins comforting Blaze. And he needed it. He could’ve died in there! Tears were running down Blaze’s cheeks.
“Uh, class, school is cancelled for the day. You all may go home if you wish.” Ms. Cheerilee said. The class roared with excitement. They all left. Except Blaze. He stayed with the teacher pony.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The next day…

School was cancelled for the rest of the week, but Blaze wanted to get a better look at that…thing. So, he goes back to the edge of town again. This time, Princess Celestia, Ms. Cheerilee, and some other purple unicorn were there as well. Blaze goes up to introduce himself. But Ms. Cheerilee sees you first.
“Ah…Blaze, what are you doing here? School’s out for the week, because of the investigation of this thing,” She asked.
Blaze thinks furiously for something to come up in that brain of his. “I-I wanted to find out what it was, too…that’s why I’m here,” Blaze finally says. Ms. Cheerilee seemed satisfied with that answer, but Princess Celestia wanted to ask Blaze some things.
“Lightning Blaze, was it?” He nods. “Alright, I’m going to ask you some questions, and I want you to answer them as honestly as you can, ok?” Blaze nods again.
“When did you see this first?” Blaze knew this answer first-hand. “Right after school, when Base, Veg, and I came over,” He says confidently.
“Veg…?” the alicorn asks. Ms. Cheerilee steps up and explains, “Veg is the nickname that we gave Green Grass, the vegetable farmer.”
“Ok, next question: How big was it when you saw it first?” Blaze runs over to the void, to examine it. It had gotten bigger.
“Um, it was…” Blaze shows them with his hooves, “About that big, smaller than it is now.” Princess Celestia is deep in thought at this answer. She calls the purple unicorn over to her side, and tells her something.
Suddenly, the unicorn comes over to him. Blaze feels the need to introduce himself, again.
“Hi, I’m Lightning Blaze,” he says, “the unicorn.”
She nods, and says: “Hi Lightning.” She then levitates a book from her saddlebag, which was also purple, and starts to read it.
“Uh, what’s your name?” She doesn’t seem to hear him. He says it a bit louder. Still nothing. Louder still. Still nothing. Blaze decides to go up and tap her shoulder.
It surprises the filly, and she trips. He tries to help her up, she grabbed his hoof, and pull him down with her. A little too harder than what she planned. Blaze falls into the void.
In his hoof, was a piece of paper, that read:

My name is Twilight Sparkle.