• Published 29th Sep 2014
  • 2,795 Views, 29 Comments

Personality Pandemonium - xStellar_Bubbles



What started off is Twilight Sparkle trying to find the difference between alicorn magic and unicorn magic. Then, it suddenly turns into the main six having their personalities switched. Who knew?

  • ...
3
 29
 2,795

Chapter 3: Realization

From the fall, the six ponies were lying on the grass of the fields. Rainbow Dash quickly got up and flew above her friends to see if they were still fine. Pinkie Pie was rubbing her forehead when she rose. Everypony was dazed when they all got up.

"Ugh, what just happened right there?" Princess Twilight asked, more confused than stunned.

"That was certainly.... uh... something," Fluttershy said. She turned her head to face Rainbow Dash, who was still hovering above the others.

"Rainbow, do you you know what's going on?" she asked. Rainbow shook her head.

"No, just seeing if everypony is okay," she replied. Rainbow Dash got struck with realization.

"Guys!" everypony's attention was caught by the shout. "About the incident, I'm really sorry about what happened! I was being careless and forgot an extremely important detail!"

"Don't worry, Rainbow, we forgive you," Applejack said with a warm smile. "Everypony makes mistakes once in a while,"

"Yeah, what Applejack said. Besides, it's not like we're hurt or anything!" Twilight Sparkle said.

"In fact, I actually had a little bit of fun on that tornado ride!" Rarity added.

"Just like everypony says, you forgive and forget, especially with friends," Pinkie Pie continued as Rainbow Dash gave a humble smile to her friends.

"Aw, thanks girls. As always, our friendship stays strong," she said. In the distance, a big clock tower was making six loud 'dings'.

"Wow, six o' clock already?" Rainbow Dash said.

"Time really flys when stuff happens..." Twilight replied.

"Well, I will see you all tomorrow, everypony!" the mane six all said their goodbyes and went to their homes for the rest of the day.

------------------------------

On the next day, Rainbow Dash went about her daily morning routine. She wakes up, eats some fresh oats for breakfast, and clears a few clouds in the sky. When Rainbow was done with her morning chores, she thought to herself as she looks at the pale-blue sky, Hm, today looks like a great day for reading. Rainbow Dash glanced over to her stack of eleven Daring Do books. I could give each of them a fourteenth read. But, I think I should settle in for something else, she thought once again as she flew out of her cloud-house and landed on the path to Ponyville. And I might as well take a morning walk,

------------------------------

While she was trotting along, Rainbow Dash passed by Sweet Apple Acres. She didn't notice until Applejack called.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash!" she said.

"Oh, hello Applejack!" Rainbow replied. "Doing your daily applebucking as well?"

"Yes, certainly! I already bucked a quarter of the farm," Rainbow Dash was about to reply with a "Woah". But, knowing Applejack, she wasn't very surprised.

"I suppose I should leave you alone now. It's hard doing... you know... hard work!"

"You're right, Rainbow Dash. I'll see you later!" Rainbow Dash then began to trot along the farm. But as she was making her first few steps, a brown forest squirrel suddenly appeared beside the barn. Applejack gasped in excitement.

"Why hello, Mr. Squirrel!" she said as Applejack slowly approached the critter. Rainbow became slightly skeptical, but she shrugged it off and continued to walk to Twilight's library anyway.

------------------------------

Many minutes later, Rainbow Dash approached the Carousel Boutique. In the front of the shop, there was a sign. It said, "A sweet new style is coming soon!" Hmm, this is very interesting, Rainbow thought to herself as she entered the Carousel Boutique with the bell giving a ring. Up the stairs, Rainbow Dash heard the distance shouts of Rarity.

[size=0.85em"Yes! A new customer! Hang on there, I'm coming!"] Rarity's hooves clopped every time they hit the steps. When she finally got down, Rarity made a excited gasp.

"Rainbow Dash! It's so good to see you!" she said as she lightly hugged Rainbow.

"It's good to see you as well, Rarity. Also, according to the sign outside, you are making a 'sweet new style'. May I see what that is, exactly?"

"Oh, of course! Follow me to my work station, then you'll see!"

"Hm, alright," Rainbow Dash was getting more curious by the second as she trailed behind Rarity up the stairs and to her work area. In one of the sewing machines, there was a magenta fabric. It had small plastic representations of certain types of candy. Rainbow couldn't really comprehend what sort of "style" this was.

"A 'sweet' new style! Get it? 'Cause it's made out of candy?" Rarity said and giggled afterward.

"Okay then... Well, it's unique, that's for sure," said the dubious Rainbow Dash.

"It's nice seeing your new fashion trend, Rarity. But, I got to go, goodbye!"

"See ya Rainbow!" in a hurry, Rainbow Dash stormed out of the Carousel Boutique. Okay then, she thought.

------------------------------

After trotting a few more miles, Rainbow began to feel really bushed. Her legs and hooves were sore. As a result, Rainbow Dash felt slight pain in each step. Wow! I forgot how far it is from my house to Twilight's! she thought. Nearby, Rainbow saw the gingerbread-like building of Sugarcube Corner. Maybe a muffin and a small coffee will do, thought Rainbow Dash as she entered the sweet shop. She stood by the counter and ringed the bell. Pinkie Pie came out of the kitchen and settled behind the work surface.

"Hello, Rainbow Dash. What can I get you at Sugarcube Corner?" Pinkie said.

"I'll just have a banana muffin,"

"Anything else?"

"Well, do you guys serve coffee? If so, I'll have a small cup,"

"Alright, coming right up!" Something seems strange about Pinkie Pie.... I just can't put my hoof on it, Rainbow thought. As requested, Pinkie came behind the counter once again with Rainbow Dash's order.

"That'll be three bits!" one of Rainbow's wings extended, grabbed the three bits that Pinkie needed, and paid the price.

"Thank you very much!"

"No problem," just as Rainbow Dash was about to leave, she spotted a pink glimmer in the kitchen. Letting curiosity get the best of her, Rainbow asks about it.

"Uh, Pinkie Pie? What's that behind you in the kitchen?" Pinkie Pie looked behind her to see what Rainbow was talking about.

"Oh, that's my newest batch of cupcakes,"

"New recipe? May I take a sneak peek?"

"As you wish, Rainbow Dash," Rainbow nodded and trotted over to the kitchen to see five chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting and containers of sprinkles that contained blue, yellow, and black sprinkles. One cupcake had two balloons that were made of small blue sprinkles. On top of them was an unfinished balloon that was made of yellow sprinkles.

"I'm making cupcakes that are personalized like my cutie mark!"

"I see that, but seriously? You need all these sprinkles just for one cupcake?"

"Details are important, Rainbow,"

"Um, okay. I'll be on my way now,"

"Alright. Ta ta, Rainbow Dash!"

------------------------------

What could be going on with my friends? They seem so... off today. What could this possibly mean? Rainbow was pondering a lot that she didn't notice that she bumped into Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy! What brings you here?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Oh, it's just nothing. Angel just won't eat his carrots again, and now he's ran away because Angel wants a fancy salad again! Can you believe that?" Well, I cannot say I can't, Rainbow thought to herself. Suddenly, Angel Bunny appeared out of a bush. Fluttershy's face became filled with frustration.

"I have to go. I have do deal with this darn rabbit," she said as she ran towards the bunny.

"Angel! You come back here this instant, mister! The carrots I have aren't that bad! They're juicy and healthy, just for growing bunnies like you! Angel Bunny!"

"Seriously, what is going on around here?" Rainbow Dash muttered. She continued to walk and finally saw her destination: The Golden Oaks Library. Now Rainbow can finally do what she wanted to do all day! Rainbow Dash knocked on the door, and Spike came into view.

"Hello, Spike. Where's Twilight?" Rainbow asked.

"She's apparently napping... on a cloud. I know right, it's weird! I don't usually see her taking naps that often," Spike said.

"Well, may I come in anyways? You know, for a book?" Spike stared at Rainbow Dash blankly.

"Uh, okay, since you are asking," Spike opened the door more widely and gestured Rainbow to come inside the library. Once she entered, Rainbow Dash searched the shelves.

"Do you guys have a book about natural velocity?" Spike gave yet another blank stare.

"Speed or how fast something is,"

"Oh! Try to look under 'V', which is right over..." Spike led Rainbow Dash to one of the shelves, "Here!" Rainbow went through the shelf and found the book she wanted to read.

"Thanks, Spike!"

"Um, no problem, I guess," Rainbow turned around and faced the baby dragon.

"Spike, is something wrong?"

"Well, yes- I mean, maybe. Along with Twilight sleeping on a cloud, you're suddenly reading books, and it's not even Daring Do related!"

"Wait, what are you talkin-" Rainbow Dash gasped and fell on her knees.

"I'm an egghead!"

"Yeah, that's what I'm basically telling you..." Spike said.

"How could this be? Me, Rainbow Danger Dash, reading a book about velocity?!" Wait a minute, Applejack and squirrels, Rarity with candy dresses, Pinkie Pie with details, Twilight sleeping on a cloud, me reading novels, and that weird spell in the tornado.... It all makes sense now! We switched personalities!

------------------------------

"I think you are all wondering why I've gathered you here today," Rainbow Dash said to her friends.

"Yeah, and why you woke me up from that awesome nap..." said the still-sleepy Princess Twilight.

"I'm here to announce that we all switched not minds or bodies or whatever, but personalities!" Fluttershy raised one of her hooves.

"Can you tell us the difference, exactly?" Rainbow Dash nodded.

"Well, if our bodies or minds were swapped, there would be things such as struggling to adapt to new abilities, occupations, relationships, and especially appearances," all bobbed their heads in agreement.

"What's important now is that we all at least try to keep out personality-swapped selves secretive as possible. The only ponies who should know about this are Princess Celestia, Luna, and Cadance,"

"I must ask, why just the princesses? And why do we have to keep ourselves unforthcoming from the other ponies?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"If other ponies found ou-"

"Ponies would just go absolutely cray cray!" Rarity interrupted.

"What Rarity said. Basically, townsponies will be frightened! Things that ponies do not fully comprehend will leave them to be afraid, so afraid that they'll be in panic. Townsponies will think that something is going awfully wrong in Ponyville. They might think that Discord is going to plunge Equestria into chaos again or some other weird reason!"

"Alright, we got it, Dash!" Princess Twilight said as she gave a confident smile and a salute.

"Now, meanwhile you guys try to stay intact, I'll be downstairs in Twilight's laboratory-"

"Oh right! I forgot I had that!"

"-trying to find a solution to this situation," Rainbow Dash finally stated as she quickly trotted down the stairs.