• Published 19th Aug 2014
  • 655 Views, 1 Comments

Time Lords in Equestria - Seannetfiction



The Doctor and Derpy get word of chaotic disturbances in Ponyville and Canterlot. While investigating, The Doctor's past comes out of the woodwork - literally. How is this possible? And what force brought multiple doctors and companions together

  • ...
4
 1
 655

Part 1a

"Wow, the Summer Sun Celebration sure is a lot of fun to see when it's not being threatened!" Ditzy Doo said to the Doctor as the TARDIS was landing. The two had just completed a trip to Canterlot and now were stopping back off in Ponyville so Ditzy could grab the muffins she forgot to take before they went on their next voyage.

"Yes, it's still amazing to think that you ponies have to raise the sun and moon physically. It's quite an impressive sight though."

"Well it's weird for me to see planets that just have the moon and sun move on their own."

"It is how most planets deal with such things."

"So then most planets are weird."

The Doctor had to laugh at such a statement. He knew from experience that his companions would hold their native world and time's customs in top regard, but Ditzy was always so straightforward that it was refreshing to hear.

"In any case, we have landed so you grab the muffins and I'll go pick up plenty of butter," he said.

"Try not to start eating it from the wrapper like it's some kind of salty banana. Again."

"Oh come on now, I only did it that once! It's just of irresis... ti.. ble. What's that?" The Doctor said as screams could be heard from up the hill.

"It sounds like Fluttershy. I think that's her cottage up there and it doesn't sound good."

The Doctor suddenly got serious. "Well, let's see what's causing the trouble. The Doctor is in! Come on Derpy!"


Fluttershy was trying to protect her animals, who had been backed into a corner by a rogue bear that Fluttershy had been taking care of.

"Harry, calm down. Why are you acting this way?" she was desperately trying to appease him now. She had used her stare, but while it had caused him to run away earlier, he was back almost immediately.

"What do you want?!" Fluttershy was getting emotional. She really didn't want to do anything to hurt Harry, but the animals were all in danger if Harry was in a rage.

"Well, looks like I got here just in time! Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" The Doctor said as he and Ditzy walked in through the back door.

Fluttershy looked with complete surprise at this turn of events. "Hello Ditzy Doo, and um, who are you?"

"Nice to meet you, Fluttershy was it? Yes, Fluttershy. Hello Fluttershy! You can call me Time Turner. Now what's going on with this bear?"

"He's been acting strangely all day. He never does this. He's always so friendly"

"Really? A friendly bear?! That sounds amazing!" the Doctor chuckled before calming himself. "Well that's unusual given the bears I've encountered, but I'll take your word for it. Let's see what the damage is."

The bear now approached the Doctor, who pulled out his sonic screwdriver and waved it across his face. "Well this IS fascinating."

"What is, Doc.. um, Turner?" Ditzy asked.

"Well it would seem that this bear isn't really a bear. It's just an illusion. If I could just charge some electricity... THERE!"

The Doctor quickly used his sonic to open the back of a lamp nearby and popped out the two main wires that went into the plug.

"Let's see if this doesn't short-circuit the problem." He took the wires to the bear, who had decided he was a threat and was charging, and after dodging his big left paw, sent a shockwave through the bear's body.

Ditzy and Fluttershy were horrified at what they saw, but were even more surprised when it didn't seem to hurt the bear, instead revealing a black cloth made of some material none of the three could immediately recognize, but inside the material, they saw, were two solid black creatures with teal, insect-like eyes.

"Changelings!" Fluttershy immediately recognized. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? WHERE IS THE REAL HARRY!"

Fluttershy had gone into full-on protective mother mode of her animals, and the changelings were understandably intimidated. The two stumbled over themselves but got out through an open window, running for their lives.

"You knew those creatures?" the Doctor finally said after a few seconds of silence passed.

"Yes, they had tried to take over the kingdom at Princess Cadance's wedding last year and my friends and I had to face them. There were hundreds, if not thousands. I didn't know they could combine to make bigger creatures, though."

"It seems that cloth did that for them. You said they were at a wedding you'd attended, which means I'm guessing they have a history with you and your friends. Has anything else been going on recently that was strange or out of the ordinary?"

Fluttershy was thinking. "Well, Applejack's brother has been acting really angry lately and has been reckless with his work the last two days. Applejack sent him away from the farm yesterday, and she's been getting concerned."

"That could be something. Derpy, we need to get back to, um, my shed. I may have some equipment to help out."

"Ok, let's go. Sorry about all this, Fluttershy. You're so nice that you certainly don't deserve this stress."

"WAIT!" Fluttershy cried out as they were leaving. "If that wasn't Harry, then that means they may have the real one. Please tell me you'll be able to find him.

The Doctor walked up to her and looked her straight in the eye. "I'll make a promise to you, Fluttershy. I will get answers for you about what happened here. I can't guarantee they'll be good answers, but you will know where your friend is and why these creatures are attacking you. Now I need to get to my TAR- um, shed."

She smiled at that. "Ok, then. Thank you Mr. Turner. If you need my shed as well, you're welcome to it. Normally I don't like people going in my shed, but if Harry's in trouble, then you all can take what you need."

"Erm, uh, yes well ok then! Come along Derpy!"


"Well what do you make of it, Doctor?" Ditzy asked as the two walked back to the TARDIS.

"Honestly I'm not sure. It seems odd that a plan of revenge for a wedding years ago would need that long to take hold, especially if their numbers were as large as she said and they can transform into other beings. Something about this time has made them become aggressive, and we need to figure out what."

"So what's our plan of action?"

"Simple, first I get an electric device from my TARDIS that can short-circuit these changelings, then we confront this Applejack's brother and... Well that's different!"

"What is Doc-whoa."

As the duo exited the TARDIS, they were greeted by the sight of yet another TARDIS. It looked virtually identical to the one they were leaving, albeit a little cleaner, and was a mere 15 feet in front of them.

"Um, Doctor? What did you do?"

"Why do you think I did this?"

"Well, you're the only one I know with a TARDIS so unless you're expecting company..."

"NO. I was not. No, no, no, this isn't right. I've never landed in this part of town..." he looked up to double-check his surroundings. He was at the edge of the Everfree Forest, at the bottom of a small hill that shielded the TARDIS from view of Fluttershy's cottage. They were faced away from the cottage while the other TARDIS sat at the mouth of the forest itself. It seems that it landed in a pile of wood that had fallen off the trees and been collected by Fluttershy as firewood. "No, I've definitely never landed here before."

"Well it looks like you've landed here twice now," Ditzy quipped.

"This is serious, Derpy! Future me would know not to land in the same place and time that I've already landed. It would create a paradox if I saw my future self, so why would I land the TARDIS somewhere that I've already been. Well, not exactly where, you see, but still well in my line of sight where I could run into..."

There was no more time to speculate, as the other TARDIS' doors had opened. Ditzy and the Doctor approached cautiously. Whatever was the cause of this would be explained, and there was no turning back.

A pony with a golden coat and nearly pure white, curled hair walked out of the box. He had blue eyes with an aged look, but they bore a more fierce, energetic feeling than the weary ones the Doctor had grown accustomed to in the mirror. His cutie mark had more sand in the top half of the hourglass than the bottom, and to top it all off, he wore an elegant green jacket of fine material with a white, ruffled shirt inside.

The Doctor blinked back a few times out of shock. He knew the look, but had never expected that look to be on a pony. His mind refused to accept what had been presented in front of it.

Finally, after scanning the outside for a few moments, the new pony spoke in a voice that Ditzy did not know but the Doctor recognized immediately. "Well, it would seem we're not the only ones. This whole planet is full of ponies!"

The Doctor, still beside himself, could only reply, "What?"

The other pony then looked to him. "Well, it seems they can talk, which means they're one of the main sentient lifeforms on this planet. Hello there!"

"What!?"

"Oh, I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm the Doctor." the golden pony said.

WHAT?!" the Doctor and Ditzy said simultaneously.

The pony was looking a little miffed about these reactions. "Is that all you can say? Why do you keep..."

His thought was interrupted by the second TARDIS which had been at an angle he had not yet looked. He didn't even notice the pile of wood he was parked on as he stumbled down the pile. After staring for a moment, he let out an exasperated sigh and said, "Oh no. Well, it looks like the Time Lords have done it again. I am once again they're galactic yo-yo!"

***1972 theme music - Following title crawl: 'Time Lords of Equestria', then 'Written by SeanNetFiction', finally 'Part 1'***

"Oh this is just brilliant." the Doctor (the brown one) said just loud enough for the others to hear.

The other Doctor scrunched his face as the brown pony in front of him looked like he might try to lunge at him with some gusto.

"Yes, well in any case, as I said I am the Doctor," he finally said.

"Oh yes. Yes you are 'Doctor,' the brown doctor (to be referred to as Time Turner from here on in) said before bursting into laughter.

"And what is so funny about that?" the new doctor asked.

When Turner calmed down after a good 20 seconds of solid laughter, he finally said, "I never thought I'd hear that voice coming out of a pony hahahaha. My goodness this is incredible! Well, I shouldn't say 'incredible.' This is actually quite a serious situation - whole sections of existence blowing up all around us kind of serious, but... ah, I can't keep a straight face for this. This is amazing!"

"Now calm yourself down!" the new doctor said, clearly flustered by the reaction. "You there, grey pony! What is the problem with this maniac?"

Ditzy shook herself out of her gawking to reply. "Oh he does that a lot when he sees things that are funny to him. I don't really get it. He's like this any time he sees a word that refers to ponykind."

"AHAHAHAHA ponykind! Derpy, you can't be adding to the silliness or I'll never keep a straight face," Turner said through the laughs.

The other Doctor looked at the brown pony slamming his hoof on the pavement and walked past him, clearly insulted, and approached Ditzy. "Well, it would seem you're the one to talk to of this group. If I heard correctly your name is Derpy. Pleased to meet you, I am the Doctor."

He offered his hoof but she just stared at him. "Um, my name is actually Ditzy Doo. He just calls me Derpy. And you are not the Doctor."

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm the Doctor! Do you know any other people who refer to themselves as the Doctor?"

"Yeah. Down there."

The other Doctor followed her hoof, which pointed at the laughing maniac behind him. He stood there, about to tell off Ditzy, but then he looked back to the other TARDIS. After looking back and forth at the two for a few moments (during which even Turner had restrained himself long enough to see his reaction), the other Doctor brought his hoof to his face and dug his face into the joint.

"Oh no," he said through the leg, prompting Turner to laugh all over again.

He eventually got back to a standing position and calmed himself enough to say, "I'm afraid so, old friend! I hope you're enjoying the equine body because you're going to have it one day!"

"Ugh," the other Doctor said. "Being a pony would be an issue no doubt... but I'm far more concerned about the sheer incompetence I seem to be showing in this time."

"Hey! You'd be wise to be more like me now. But that always was you - oh so serious about time and space travel, being all prim and proper. Clearly you mellow out in your old age so maybe down and dirty is the way to go!"

"There's a difference between 'mellowing out' and going barking mad, and I think it's clear which way you, or should I say, I have clearly gone!"

Ditzy was now completely lost with what was going on. The two now seemed to know each other and were arguing about stuff that was going over her head.

"Um, hey, Doctor?"

"Yes?" they asked at the same time.

"She meant me, oh high and mighty one. She does travel with me after all," Turner told his counterpart.

"By all means, be my guest."

"What exactly is going on. Who is this pony? And why does he keep calling himself the Doctor too?"

"Well, let's see how I can explain this to you..."

"Perhaps you should let me. I'm not confident you'll get it right the way this conversation is going."

"Hey! Home dimension advantage to me. You stay silent. Anyway Derpy..."

"That's another thing. She just told me her name is Ditzy Doo. Now that name may sound silly,"

(HEY!),

"but the fact is she has a name, so why are you calling her Derpy?"

"Because it sounds better. Now hush!" Turner said bluntly to his counterpart. "As I was saying, Derpy, this pony is calling himself 'the Doctor' because he is, in fact, the Doctor. Me."

"... What? Doctor, how does that make sense? Is this like that time when that Doctor from another dimension came and..."

"No, Derpy. In this case, this Doctor is actually me. A past version of me, but me nonetheless."

"I don't understand," Ditzy said, clearly trying to process the information. "You two look and act nothing alike. How can you be the same pony?"

"Well if you remember, I said when we met I'm not really a pony. You see, my kind is able to change its shape when we're about to... well, when we're in serious trouble and are really hurting. The Doctor you see over there was what I used to look like a long time ago. Though that does not explain how you," now addressing the other Doctor, "are in Equestria when I have no memory of being here before, or how you are a pony."

This comment earned a scoffing sound from the other Doctor. "Well if you must know. I was sent on a mission from the Time Lord council. I'm sure you remember them."

Turner's eyes darkened a little at this statement and he had to turn away from his counterpart. "Yes, I remember," he said, his voice barely holding any volume.

The other Doctor noticed the shift in demeanor but chose to continue. "Yes, well, while I was traveling, I felt the TARDIS losing control of itself and being sucked into the abstract plane. The turbulence knocked us unconscious, and when I had awoken, I was a pony. I was left a message by the Time Lords that indicated they did not know where exactly I was being sent, only that I was being sent where there was a serious disturbance that threatened both this and my original universe.

"As for why you don't remember, I've was informed that the trip indicated that my being sent here was causing the TARDIS to give off waves that indicated I could be causing trans-dimensional paradoxes by coming here. I had assumed that meant whatever threat that came here had already embedded themselves into the world's history, but as it turns out it was my own history that was causing the problem. Either way, my memories of this world will peter out of our memories as we go back through the barrier."

Turner had been listening closely and had perked his ears up about halfway through. "That's all well and good, but you mentioned the words 'we' and 'our' in your speech. Did someone come with you?"

"Well of course! I was not traveling alone when I got the call, so naturally-"

"AHHHHHH! DOCTOR! COME QUICK!!!" a voice screamed from inside the other Doctor's TARDIS.

"Uh-oh. It would seem Jo has discovered she's a pony now," he said as he turned and hurried back into the TARDIS.

Turner was suddenly back to being excited himself. "Oh, Jo's here?! This is turning out to be quite the day!"

"Jo? Doctor, who is Jo?" Ditzy asked, but it was too late as Turner was following his past self into the TARDIS. "*sigh* I guess I should follow. At the very least I want the full picture of what's happening. This has become a very confusing day."

Ditzy could only shake her head in utter frustration and confusion as she walked along after the pair of Doctors.

Author's Note:

Yeah! A little tribute to one of the top Doctor Whooves series in honor of 12's debut this week! So a little backstory: Doctor Whooves and Assistant, as well as Doctor Whooves Adventures were big into getting me into the revived Who series. But in the time I've been here, I've noticed a limited number of crossovers with the Classic Who series. Most Whooves stories that feature a Time Lord Doctor in pony form use a new, future incarnation or use a revived series Doctor. When I do see a Classic Who Doctor, it's usually 1 or 4. I notice a severe lack of Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton stories, so rather than wait to see someone write a story, I decided to do them myself! (The crossover with DWA and the Second Doctor is being fine-tuned right now too. You'll see it soon.)

Anyway, yeah, I've seen all of the Third Doctor's episodes and he's a personal favorite of mine, so this should be fun. As I said, this universe isn't a perfect replica of the DWnA universe, but I think I come pretty close and at least have their approaches pretty solid. For those wondering where Tick Tock is, he's not here. You can chalk it up to him already departing the show, dying, being sick, etc. Either way, I won't be addressing him in this story. This is strictly Third Doctor and Jo meet Turner Doctor and Ditzy.

My descriptions of the Third Doctor and Jo will come from the images created by LissyStrata's DeviantArt page. Check her out at http://lissystrata.deviantart.com/. If you look at Jo Grant's design and listen to DWnA, you'll probably guess the joke that sparked this idea.

See you for the rest of part 1 where Jo is introduced, the group visits Applejack, and I try my hand at a Classic Who end-of-episode cliffhanger!