• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 1,279 Views, 24 Comments

A New Friend, a New Way - LovelyMuse



A side story to zuesdemigod131's A New World, a New Way, telling the story of Eva and her partner Absol, the past they share, and how they met Gene and Belle on Earth, reuniting on Equus years later.

  • ...
3
 24
 1,279

Part 2 of 2: Equus

Lunick and Solana, along with their partners Plusle and Minun, all sat near the edge of a river outside of Ponyville, thinking over what Princess Twilight told them.

"I feel sick to my stomach," the recently transformed Medicham muttered, Plusle placing a paw on her knee, looking at the former Top Ranger with a sad expression.

Lunick, who had been staring at his reflection in the river, turned away in disgust. "Even with a new body, I still can't look at myself."

"So many innocent relationships we destroyed," Solana continued. "How can anyone call that justice!?"

The transformed Hitmontop just shook his head, having no answer.

A pregnant silence followed, the only sound that of the river flowing. Plusle and Minun at this time looked at one another, then nodded and the former broke the quiet atmosphere.

"So; what do we do now?"

There was no response right away, and another episode of uncomfortable silence would have surely come to pass, if not a new voice had replied.

"Trust your hearts, for they are your greatest guides."

The group all looked up to see who had spoken, almost seeming to recognize it.

"No way," Lunick said, just barely above a whisper.

The figure smiled. "Arceus must have great plans if he brought you here, don't you agree?"


"That should do it," Rarity said gleefully as she finished writing down the measurements for Gene's tuxedo.

Gene sighed in relief, finally being able to move after having to hold still for so long. The Gallade rolled his neck and shoulders, creating loud cracking sounds.

Belle could only laugh at her mate, seeing how exhausted he was. "Look at it this way; at least you can rest on the train ride."

Gene gave the Gardevoir a soft smile and nodded, then turned to Rarity, who was already looking over designs for the couple. "We'll be leaving for the station now."

The unicorn did not look up from her work, but managed to wave as they headed out the door. "Stay safe, dears."

"We will," Belle replied as they exited the Carousel Boutique, holding hands. As they headed for the train station, the clock tower chimed, indicating that it was half-past six.

"Looks like we may get there a little before the others," Gene pointed out. "Should we head back to Twilight's and go with her and Juniper?"

Before Belle could respond, a voice caught their attention.

"Why am I not surprised that you would take that form?"

The two Psychic-types turned towards a small group of trees to see two figures step out from the shadows.

They seemed to have canine-like appearances, but had very short snouts. Their faces were a sort of navy-blue shade, the same being said of their claws and strange scythe-like appendages on the right side of their heads and as a tail. Snow-white fur graced the rest of their body, some of the fur atop their heads hooking down the left side of their face, one of the two figures having this piece of fur concealing its left eye slightly, a blue lotus keeping it from covering the creature's entire face. Tall, oval-shaped horns the same shade as their skin sat atop their foreheads just above where the fur started on their head.

Gene and Belle looked at the two Pokémon, trying to place a familiar face on at least one of them.

"I feel like I know you from somewhere, but can't remember where exactly," Gene stated.

Belle nodded in agreement.

The Absol who had the lotus in its fur giggled, giving off the sound that was clearly female. "I can't blame you for failing to recall. We did only meet once, and even then, we never had time to get to know each other, what with us trying to get you two as far away from Undella Town as possible."

The couple's eyes immediately lit up, placing a familiar voice with the Dark-type. "Eva!?" They exclaimed at the same time.

The Pokémon smiled. "The memories held within our hearts never lie. I'm relieved to see that Arceus deemed you worthy and brought you both here."

Gene walked over to Eva and, kneeling down, hugged the Disaster Pokémon's neck, careful to avoid the scythe on the side of her head. "It's good to see you, Eva. How have you been?"

Zero and Belle joined in, standing by their respected partners.

Eva pulled away and looked off into the distance, a sad look on her face. "To be honest, from a month leading up to the day Arceus brought us here, I was in the hospital."

Gene and Belle gasped.

"What happened!?" Belle asked almost frantically.

Eva brought her eyes down to her chest, placing a paw on it. "My heart was failing. My condition was worst than the doctors had originally thought and I had to be put on a heart-transplant list… They lost me a few times and were worried I wouldn't even make it through the surgery." She then looked back at her friends and her warm smile returned. "But when I woke up here in Equestria, it didn't hurt as much. I still have an occasional sting in my chest, but other than that, I'm cured."

The couple sighed in relief, followed by smiles of their own.

"That's great news," Gene congratulated.

Eva nodded. "Although I may never get my real body back, I'm rather glad that Arceus gave me this opportunity." Saying that, she nuzzled Zero's cheek and gave it a lick.

This caught Gene by surprise, but Belle knew all too well of Eva's feelings for the Dark-type. Ever since that day where the former Ranger let Belle search her mind, the Psychic-type had kept those images of Eva and her partner sharing loving moments deep within her heart.

Just then, a familiar voice called out Gene and Belle's names. The group turned to see Professor Juniper floating towards them, pacing herself.

"What are you two doing here?" The Beheeyem asked with a sort of irritated tone. "We need to get to the station early so we don't… make a… scene." She slowed her words as she looked at Eva and Zero, an interested look on her face.

Eva smirked. "Looks like your research got the best of you, Professor," she teased.

Juniper's eyes grew wide as she immediately recognized the voice. "Eva!" The former Pokémon Professor quickly wrapped her arms around the newly transformed Absol, squeezing tight. "I'm so glad to see you were brought here!"

Eva chuckled as she patted Juniper's back. "Good to… see you too…, Professor. Could you…. possibly…. let me…. go?"

The Cerebral Pokémon gasped and instantly released her death grip, blushing in embarrassment.

"How do you know Eva, Professor?" Gene inquired.

Juniper turned to the Gallade and stated "I actually met her through Iris and Cynthia."

"They brought me to Professor Juniper's lab in Nuvema Town not long after my accident," Eva added. "They thought that staying cooped up in my house back in Almia wasn't good for my health and I could get some fresh air at the lab while helping out with the Professor's research."

"It also gave us a chance to spend more private time together," Zero said as he nuzzled Eva, having remained utterly silent up until that moment.

"I'm glad to see that everything turned out alright for the two of you," Juniper commented.

Belle and Gene nodded in agreement.

The clock rang out three times, indicating it was a quarter-to.

"You should all probably get going," Eva pointed out. "I'll tell you everything when you get back."

The group nodded and said their goodbyes as they quickly headed for the train station.

The moment they disappeared from sight, a giggle was heard from above and a young, yellow pegasus mare dropped down to the ground, landing beside Eva and her partner. She blew a stray strand of her fiery-orange mane out of her face before sporting a giant grin that would make Pinkie proud.

"Quite the friends you got there, Eva."

Eva smiled and nodded. "All my friends are very dear to me. To see them so alive and well, it warms my heart." Saying this, she looked down at her chest and placed a paw on it.

"Do you feel better, having seen them?" The mare asked.

"Yeah." Eva turned to the pegasus and bowed her head. "Thanks for bringing me here, Muse. Shall we head back?"

The mare nodded. "My mom is waiting just outside of town. Let's get going."

The group headed for the edge of town, unaware of a certain pink Legendary Pokémon watching from the cover of tree branches, giggling to herself.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, everypony!!! Here are some links so you know what Muse and her mother look like
Muse: http://cutepoochyena261.deviantart.com/art/Lovely-Muse-and-Zippy-Hug-Time-418702610
Lovely Feathers: http://cutepoochyena261.deviantart.com/art/MLP-FiM-OC-Lovely-Feathers-Teenager-478621616

You can check out Lovely Feather's story-in-progress here http://www.fimfiction.net/story/149997/the-tale-of-lovely-feathers