• Published 13th Aug 2014
  • 2,656 Views, 51 Comments

Rightfully My Everything - Chloe The Great



Discord confesses his admiration for Fluttershy and finds interesting results of his admission.

  • ...
8
 51
 2,656

Words Aren't Enough

Soaking in every word from her book, Fluttershy’s pace became faster as she knew the novel was close to conclusion. It was her favorite part of reading, being near the end of a satisfactory book brought just that. She giggled and flipped to the next page, only to leave her with a ripped piece of parchment.

“Oh…” Fluttershy gulped slowly. She tried subduing the small sliver of frustration that started to boil. Taking a sharp intake of breath, the anger almost completely dissipated into a substance of relaxation—but, one of her ears twitched. “W-What…the horse feathers?”

Discord chuckling came to a slight halt as he watched in the disguise of the decorative lamp he had created beside his friend. His own eye twitched as he smelled something distinct.

“How unfair!” Discord huffed. In a blink, he escaped the lamp and was nose to nose with Fluttershy.

“Eek—!” Fluttershy yelped.

“How…how dare you!?” His voice shook.

“What?” What is it!?” Fluttershy’s irritation escaped like a hiccup.

“You’re in heat? For my sake, you could have warned me!” He stuttered. Fluttershy whimpered and a single tear was near departure. Her face then flushed and she closed the book, the smack of its closing so quickly made Discord flinch. He never cowered—ever. As he thought this, his eyes softened and realized how fast all this was escalating.

“S-Shut up!” Fluttershy choked and bit her lip as a sob escaped quickly after.

“Fluttershy…I apologize,” Discord sighed.

“How do I know you mean it?” she whispered. “I can’t take this any longer, Discord.”

“What do you mean?” his voice became blanch.

“You broke my heart when you decided to betray me. It really hurt, and you will never know how much...” Fluttershy cried, “…how much it really hurt me.” Discord let his claw briskly touch her cheek, and she did not flinch away.

“I can feel, Fluttershy, as much as it seems I cannot,” Discord said with a cool and soothing murmur. “Your friendship is more than I can handle, as no one has made me the way I feel about you.”

“Stop…” she sniffled and grabbed Discord’s wrist, “don’t you dare say it—that’s so selfish of you.” The corner of his mouth tugged up hesitantly.

“If anybody is being selfish, my dear, it is you,” he said simply, “do you understand what I am saying? I would kill for you.” Seeing it coming was nothing he used to avoid the blow, and Fluttershy had slapped him.

“And I would die for you, but never would I see death as an option of something used in terms of harmony,” Fluttershy whispered.

“You’re killing me,” Discord growled.

“Hey, Fluttershy,” a voice from her doorway startled her. She blinked and realized that Discord was long gone and the book was in her lap—the possibly once missing page no longer absent. Her shoulders drooped and her head tilted to the side.

“Hi, Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy swallowed dryly and smiled faintly.

“Uh…you alright?” Rainbow asked as her wings beat the air and she made her way into the living room, then continuing to drop onto the ground—letting her wings rest.

“Yes…” Fluttershy closed her eyes and mumbled.

“Okay,” Dash squinted her eyes and cleared her throat for clarification of continuing. “I was wondering if you could watch Tank for the weekend. Twilight and I are going to Canterlot for some Princess business.”

“Sure,” Fluttershy blinked rapidly and nodded.

“Where’s Discord?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I don’t want to know,” Fluttershy laughed, hastily wiping a tear from her eye.

***

Discord wiped his eye, cursing, growling, and huffing as he made his way to Twilight Sparkle’s castle. Impatience grew rapidly and he snapped fiercely, making the sound of thunder echo throughout Ponyville. His loud steps created an earthquake in the Princess’s fortress, and the alicorn cocked an eyebrow as she saw the enraged creature coming towards her.

With no fear, she stared at Discord with annoyance.

“Not this bastard…” Twilight grumbled; elbowing Spike, who awoke with a snort and lazy eyes opening and closing.

“Did Rainbow Dash clash the continent’s plates again?” Spike sleepily mumbled.

“I wish!” Twilight hysterically exclaimed. “What in Celestia’s name do you want?”

“Don’t you be angry at me too, you ludicrous Princess of waving and smiling!” Discord snapped, jabbing a finger in her direction. Spike’s eyes fully opened and he looked away, snarling.

“What’s he doing here?” the baby dragon groaned.

“What is with you all!?” Discord’s voice cracked. Twilight’s eyebrows furrowed and she folded her legs, shifting in her throne.

“Why do you storm into the castle and yell at me?” Twilight muttered. “I have done nothing.”

“I could the say the same thing! I have done nothing to deserve this torment of glares and rude snarls!” Discord barked hysterically.

“Boo hoo, Discord,” Twilight giggled, “your life is truly troublesome.” The lord of chaos made an agitated groan and pulled at his eyelids.

“What have I done…?” He sighed.

“Well, I am not particularly upset at your presence or past betrayal…” Twilight admitted solemnly.

“It’s just…we all sort of saw it coming just not sure when—” Spike attempted to finish for his Princess.

“Spike!” She chuckled and held his lips shut with her magic. “If you feel exclusively offended, then I take it Fluttershy is still deeply upset.” Discord looked away from the direction of the circle of thrones.

“You need to give her some time to comprehend why you did what you did: betraying her like that,” Twilight explained. “We all still do not understand completely why. But, your motive was clear.”

“I did it for power…and it has flawed our friendship,” Discord said earnestly. Twilight grinned and blinked only once before shaking her head and chuckling.

“You and I are full of faults just like the decisions we make that affect our life—but we are not born this way and can only decide to live on with these faults that make us who we are,” Princess Twilight Sparkle told him.

“My fault?” Discord scoffed. “I feel that mine were sewn into my soul at birth.”

“Yes,” Twilight hissed, “I suppose it is like saying Rainbow Dash was born a homosexual.” Discord turned his head back at the alicorn and felt confused by the irrelevant statement.

“But, that doesn’t make sense…” Spike said, dumbfound.

“Rainbow Dash. She’s gay?” Discord’s eye twitched.

“Yes,” Twilight said loudly. “Hypocrite.”

“I have matters to attend,” Discord bit his tongue. “And I’m not gay!” He snapped and this time it was silent as he disappeared from the room.

The magic on Spike’s lips dissolved.

“He totally digs her,” he snickered.

“No shit, sherclop.” Twilight slumped in her seat.

Author's Note:

I apologize in advance. I wasn't as lazy as too accidently quick with the development of the chapter on this one. My mind's flustered right now and emotions are tangled. I don't know what to do with myself right now and since I skipped school today I have to worry about the shit-load of homework and school work I have to catch up on.

Oh well, there's still the shoot of adrenaline and dopamine I feel when I look at what words senpai has sent me today