• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 1,261 Views, 8 Comments

This New World. - Sanquil



Steve is suddenly transported to Equestria. What shall transpire?

  • ...
1
 8
 1,261

Life Four

THUD!

I respawned, thinking of all the current ways of death in this strange, round world. So far, I have been killed by wooden wolves, barrels, and a cat. I should make a note to stay away from those (Stay away from wolves, cats, and barrels. There, done.)

With relative ease, I found myself back at the town. Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, and Fluttershy were waiting at the town square. Rarity had her (shudder) cat, Opalessence, with her. Fluttershy shied away from me, considering she just saw me die. Twilight was, well, Twilight.

"You see, Twilight, the dress is made of a special material that Zecora whipped up for me. She told me 'It is made from otherworldly materials that came to her just a day ago.' I said, 'I don't care WHERE it care from, I just want MORE of it!' It is absolutely Fabulous, wouldn't you agree, Opal, dear?" The cat showed little to no interest. Instead, Opalessence decided to leave the conversation, making it safe for me to approach. Don't want to get my face violently mauled by the cat's claws...again.

"Hey." I said, sitting next to Twilight. Fluttershy shied away a little bit more. "Sorry about the... death... thing. Anyways, what are you guys talking about?"

"Oh," Rarity started up, flipping her hair/mane thing to the side, "We were just talking about the dress I tailored especially for Princess Luna." Turning back to Twilight, she said, "Isn't it simply wonderful?"

I didn't stick around to hear the rest of the conversation. As far as I could tell, the dress isn't for protection. The way I see it, if it isn't to protect you from danger, why even bother to waste the leather/iron/gold (nope)/diamonds to make it. And so I left, wondering where I could find something else to do.

I hadn't much more than a few yards when I encountered the spiky, electric blue maned, dubstep pony. She had on some weird head mitten things that were blasting out music. I decided that there was nothing better for me to do, so I approached her. She was bobbing her head up and down to the beat of the fast paced music.

"Hey," I started, attempting to get her attention. "Hello? HELLO?" Ponies were starting to stare at me, so I decided to tap her shoulder instead of trying to match the volume of her music.

"Oh, hey," She said, removing her music head thing. "I couldn't hear you over my beats. So, what's up?"

I stared at her for a minute, lost in thought and amazement on how she retains her hearing. Even now, I can her every note played through her music thing. It's simply crazy, but then so is this world.

"Oh, sorry," I said, breaking out of my own trance, "I just thought since I have nothing better to do, I would find out more about the population here in..." I wracked my brain for the name of the country/planet/universe I was in.

"Equestria?" She answered for me.

"Yes," I started back up. "Equestria. Anyways, when I was with Twilight, you and your roommate really caught my eye. Want to hang out?"

"Man, how FUN that would be, but," The white pony replied, "I got this DJ gig I gotta do. You can go hang with Tavi, though. She should still be at the house. Anyways, cya later blocky man!" The pony then dashed off, placing her music head box on her ears, making a turn a couple blocks down.

"Well." I thought, contemplating what to do. I hadn't gotten the name of the DJ pony that I just talked to and I've been invited to hang out with her roommate. "How could this go wrong?"

Author's Note:

I know this chapter is short, but the next one will be just as short... probably. Please forgive me for the lack of everything in this chapter and in stories in general (I know I'm pretty much talking to an invisible audience, except for the 3-ish people who read this.), I've just been busy with school and games and life and etc.