• Published 9th Aug 2014
  • 2,360 Views, 15 Comments

Into the Twilight - Midnight_Eclipse



After the fallout of Discord unleashing literal hell on Equestria, Twilight tries to live a peaceful life but things are never that easy when you're royalty and a creature of the night.

  • ...
17
 15
 2,360

Chapter 3(unedited)

By: Midnight_Eclipse


Chapter 3

The two celestial princesses dodged out of the way of an incoming massive tree, speeding straight for them. However, Twilight did not budge. In fact, she scowled as she stared at the incoming tree that had been flung by one of the Ursa Majors. After dodging, the two princesses looked back to see Twilight still in the line of fire. Celestia was the first one to call out. "Twilight! MOVE!" She called and readied her magic but she was too late. The tree was now mere inches away from her student but then, the tree was sliced down the center, allowing the two halves to fly passed the lavender princess, smashing into the ground on either side of her. Twilight had sliced the tree with her scythe at the last possible moment. Twilight spun her scythe above her head before aiming it at the Ursa, snarling darkly as she bared her fangs.

The princesses stared at the lavender mare but only Celestia was in shock as to what just happened. Did her student just do that? Even she wasn't fast enough to do something like that, Tartarus, she doubted even Luna was that fast. Luna, on the other hoof, just stood there amused at her sister's disbelieving look. It amused her to no end to see her sister in such a state. Twilight, however, stood there baring her fangs and snarling a deep and feral snarl. Her eyes were glowing a bright crimson as she glared at the Ursa that threw the tree at her. "You foolish bear. I let you live once. I won't let it happen again." The cold bite in her voice was enough to send chills down her mentor's spine as Twilight flapped her large bat wings and took to the air.

Luna and Celestia stood there for a moment, watching Twilight before they too, took to the air, brandishing their weapons. Twilight launched herself at the Ursa that threw the tree at her, the same one she realized was the one she let escape with it's life only the day before. She wasn't about to make that mistake again. She was going to show these foolish creatures who the dominate species was. The blade of her sinister death scythe seemed to burst into black flames with a hint of crimson dancing within the black flames. "I'm going to obliterate you from existence!" She bellowed from above before she dove down at near impossible speeds, Luna and Celestia doing the same with two others.

Twilight narrowly avoided a clean swipe of it's paw, that would have easily cleaved her head from her shoulders, even with her being a vampire. She spun around the attack and delivered a massive kick to the side of it's head, knocking the beast back several feet before she fired a large beam of black magic at the beast before he had time to react, this time, sending him flying into the air and landing flat on its back, creating a massive quake from the impact. Twilight growled low as she glared at the Ursa she sent flying. The sun princess dodged a few strikes from the Ursa she was fighting as she seen the one fly passed, landing on its back. Blinking, she looked back to see Twilight. Did Twilight just do that? When did she become so strong? She was forced from her musing when she was struck against her back by a massive starry paw, slamming her into the ground hard, causing her to cry out in pain.

"CELESTIA!" The voice of Twilight was filled with utter rage as she rushed to her mentor's side, picking the solar princess up in her arms. Celestia groaned as she opened her eyes to look up at Twilight with a pained smile. "Heh...sorry Twilight. I was caught off guard. No need to worry, my dear." She spoke as she sat up, which allowed the back of her armor to fully crumble, falling to the ground which burst into streams of light, vanishing. Twilight gave a small smile, revealing her fangs and unintentionally sending a chill up the princess' spine, which Twilight took notice of and frowned, covering her fangs. Celestia merely smiled as she leaned in and kissed Twilight's forehead. It was the kind of kiss a mother would give their daughter.

Twilight smiled at the kiss before standing up. It was time she dealt with these beasts now. No more holding back. Twilight then turned towards the beasts as her eyes glowed with the darkest shade of red. Black tendrils of pure black magic began to twist and lash about from her body as her body had a black glowing outline. The lavender mare then lifted into the air slowly as she called out to the beasts but her voice was eerily calm as black smoke began to swirl around the mare's body, giving her a sinister look. "Alright, you stupid bears." As she spoke, the five bears, including the one she knocked down and got back up, turned to look at her. "No more holding back. You five have pissed me off by attacking my mother..." That statement shocked both princesses but Celestia smiled a little bit as well.She sees me as a second mother? Twilight....She smiled to herself but then frowned as she began taking in the new power Twilight was giving off. She...said no more holding back. You mean to tell me she's been holding back?! That very thought sent a chill down her spine as Twilight growled low.

In a burst of speed that instantly caused a sonic boom in her wake, Twilight flew at the first bear, landing a kick to his chest and sending him flying several feet back and landing on his back, roaring in pure agony. Twilight growled as her fangs were bared and seemed to grow longer and sharper. The princesses looked on in awe at the ungodly speed and strength the lavender princess had just shown. Luna seen what was happening before she flew down and landed beside her sister, helping her to her hooves as she looked at Twilight with fear in her eyes. Oh no...oh dear mother please no. Not again...The lunar princess watched in fear before looking at her sister. "Sister, we must get back! Now!" She cried out as she looked back to Twilight who now had pure smoke for a mane and tail. Her eyes widened as she grabbed her sister and flashed away in a burst of magic, appearing several feet away.

Celestia had never seen her sister with fear in her eyes before and it seemed to be directed towards Twilight. She was about to ask what was wrong when she was teleported away. After appearing, she looked at her sister, who was still looking on in fear. "Luna?" The solar princess called gently, trying to get her sister's attention. Luna jolted from her fear induced shock, looking at her sister. "Sister, this...this is bad. It seems you getting hurt triggered Twilight's seal to weaken." This only was met with a confused look from the sun princess, which the Lunar princess merely sighed. "Let me start from the beginning. It all started during the great darkness." Just the mere thought of that time caused both princesses to shiver. "Twilight was on her way back from the forest, when she noticed her friend, Pinkamena, laying in a pool of blood." The Lunar princess began to recount the tale.

Before she could continue, a massive explosion of magic rocketed through the field they were in, causing the princesses to shield their eyes with their wings. As the magic settled, they looked up to see the explosion came from Twilight, who had gained a darker shade to her coat and was now sporting a demonic looking set of armor that looked something like Nightmare Moon's, only much more sinister. The look in her eyes was that of pure insanity with murderous intent. "Oh no...." Whispered the Lunar princess as the creature, formerly known as Twilight Sparkle, growled a low feral growl before she spoke up in a voice that echoed with a second, more demonic voice. "....You've broken the seal. I should thank you." She growled low as she hovered above the five bears. "I'll do just that...by killing you."

Celestia's eyes widened as she took in Twilight's new appearance and that voice. That was most certainly not The mare who had claimed her as a mother. Luna on the other hoof, shook in fear as she stared up at the creature floating in the sky. Her mane and tail, both made of pure smoke, bellowed behind her as smoke swirled around her body. "Ruby...Obsidia." Spoke the lunar mare in a low, fearful tone as she backed away slowly. Celestia looked at her sister as she backed away. She's never shown this much fear...or fear at all towards anypony or creature. Tartarus, she didn't even show fear when facing Discord the first time...The solar mare thought as she spoke up to her fearful sister. "Luna...who is...Ruby Obsidia?" The solar mare asked softly as her sister looked over at her, fear still in her eyes.

The fear in her eyes was almost painful to look at. And the bond the two had, she could feel the fear radiating from her lunar counterpart. "Well, Twilight healed Pinkamena but she forgot it was time to feed, which is what she was on her way to do. Pinkamena allowed Twilight to feed on her." Luna gulped as she looked back to the demonic mare just as she flew down at speeds normal ponies couldn't even dream of following, not just landing a kick to the bear nearest to her but kicking right straight through the beast, causing it to cry out in agony as it fell to the ground with a loud crash, all the while, Ruby Obsidia wore a dark and sadistic smirk on her maw. Luna looked over at her sister, with a grim look about her. "Pinkamena at the time, unintentionally caused the darkness that was inside Twilight to develop a mind of it's own. You see, Pinkamena had a decease that ran through her blood that caused her madness and when Twilight drink from her, that madness transferred over to Twilight." The Lunar princess continued her tale of how the creature known as Ruby Obsidia came to be as she watched on with horror.

Ruby held her sadistic, fanged grin as she looked on, watching the bear she kicked a hole clean through die from blood loss, slowly and painfully. It was such a pleasure to watch! The suffering, the agony, the pain the bear must have been going through. It was almost orgasmic! The sadistic mare watched as the other four charged her, intending on killing the puny mare who killed their brethren. However, Ruby continued to hover in mid air as one bear swiped its paw at her, only for it to be stopped by a mere hoof, much to the surprise of both princesses who were watching in awe below and the bear who swiped it's paw. Ruby grinned as she grabbed a hold of the bear's paw with her magic, which was not lavender like it normally was, but instead it was an eerie jet black. The Solar princess gasped at what happened next. Ruby, pulling her head to the side, just barely, the bear's paw in which she stopped, was ripped clean off it's body, causing it to roar out in pure agony.

As the bear fell back, holding its stub of a paw, the solar princess couldn't hold out any longer. She lost her breakfast all over the ground. Never in her life has she seen such brutal and merciless torture and to an Ursa Major at that. Even Discord wasn't THAT brutal! She should know. She was there when he first ruled and when he was brought down. Of course, she knew this because she was one of the ones to bring the god down. But here, she watched as her beloved student, the little filly she took in as a student and thought of as a daughter, mangle a beast that even she and her sister would have trouble with. Meanwhile, Ruby Obsidia held her sadistic grin as she watched with morbid delight as the beast roared in agony. The beast's severed limb hung in the dark alicorn's magic. "You pathetic mortals. You're nothing compared to my power!" The dark alicorn roared.

Celestia had enough of this. Finally gathering her composure, she spread her wings and took to the air fast, before her sister could protest. Stopping behind the thing known as Ruby Obsidia. Her face bore a neutral expression as she stared at the dark alicorn. "Ruby Obsidia." The solar alicorn spoke up in a stern tone. The beast turned around to see the solar alicorn and snorted. "Oh. Celestia." The beast spoke simply as she stared at the solar princess. Celestia merely stared at the beast that was once her beloved student and daughter figure. She couldn't believe such a thing was even possible. Twilight, the little filly she practically raised, had just transformed into this....thing, right before her eyes. While her mind was still trying to process the happenings, the beast smirked sadistically. "What do I owe the pleasure?" Even her voice sounded wrong! It seemed to be a mix of her own, sweet and innocent tone coupled with a more dark and sinister one. Almost demonic. It was most defiantly something the solar alicorn thought she'd never hear from her most faithful student.


Meanwhile, back in ponyville, a certain pink unicorn was hammering away at a new sword she was forging. Or at least, she was until she heard a loud roar of an Ursa Major, followed by loud crashing sounds. The timid mare blinked a bit as she looked up and towards the everfree forest. "What...was that?" She asked aloud but then a sense of dread washed over her. No...please no! Not her! Anything but her! The thought of that....thing being brought back into this world...it was unthinkable! And even scary to the unicorn. So, the unicorn did the only thing she could think of. She ran but surprisingly, towards the danger. She had to get to the fight and soon before something terrible happens, mainly, to her beloved marefriend. Why now of all times? The seal had weakened to the point of near breaking, allowing the demon inside Twilight to be set free! She had to get there, and quickly!

The villagers of the remote town of ponyville watched in bewilderment as the normal timid and skittish pink mare from the alternate universe, ran towards where that terrible sound came from. Dread had washed up over the town once they heard the noise and were all out in the streets looking towards the Everfree, noticing the princesses and some ethereal looking bears fighting. Only, one of the princesses...didn't look like she normally did. She was some...demonic alicorn...thing and she seemed to be opposing the other princesses. That, was the source of their awe struck and dread.

As the pink mare neared the edge of town, she could now see what she was hoping and praying to Celestia, tartarus, even Discord, that wasn't true. The demon had broke free and now is on the loose. She had to get there! She was the only one to stop the monster that was known as Ruby Obsidia. The pink mare had stopped on the outskirts of ponyville, staring up at the two alicorns before looking down at the moon princess staring up in fear. The same fear she, herself, once harbored for her own queen. So, princess Luna knows what that monster is capable of? The pink mare thought before galloping over as fast as she could.


High in the shy above the everfree, hovered two of the most powerful being in all Equestria. Possibly, THE two most powerful. It was about to be a showdown like no other and Ponyville was about to get caught in the crossfire.....or it would have if it wasn't for the massive purple dome that formed over the town. Seeing this, Princess Celestia, not taking her eyes off the demon, spread out her senses and she could feel the one who formed it. The only one to form such a powerful dome. Her beloved former captain of the guard, now prince of the Crystal Empire, who was standing in the middle of town, surrounded by the other bearers of harmony, and his wife, Princess Cadence. It was a welcome sight to behold. Thank you, Shining Armor. The princess thought with a thankful smile but she lost it as soon as it formed when she heard a dark and chilling laughter ring out. "Ahahaha! You foolish mortals! Doth thou not knoweth who thou art dealing with?!" The demon growled out as wave after wave of pure darkness rushed forth, forcing the princesses and the pink unicorn to shield themselves from the powerful darkness.

After the darkness faded, but only a bit, the ponies were able to unblock their eyes to see the demon grinning darkly down at them. Celestia was the one to recover from their stunned silence to finally speak as her gaze hardened. "Ruby, you have taken up residence in my beloved student. It is time for you to go." She spoke sternly as she glared daggers at the demon that has taken her student. The demon laughed once more as her smokey mane and tail swirled and waved behind her. Red bolts of lightning crackled within her smokey mane as she smirked deviously. "You, foolish princess. I don't understand how you could be so blind! Me and Twilight? Are one and the same!" She cackled with sinister delight. "I am her darkness that she kept at bay for all these years!" Grinning, she slowly hovered closer to the princess. "Don't you know? If you fill a balloon up so full, it'll eventually burst." Giggling darkly, the dark alicorn vanished in a poof of smoke, appearing higher in the air.

Those around looked up in curiosity. What could the demon possibly have up her metaphorical sleeve? The dark alicorn smirked deviously as she turned to face the Ursas that were now lined up but only four were alive and one of those had a missing limb. "Time to die, fools." She spoke simply before she clopped her front hooves together rearing up on her hind legs while red sparks crackled along her body. Eyes faded to a pitch black as her fiendish grin got even more sinister, if that were possible. Her horn glowed with the darkest of black, a black so dark, it seemed like the very light around her was being drained and smothered. "Welcome...." She started as she lifted her hooves high above her head, which caused the aura from her horn to bleed off into her hooves. "To...." She continued as she pulled her hooves apart slowly, revealing a ball of pure darkness forming between her hooves, growing by the second. The further she pulled her hooves apart, the larger the ball of darkness became and the more power it was giving off. In mere moments, her hooves had parted as far as they could go, revealing the ball had grown to the size of a miniature sun, hovering in mid air above them all, sucking out the light around the massive orb. "OBLIVION!" And with that final word, she chucked the ball at the beasts before her.

The princesses seen the ball forming and felt the power. No mere mortal could gather that much raw dark energy and live! Tartarus, even Discord, who is a god, couldn't gather that much raw dark energy. Celestia instantly teleported down to her sister and the pink mare, casting a shield to counteract the darkness, protecting the three ponies from extinction. Such a blast would utterly wipe three cities twice the size of Canterlot clean off the map! Well, without the proper protection anyway. She had complete faith in her former captain to protect the small town of Ponyville. While her captain was protecting the town and it's ponies, she had to protect the pink unicorn and her sister....who had just snapped out of her stupor to fire her horn and empower the shield the solar mare was casting! Luna turned to her sister, smiled and nodded while she held the power of their combined shield. Celestia smiled warmly as she braced herself for the blast of dark magical power to strike the ground.

It only took two point three five seconds before the blast had struck. The blast completely obliterated the starry beasts and a good five miles of the forest along with the beasts. The blast of magical energy send out a wave of power in all directions with the force of an atom bomb. The princesses struggled to keep their powerful shield in tact while Shining Armor did the same but since the princesses were right at ground zero, their shield was starting to crack under the powerful blast of darkness. It was all they could do to maintain the shield, all the while, the pink mare cowered behind the princesses, shivering like a leaf. "T-Twi-light...." She stuttered meekly, staring at the dark alicorn who was laughing in morbid delight at the devastation she had wrought.

As quickly as the blast struck, its devastation had faded, leaving behind a massive twenty feet deep crater that was five miles in diameter. The princesses lowered the shield to stare at the devastation in a mix of fear, anger, and deep sadness for the animals that lost their lives in the blast and any other pony that had been in the forest at the time of the explosion of magical energy. No pony could have survived that! All the while, Ruby Obsidia laughed in pure delight at the destruction. To her, it was complete magical to behold! Celestia, who had enough of this demon, let out a very un-celestia-like growl before flaring her wings and taking to the skies. She stopped and hovered right behind the dark alicorn as she glared daggers at her. This demon had to go and she knew she'd have to fight in order to force her to go but could she really fight Twilight? She had to! I can just hear her now. 'Do it princess! I'd rather die than be in the state I am now! Do it!' Hehe...it's not that simple...my dear Twilight. The princess thought sadly but her expression never wavered.

The demon, finally coming down off her insane high, looked back, over her shoulder at the solar princess. Smirking deviously, she winked. "You angry at me, Celly? Good. I like angry. I can do angry." The dark alicorn taunted with another dark little giggle but she was cut short as she was blasted in the face by a magical blast of yellow energy, sending her back a little ways, reeling in pain but only for a moment before she looked at the solar mare. "Holy magic. That's something I've not seen in a long time. Since the Great Darkness, as you seemed to have dubbed it." She chuckled again before she stood up on her hind hooves, summoning her scythe in her front hooves, brandishing it. Celestia summoning her long sword and shield of pure sun light.


Down on the ground, inside the massive dome around ponyville, the ponies of the town stared in awe at the destruction but then realized things were about to get real ugly as two alicorns were about to go head to head in an all out war. Some were in fear for the battle to come, others were really excited due to the fact they've never seen two alicorns battle before. As for the seven ponies lined up watching with a mix of fear, excitement, and deep sadness, they just watched, unable to do anything in the fight. The element bearers, Shining Armor and princess Cadence, watched helplessly as two of their closest friends were about to go head to head.

Meanwhile, ponies that were more on the excited side, were actually starting a betting pool in a small group in the back. "My bits are on the princess!" One mare called out, placing her bits in a bucket. "Mine are on the demonic alicorn! Look at her! She can easily best the princess!" A stallion had called, placing his bits in. "Mine are on the muffin!" This time it was Ditzy Doo who chimed in with her walled-eye expression and innocent smile. All who heard, merely shook their heads and giggled at her antics. Only Ditzy would make a bet on a muffin. Just Ditzy Doo for you.

While the betting was going on, it was the rainbow maned pegasus who finally broke from their silence. She flew into the air with a massive grin on her face. "This is going to be so AWESOME!" But it was the white unicorn who scoffed at her antic with a disappointed frown. "I say, darling, do calm down? Our best friend and our princess are about to wage war on one another and you think it's 'awesome'?" She scolded with her frown. She had to be the more reasonable one of the bunch now that Twilight wasn't with them, at least for the time being, anyway. Rainbow merely looked down at the white unicorn, smirking in delight still. "Oh can it, Rarity. Don't you see? This is a once in a life time experience! The two most powerful alicorns are about to go head to head in an all out, no holds bar, war! It's. Going to be. EPIC!" She did a few back flips in mid air, giggling like a school filly.

The pink earth pony merely stood there, but her mane and tail had gone flat while she now sported a deep saddened look while she watched the goings-on outside the dome, completely ignoring the two other ponies or any other pony for that matter. She was to focused on trying to find a way to help her friends smile again but she was utterly helpless to do so. How could this have happened? Was she so focused with her baking that she forgot to help her friend smile? Was she not good enough? All these questions swirled in her head as she watched the battle that was about to start.

The yellow pegasus, did the only thing she could do. Cower behind her friends in complete fear, whimpering like a little foal. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she cowered behind the pink earth mare in front of her while the orange earth mare looked down at the cowering mare. Frowning sadly, she gently placed a hoof around her, trying her best to comfort the whimpering mare. Turning her gaze back to the fight, her frown only deepened. "Twi...." She spoke softly in a saddened tone. What could she do? She needed to help! What how? She might be an element of harmony but she was still a mere earth pony farmer. How could she help in a fight that was between the two most powerful alicorns in existence? There was just no way she could ever hope to help in a fight of that magnitude.

Princess Cadence had a sad frown as she watched the fight. She wasn't as powerful as Twilight or both her aunts, so even with her being an alicorn, she was only the alicorn of love. She had no fighting experience to speak of. Celestia had centuries. Twilight had quite a few years herself, even though she was rather young and even Luna had combat experience, but she herself had none. She was always on her throne while her ponies did the fighting, along side her husband, Shining Armor. She knew she had no chance in a fight, especially against a super powered alicorn like Twilight but she had to do something.

Shining Armor must have sensed what she was going to do, because he put out a hoof, blocking her path as he looked over at the mare with a frown and a shake of his head as she looked back at him. With a sad look, the unicorn spoke softly. "No, Cady. Don't. You'll die if you entered this fight. Only Celestia can stand up against Twily in this state and you know it..." The pink mare opened her mouth for her objection but she was quickly silenced by a white hoof gently being placed on her maw. "No buts, Cady. You know I'm right." Frowning, the princess gave a small nod as she went back to observing the fight.


"Now Celly, show me what you got!" The alicorn called with a dark grin on her maw while she brandished her scythe. Celestia frowned sadly as she watched the demon before her. So it had begun. It was time to fight...her most beloved student. Not just sparing but an all out battle. The fight for all Equestria, possibly the world, had begun. Celestia verses Twilight Sparkle, or Ruby Obsidia. This was going to be a tough battle for the princess and she knew it. Now, brandishing her own weapon and shield, she gave a nod to the demon. "Let's go, Ruby." As she spoke that, she charged and at the same time, Ruby charged as well. They met in the middle with Scythe meeting long sword as a loud metal to metal sound echoed, followed by a shock wave shooting outwards. The alicorns stayed locked as their eyes stared into one another with the demon grinning still and Celestia bore a determined look.

All the ponies below stopped talking instantly as they felt the shock wave strike the shield that protected them. The battle had begun and they looked evenly matched in raw strength. They all stared up in stunned silence but more than a few ponies had a look of pure terror on their faces. They have never seen such power and it terrified them to their very bones. Even princess Cadence was stunned into silence. She didn't know Twilight had such power to stack up with Celestia. Of course she knew she had power stronger than Luna but she had no idea her power was equal to Celestia's. It was practically unheard of! Where did she get so much power? Could it be the demon that's empowering her or did Twilight truly have this power and nopony knew? One thing was for certain. This was going to be a battle for the history books. One that will reshape the very lands themselves!


To Be Continued...