• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 398 Views, 1 Comments

More Than a Love Triangle - KingNyroc15



Soren is somewhat of a sucker for cute mares. Can he stay loyal to Rainbow Dash when three more mares want him for themselves?

  • ...
 1
 398

Chapter 6

Soren awoke the next morning holding his marefriend. She smiled as she opened her eyes and looked at him. She laughed a little.

"I would be able to tell it's morning even with my eyes closed." She pointed down. Soren knew what she was referring too and blushed.

"S-Sorry. Can't help that."

"Don't worry about it. I'll try not to be too eager." Soren nuzzled her neck.

"It's not something that can happen whenever we want. You know what might happen on accident. Don't worry, we'll make a family in the future." She returned the nuzzle.

"Definitely. I'm going to see who else is awake. You take care of...that." Rainbow jumped out of bed and walked into the hallway.

"Umm..." How to proceed? "I guess I'll wait then?"

Meanwhile, Luna and Chroma were awake downstairs. They were talking about how the government works with two princesses.

"So since Celestia had most of control before you returned, you are somewhat more of a vice-president or second-in-command?"

"Correct. We have say in political matters, but only slightly less than my sister. Celestia handles most legal matters. She tells us she is used to it and that we should not fret. We spend our free time learning of the history we missed and what could possibly happen in the future. We also create hypotheses on various subjects we are learning as well."

"No offense, but Soren was right: You are definitely out of his league. A genius mare like yourself? Can't really see the two of you dating for very long."

"Oh?" She took on a more teasing voice. "Do you think you are within our league?" She smiled at him.

"What?! N-No, I-I wasn't insinuating that I...that we should..." Luna giggled.

"It is alright, Chroma. We are merely...pulling your hoof. You can relax."

"That wasn't funny," he pouted slightly. "Be honest. You didn't come here to watch Nyra, did you? You're here for Soren."

"We suppose it is that obvious. We miss Soren. Regardless of our previous memory loss and the fact that he has found a more suitable mate, we will always miss his company and the feeling he gave us during our relationship."

"You felt loved, and I assume you don't feel that way besides sisterly love with Celestia, correct?" Luna nodded. There was silence for a time.

"Nyra kissed Soren," Luna said suddenly. "We saw it in his dreams last night. It showed them in an alleyway, probably where he first saw her a few days ago. He pulled away quickly, but now he feels a tad confused."

"Why? He has Rainbow. Why would he—?"

"Hey, guys," Rainbow greeted as she descended the staircase. "How long have you two been up?"

"Almost an hour," Luna answered. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yep. This might be a random question, but do you guys think Nyra is acting a little strange?"

"How so?"

"She's a lot different then the dying mare I technically killed a long time ago. She's more...flirty."

"Do not think too much of it. Bat ponies and Lunar Guards alike always deal with slightly more hormones than normal ponies."

"Alright. Did you guys eat breakfast yet?" As Rainbow and Luna continued to speak with each other, Chroma saw something moving in his peripheral vision. He glanced over and saw Pinkamena silently walking to the stairs. After the mare went upstairs, Chroma decided to follow her.

"If you're going to start breakfast, let me go fetch Soren," Chroma told Rainbow and Luna.

"Ok, but be careful, he's dealing with his 'morning incident' to be courteous to his company. It's your fault if you walk in on that."

As Chroma walked up the stairs, he had one, or two, thoughts on his mind. It's for a friend, it's for a friend, it's for a friend...and DO NOT think about THAT! He saw Soren's bedroom cracked open. He peeked inside and saw Soren talking to Pinkamena.

"Oh come on, it's not fair that I wasn't there when you woke up," she said.

"No, I didn't even do anything with Rainbow. We aren't ready for that yet, so I'm definitely not going to do it with you."

"It's not like I'm going to have your kids or anything. I know ways around it." Soren pinched between his eyes and sighed.

"Please...just go downstairs."

"Fine, but next time I at least want to see." Chroma fell to the floor on the left side of the door opposite the staircase. Pinkamena walked out and before she descended the stairs, she commented, "He's all yours, Chroma."

He was stunned. How...? was he only thought before knocking on Soren's door and walking in. Soren was laying on his back under the covers, hooves covering his eyes.

"Mares, I tell ya," he said to Chroma. "I swear they have to be in heat or something!"

"I take it she wasn't the first one out of her, Luna, and Nyra to attempt to have sex?"

"Nope. Nyra was practically a thrust away from starting it last night. I already know how Rainbow stands on the subject. Sex almost always leads to pregnancy. We're going to wait on that."

"Smart move. Slightly too young to start a family. I'm sure you'll make great parents."

"Considering the things that happen to me, I might fear for my kids' lives. Enough about family and the future. Right now I have to figure out what to do about these mares."

"You're the first stallion I've heard complain about having too many mares come onto him."

"I don't care! I like my relationship with Rainbow Dash. I don't want to mess that up."

"I know. That was probably poor timing for a joke."

"Any ideas?"

"Well...my immediate thought is for you to ask Rainbow Dash how she feels about having you as her coltfriend but you having—what's it called—friends with benefits at the same time."

"How will that even work?"

"I don't know. Oh! There is one thing, but it's only practiced rarely. It's called a herd. One male has multiple female partners. Certain tribes still practice it. Why not create one with these girls?"

"Although that would be the best solution, I couldn't do it. Each mare wants me for herself. See the problem?" Chroma shakes his head disappointedly with eyes closed.

"Why did you have to get into this mess?"

"I don't know! I'm the Doctor?" Chroma smacked Soren with a magically-created hoof.

"Really? A magical hoof?"

"I don't like to physically hurt ponies."

"But you just—"

"I know."

"But you—"

"Is now really the time, Soren?!" Soren groaned. "How are you going to get out of this predicament?"

"I don't know. I don't want to hurt any of them."

"You have to choose one."

"Do I?"

"Yes, you do. You just said it yourself. Having multiple marefriends isn't possible with them. Can't you narrow it down?"

"Well, I can't say I love Pinkamena as much as the others. She's the one who came onto me."

"In more than one way..."

"Shut up. We didn't even have sex. Let's see...Luna was more of a crush than true love."

"But you don't want to hurt her. I learned that she does still love you. She might actually come onto you as well."

"Oh great. But yes, I don't want to hurt her. Nyra and Rainbow are the hardest to choose from."

"Hmm, Nyra Melody..."

"You think you know who I want?"

"No, I'm just testing names to see how good they sound."

"I wouldn't expect them to take my adopted last name."

"What about the Melody Family bloodline?"

"Octavia will pass down the family. I'm not even related to her by blood."

"In any case, you should pick one of the girls soon. Who knows if there will be consequences if you don't?" Chroma chose to leave the bedroom. Soren continued to lay on his bed and stare at the ceiling.

--------------

Soren spent today looking over the library. He received occasional visits from the girls and Chroma, but most of the time he was spent alone with books and his thoughts. About midway through the day, a scroll arrived for him and landed upon a wooden desk. He picked up; it was from Twilight.

Hello again, Soren

I hope you aren't too bored over there. You have Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie with you after all. Princess Celestia told me Luna traveled to Ponyville; maybe you are already spending time with her by now. Also, maybe Chroma could teach you a few things, or you could teach him. There's also performing and singing. I can't really help you too much since I'm away, but I'm sure you will find something. See you in a few days.

Your friend,
Twilight Sparkle

Soren had to tell her. He put down the scroll, levitated a quill and a fresh scroll over to him, and wrote a response. In the letter, he told her how Nyra appeared the same day he sent the last letter. He also told her of Luna and Pinkamena and that the three mares have been flirting with him. He had to be honest and say that he was 'second guessing himself over which mare to choose.' He felt ashamed just writing it; he didn't know what to do. He knew what the right answer was, so why was he second guessing himself?

He finished writing, ignited his face, and sent the scroll. He wiped away the small patches of soot and walked to the library doors. It wasn't the end of his shift yet, but he really needed to be home. Closing the front door, Soren turned over a sign on the door so it read 'Be back soon.'