• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 398 Views, 1 Comments

More Than a Love Triangle - KingNyroc15



Soren is somewhat of a sucker for cute mares. Can he stay loyal to Rainbow Dash when three more mares want him for themselves?

  • ...
 1
 398

Chapter 2

Soren and Nyra continued through Ponyville, the former leading them to his house. Soren constantly glanced at Nyra with a questionable look.

"Can I help you?" she asked eventually and with a smile.

"Not that I'm not excited you're alive, but...how? And why?"

"You'll find out sooner or later. Can't you just be happy I'm back?"

"Another thing, why the..."

"The kiss~?" She looked at him with teasing eyes, and he responded blushing. They finally made it to Soren's house. He stepped up to the front door, opened it, and gestured for Nyra to enter first.

"Here we are. Home sweet home."
As she entered, Nyra took in the basic home. Nothing really caught her eye; all she saw was a couch in front of a television with a fireplace next to the TV, the kitchen connecting to the living room with one doorway, stairs leading to a second floor, and a dining table in one corner of the first floor.

"So this is what a home is," she whispered wistfully. Soren barely heard her. She's never...seen a home before? Has she even had one outside of the Canterlot Caves? Nyra saw a hallway on the opposite side of the living room. Down said hall was a door to the right, the left, and straight ahead, so she started towards them. Soren noticed and quickly stopped her.

"There's really nothing down there. Just a bathroom and a music room."

"Is that all?" she smirked, knowing he was lying. "Mind singing me a song?"

"What's with all these looks? And if I wasn't busy at the moment, I probably would. Right now, I'm supposed to deliver these decorations to Rainbow Dash. Just make yourself comfortable here until I get back, ok?" Nyra jumped onto the sofa and landed on her back, relaxing herself with both hooves behind her head and a hind leg crossed over the other.

"I think I can manage." Soren sighed and looked at her as he stopped in the doorway. She's different...but why? Rubbing his head, Soren closed the door and flew off to Rainbow's house.

After waiting a few minutes to make sure Soren was gone, Nyra stood up and looked down the hallway. She began walking forward and already saw that the bathroom was in the door straight ahead. A bathroom and a music room only, huh? she thought as she opened the left door.

She found herself in the music room Soren had mentioned. She saw plenty of instruments that she assumed Soren could play. There was a grand piano, two guitars (one electric, one acoustic), a bass
guitar, a violin, a cello (How many instruments can he play?!), and a strange dashboard with two set of two speakers stacked on top of each other next to it. Since the DJ stand was foreign to her, Nyra walked over to the piano and played random keys. Eventually, she tired of hearing a jumbled mess and decided to see what was in the room to the right.

Opening the door, Nyra walked into an almost barren square room. The only thing she saw was a nightstand against the wall opposite the door; an orb was on top of it and a scroll next to the orb. She picked up the scroll and read it aloud.

"Dear Soren,

Princess Celestia taught me an advanced spell that not many unicorns know about. This may be the answer to the problem you were explaining to me in your last letter. I have attached with this scroll a package that contains an orb with powerful magical properties. Do not take the following use lightly; we don't know what the negative effects will be!

To keep things basic, this orb will allow you to store your magic into it, thus removing the unicorn part of you temporarily. Simply touch your horn to the orb, focus on sending your magic to it, and it will do the rest. The amazing part is that when the magic-filled orb comes into contact with the pony whose magic is stored in it, it will immediately bestow the magic back into the user. If somepony manages to steal the orb with your magic stored inside, they will not be able to use it! Your magic will be safe regardless; plus, it is indestructible while stored with magic.

It took both Celestia and Luna to make this, so consider yourself the first pony to test something this powerful. I hope this clears one more thing off of your chest.

Your friend forever,
Twilight Sparkle

Nyra looked at the dark purple sphere. She was hesitant to try holding it in her hooves, so she decided against touching it. Why would Soren want something like this? Being an alicorn is amazing. Then again...I saw the look on his face as he held my dying body. He wanted it to end. Everything. The pain, the conflict. He wanted to stop.

Feeling sad, Nyra stepped out of the room and closed it. She looked at the ground, deep in thought, until the front door opened. She rushed to the couch, jumped over the back of the furniture, and landed in the same position as Soren last saw her in.

"Before you come in, I have to warn you. You will be very shocked at what you're about to see," Soren said to someone outside. He backed inside and let Rainbow Dash walk in. She looked around the house and saw nothing destroyed, burned, or missing. Then she looked at the bat pony laying on the couch and her eyes went wide.

"No..." she gaped.

"Yes," Soren said.

"It can't be."

"She's here in flesh and blood."

"Do you know why? Or—"

"Or how? Nope. Nyra? Care to enlighten us now?"

"What time is it?" she asked. Soren looked at the hanging clock on the wall.

"Almost 5. Why?"

Ding Dong

"...what?" Soren was confused; he didn't have a doorbell. He walked to the door, opened it, and was once again struck silent by who had suddenly appeared. Princess Luna was standing in the doorway, except she didn't look the same as he last saw her. She was back to her younger form, like when she was living in Ponyville with them. Same slender figure, shorter height but still slightly taller than Soren, and her mane was a solid light blue instead of nebulous. Her horn was glowing as she smiled at Soren.

"Hello, Soren. Do not mind the doorbell I created. I find it more polite than banging on the door. May we come in?" Soren smiled back. Still mixing her pronouns.

"Of course." Luna looked straight at Nyra and continued smiling.

"Hi, Princess. Thanks again for helping me get here."

"Wait, what?!" Rainbow exclaimed then pointed at Luna. "You brought her back to life?!" She nodded.

"My sister helped. We agreed that Nyra deserved a chance at life. She accepted redemption and even aided Soren's conscience when he was in an unknown world."

"I what now?" Nyra asked. "Aided his conscience in another world? How could I aid him when I was dead?" Everypony looked at Soren.

"Maybe I had a psychological breakdown after defeating Nightmare Moon? That would explain how I saw Nyra's spirit, who didn't blame me for her death. It would also explain why Nyra was in my head supposedly aiding me. But if that didn't happen..." He had a look of desperation as he made eye contact with Nyra. "Please tell me you don't blame me for your death."

"Why kind of stupid question is that? Of course I don't! I remember forgiving you after you defeat Nightmare Moon. I just don't remember helping your mind." Soren let out a big sigh.

"Anyway," he continued, "Luna, why are you and Nyra here?"

"We...I am here for no other reason than keeping an eye on her. I want to make sure she can have a life here in Ponyville. Surely she could stay with you until she finds a home?"

"Uhh, I guess I don't see a problem with that."

"If it is not too much trouble, we would also like to stay since we must monitor Nyra."

"Hmm, I only have one guest bedroom."

"Don't worry about it," Nyra said with a wave of her hoof. "The couch is plenty comfy for me. You can take the bedroom, princess." Rainbow stood close to Soren and whispered in his ear.

"This seems fishy."

"I know," he whispered back. "But at least I can keep an eye on them. Trust me." Rainbow made a noise of understanding.

Just then, a familiar light groaning noise echoed throughout the living room. Everyone's eye widened as they stood still, listening to the sound. Rainbow and Soren looked at each other; they have heard that noise countless times. A blue box slowly appeared next to the front door.

"Oh come on!" Soren exclaimed, throwing his hooves in the air. "What now?!"

Once it landed, the TARDIS doors opened and a pony was thrown out of it. The doors then slammed shut and the blue box began to disappear. No one said anything as the machine vanished, leaving a pink pony in front of them.

"Pinkie Pie?" Rainbow said. As the pink mare lay there, Soren noticed that Pinkie Pie's coloring was a tad darker than usual.

"No. Way..." he gasped. Rainbow realized it as well.

"Soren, is this that other version of Pinkie Pie you were telling us about?"

"Yeah..."

"And she tried to...?"

"Yep. Ok...there's only two ponies who could possibly fly the TARDIS besides me."

"It was probably the Doctor," Rainbow Dash guessed.

"No, that TARDIS has seen too much for it be his. I felt the memory of the alternate Ponyville within her. Someone piloted my TARDIS. It was either Twilight or Celestia."

"Since when does Celestia know how to fly that thing?"

"For as long as we knew," Luna intervened. "The dear Doctor showed us his contraption. We simply happened to learn...on the fly?" She made it into a question, for she was not 100% confident in her use of modern phrasing. "We are a quick study."

"I won't make assumptions. Let me just—"

"Soren!" Pinkamena exclaimed as she finally sat up, noticing him. "You're looking as good as ever." She was checking out Soren with a smirk, until he sat down with a pout and crossed his forelegs. "Why the sad face?" she teased.

"Sorry...been a crazy day," he said with a hint of irritation. "I'm sure you aren't familiar with Nyra, Princess Luna, and my Rainbow Dash...and my friend, Chroma." Soren gestured to each pony as he said their name, and Chroma had poked his head through the open doorway to see what the commotion was all about. Pinkamena looked at all of them.
"Ehh, the unicorn isn't my type." This drew a surprised 'what?' from Chroma; he remembered Pinkamena from the info Soren gave him. As a result, Chroma was familiar with Pinkamena's...antics.

"The bat pony I can have fun with," she continued, drawing a playful smile from Nyra. "And it is a pleasure to finally meet the princess. Hello, Luna. My name is Pinkamena."

"CHARMED!" the princess bellowed in her Royal Voice as it shook the house a bit. Pinkamena pulled Soren close.

"I bet she's a screamer," she whispered then giggled. Soren flushed and buried his face in his hooves.

"Did not. Need. To Hear that."

"Hear what?" Rainbow asked while Chroma held back laughter.

"Nothing! Let's move on!" Soren spoke rapidly. "Pinkamena, who brought you here?"

"Some mare who said I was needed here. She had smooth pink hair, light red coat, and light blue eyes. She said it would be a party where she was taking me, and I gotta say...she wasn't wrong." She gave a small laugh again.

"Sweet Luna, why is this happening?" Soren muttered. However, Luna still heard him.

"How are we—we mean I—supposed to know?" Now Chroma and Rainbow both burst out laughing.