• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 636 Views, 6 Comments

Twilight Sparkle, crazy ruler of the universe under Celestia's muzzle. - surprisepony



5 years ago, Twilight was crowned Princess of Friendship. She wants more than that as time goes on, because what exactly does the Princess of Friendship do for economy except sit and give lectures? She got the power and it went right to her head.

  • ...
 6
 636

And from then, things go spiraling downwards.

"Good news, I've kidnapped Cadence." announced a lilac alicorn known as Twilight.
"You have got to be kidding me." groaned Rainbow Dash.
"YOU KIDNAPPED YOUR OWN FOALSITTER??!!!" screeched Pinkie, slamming the great round table which six ponies were seated around with her hoof.
"I know you kidnapped Lyra for spying on you, but this is getting extremely ridiculous." voiced a beautiful mare with a pristine white coat.
"At least yah' let Lyra go- Now what here is going ta happen to Cadence?! She's family too Twi. You can't just do that!" said AJ.
Fluttershy ran out of the room quickly and stealthily, thinking Twilight was mad. Nopony noticed her slip out, luckily for her. She wasn't planning on being pulled back into the circle of death, as it seemed to be.

There was an ample amount of chatter, screeching and yelling before Twilight calmed them. Irritation was starting to appear on her face, her ears twitching. A pet hate for Twilight Sparkle was having ponies talk over her, and especially not when she was in the middle of explaining. Before going to extreme measures, she made meek calls of; "Everypony, everypony, please." Then, an enraged Twilight decided to take it to the top notch. She thumped her hoof loudly three times on the table before silence came, everypony freezing their mouths and turning heads, eyes shocked, and only a small gasp managing to escape. And even then, the tense silence was quickly broken by Applejack saying-

"So what's the deal here Twi? Why'dya do it?"
"Well as you know, I'd make a much better ruler than Celestia-"
"Like we haven't heard that one million times." said RD, rolling her eyes in boredom.
"So I thought I'd be on the right track by taking the crystal empire!" said the purple mare, clapping her hooves an ignoring Rainbow's comment.Her face was one of glee and pride, eyes closed like she was waiting for approval, similar to a foal and a corrected math problem.

"Well that's a bit too mu-" Rarity began, only to get interrupted by Pinkie.
"Anypony know where Fluttershy is? Oh, oh! I know! She's playing hide-and-seek! 1,2,3,4,5- ready or not, here I come!"
Rarity looked at Fluttershy's seat, to find out that Pinkie was indeed right.

"Fluttershy darling! Where are you?" said Rarity as Pinkie Pie crawled under the table and zoomed from curtain to curtain, peeking behind them.
"She has to be somewhere" said Dash.

Twilight thought for a moment, her shoulder devil winning the argument. Oh dear. There didn't seem to be much of the angel left. The angel hallucination looked like it had been dragged through a park, and it's energy was wasted like it had walked, no , RAN ten miles. It seemed to be panting;
"Come on *pant* Twilight, don't *pant* give *pant* in!"

An eyebrow on the devil raised in unamusement at the angel. It only needed to say two words to win.

"Give in."

Of course, all this only Twilight could see, and it was only a short argument in her mind, but it very much affected Twilight's choice of action.

"You look for Fluttershy, such importance as me shouldn't be bothered by that!" said Twilight, trotting out of the throneroom with her muzzle high in the air.

"Here she goes again, getting all high and mighty" said Applejack, and the present Elements of Harmony nodded in agreement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was actually heading to Fluttershy's cottage, she just wanted to find out if she was there HERSELF. Nowadays, there seemed to be so much difference in credit: when you do it as a team, you get less, but when you do it yourself, it's another bragging right.

She thought of how much Rainbow Dash liked to brag, even after the Mare Do Well 'episode'. She loved showing of her athletic skills, whilst Applejack was more modest. Rarity enjoyed a mild boast, only showing her most magnificent things, but exaggerating them well. Pinkie- well, when you're her, what is there to boast about? There was only one time when she had made a huge cake for the alicornation, and just gave a little tour round the cake, showing her marzipan elements of harmony gems, the fondant crown at the top and how she used zap apple jam for the filling and six different colors of batter, one for each level. Fluttershy did the opposite of boasting whenever a pony tossed her a compliment. Modesting? Modestifying? Humbling? Whatever it was, she did it. And as for herself, there was a lot to be proud of and she couldn't help showing off.

Eventually, after her long think, she reached Fluttershy's cottage. There was a note on the door. It was done in her trademark ink, turquoise-

Dear Mr Gardens, you're probably wondering why I'm not in. It's okay, please still do my geraniums, petunias and lilies. As you know, Fluffy the cactus does not need his water this week. I'll pay you double tomorrow, promise~ Fluttershy

Twilight giggled to herself. It was funny how she gave all her individual plants names. The lilac alicorn remembered Cotton, one of the first cacti she saw. Twilight Sparkle was about to go see if Cadence had recovered from her knockout, until a black object on Fluttershy's floor caught her eye. She took a closer look at the window that she could see the object from. It looked like a foam cylinder at first, but then she realized that it had a chain attached to the top, linking it to another black cylinder. She then saw that both of them had a sliver cap part...Nunchucks...

But why would Fluttershy have nunchucks? As far as Twi knew, Fluttershy wasn't any sort of martial arts specialist, and even then, weapons in Equestria were rare and one would have to have a license to own them. She would talk to Fluttershy when she reappeared, and ask if she did martial arts, just not mention the nunchucks and pretend she was never there. Twilight used a 'back to normal' spell to reattach the note to the door, and flew away when she saw a strong, beige stallion coming up the pathway with a watering can.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at Twilight's magnificent Castle (the lilac mare demanded they call it that, but when Twilight Sparkle wasn't around they called it Fort Crazy, and it was a standing joke that when writing to each other, in place of the words 'Fort Crazy' they did a small diagram of a castle and Twilight with derpy eyes, tongue stuck out and little spirals coming from her ears.) four Elements of Harmony were moving about the Castle, which seemed to have the same qualities of Doctor Whoove's TARDIS which only Pinkie had been in. They had no luck finding Fluttershy, because only after five minutes they gave up, and instead went to exploring the Castle, because Twilight didn't really want them going into any rooms other than the main hall and throne room with the exception of the few corridors it took to get to them.

Twilight's bedroom was perhaps the most heavily decorated room, and the library was even bigger than the great hall. Occasionally they called for Fluttershy, but she was never there. As they walked, they disussed about Fluttershy, and knowing her, she'd of probably made her way to the safety of her own home.
Wasting their time was not an option, as Twilight could be any minute, and they still had to make it to the throneroom before their now slightly snobby leader, made her way back so they stopped calling for the animal-loving pegasus. Rainbow suddenly began to get tired of flying her way through Fort Crazy, the reason being that all they had seen was corridors for the last minute, not a single unexplored room. She let out a groan, and explained why.

"I know sugarcube, but there's a door over there." said an orange earth pony, pointing to a distant door. It looked like it was going to take them more than a minute to get there. There was a plain pine door on the way, but the four friends had already discovered than pine meant prison or privacy (bathroom).

Rainbow Dash, who was closest to the side the door was on, nudged it open with her hoof. A few mint green hairs lay on the ground, as well as a long strand of very pale green mane or tail hair, and judging by size, it was probably off a tail. Three of Rainbow Dash's friends walked on as she had a peek through the door.
"Hey guys?"
They stopped and slowly returned to the pine door.
"Whose hairs?"
"Ah think this is where Twilight kept Lyra prisoner. It has all a pony's basic needs. Just and no more."
"Look! There's a frame on the wall! I think there's some sort of treaty..." Said Pinkie, adjusting her Sherlock hat and moustache, which had seemingly appeared from out of nowhere.

"'I swear on my life to never spy on Princess Twilight Sparkle'. Hm. That's all it says. There's just Twi's royal seal at the top, and Lyra's signature, which kinda looks like a lyre, even if it is her hoofprint. Kinda funny!" said Applejack.
"And Lyra's never going to break it, 'cause she swore on her LIFE! She'll get killed if she does!" said a rainbow tailed mare.
"Come on girls, we cannot waste time. Onto the the next door!" said a pony with sapphire eyes.

They went into a small room, which was very bare, except for a trapdoor. They opened it up, climbed and flew down the surprisingly clean iron ladder and eventually they got to the bottom. There were four different corridors, each one lit with torches. Maybe it was just as well that Fluttershy was missing, as even though the corridors were lit, they gradually descended into darkness.
"Well girls, the answer is obvious. We're going to have to split up. Oh, and shout really loudly if you find something. OK?" instructed Rarity.
"OK."
"Okie dokie lokie!"
"Eeyup."

"Well, come on y'all! Pick a way and let's get going! Yee-hah!" Said AJ as she ran into a nearby corridor.
------------------------
After a good ten minutes of walking, RD came across a dead end. There was no light, and it seemed wrong to be brave here. She felt like she was forbidden, a trespasser on private grounds. But it wasn't a wall that stopped her from going anymore, it was some iron bars. They were rusty, unlike the ladder, and she could swear that when she put her hoof on the iron, tapping it and testing it for safety, some of the rust peeled and fell to the ground, tiny fragments of it scattered beneath her hooves. She could see an unconscious, maybe dead pony. The colors were hard to tell. Was it a unicorn or pegasus, or the strong earth pony? All three?!

There was a pause, a pause where the cyan mare's heart skipped a beat.
---
"UH, GUYS, I THINK I FOUND CADENCE!"
---

Author's Note:

It's very amateur, but I'm pretty young.
Instead of yelling your head of at me because there's something you dissaprove of, tell me without using caps.
give an r&r to help.