• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,507 Views, 22 Comments

A Bitter Almond Cake - Sparlight_Twikle



After Fluttershy discovers she's pregnant, she asks Twilight Sparkle to do an unusual favor.

  • ...
24
 22
 1,507

1. One cup of help

Sunday evening

“Pickles?” asked Pinkie, surprised by her friend's request. “I don't think I have any and all shops are closed. But you know what? I'm gonna go downstairs and ask Mrs Cake if she has any!”
Pinkie rushed towards door, but suddenly stopped, turned around and returned. She was grinning, as if she came up with a crazy idea.

“Say,” she started, “are you perhaps–”, the last word she whispered directly to the ear, so nopony else could hear it.


Monday morning

Twilight woke up with a mild hangover. It was still few minutes before she had to open the library. She went down to the kitchen, where Spike prepared her tomato juice. The book said tomato juice is a good hangover cure, so Twilight sent Spike to grocery store on Friday to get some fresh tomatoes, and he squeezed them for her the last evening, just before Twilight left for Pinkie's party. In ten seconds flat, Twilight throat was no longer desert-dry and she could start her Monday work. Not that she expected anypony. Ponyville ponies weren't the most eager readers in Equestria.

Spike has already left to buy some fresh pastries for brunch, so Twilight could just lie down in the library and read some books to keep her mind away from the mild headache she was still experiencing.

She barely opened a book, when she heard two knocks on the door. She reluctantly got up and opened the door. It was Big Macintosh.

“Hello, Big Mac.” said Twilight “You're very early.”

“Howdy, Twi. Ah always git up just after dawn.”

“I suppose you do, you were brought up on a farm and everything. Please come in. Have you had fun yesterday?” asked Twilight, closing the door behind her guest.

“Eeyup.” replied Big Mac. Twilight was expecting that it's all he's going to say and she even opened her mouth to continue the conversation, when Big Macintosh suddenly added “When a pony drinks a li'l, he starts to wander about lots o' different stuff.”

Twilight was shocked by both unexpected profoundness of Big Mac's words and that he said anything more than his trademarked “eeyup”. Meanwhile, the stallion continued:

“Did ya notice somethin' about me yesterday?”

“Well, nothing unusual,” replied Twilight “you were just enjoying yourself, like everypony else. And if it was after 10 o'clock, then I probably don't even remember, I had drunken too much wine by then.”

“Hah, Ah could've guessed ya didn't. Well, ya know, Ah suddenly started to feel somethin' Ah ain't felt for ages.”

Twilight's brain started to panic ‘Please do not end like in all those clichéd romance novels please do not end like that please PLEASE PLEA–’

“Ah couldn't talk about it with Rainbow or Pinkie,” he continued “because those mares are never serious, nor with Rarity, because Ah don't think she could understand me. For obvious reasons Ah couldn't talk with mah sis. So ya were the only left.”

Twilight sighed with relief ‘Well, it looks it's not about THAT. Thank Celestia!’

“It's about Fluttershy.” Big Mac finished.

They stood in awkward silence for a while.

“Oh, so you're interested in her. I'm sorry, Big Mac, but I'm not sure how could I help. I–” Twilight bit her tongue “–haven't had coltfriend for a long time and I don't feel qualified to help in somepony's love life.”

“Ah understand ya. Mah last marefriend – how many years passed? Ah don't even remember. Maybe ya know her, her name's Lyra.”

“Oh, Lyra Heartstrings. I know her. She frequently borrowed books on mythology and cryptozoology. I never understood her hobbies.”

“Eeyup, neither did Ah. We weren't suited for each other. It was a fun relationship, but we couldn't go on any further. And Ah'm single since then.”

“But I think you and Fluttershy–”

“Hold ya horses, Twi. Today Ah'm sober. Ah ain't sure about mah feelin's, so Ah'm gonna think about it for a li'l before Ah act.”

Twilight was puzzled. “So I know even less about what kind of help do you expect from me.”

“A book.”

Twilight sighed. The sad fate of a librarian. Rarely asked about personal advice, almost always asked for a book from the library shelves. Sure, don't mind poor unicorn, she's only here to fetch books, not that she has any personal opinion that matters. Was Spike here, she would just ordered him to serve the customer. Sadly, Spike was still out shopping.

“Okay, Big Mac.” she said with a slightly angry tone “What book do you want? Art Of Seducing For Dummies? Newbie's Guide For Quick Sex? Or–”

“About animal care.” interrupted Big Macintosh. “Ah figured out that when Ah decide to go for Fluttershy, Ah could start by helpin' her in her work.”

‘Oh colt, you're so simple’ thought Twilight and trotted towards the shelf with books on agriculture, biology and animal breeding. She picked few volumes and gave them to Big Mac. He politely thanked her and left.

When the door closed, Twilight couldn't focus enough to continue reading. Fluttershy? She remembered her leaving before midnight. It was rather abrupt and unexpected. She also remembered Rarity saying something... about almonds? Twilight was not sure. She didn't bother about it too long, because soon after that her thoughts were interrupted by Spike, announcing his return.


Tuesday morning

Twilight was again out of ink.

“Spike! Spiiiike!” she yelled, hoping her assistant will be around to help her.

“Yes, Twilight?” the dragon poked his head from the bathroom. “Just a moment, I'm washing my claws.”

“When you're done, come here. You'll go shopping.”

“Shopping? I've already bought food for today and tomorrow. What do you else need?”

“Ink. I need ink so I can send a letter to Princess Celestia today.”

“Didn't she tell you you don't have to send them each Tuesday?”

“I don't have to, but I want.” Twilight insisted. She wasn't exactly honest with Spike, because it wasn't a letter she wanted to write, but she couldn't reveal her erotica-writing hobby just like that. “And while you're on it, I figured you can buy some more things.”

Twilight levitated an enormously long shopping list, with the last drop of ink she wrote “ink” and “blueberry cupcakes” at the bottom, and gave it to Spike.

“You were supposed to buy those tomorrow, but I think you can do it today.” she said. “Don't worry, I won't need ink till afternoon.”

“Geez, Twilight, am I supposed to do it myself?” snapped Spike “It will take me whole day. And what exactly will you be doing this whole time?”

“Mind your own business, Spike. I... I've got some important stuff to read.” bluffed Twilight. “The stuff about which I'm going to write the report to the Princess.”

“Fine, Twilight, but you owe me one turn of washing-up.”

“Deal.” said Twilight. Spike grabbed the purse and left. When here opened the door, he saw Fluttershy, with her hoof raised as if she was about to knock.

“Oh, hello Spike. Are you leaving? Is Twilight home?” asked the yellow pegasus.

“Affirmative to both, Fluttershy. See you later.” Spike left the library and walked towards the town square.

“Hello, Fluttershy.” Twilight greeted her.

“Hello, Twilight. I'm so happy I can talk to you, and I mean specifically you, in private. Uhm, because I wanted to ask you if...” Fluttershy suddenly stopped and broke eye contact with Twilight. After quickly glancing around the room, she stopped her gaze on the bookshelves. “Twilight, you have so many books here!”

Twilight answered absentmindedly “Yeah, it's why we call it a library”, but her thoughts were wandering elsewhere. ‘In private? Did she mean... oh dear Celestia...’ Deep in the heart, Twilight was excited by mere suspicion that her friend might, as herself, fancy other mares. Twilight was never open about that, she wasn't sure if her friends would accept her. But now, seeing blushing Fluttershy avoiding looking into her eyes made her feel the same emotions she tried to hide for all that time. ‘No no no, Twilight, you silly filly, she just has some problem she doesn't want to reveal to anypony else.’ Twilight tried to stop her thoughts, which obviously to her were results of years of loneliness.

Fluttershy broke the awkward silence. “Twilight, wouldn't you mind if I... I browsed some books before we talk? I suddenly need to check something up now.”

Books. As always. Twilight on one hoof bashed herself in her mind for even thinking about romantic involvement with Fluttershy and on the other hoof she felt again not as a real pony, but as an accessory to the library. But Fluttershy was her friend. It's not like she would treat her as a tool, an item, wouldn't she?

“Sure, Fluttershy. What do you need?”

Some tiny voice inside Twilight's head whispered ‘Please not the books on apple farming not apple farming please please please...’

‘What the hay is going on with me?’ asked Twilight's main inner voice, trying to suppress other voices, which were currently exploring various possible future scenarios, some of them quite improper.

“I think something about folk medicine, herbs, this kind of stuff.”

“Herbal medicine?” asked Twilight, more surprised that relieved. “Shouldn't you ask Zecora about that?”

“Oh no no, Twilight, I can't. I mean, I couldn't... Uhm...” Fluttershy suddenly became even redder than before.

Twilight had no idea what could've happened to her friend, so she decided simply to look for the books for her. She managed to find about ten of them and stacked them all in front of Fluttershy.

“Here.” Twilight noticed Fluttershy had no saddlebags or anything else to carry the books. “Do you want to borrow a saddlebag?”

“Oh no, Twilight. I think I'll check the tables of contents. I'm looking for something specific...”

Twilight asked: “Can I help you looking?”, but Fluttershy squeaked and backed away few steps. Her face was still red and her eyes were wide in fear.

“Okay Fluttershy, I didn't want to push on you.” Twilight giggled. “Here, sit down on these cushions, I'll prepare tea for you. Take your time.”

The pegasus sighed with relief. Twilight went to the kitchen. When she returned with a teapot and cups, she saw Fluttershy skimming through a heavy volume. She put the cups on the table and filled them with tea.

“So, Fluttershy,” asked Twilight, while sitting down opposite her friend, “how did you enjoy the latest Pinkie's party. I remember you left early. What happened?”

“Oh, I suddenly felt a little ill.” answered Fluttershy, her gaze still locked on the pages of the book. “Oh, but it wasn't the almond cake. The cake was fine.”

Twilight tried to recollect her memories from Sunday. “Yeah, I remember. You took the first bite of the cake, told us you don't feel well and left. Then Rarity started to panic. She told us it's the cyanide in the almonds, snatched all the cake and threw it to trash. Then she tried to run to get you, but you were nowhere in sight. She panicked and lost consciousness. Silly Rarity, she probably read too much books about Hercoltles Poitrot. And furthermore it's not normal almonds that contain cyanide, but only bitter almonds. Applejack explained it to us when we brought Rarity to lie on Pinkie's couch. Don't worry, she woke up few minutes later.” Twilight took a breath. “But you're okay now, aren't you?”

“Yeah, Twilight.” said Fluttershy, turning few pages with her left hoof. “Damn, it's not here.” she muttered and when she realized what she said, she quickly added: “Oops, sorry. I'm kinda stressed, you know. It slipped. Sorry.”

Fluttershy reached for the last book in the stack. She gave a quick glance to the cover, read the title, sighed and put it back.

“I found nothing.” she said and looked Twilight directly into eyes.

Twilight felt her heart throbbing faster. Are her juicy stories starring Daylight and Shutterfly going to come true?

“So it looks I have no other choice. There's no use hiding it any more.” added the pegasus.

She whispered something. Three silent syllables.

Twilight gulped and asked: “C–could you repeat?”

Fluttershy went red again. “I–” the last two syllables were again to silent to hear.

‘Come on, Twilight, calm down.’

Fluttershy, seeing that she wasn't heard this time either, took a deep breath and shouted:

“I'm pregnant!”

Twilight felt as if somepony hit her in the stomach. Her hopes were crushed. She always dreamed for some mare to confess her love to her. Sure, it wasn't the first time experiencing such a disappointment. Actually, it was the third time this month. It took half a minute before she recovered and said:

“C–ongratulations! May I ask, who's the lucky guy?”

“Oh, you don't know him, he's from Cloudsdale.” replied Fluttershy.

“You should bring him here to Ponyville. All your friends would love to meet your coltfrie–”

“He's not my coltfriend!” shouted Fluttershy and suddenly covered her mouth with hooves. “Oh, I'm sorry, Twilight. He's not my coltfriend. You see, I went to a party in Cloudsdale with some of my old friends and I drank a little tiny bit too much.”

“But you don't drink. You didn't drink a single drop this Sunday.”

“Because when I drink, I start doing things I later regret. I have very low alcohol tolerance. So you can guess what happened.”

Twilight put two and two together. “Yeah, I suppose I can. But don't worry, Fluttershy. He'll surely take the responsibility–”

“Him?! Responsibility!” the yellow pegasus yelled again and yet again hid her face. “I mean, I'm not the first nor the last. He already has many foals, everypony knows that, and he simply doesn't give a...”

Fluttershy sighed and lowered her head.

“Don't worry, Fluttershy.” Twilight tried to reassure her. “Being a single mother is not the easiest thing thing in world,” ‘Damn Twilight, reassuring my flank’ “but I'm sure you'll do just fine.”

“Twilight, I– I came to you... I mean, I had to come to you...”

The pegasus went silent for few seconds.

“I don't want to have this foal.”

The library stood silent for a minute. For both ponies, it was one of the longest minutes in their lives. Fluttershy's eyes were avoiding her friend. Twilight couldn't say a word. She found herself in the most awkward and bizarre situation since she thought Applejack was hitting on her. When she finally managed to utter a word, she simply said:

“What?”

“I don't want to have this foal.” repeated Fluttershy.

“Well, I understood you the first time. But... but why did you come here? I mean, if you really want, I mean, don't want, you could get an abortion in the hospital, but what do I have to do with it? You want my advice?”

“Oh no, Twilight. I mean, your advice is fine and appreciated, but I can't go to the hospital. I'm already after the legal time, so they would refuse me.”

Twilight noticed for the first time that her friend's belly is a little more round than usual. “I still don't know how could I– wait, why did you wait with the decision until now?”

“I didn't wait!” Fluttershy shouted. “I mean, I've only discovered it yesterday. Do you remember pickles at the party?”

“Pickles? They were yours? I thought Big Mac brought them to the party by mistake.”

“Oh no, they were Mrs Cake's. I suddenly got cravings for pickles and Pinkie Pie jokingly asked me if I'm pregnant. I suddenly remembered what I did in Cloudsdale and next morning I bought pregnancy tests. The results were positive.”

“Didn't you notice any symptoms earlier?”

“I don't know, in retrospect I should've noticed it earlier. But it never occurred to me – even a single thought – that I could be anywhere near pregnant...”

“Fluttershy, you're an adult mare...”

“I know I behaved like a silly little filly, but there's no use crying over spilled milk. I need your help.”

“My help?” Twilight laughed. “What kind of help? Am I supposed to magically terminate your pregnancy or something?”

“Exactly.” confirmed Fluttershy.

“WHAT?” yelled Twilight. “Fluttershy, you're talking nonsense! You found out you're pregnant and the first thing you thought about is getting an abortion at the library?!”

“It doesn't have to be at the libra–”

“It doesn't matter!” the unicorn interrupted her. “Actually why the hay don't you want a baby? Just forget about that jerk and rise the foal as... I mean, you're kind, you care about ponies and animals, you are patient... I wouldn't ever imagine you would like to...” Twilight sighed.

“Well Twilight, I try to appear kind and nice, because I'm weak! I feel helpless about everything. I can't stand other ponies. Actually I envy you. You can shut up here and pretend nothing exists outside the library.” Fluttershy's eyes filled with tears. “I'm not suited to be a mother. It would be too much of burden for me.”

Twilight was shocked by her friend's sudden confession. “I'm sorry, I– I've never seen you like that...”

“Oh, it's okay, Twi. It simply means that my camouflage is working.” said the pegasus. “I prefer animals to ponies. They're less demanding, it's easier to take care of them, it's less responsibility if some of them die due to my incompetence...”

“Incompetence?”

“Living in a secluded place has many benefits. At least nopony tries to poke their noses in what's happening. But if a foal died in an accident at my home, it wouldn't go unnoticed.”

Twilight tried to wrap her mind around what she just heard. “Accident?”

“Well,” explained Fluttershy, “for example last week I was carrying some baby bunnies from one burrow to another and when I flew above the pond, I dropped some of them. This stuff happens. But they're just bunnies. I was sad for a while, but I'm okay now.”

“Okay? You're not okay, you've just tried to make me perform an illegal abortion!”

“Well, it's best to commit crimes with ponies you can trust.” the pegasus smiled. “And I can trust you, because I know how well you keep secrets.”

“You trust me, but a minute ago you said you hate ponies?”

“Oh did I? But understand me, Twilight, you're not a normal pony.”

‘Was that a compliment?’ thought the unicorn.

“You see, Twilight, I started to understand you, because you're a social recluse, like me. But let's get back to business.” Fluttershy stood up. “Please find some abortion spell, right now.”

Twilight looked at her friend. The pegasus had tears running down her cheeks.

“Fluttershy, please stop.”

Fluttershy kept staring into Twilight's eyes. Nopony had ever resisted that.

“Fine, I'm gonna look for it.” the unicorn resigned. “But promise me you'll think about it a little more.”

Twilight looked at Fluttershy, hoping she would decide to leave, but the pegasus kept standing still, her eyes fixed on her purple friend.

“Fine, I'm going to search now. Give me a minute.”

Twilight got up and trotted towards the darkest corner of the library. She took volumes one by one, browsed some of them and finally exclaimed:

“I found it.”

“Really?” Fluttershy's eyes sparkled with joy.

“Yes, look.” Twilight showed the book to her friend. “Now your part of the deal. You go home and think about it once more.”

“Okay Twilight. But will you do it if I say yes?”

“Well, Fluttershy...”

“I'll take this as yes. Thank you, Twilight, for your help. Bye.”

The yellow pegasus galloped out of the library, leaving her tea untouched.

Twilight looked down at two cups full of tea, trying to wrap her mind around what happened. The steam had stopped rising from the already lukewarm liquid. ‘She'll be back’ thought Twilight. ‘I tried to get rid of her and now she knows that I have that book. Should I decline? Oh Celestia, I could use some assertiveness training...’ Twilight took a sip from her cup. “Hmm. It's still good.”


Thursday morning

“Coming!” shouted Spike, when he heard knocking at the library's door. He opened it, revealing a red earth stallion. “Oh, good morning, Big Macintosh. Early as always.”

“Eeyup. Is Twilight up?” the stallion asked.

“Sure. Are you here to for–ahem–private matters?” Spike smiled. “I can conveniently leave if you wish.”

“Nnope, it's not that.”

“Okay, if you say so. Please wait for a little, I still have to wake Twi up.”

The dragon turned around and went to Twilight's bedroom. Few moments later the
purple unicorn left her bedroom, her mane still in complete mess.

“Hi, Twilight.” Big Mac greeted her.

“Hello, Big Mac. It looks like I overslept a little. Could you wait a little, so I can brush my hair?” she asked.

“Eeyup.” he agreed.

Twilight went back to her bedroom, closed the door, looked into mirror and levitated her brush. “I wonder what's Big Mac doing here.” she mumbled to herself “Is he here to return books?”

The brush, released from the grip of magic, fell down on the floor.

“Animal care books. Fluttershy. Abortion.” the barely audible words left Twilight's mouth, when she managed to recollect her fuzzy memories. “I must keep him away from her, for the good of both of them.”

She quickly picked the brush back up, combed few hairs in her mane and returned to the library.

“So, Big Mac, did you like the books?” she asked as soon as she descended downstairs.

“Eeyup. Ah already finished 'em, so Ah came to return 'em.”

“Thank you.” Twilight turned her head towards kitchen, where she could hear sounds of Spike gobbling muffins. “Spike! Come here and put these books back on shelves!”

Spike appeared out of kitchen, with crumbs on his claws.

“Spike! What did I tell you about eating muffins between meals?”

“'Tis a lie!” exclaimed Spike “Thy muffins are whole and ungobbled!” Twilight gave him a stern look, so he grabbed the books and carried them to the shelves.

“So, do you want to borrow anything else, Big Mac?” the librarian turned back to her guest, hoping to discern whether he had some plans concerning a certain pregnant pegasus.

“Nnope.” the stallion replied. “Ah think it's enough readin' for now. Ah think Ah'll visit Fluttershy tomorrow afternoon.”

“Oh, about that. You see, Big Mac, I think it isn't a good time.”

“Nnope?”

“Yeah, you see, Fluttershy has some personal problems...” Twilight hesitated for a while “and she isn't in the mood for romance, to put it mildly.”

“Maybe Ah could help...” offered Big Macintosh.

“No, I doubt you could. She has some kind of depression and the last thing she needs is a stallion trying to pick her up.”

“Poor Fluttershy... What bad thing could've happened to her? Did her coltfriend dumped her when he heard she's pregnant?”

Twilight panicked. “No, why would you say that? It's impossible, it's Fluttershy we're talking about. She has so romantic soul, it's not like she would have a foal with some random jerk who doesn't love her, hahah!”

Big Mac laughed “Oh Ah'm sorry, Twi, Ah'm such a pessimist, Ah always imagine the worst case scenario. Yer right, it's impossible.”

Twilight nervously smiled. “Yeah. I mean, it's ridiculous.” She cleared her throat and continued. “So then. Where was I? Oh I know. I, Twilight Sparkle, promise you that when Fluttershy's better, I'll tell you.”

“Thanks. Ah'll be goin' then. Bye.”

“Bye, Big Macintosh.”

The stallion left the library. Spike once again appeared out of kitchen and asked:

“So, Fluttershy's pregnant?”

“What? No!” Twilight denied immediately. “Spike, why would you think that?”

“Because I heard you lie to Big Mac. You're a bad liar, Twilight, almost as bad as Applejack.”

“Spike, use your brain for a moment. I know I'm bad liar. So would I lie knowing that my lie would be so easily exposed?”

The dragon put his claw on his chin, evaluating what he just heard.

“I suppose you're right, Twi.” he finally said. “Wait! Or is it double bluff?”

“Spike, we've already agreed I'm a bad liar. I couldn't pull out a single bluff, yet alone a double one.”

“Yeah, you're right.” said Spike. “Actually, when I think about it, Fluttershy getting knocked up by some random stallion... It doesn't make sense.”

“You see, Spike.” said Twilight with relief. “I was saying this all along.”


Saturday morning

“Twilight!”

“Just five more minutes, Spike...”

“Twilight!”

The purple unicorn opened her left eye a little. She saw something yellow. Weird, Spike was not yellow, as far as she knew.

“Wake up, Twilight, but don't make any noise!”

Twilight opened both her eyes. The bedroom window was open and on the windowsill there was sitting a yellow pegasus.

“Fluttershy? What are you doing here?” asked Twilight, without even raising her head from the pillow.

“I've made my mind. We're doing it.”

Twilight suddenly felt awake. “Wait, now?”

Fluttershy nodded. Her mane was in total mess, she had bags under her eyes, her forelegs were shaking. “Yes. Take the book and quietly leave the library. Make sure Spike doesn't notice you. If he does, make up some excuse.”

Twilight slowly got up off her bed, opened the bedroom door and peeked outside. Spike could be heard singing in the shower. The unicorn left the bedroom and quietly closed the door behind her. Her hoofsteps drowned in the sound of water. She took the book she discussed with Fluttershy on Tuesday, put it into her saddlebag and left the library. Fluttershy was already waiting for her. The two of them went straight in the direction of Fluttershy's hut.

When they arrived, Twilight smelled a stench. Fluttershy's hut always smelled of animals, but this time the odor was much stronger and more disgusting. It smelled like a rotting corpse.

“Oh, I'm sorry, Twilight.” said Fluttershy, noticing that her friend shuddered in disgust. “I was a little nervous for last few days, I couldn't either work nor sleep. I'm gonna clean it up later, I promise.”

Fluttershy led Twilight behind her hut where stood a small shed. All the windows were covered by wooden planks, nailed on the inside of the building. The mares entered the shed. On the middle there was a barrel and a kerosene lamp stood on it. There was a heap of hay on the one side, and a wheelbarrow and various tools on the other side.

“I prepared this shed so nopony would disturb us.” explained Fluttershy. Twilight suddenly remembered her latest erotic horror story about cupcakes. She felt uneasy.

Fluttershy closed the shed's door. “Shall we start, Twi?”

Twilight took the books out of her bag, opened it on the page with the spell and asked: “Fluttershy, are you really sure we should be doing this?”

“Oh yes, I'm positive. I've been thinking about for days. Now, how do we start?”

“Let's see... First, you should lie down on your back.”

Fluttershy lay down on the hay, her hind legs stretching up in the air. Wild indecent thoughts started to race in Twilight's brain. She shook her head and peeked back into the book.

“Okay, now it says I should cast the spell, but...”

“Twilight, you promised!” shouted the pegasus.

The purple unicorn sighed. She had no strength to argue any further. Only one spell and Fluttershy would give her a break. Twilight moved the book near her friend, focused her eyes on the text, pointed her horn a little below Fluttershy's belly button and initiated the spell.

Her horn started to glow red. The glow spread, surrounding Fluttershy's body. The pegasus released a short scream. The stomach inflated a little, and then suddenly became flat. The spell was finished. Twilight collapsed on her knees from exhaustion.

“Are you okay, Fluttershy?” asked the unicorn.

“Well, it itches a tiny little bit... oh, it stopped.” Fluttershy stood up. “I think I'm okay. I can get back to work. I need to train a new Angel.”

“A new what?” Twilight could not comprehend what her friend was talking about.

“You see, Twilight, under the rug in the living room I have a trapdoor to my basement. I keep there a drove of white bunnies, so I can have a replacement in case current Angel dies. And the fourth Angel died two days–”

“You know, Fluttershy,” Twilight interrupted her, while packing the book back to the bag. “I've got enough of all this bizarre nonsense. I'm going home.”

“Sure, Twilight. I don't mind. See you later.” said Fluttershy, but the unicorn had already galloped away.