• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 415 Views, 3 Comments

The Bravest of Fillies - ShaD-23



Equestria is spiraling into oblivion as Zerus and Tirek summon Cataclysm. Twilight must lead the final assault of the Crystal Empire if she has any hope in saving the world from utter annihilation. In loving memory of Tiffany "Kiki" Havivy

  • ...
 3
 415

The Bravest of Fillies

“Do you truly think there is anything for you in Equestria?”

Twilight's eyes shot open as she heard Zerus' youthful voice call for her. Looking about, she could't find him anywhere, instead finding herself in an endless void.

“A mere princess... do you think you will live forever like Celestia or Princess Luna?” he continued. Twilight looked around to see herself in a familiar place, constellations and spirals of stars all around her. It looked like the very place she found herself in when she perfected Starswirl's final spell.

“Come with me, and you will never need fear death nor age.” Zerus' voice echoed solemnly. “You will not know the fear of being forgotten like I was... you will not be a lowly princess of Equestria, but a queen of a new land, with subjects you've never known nor seen before, Princess Twilight Sparkle. Leave Equestria behind and come with me.” he finished, materializing before Twilight, bowing deeply, his pure white robe pooling around him. Twilight looked at him, his word echoing in her head. He spoke words he truly believed, it seemed...

“You're lying...” Twilight said calmly. At this, Zerus rose quickly and looked into her eyes with his shining red eyes, his face emotionless.

“Is that what you truly think?” Zerus said, stepping toward the purple alicorn. “Tell me, Princess Twilight Sparkle... why do you believe I am lying?”

“... You're crying.” Twilight said as she looking into the dark unicorn's eyes. “If you are crying... I think you don't believe entirely in what you're saying.”

Indeed, tears streamed down Zerus' face, but his stoic face made no movement. As he arose and walked toward Twilight, his face wet with tears, he narrowed his eyes slowly.

“Nopony lives their life without regret, Princess Twilight Sparkle.” he said. “Deep down... part of me wishes I was a tiny colt and relishing Princess Luna's tutelage... but I digress.” he said, turning his back toward Twilight. “Equestria will soon die... I just hope you make the right decision before it is swallowed up by endless chaos.”

Zerus strolled off into the void, leaving Twilight alone.

“Come find me.” he said before disappearing completely.

Twilight was left behind in the void, completely alone. She was unsure of what may happen to her.