• Published 18th Aug 2014
  • 637 Views, 4 Comments

Creative Vision - isuckdotcom



Rarity isn't as careful with some things as she should be...

  • ...
14
 4
 637

End of the sun's reign

A green unicorn paced the front of her room. Her minty green and white mane shuffled underneath her newsboy cap, the finishing piece to her costume. While she didn't like fashion out in the public, she loved to express it when she was alone. She wore a tattered suit with a red-brown tie hanging loose. She looked at herself in her bedroom mirror. She looked...rustic, like she was a little human boy during the civil war. She didn't mind the gender, she just thought a war-type outfit might fit the occassion.

Lyra walked out the door silently, almost running into Bon Bon, her roommate. The cream colored mare had her dark blue and pink curls twisted into a small bun, and she was wearing a formal black-and-white dress. They stared at each other, examining their clothes.

"What are you wearing?" They said in synchronozation. They tried starting the sentence over, but no matter what they said, the other wouldn't stop talking.

"Okay, okay, okay. Lemme start. What's up with the fancy get-up, Bonnie?"

"Fancy get-up? This is simply formal wear! We moved to Canterlot, and ever since, I've been invited to top-of-the-line parties! But thanks to you and your experiments with the fabric of time, I've missed all of them. I'm hopefully going to go to one in an hour or so, just don't ruin anything. Okay? Also, change your clothes. You look like a rat."

Lyra was very unamused. She watched her friend walk away into the kitchen, and she pulled back into her room. It was quite small, a wooden bed frame with a thick air matress, topped with green and purple sheets with golden colored bedspread with orange pillows. On the side of the wall there was a pink mini fridge, and a window with broken, pulled down blinds and beige curtains. The front of the room had a small wall mirror with a wooden dresser underneath. She had a little bookshelf on her wall, filled with human books. She had a strange obsession.

Lyra shook off her costume and layed down on her bed. She levitated a book of the shelf with her golden magic and opened it. It was filled with knowledge beyond compare, science that could not be profound in Equestria. Lyra wondered about all the worlds around their own, what type of new things there were to be discovered. Any universe without ponies would do, Lyra didn't like being one.

She looked out the window. The air was filled with ashy smoke, and no ponies were to be seen. "Hey Bonnie, where did everybody go?"

"EveryPONY."

"Yeah, exactly. But seriously, it's more silent out there than Fluttershy with a broken voice!"

"Lyra, terrible things have been happening to Equestria. More and more threats come about, and the balance of harmony as we know it is being destroyed as we speak. An evil is after us all, one that wants nothing more than our existance wiped away. And what with Celestia's powers diminishing, not much is there to protect us."

"Whoa. You should write speeches or something..."

"I know right! I could totally-"

The girls were interupted as the door swung open. A tall, cloaked pony appeared in the doorway. Her hood draped off, revealing a sea-blue pony with a mane that looked (and sounded) like a small, running waterfall. She had sea green tinted wings with a tall horn slightly hidden beneath her watery mane. Her cutie mark depicted a drop of water, plain and simple. As the alicorn threw off the cloak, her face showed worry. "Are you two Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon?" She asked.

The two mares looked at each other in confusion. "Um...Yes?" Bon Bon answered. The alicorn walked up closer to them. She was about 1 foot taller than they were, aside from the large horn. "I've never heard of another alicorn princess..." Bon Bon said. The alicorn did a facehoof and started to explain.

"*Sigh* Long ago, when Equestria was very new, four elemental alicorns reigned the land. They treated their subjects with all the qualities a good friend should have. Kindness, Honesty, Generosity, Laughter, and Loyalty. The land was very balanced and controlled, full of order. When the ruler's power began to diminish along with their elements that created the world, all the ponies of the land gathered and combined all their knowledge and understanding of the qualities of friendship. They embedded the power into 5 gems: A ruby, an amethyst, a topaz, a sapphire, and a pink quartz. Using a piece of the ancient crystal heart itself, they transformed the last element with all their magic and understanding of friendship. The gem formed into a six-pointed magenta star, so they then made it the symbol of magic to be recognized throughout Equestria."

Lyra and Bon Bon had never heard this story before. Perhaps, they either didn't hear that many tales, or this story is extremely secret to certain ponies. The waterfall pony went on.

"The use of the six elements was strictly forbidden, because they knew it could do untold things. But one alicorn filly tampered with them. She was Celestia, supposedly the future spirit of day. She had a white coat and a wavy pastel-pink mane. She was but 4 years old, when she stole the elements and hid them in her mother's castle. When she used them, it gave her untold powers of magic and a brief understanding of friendship. When the elements were not in their former place, ponies began to fret and panic. They thought the world would end right then and there. But it didn't. Celestia drastically changed her rebellious ways and used the elements for the good of others, instead of the good for herself. Thousands of years later, at this present day, the four alicorns roam the Earth, keeping their elements in balance: Water, Flames, Storms and Air, Night, Day, and Nature."


Well that took forever to explain. the alicorn decided to present herself. "I'm Queen Raina, the spirit of Water." she said. "And I know who you two are. Lyra, Bon Bon, you are needed for a very important mission. Can I trust you enough to recruit you?"

Bon Bon thought. 'We just met her, how can we know if we can trust her?' Her mind told her. Different thoughts were going through Lyra's head.

'Keep calm, Heartstrings. Just a legendary alicorn that controls your fave element of life. I mean, come on, you can't go wrong with rivers and lakes and stuff. Being the sea colored pony I am, She can definitely trust you to be on her side for whatever is needed. It's not the pony that counts, it's the heart put into every effort.' Lyra thought.

'Hopefully you two can tele-communicate. Cause I can.' The alicorn's voice went through the ponies' heads.

'That's SO gosh darn AWESOME! Can we just do it whenever or something? Or does someone have to start us out?' Lyra thought, fangirling in her head.

'Lyra, stop being embarassing.'

'YOU CAN HEAR ME TOO?!'

'LADIES! Enough talk. Deal or no deal?'

"DEAL!"

"NO DEAL!"


NEXT TIME ON
CREATIVE VISION

The sun will soon end. And boy, do I mean soon. Ponies will suffer eternal chaos and night, bowing to my existance! I will rise, and there's nothing you can do about it!

What has gotten into you? I thought it left...forever?

Well, for the first time, you are INCORRECT! It will stay for eternity. And only one thing can stop it, and that thing hasn't been present for a millenia! HAHAHAHA!

What a monster you've become...

TO BE CONTINUED!