• Published 18th Aug 2014
  • 637 Views, 4 Comments

Creative Vision - isuckdotcom



Rarity isn't as careful with some things as she should be...

  • ...
14
 4
 637

Rarity's Insanity

All my fault...it was all my fault. If I wasn't there, none of this would have happened. I crouched the dark smoke, my heart filling with pain and salty tears rushing down my face. "Is...is that all? Is my life over?" I thought, as millions of other thoughts flooded my head. I felt my body begin to grow numb as I breathed in the ashes.
"He's gone, there's no way you can get him back now." A voice said.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW! I WAS ALONE!" I fought back.

"They all know...they all do."

"No, please! It was a mistake! Surely you can forgive me!" I pleaded, nearly passing out from all the energy I put in my words. I saw Twilight, staring at me in disgust.

"This mistake cannot be forgiven. You have proven yourself unworthy of out trust." She said.

"NOOOOO!"


I woke up, covered in ashes and my mane slightly burnt. Twilight rushed up and hugged me. "Rarity, I'm so glad you're okay." For a moment, I was confused. Then I realized what was happening. The voices were nothing but a mind playing tricks, along with Twilight. The fire had been put out, and from all that smoke I probably passed out. "Rarity, what in Equestria happened? I heard a scream, sounded like you. So I rushed over, and you looked dead on the floor."

"I-I don't know. Something's happening to me. I can feel it." I said, coughing.

"Let's get you to the hospital before you choke or something."

"Thanks Twilight, but I think I'm fine."

"You certainly don't look it! I know what I'm doing. This is a fire we're talking about."

"Fire...be one with it. Use the ruby so that she may no longer be here and your secrets will be kept without hardships,"

"NO! I WON'T! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I threw myself back onto the floor, dark magic corrupting my eyes.

"Rarity..." Twilight whispered.


Twilight stared at her friend. "Is this where the dark magic was coming from?" She thought. She helped her up. And then she noticed something. Rarity was wearing the fire ruby necklace, the one that Spike gave her so long ago. "Come to think about it, where is Spike?" Twilight asked.

Rarity looked at the floor in despair. "He's gone. He went with the flames." Rarity held back her tears as hard as she could. Suddenly, the necklace began to glow, corrupting Rarity again.

"YOU FOOL! YOUR SECRET HAS BEEN REVEALED!" The voices said.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT YOU NASTY VOICES!"

Twilight took the first chance she got and swiped the necklace away from Rarity's neck. Her eyes returned to normal. "The voices...they're gone.." Rarity and Twilight hugged each other, both soaking with tears. "You saved my life!" Rarity cried.

"How could I not? I've known you too long to let you die with those voices. May I do the honors?" Twilight said, holding up the necklace.

"Indeed you shall." Rarity said, watching Twilight smash the jewel to the ground. Seeing it crumble filled Rarity with both joy and sorrow. The voices and dark magic would be gone forever, but so would her memory of Spike. But she had so many other things to remind her of him. Twilight walked off with her friend, marching towards her palace.


Hours have passed since Sunset Shimmer, Twilight, and Princess Celestia had destroyed the dark magic in Canterlot. She was still waiting in Twilight's royal bedroom at her crystal-tree palace, peacefully (but impatiently) reading one of her books on Equestrian history. It was her favorite subject, at least. She had gotten about halfway through the leather-binded book when Twilight and Rarity burst through the castle doors. Sunset raced down the steps.

"Hi, guys." She said awkwardly, looking down the balcony.

"Good afternoon, Sunset." Rarity said to her. Sunset Shimmer smiled.

"I like your necklace, Twilight. When'd you get it?" Sunset asked.

Twilight stared at the necklace that was on her chest. It had a thick golden band with a fire ruby shaped like a heart embedded in the front. "No...how did it...NO!" Twilight screamed. Dark magic began to flood her body, turning her colorful coat and mane to a darker, grayer shade. "I-I can't." She mumbled, as tears flooded her corrupted eyes. Rarity stepped back, hiding. Sunset ran down the stairs.

"TWILIGHT! WAKE UP!" She yelled.

"You know nothing of me." Twilight whispered. "I would never."

Sunset threw off the necklace, shards flying everywhere, once again. Purple and green smoke rose from the shards. "This is getting out of hoof. What did they say, Twilight?" Sunset asked, helping her up. Her eyes seemed dazed, like she was sleeping with her eyes open. There were small cuts where the necklace was.

Twilight! Tell us!" Rarity said.

"They wanted me to kill you..." She responded.

The next few moments were silent. The three ponies simply stared at the shattered ruby in shock and awe. Twilight's color began to return to normal, meaning that the dark magic had left the crystal palace.

"Something tells me that magic will come back to us." Sunset Shimmer said, breaking the silence.

"No doubt about it. These may even be our last years." Rarity replied.

"Let's try to study more about this magic while we're at it." Twilight said, as she lead them all to the library part of the castle.


1 HOUR LATER

"I think I got it!" Twilight cried enthusiastically. Her two unicorn friends rushed to her side, to a small crystal book stand.

"Crystal Corupption: A form of dark magic taking the form of shadows and corrupting ponies by taking the form of precious items and convincing them to do bad things." She read aloud.

"That sounds pretty self-explanitory..." Sunset said.

"Wait! There's more!" Rarity pointed to the next paragraph.

"When turned on by their host, they may take over their physical bodies over time and take what they wanted before they were betrayed. Mainly being; Ruling over the land, enslaving ponies and creatures alike, destroying a land, killing a certain pony or many, or entering other dimensions and ruling over." Twilight paused.

"What's wrong, Twilight?"

"I-it's just that, this could happen to you, Rarity! After all, it didn't want you to tell me that you killed Spike in corruption but you did anyway! This spirit could be very angry with us by now. After all, we destoyed it's way of getting us back TWICE, and you let out it's secret."

"Yeah, that is true...I promise to help protect both you and Twilight as best as possible before that spirit comes back!" Sunset cried.

"WHOA THERE, SUNSET! No need to get crazy! I'm sure with Celestia, Luna, and Cadance on our side we can be safe enough from that spirit." Twilight said, slightly chuckling. Sunset's head fell in sadness. "But hey. It's still help from a friend. I could never pass down the opportunity for a young student like you to learn more lessons." Sunset beamed and hugged Twilight. Rarity joined in, and they cried their tears of joy.