• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 812 Views, 3 Comments

A Reporter's Recordings. - ChromeRegios

  • ...
2
 3
 812

Second Day

“Report #6 - Ruined City.

Derpy runs until she lost the infected, she could fly though, but her wings were injured during the travel to the Island, she was already flying miles for days without a break, causing her wings to be strained...

“I was so exhausted I couldn’t help but sleep and in the morning, the infected were gone.” She said, as she walks through the streets of Ramby. “I don’t know where they went, maybe they found other survivors. But I’m making a run for it.”

Derpy gazes upon the city streets, looking down on dead bodies, and buildings which turned to ruins caused by fire,nor looting...

“This city is in chaos. Buildings are burning. Wrecked carts cover the streets. At first there was looting, but now there’s no one. The dead are everywhere. Where are the fucking pony police? The royal military? Why haven’t they--” Just then, Derpy stops as she spots something down the road. “wait a second.”

“There’s someone up ahead. It looks like a little filly.” Derpy examines the young filly from afar. “She’s sitting in the street next to a mare who looks to be dead. Her mother maybe? The girl’s crying.

“Jeez us... Her face is buried in her chest and she’s crying.” Derpy was thinking twice, if she should just leave this filly alone, or go to her assistance... Ultimately, she made her decision.

“I can’t just leave her there…alone. She’s about the same age as my daughter. No more than six. Oh, fuck... Hello?” Derpy walks down to her, calling out to the young filly.

“Hey Sweetie, are you okay? Honey? Maybe you should come with me~” The filly then shows her face, already disfigured and bloody. “Oh, my Goddess…her face…covered in blood.”

The filly starts to run up to her, which Derpy starts to bolt as well... Ending the recording.

“Report #7 - Towards the Jungle”

“I’m riding in four by four large cart, following a group of survivors heading into the jungle. Apparently someone on the radio is leading them to the source of this…sickness.”

Derpy looks over to the back of their transport, seeing some of the other survivors arguing about something...

“There’s supposed to be some kind of lab hidden in the jungle. Could this be some sort of experiment gone wrong? Some kind of animal-borne disease, like swine flu or bird flu, that’s mutated? If this spreads beyond Shining Diamonds. If it were to hit a major population center. It could be the end of everything.Ponies need to know what this is. Maybe they can--” Derpy spots something crossing the road, just in time to shout over at the Colt who was driving the cart.

“LOOK OUT!” Derpy yells, cutting the recording short.

“Report #8 - Something Huge is Coming!”

“Okay, we hit some kind of animal and the cart careened off the road and down an embankment through the trees.”

Derpy looks over her cart driver, and the others.

“The driver, my driver, is badly hurt. I think his leg is broken.” Derpy then perked her ears, hearing something close by. “Wait, wait, I’m hearing something else too. What the fuck is that? Something’s coming. Oh, my Gosh...Something big. Oh, my Gosh…it’s an orangutan. Oh, fuck... Jeez us, it’s infected. It’s the animal we hit. It should be dead. Why the fuck isn’t it--”

Magic bolts are being fired from the driver.

“The driver is trying to kill it! SHOOT IT! It has him! Oh, my Gosh!” Derpy closed the recording as soon as the driver starts to scream.

“Report #9 - The Lab”

Derpy ran like theres no tomorrow, until she reached the lab. Nearly got killed by the guards for thinking she was infected, she stumbles inside the lab for safety, and continued her report.

“The infected animal tore the driver right out of the car. I, sorry but I didn’t even try to help him. I just…I ran.” Derpy tries to forget her sympathy over the driver who she left for dead.

“I kept on running until I couldn’t hear the driver screaming. Somehow I found the lab. A few of the guards thought I was infected. They almost fucking killed me, but they didn’t and thank Celestia, and now I’m inside. I’m safe inside.” Derpy lets out a sigh, looking over the crudely barricaded lab.

“But this complex isn’t defensible. A group, however, is preparing to leave the lab for the island jail. It’s designed to house the worst of the worst. So it’s a fortress. If the infection hasn’t spread inside, then it may be the last safe place. The last chance any of us have to survive this…”

Derpy cuts the recording once again.