• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 593 Views, 3 Comments

A Stranger In A Pony Land - Kazz The Hunter



A human with a dark past ends up in equestria.

  • ...
4
 3
 593

Chapter 1

I could hear the wolves howling behind me, as I ran my lungs burned as I gasped for air,I tripped over an unseen log, falling flat on my face I rolled over just in time to see it jump at my throat.

I awoke in a cold sweat, the fear of the dream still had a hold of my heart as I looked over at my computer. I had fallen asleep watching MLP: FIM again. As I got out of bed I saw the time 4AM. I decided to take a walk. Slipping on a pair of jeans I grabbed my trusty pocket knife, when I got outside it was still dark.

A loud peal of thunder makes me jump, the next thing I know white hot pain is shooting through my body, I open my eyes and see trees, stars and the moon. Then I hear a sound the sound of...wolves. I get to my feet and run not knowing where I’m going, I just run. I had been running for 15 minutes when I came to a fence. Not thinking about it, I jump it in one fluid motion I guess gym class did pay off after all. As I run I notice the trees starting to change, instead of them being wild and overgrown, they were…spread out, well trimmed and quite healthy looking apple trees, I was in an orchard, in the distance I could see a farm house.

I make my way over to the house, next to it a large barn, I decide not to wake the people in the house. I would ask them for directions in the morning. So I make a bed out of hay bales and went to sleep.

I awake to yells I look around and see to my surprise. A small horse? No a pony, with a large pink hair bow.

“Apple Bloom,” I say her eyes widening in fear. She asks me how I know her name. What I am and where I come from. I explain about my world. About “My Little Pony” and how I was chased through the forest. Suddenly the barn doors open. Two ponies step through the large doors, a small orange coloured mare and a much, much larger red stallion, I recognise them as Applejack and Big Mac, as they look over to me I can see they’re scared, however after a few moments with Apple Bloom retelling my story to them, Applejack looking over at me before saying,

“We should get you to Twilight, so she can get you home.”

Before I could say anything Scootaloo comes flying into the barn, on her scooter, yelling frantically about Sweetie Belle and some timber wolves. I tell Apple Jack to get the others, then tell Scootaloo to take me to Sweetie Bell. We run into the Everfree Forest. We run deep into the forest until we come to a clearing. Sweetie Belle is hiding in a small cave. At the entrance are five timber wolves. I can hear Sweetie Bell crying in the cave, an ungodly rage manifesting in my chest as I yell at the wolves “Hey, pick on someone your own size!”

They turn on me with hunger in their glowing green eyes, I reach into my pocket for my knife. Nothing it must have fallen out of a hole in my pocket, One of the wolves jumps at me. Instinctively I punch it shredding my knuckles on its bark skin. The pain meaning nothing to me as adrenaline pumps through my veins. As another wolf bites into left arm I scream and punch it, breaking its head and three of my fingers but I don’t care. The only thing that mattered at the moment, to me, was saving Sweetie Belle. Another wolf latches onto my leg I kick it off, three down two to go my vision starts to blur from blood loss. The last two wolves circle me one jumps at me. I grab it and throw it at the other both exploding into sticks.

As I fall to my knees in exhaustion the sticks of the wolves combine, combining to make a larger wolf “Oh shit I forgot they could do that.” I curse, berating myself for not remembering that fact. As I get ready to meet my end, a rock the size of basketball strikes the wolf’s head. I turn around and see AppleJack, Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. I have to admit if I hadn’t been suffering from blood loss I still would have fainted. But I did regardless, knowing Sweetie Bell was in safe hands or should I say hooves, as the world went dark.

My eyes open to blinding light “Am I in heaven?” I ask out loud.

“No silly, you’re in ponyville hospital,” said three familiar little voices. At the foot of my bed are Apple Bloom Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

“Let me guess cutie mark crusader nurses,” their jaws drop.

“How did you know?”

“Lucky guess” I laugh, immediately I was regretting the action due to the pain it caused. I look at my left arm and see thick white bandages. The same on my right leg and my right hand has a cast. Just then the door opens and I am greeted to a wonderful sight. Twilight, Apple Jack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy they asked me how I was feeling. “Fine,” I reply wincing at the pain. “How long have I been out for?” I ask.

“Two weeks,” replies Apple Bloom, “The doctor says you can leave tomorrow.”

“Great” I say “Can I be alone with Twilight for a minute?” I ask, everypony but Twilight leaving the room. “Twilight I don’t want to go back to my world,” I say, she looks at me questioningly I tell her everything about the world of humans. The good the bad and the worst by the end her eyes were full of tears and so were mine. “I can’t go back to that,” Twilight just looks at me, her eyes showing her sadness. “Tell them no magic can send me back,” Twilight looked shocked and then nodded. I laid back on the bed and sleep just wanting to be out of bed.

The next day nurse Tender Hooves cut off my cast and removed the bandages. I could see the scars the timber wolves left me. Rarity had fixed my clothes I had to remember to pay her for that. I decide that I should help her first.