• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 804 Views, 30 Comments

Silver and Blue - skysky2112



Follow the adventures of Two friends, one turned pony, and the other...turned mare?

  • ...
2
 30
 804

Chapter 6: happy happy...joy joy

I always knew Blue, or Eli, was excentric. I guess you could say she literally was a human Pinkie Pie, always hyper, spazzy, and fun. But recently, that excentric and fun level has gone south of normal.

I went back to the library today to go and see Blue and mabye talk to her about what i saw, who that stallion was, why she looked so different, why she was WITH a stallion... Fluttershy had wanted to come with me which i was gratefull for and gladely brought her along. Over the past month we've gotten past most of our shy and awkword walls and now were able to speak semi normal...we still have our little shy habits; Fluttershy still stuttered on occasion and hid behind her mane, and i still stutter and say sorry alot, but like the saying goes 'Old habbits die hard.'...sorry.

*A/N: SWITCHING TO 3RD PERSON*

It was a normal day in Ponyville, few white clouds, clear blue sky, birds singing and it seemed like a rather dull day to most.
Silver and Fluttershy were walking together through town on their way to the library, untill they passed by SugarCube corner.

Usually when one passed by you could hear the sound of laughing and fun, but today was different. Silver may not have been from this world, but that didnt mean she couldnt recognize that something was wrong.

Stopping infront of the bakery, Silver noticed the door was shut, with a piece of paper taped on the front that read 'Dont Come in!' and a picture of a sad pink pony drawn in crudely colored crayon.

"Hey shy? you told me the cakes were out to Manehatten, and Pinkie was the only one running the store right?" Silver asked.

"Y-yes, Pinkie wouldnt calm down, she was so excited she threw the cakes a going away party and threw herself a manager promotion party." Fluttershy said, smiling at the memory. But the small smile doesnt last long as she realised the usual happy and cheery atmosphere is almost non existant.

Suddenly, both pegasis mares heard the faintest sounds of sniffles and a very distant musical melody being sung. Both mares looked up to see the sound was coming from a window above the door way.

Silver and Fluttershy just looked twords one another, both figuring out what was wrong. "Umm Shy, mind helping me up?" Silver asks, Silver was still not fully used to her wings yet and could only get up a couple feet off the ground. Fluttershy nodded yes before using her wings to hover above Silver and grab her hoof as she used her wings to help get both mares up to the window.

When they got to the window and into the room, they were greeted by the sound of supressed sniffling and faint music playing.

It was faint, but Silver was able to hear it; it was a solo song, with just one instrument and one voice playing. The voice was a male, yet he was singing with pure emotion, the guitar playing as well was perfectly matching the voice in meloncholy sadness.

Silver new instantly what the song was. The song was a cover song, a song by one person that was being played by someone else. It was "S.O.S" being covered by John Frusciante, one of Silvers favorite songs to listen to when she felt terribley sad when she was human.

So when you're near me darling can't you hear my S.O.S

The love you gave me, nothing else can save me, S.O.S

When your gone, how can i even try to go on

When your gone, though i try, how can i carry on...

Silver and Fluttershy knew they were in pinkie's room, due to the small little bed with an aligator in it. They both scanned the room for what they were hopping for was Pinkie, they eventually saw on the bed a curtain of dark pink hair falling straight infront of a grey pink mare, crying and sniffling while wrapped in her bed sheets.

"Pinkie!" The pegisi both said as they made their way to the sad party pony. Said pony lifted her head in suprise and fear at the sudden outburst. But before she could run away and hide, both mares were hugging her and holding her to the bed.

"Pinkie whats wrong, why are you crying?" Fluttershy and Silver asked. Pinkie didnt answer, instead feeling her immense saddness, wrapped both hooves around the two mares and pulled them closer and cryed her heart out.

Both of them whispered words of comfort to her and held her, rocking her back and forth.

Eventually she calmed down enough to speak to them, "I-I-I'm sorry g-guys for w-w-worrying you *sniff*" Pinkie said through her sobs. "It's ok P, you dont need to be sorry for that, a friend worrying is a sign that they care for ya." Silver said as Pinkie sat on the bed inbetween her and Fluttershy, she rested her head on her shoulder as she held on to the both of them.

"Pinkie, what happened? I-I mean if its ok t-to talk about it, sorry..." Fluttershy asked concerened.

"I-I'ts ok, I-I was feeling l-lonely, a-and i w-was listening to t-the b-black music player thingy w-when this song came on t-that made me feel r-really sad..." she said as Silver looked over to the other side of the bed where her Ipod was sitting and still playing. She picked it up and turned it on to see that Pinkie was unknowingly listening to John Frusciante. But unfortunately the playlist put most of the sad and emotionalfull songs ahead of the songs that make up for the sad and bring out a happy smile.

"Aww, there there Pinkie, its gonna be alright, were hear, and we will make sure that loneliness goes away." Fluttershy said still holding and rocking Pinkie back and forth as she cried.

'Why did my favorite artist have to be so good at bringing out bottled up sadness...' Silver thought before having an idea. 'I know, if music made her sad, then music can make her happy...and i have just the song to do it.' She thought to herself before going back to her Ipod and selecting a song.

"Hey P, i know a way to cheer you up!" Silver said before getting off of the bed and moving to an open part of the room. Fluttershy and Pinkie sat on the bed looking at the white pegasis mare as she stood there waiting for the music to start.

When it did, it was the sound of a few chords being played a string at a time, before a voice suddenly spoke up.
The voice sounded a bit crazy, and funny sounding, like it was immitating A.J's accent

Hello boys and girls,dis is yer ol' pal Stinky Wizzle-teaks!...

The name alone was able to cause both Fluttershy and Pinkie to giggle a bit.

...And this is a song about a whale-

NO! this is a song about being happy...

Another voice interupted the first one, this one sounding a bit crazier and higher.

Thats right! It's the Happy Happy Joy Joy song!

The funny southern one returned, as the music picked up and started playing. Silver started to bounce up and down and started to sing along.

"Happy Happy, Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!"

Fluttershy clopped her hoofs together to aplaud Silvers performance, Pinkie wasnt being held anymore, and a small smile was starting to form on her face as she started to cheer up.

I dont think yer happy enough!

The singers said together. "Come on girls sing the next Chorus with me when it comes!" Silver said as she pulled both Pinkie and Fluttershy up with her.

I'll teach ya to be happy!...I'll Teach yer grandmother to suck eggs!...

This caused all three to laugh at the funny lyrics. As the temp picked up and started up again all of them bounced on there hooves to the music.

And all the little cridders of nature...they don't know that i'm ugly...thats pretty funny! A fly marrying a bumble bee...

Once the chorus came up all three mares sang along and danced playfully. Pinkie's mane started to inflate, getting curly and regaining it's cotten candy appearence and her coat brighted back to its neon pink shade.

"Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!!!" they sang with laughter and fun, happy to have cheered up their friend.