• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 3,033 Views, 27 Comments

My Little Luna - Maximille De Lis



Times when happiness just isn't enough, moments of brief interruption tend to change the pace of life

  • ...
14
 27
 3,033

Chapter 3-Research

I decided to take that rock home so I could take a look at it. There was nothing special about it except that indentation. What could’ve caused it made me clueless. I went to a professor to talk about it, but that would involve me taking it to him, in which I didn’t want to happen. This was a secret, something I found and claimed. I didn’t keep it in glass, for the sake of not turning into one of those people who have to glass everything. So I kept it on my bed, to remind me that it’s still there. I’ve spent hours trying to find out what it is, what it does, or how it was made. I couldn’t take any samples to the geological labs because of how strong it was. I tried even chiseling it and not even a scratch was on it. Next morning I decided to give this rock a rest and to go out to get my head together. I went to the store to buy moon pies (the only thing I could afford), ramen, and some salad (even I have to eat healthy sometimes).

That would set me up for the week I will have. Not much for a Christmas, but something for me. My parents sent me bits of meteorites, unlike I already had one, as my Christmas present. My friend sent me a 20% cooler sweatshirt of Rainbowdash, just because he wanted to send me something. So as usual I send cards saying thank you and happy New Year. This is all I could do to send them something, just anything. I spent the New Years sleeping, as I didn’t have much energy from working to schoolwork. I woke up the next morning with that rock beside me, as a reminder that I still have work to do. Even with the new year, I still did the same thing. I worked on that rock. As I keep working on it, I start to feel some warmth coming from it, so I back away thinking it was radiation from it. It was my mistake for that part; I didn’t know that a little sunlight entered the room and touched the rock, warming it up. I decide to go for a walk.

All the work was going to my head, causing me to think the worst from the smallest thing. I went back to the house around 5:00 p.m., and crashed right on the bed. Around 2:00 in the morning, I started hearing noises coming from the kitchen. I looked to see if the rock was still there, it wasn’t. Thinking logically, I grabbed the nearest thing to me. Using a bamboo stick against a robber, or whatever it was, may have not been the best choice. I open my door slowly, peeking out to see that my fridge door was open, as a stream of light arrayed from the door. I progress with a pounding heartbeat not knowing what was in my house. As I come out, my door creaks. Whatever was moving it stopped, as if waiting to hear if anything else was here. I decided to do what I’d call reckless. I

jumped out of the doorway to whatever it was, but nothing was there. I relax, seeing that nothing was here, thinking I left the fridge open. But what I saw changed my mind. In a corner, scared out of its mind was a little horse with what looked to be a horn and a set of wings. Turn on the light to get a better look at this…..thing. As my pupils dilated, a blur of blue runs past me into my room. As my eyes clear up I decide to investigate what it was with clear eyes. I go into my room and see that whatever it was is hiding under my blanket. I pull the cover to discover it did have wings and a horn, and was a little cartoony. It took me a couple seconds to realize what it was. Lying in front of me, scared out of its mind, was a little filly Luna.