• Published 17th Jul 2014
  • 1,466 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies to Trainers: An Unexpected Journey - Masters-of-the-Elements



While Twilight and her friends are continuing their work to restore the old Castle of the Princesses, the young princess come across an old spell, and in a moment of randomness taking her friends and herself on a new journey

  • ...
5
 20
 1,466

Prolong

Ponies to Trainers:
An Unexpected Journey:
Prolong


Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship, felt her right eye twitching as she looked at the carnage before her. Books, scrolls, ancient parchments and documents were all scattered about. The place looked like a wild twister had run through the place after an earthquake had hit, and there was only one being to blame for all of this.

“DISCCCCOOORRRD!!” The young princess screamed at the tops of her lungs

The being of the former unicorn’s angry appeared to her right, in his typical fashion, only this time, he was wearing a butler outfit, holding a tray with empty glasses in his talons. “You rang?” the mistake creature said in a deep, slow tone.

“Yes!” Twilight said, snapping her head in his direction, and gestured with left leg “Care to explain this?”

With a mock look of curiosity, Discord made his outfit disappear and looked in the direction Twilight was pointing. He rubbed his chain in thought for about a second and then looked at the young alicorn with a thoughtful expression.

“Why dear Twilight, I do believe that a twister came through here after an earthquake hit,” Discord said offhandedly.

With an angry growl and a snap of her wings, Twilight flew up to Discord‘s eye level and glared directly in his eyes. The master of chaos was rather indifferent from the stare he was getting, and instead just filed his talons with Gummy.

“You did this didn’t you?” Twilight said accusingly.

“Me?” Discord said, sounding offered as he dropped Gummy and crossed his mismatch limbs, “What makes you think this is my fault?”

Twilight’s left eye began to twitch as she looked around the room again. Her friends, who had wisely stayed out of this scene, were now examining the mess that was once the archive room in the castle of the two pony sisters. With growl she look back at Discord who was once again filing his talon, only this time he one of the spa ponies hovering behind him as she filed his talons. Once he saw the glare the young princess was giving him, he sighs faintly and sent the spa worker back to the spa.

Once Twilight was sure that Discord was paying attention she said, “…Because when my friends and are went back to Ponyville for lunch, this place was spotless and when we go back it was like this.”

Discord seems to take major offence to the accusations bring thrown at him, and took a step away. His crossed his arms over his chest and looked away, saying in a near snobby tone, “Oh, and since I’m the master of chaos I’m immediately the prime suspect. Well, Miss Princess, ever think I wasn’t the one who did it? Maybe it was a freak storm I heard they happen around this place. Or did you think that something like one of the Everfree beasts whizzes into this place and trash it? You did leave the door open, after all?”

Twilight’s eyes began to twitch like crazy as she closed gap and said angrily, “First of all, no creatures or unnatural weather conditions can reached the palace because of the tree of Harmony, why else did you think the princesses built their castle over the tree? And I know you did this because of that!!” Twilight thrust her right over Discord’s shoulder.

Discord made a second set of eyes in the back of his head, and spied the black graffiti that said “Discord Rules, Tirek Drools” on the right wall. The master of chaos made the eyes in the back of his head disappeared as he gave a causal smile.

“Okay, you got me,” Discord admitted with a light shrug, “But you can’t do a thing about it.”

With a deep scowl and forelegs on her hips, Twilight asked rather angrily, “And why is that?”

With a sly grin Discord snapped his talons, and a contract appeared in front of Twilight. “As stated by legally sighed contract, I require performing two good deeds before I get to goof off. And I already filled my the quota for the day by helping out the Cakes with a big order and giving dear Princess Luna a bottomless supply of pie moons. So I’m not required by law to help you.”

Discord’s smile grew when he noticed the dumbfounded look on the young princess face, as she read the contract in front of her, quickly noticing the signature and the royal seal of Princess Celestia herself. He made the contract disappear with a snapped of his talons as Twilight sank to the floor.

“Now, if you lovely ladies would excuse me, a certain princess is about find out what it’s like to have pasta for hair,” Discord said whimsically and disappeared in his usual fashion.

Twilight stared at the spot that Discord stood, looking at the parting “gift” that the spirit left behind, namely a picture of a winking Discord giving the thumbs up. She stared at the picture for a good two minutes before her rage starting to get the better of her. She began to shake uncontrollable and was about to explode, when she felt a hoof came to rest on her shoulder. She looked at the sympathetic face of Applejack.

“Let it go, sugar cube,” the apple-bucker said sympathetically, “he ain’t worth it.”

Twilight just scowled slightly as she turned away from her friend and looked at the picture on the floor. She could feel her anger building again, but she calmed herself by using the technique her sister-in-law taught her. With a bitter, reluctant sigh Twilight looked at Applejack and nodded. The farmer just smiled slightly and walked to a pile to start clearing. With another bitter sigh Twilight began to clean as well.

It only took us 40 minute to fix this up, so it shouldn’t take long, Twilight thought as she levitated a group of books onto their proper shelves, only for books to fly off the shelves like a Pegasus at high speeds, landing in some other part of the archives room away from their shelves. Twilight’s eye began to twitch again as she watched the books and other documents her friends put away go flying from their shelves landing in areas far away from their intended shelves. …Or it might take longer, she thought irritably.


(Two hours later)


Twilight let out bitter sigh as she put back the last book in its proper place. With tired eyes she looked around, and was satisfied that everything was once more orderly. Whatever spell Discord had put on the place had wore off after 90 minutes, and even more surprising was when the books and other items gathered into neat plies near their respective shelves. It was then a short step to finish cataloging all of the documents, but Discord’s little “joke” had left the group both exhausted in mind and body.

I’m taking a long bath after I get home, and then curl up with good book before bed, the thought tiredly as she turned away from the shelves.

She took a step and felt her right foot connect with something that felt like stone. Curious she took her feet away and spied a stone tablet with a pure circle emerald in the center. The gem was divided into eight sections, three on the top and bottom and one on each side. Becoming even more curious, as she didn’t remember seeing this thing when they had started, Twilight lifted the stone close to her face.

“To my dearest nieces,” Twilight read softly to herself, “I know in these trying times, things may be difficult, so I leave this “spell” in your care. You may use it if you’re even in need of me, sincerely, your loving Uncle, Arceus.”

Twilight frown as she looked below the emerald where the spell was located and read it. At first glance the spell look like it was just a standard teleportation spell, but a closer examination revealed some modification to the spell. After doing the math in her head, the young princess figures that this spell would allow a pony to travel a longer distance then normal teleportation spells would allow, thanks to the emerald which adds as a focusing tool for the spell.

The young princess suddenly felt a conflict of interest arose within her. Some part of her wanted to cast this spell, to see where it would take her, maybe even use it get home faster. But on the other hoof, she was cautious, recalling the event when Spike took out a spell that led to some “problems” for Ponyville when he “borrowed” a spell from the castle the two pony sisters. Still…this spell wasn’t sealed in anyway, so it should be safe, right?

She suddenly looked around her, and took in her friends’ appearances. Most were just relaxing, taking it easy as they got their second wind. Rarity was just looking herself over with a mirror she had brought with her, trying to get her appearance as prefect as possibility can be. Futtershy was near the entrance, anxiously waiting on the others so she didn’t have to walk through the forest by herself. Rainbow Dash and Applejack was having a little contest to see who had stacked the most books. And Pinkie…well, she was just being her usual self, bouncing around her friends and trying to take in interest in each of what her friends were doing, but strangely keeping her distance from Twilight.

The young princess looked at the stone curiously. Maybe it was just her exhaustion talking, maybe it was the allure of a new spell, or maybe she just wanted to get home faster, but whatever the reason maybe, Twilight decided to throw caution to the wind and cast the spell.

She gently set the stone down and began to charge the energy needed for the spell. Her horn became encased in a lavender glow as the emerald on the tablet began to glow, synchronizing with the magic that the young alicorn giving off. Suddenly and before Twilight could stop it, a thin beam of emerald energy shot from the gem at the same time that a similarly thin beam of lavender energy shot from Twilight’s horn.

When the two beams meant they instantly created an explosion of emerald and lavender energy that ballooned out rapidly. Twilight and her friend didn’t have time to react, as the energy quickly overtook them, they sounds begin drown out by the sound the energy swell was making. Once the energy had completely engulfed them, it quickly retreated back into the gem. The gem glowed for a second and then the light died and the gem had changed a bit. The top sections were now in the colors of Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. The bottom section was done up in the colors of Rarity, Futtershy and Applejack, respectively.

Author's Note:

Just my usual disclaimer about my grammer.