• Published 13th Jul 2014
  • 2,597 Views, 102 Comments

The Lost Prince of the Sea - Cursory Note



Despite records, Celestia and Luna were not alone in the battle with Discord and the rule of Equestria. There was another alicorn, a stallion named Aecorum with power over the sea, not related to the sisters but their closest friend. Where is he now?

  • ...
15
 102
 2,597

Prologue: The Solitary Stallion

How does a pony change the past?

Undo what has been done?

That, little foal, is impossible

With the exceptions being one.

Instead of undoing what has already been,

Undo what has been recorded.

Change their memories, rewrite the books

And remove even that carved in stone.

Then, and only then, may a pony find Peace

And live out his sentence alone.

Aecorum stared at the poem he had carved into the wall over a thousand years ago, reading it for probably the millionth time, and sighed, bowing his head.

“As true now as it was then.” His words echoed through the cave as they always did, being muffled only by the water flowing in from the ocean. Enchanted rocks in the wall gave just enough light for Aecorum to see clearly, but no more. The alicorn stallion walked over to a small mirror on the opposite end of the cave and looked at his reflection for a moment. His mane and tail, once flowing and majestic, now hung limp and ragged against his body, even though they still held their magical colors that reflected the ocean from the darkest depths to the wave’s spray. His eyes were dull, but still the same silver grey and his coat was still sea foam green, even after a thousand years.

He laughed “Why is it, after all these years, I still look like the imbecilic, fearful, traitorous foal I was then?” As usual, the only answer came from the lapping of the waves and his echoes.