• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 541 Views, 9 Comments

My Girlfriend Is a Bat Pony - GodOfBBQ



After finding a new and strange mushroom in a cave, Ninroot decides to take the mushroom from the cave to study and grow it.

  • ...
7
 9
 541

Chapter #1 The Mushroom

Ninroot always loved going out into the everfree forest by her and Techie's home. It was the time she had to herself the time she had to study her plants, even though she loved Techie Hoof, every ounce and a while she needed a break from him. Every few weeks or so she would venture the everfree forest hoping to find a new species of plant or to just see something new for a change. While she was walking she always saw an odd looking path leading off the known course through the everfree, she always wondered what that path led to. She figured she would go a few steps down the path and if she couldn't find anything she would turn back and return home. When she started to walk down the path she already found things that gained her interest, she even found an odd cross species of a daisy and a tulip. As she went further into the path she found a large cave entrance she had never seen this cave before not even from a higher point of view. Since she found so much new things within the new path she decided to venture into the cave to see what else she could find, as she went into the cave she spotted something very odd, it was a patch of glowing transparent mushrooms. She never saw this type of fungi before or ever, seeing this she pulled out her journal with a large list of foreign plants and native plants. Oddly enough she couldn't find anything on glowing transparent plants. She did know it was normal for some species of fungi to glow but was very rare she decided to uproot the mushrooms with great care and put them in a small bag she kept plants she found in her trips. With that she put the bag away and hurried home to show Techie her discoveries.

When she got home she saw Techie on the side of the house welding some metal parts together.

"Techie!" She yelled getting his attention. He looked up to see Ninroot waving at him with a large grin on her face looking like she had something to tell him.

"Nin your back! Took you longer though." He said with as he put his melding tool down. He walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "So what'd you find today?"

"Well I decided to take a different path today and-" She was stopped mid sentence.

"You took a different path Nin? Don't you know how dangerous that could have been?" He said in a strict way.

"Well yes but it was so worth it, I mean look what I found!" She said pulling out the bag, she showed him the odd daisy/tulip flower, the she showed him what she wanted to show him from the beginning. As she pulled out the mushroom Techie's face turned more serious. He grabbed that from her and looked at it closely.

"Nin don't you know what this mushroom is or what it can do!?" Haven't you heard of the story of the mare who went into a cave with magic mushrooms in it alone and came out... pregnant!?" He said with concern in his voice.

"Yes I've heard of that story and first of all that said cave was towards the north and was deeper than the cave I was in, plus the mushrooms you mention have magic orbs coming out of them plus its surroundings and itself have a warm temperature. This was smaller, didn't have any orbs flying out of it or was warm in anyway." She said with a reassuring tone. "And why would you be worried if I came back pregnant?" She joked.

"Well uh heh uh-uh well, you know um." He stuttered while blushing.

"I'm only kidding!" She said with a kiss to follow. Afterwards they head into the cabin. Ninroot went straight to her workplace in the back of the cabin. She put the mushrooms on her workbench and picked off a piece and started to cut it in half. After hours of dissecting she came across a lump looking thing in the stem of the plant when she went in to cut it open a burst of red dust went in her face, which made her gag and sneeze.

"Oh goodness that smells... good?" She said with sudden curiosity. She went up closer to get a better view of what she just popped open. She went in a little closer and smelt a little more of the dust. "Smells like... sugar." She put tweezers in the dust sack and licked the dust off the tweezers. "It tastes like sugar even. Hmm" She was tired at this point so she decided to rap it up and go to bed.

Ninroot was always the first to wake up in the morning, she was an early riser. Without waking Techie she got out of their bed and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She was half asleep so her vision was blurred. When she opened her mouth to start brushing she saw something odd. She quickly rubbed her eyes and saw that she had two really pointy fangs big enough to still be seen when she closed her mouth. She gasped and fell back knocking some objects you would find in any other bathroom like shampoo and soap. This woke Techie since he was a light sleeper he saw Ninroot leaning on the wall with her hoof covering her mouth, he quickly went to check on her.

"Nin! Are you ok? What happened?" He said while helping her up

"Yeah I'm fine just." She paused to think of a cover up. "I just tripped is all"

"Well alright." Said Techie with suspicion. As the day went on they did what they would normally do, only Ninroot talked less and was more silently awkward. Later that day Techie got a letter from the cross eyed mailmare and read it. After reading it he went to tell Ninroot what it said. Ninroot was working on the same mushroom she was working on yesterday trying to figure out if this plant had something to do with her teeth. "Hey Nin!" He called on the other side of the door "Can I come in? I need to tell you something."

Ninroot panicked "Sure come in!" She yelled nervously. "What is it?" She asked dumbly.

"It's my boss in Manehatten, he wants me to go there to help with some employment difficulties, one of the many jobs you get when you're the son of a dead business owner I guess, so I'll be gone for a few days. Ok?"

"OK do what you got to do I'll be fine." She replied trying not to open her mouth as often.

"Are you sure Nin? You've been acting... funny." He said with concern in his voice.

"Yeah I'll be fine, go handle your business." She said with a nervous grin. Techie noticed this but he just figured it was that time of the month again so he didn't fuss about it. He quickly got everything packed up and was ready to go. He kissed Nin goodbye but as he went out the door he was debating with himself whether if he felt something pointy in her mouth or not.

Since he was gone Ninroot could finally get back to work in peace, since it was late when he left she was cut short of her work time so she went to bed. What she would see next would make her fear the future relationship she would have with her mate but would also make her fear herself.

Author's Note:

Hey guys this is the last story I'll be making for a while I'll be visiting some family members in Nevada for a couple weeks so this is by goodbye gift I guess you could say. Now the transformation Ninroot is going under is obvious to us and what she will turn into is obvious to us as well but for her it's not that obvious.