• Published 15th Dec 2014
  • 1,983 Views, 59 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Spell - StormLuna



Sweetie Belle wonders what is running through Opal's mind when she attacks Rarity one morning. During Twilight Time she runs across a spell that allows animals to talk. She memorizes it and casts it on some of the pets.

  • ...
15
 59
 1,983

First Words

Author's Note:

Sweetie Belle's spell

"We wish we could communicate with our pets, yet for now we know nothing of their thoughts more or less, but now they can speak and let us know what they seek."

*In this story Scootaloo lives with Rainbow Dash and RD lives in Ponyville.

It was early in the afternoon when Sweetie Belle got home. The house was still empty as Rarity was still at work. Sweetie Belle started calling, "Opal, come here! I've got a huge surprise for you!" Finally Opal came out from Rarity's inspiration room growling and hissing. She was greeted by Sweetie Belle standing there with a beaming smile on her face. She got down at eye level with Opal but quickly Opal swatted at her and growled.

Sweetie Belle whined, "Come on Opal, I have to make direct eye contact with you for it to work."

Opal continued to growl and eventually she headed into Rarity's room and jumped up on her bed to take a nap. Sweetie Belle followed her into her sister's room and saw Opal on the bed. Opal still had her eyes open and was making eye contact with her. Sweetie Belle's horn began to glow and she recited, "We wish we could communicate with our pets, yet for now we know nothing of their thoughts more or less, but now they can speak and let us know what they seek."

The energy entered Opal's body. Opal did not like the way the energy entering her body felt and she was going to let Sweetie Belle know she didn't like it. At first she began growling and hissing, very soon she hissed, "I did not like how that felt!" Opal put her paw up to her mouth in amazement as to what just happened. She realized she had just spoke. She jumped off of Rarity's bed and began rubbing up against Sweetie Belle's legs. Opal gave her an approving smile and said, "Now I can finally tell Rarity how much I hate that swill she feeds me every morning!"

Sweetie Belle squealed at the top of her lungs, "IT WORKED OPAL! THIS IS SO EXCITING!"

Rarity heard her squealing all the way from her shop so she ran home to see what was wrong with Sweetie Belle. When she got there she found Sweetie Belle giggling and Opal rubbing up against her legs. Rarity's jaw dropped open. She asked, "Sweetie Belle, how did you get Opal to like you? She never does that to me!"

Sweetie Belle had a huge smile on her face and replied, "I don't know. Maybe she just decided to like me."

Rarity rolled her eyes and headed back to the shop. Sweetie Belle continued her conversation with Opal. She asked, "Opal, do you think we could keep this a secret for a little while?"

Opal hissed, "No. I want fresh fish and Rarity is going to know about it tomorrow morning."

Sweetie Belle continued to try to get Opal to agree to secrecy the way Owlicious did but eventually she just growled and went under Rarity's bed. Frustrated, Sweetie Belle headed over to the farm to meet with Scootaloo and Apple Bloom in their clubhouse. When she arrived Apple Bloom asked, "So Sweetie Belle, how are things at home?"

Scootaloo added, "Did you cast the spell on Opal?"

Sweetie Belle replied, "Yes I did but I don't know if she will swear secrecy like Owlicious did."

Scootaloo said, "Oh I'm sure things will be just fine. If Opal does speak to her she'll probably faint and we can drag her to her shop while she is unconscious. That way she'll just think she was imagining things."

That made Sweetie Belle feel much more at ease. She then asked, "So Apple Bloom, do you want to know what Winona is thinking?"

Apple Bloom replied, "Ah don't know. Ah don't think Applejack would be very happy if Winona started talking to her."

Sweetie Belle replied, "You know Apple Bloom, Winona is much more laid back. I bet she'll swear secrecy like Owlicious did."

After five minutes of being badgered, Apple Bloom finally caved in and the three headed down to the farm and found Winona resting behind a couple of hay bales in the barn. Sweetie Belle was giggling as they approached her. Very quickly she woke and started licking Sweetie Belle's face, making her giggle more. Apple Bloom knew this would not work this way. She looked at Winona and ordered, "Sit!"

Immediately Winona sat at attention as the three girls looked at her. Sweetie Belle knew the time had come to work her magic. She pointed her horn at Winona and it began to glow as she recited, "We wish we could communicate with our pets, yet for now we know nothing of their thoughts more or less, but now they can speak and let us know what they seek."

The energy beam from the spell quickly was absorbed into Winona's body. First she began barking and then asked "Apple Bloom, am I talking?"

Apple Bloom replied "Yep, y'all are talking."

Winona jumped up on Apple Bloom and said, "I can't wait to go say hi to Applejack! She will think this is amazing!"

Apple Bloom interrupted, "Winona, no! Applejack can't know you can talk! She'll know something is up and have Twilight come take your ability away from you!"

Winona looked dejected and ran out into the orchard. Apple Bloom said, "Oh no, if my sister finds out we are the ones responsible for this she'll ground me for life!"

Scootaloo asked, "Oh I don't think she'll be that mad. What if it makes her happy? What if it makes the work her and Winona do together easier?"

Apple Bloom interrupted, "Y'all know how old fashioned my family is. They'll think it is horrible. All we can do is hope she'll keep quiet."

Before they parted ways Sweetie Belle asked her friends, "Girls, would you come over early tomorrow morning?"

Scootaloo asked, "Why?"

Sweetie Belle replied, "If Opal talks to Rarity and she faints, I'll need help dragging her over to the boutique. If she comes to over there she'll just think she was dreaming but if she comes to at home, she'll know that Opal speaking to her did happen."

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo said in unison, "Don't worry, we'll be there before your sister is woken up."

Sweetie Belle replied, "Thanks girls, I really appreciate it."

Evening had arrived and the girls parted way. Sweetie Belle headed home hoping Opal had not said anything to Rarity, Apple Bloom sat there by the barn nervously hoping Winona would not say anything while Scootaloo had no worries going home since they had not put a spell on Tank.*