• Published 9th Jul 2014
  • 850 Views, 13 Comments

Fall Of The Solar Empire - Lobby04



A young group of rag tag rebels rise up against immense odds to fight the corrupt Celestia's tyranny.

  • ...
17
 13
 850

Realization

Alessa slept quietly, while Sophie shifted around in her cot. She had nightmares every night, about her brother, and parents death. After that night, Sophie had been completely alone, nearly trapped underneath the rubble. Sophie and dream her began to break out in a cold sweat. Running down an endless hallway with a man chasing her. Until the man grabbed her hair- pulling her into a room, the door slamming. The man had clawed her throat, and strangled her. Faint visions of his bulky hands gripping her neck so tight no air would pass. A sensation a little girl shouldn't ever have to feel. Her tiny pale hands gripping on his- pulling and useless tugging for him to free her. He must have gotten bored and tossed her aside.
Blood. Blood was all over her, the kind of stuff she only saw when getting shots or when she scraped her elbow trying to ride her tricycle. But when she screamed for her mom and dad to help her, there was no scream. No voice. Her small blue and pink nightgown was now almost covered in a scarlet red. And her hair stuck to her face from blood and tears. But what she remembers the most… Was finding her parents mutilated and almost unrecognizable on the floor of their living room. A place that had so much safety in the past now riddled with blood and sadness. Again, Sophie couldn't scream as she looked at some of the only people she knew in this world. It’s then she remembered her brother. By now her vision was hazy at best, and running was getting hard. The house was smashed, all the furniture and trinkets in the house smashed to pieces. She remembered her feet getting cut as she ran along her hallway. It hurt to much to speak as she held her neck to keep the blood from spilling out anymore. Tears swelled up in her eyes as she desperately searched for her older brother. Explosions and screaming from her neighbors houses is all she could here. And when she went to look outside for him, another explosion went off. At that age, all she could really assume is that everyone was dead. And she might die. She wa in so much pain she didn’t know what to do. It was only a moment until she passed out from bloodloss. She didn’t know why, but people has went around collecting all the children and fixing them up. All the younger kids, they were put in a Academy, one ruled by Celestia. After a few years, Sophie decided she wanted out and eventual escaped the awful place. And this was how she ended up like this.
Sophie shot up, panting as she did- she hated that dream more then anything, except for that man. She hated that man for killing her parents and taking away her old life. All she wanted was her family back.
The sun just barely making its appearance for the day. Dust lingered in the air, becoming visible with daylight. Storm sat alone at the table, staring at the map that Silverbeam left. He couldn’t remember much about his past, but a whole lot of things clicked. He knew his parents were long gone. But, there was something about Sophie that triggered all of these things. Silver had let Storm know that his parents were actually big contributors to the NLR. Which at the time was more of a secret organization and small rioters or protesters. That his parents were aware of the danger of having kids but were too in love to not have had them. Besides, Storm was already born before the parents were completely active in these affairs. His sister was merely a bonus. His parents had never dreamed of Celestia actually sending troops to slaughter, and destroy their homes, and even innocent people. That day was the real start of the NLR, people were enraged at the deaths of all these people they knew. Storm shut his eyes tightly for a moment, before opening them slowly. His blue eyes shifted around the room. Checking no one was close to him, he took the locket out of his shirt and popped it open.
Sophie wiped the sweat off her forehead and looked over to see sweater girl asleep, and nice guy was awake, staring at something. She was good at being quiet, so she tip-toed over to him. peeking over his shoulder. Her breathing stopped for a second. The locket he was holding had a picture in it that was too familiar.
Quickly, she moved over to get Storms attention now, her gaze shifted from him to her pocket, where she pulled out a crinkled paper. She unfolded it- It was the same one in the locket. All the folds and smudges of who knows what couldn’t block the similarities in the picture. There was no doubt that this was the same picture. A little tiny girl with long curls that partially covered her face and a small pink dress with a big bow in the back. A boy only a few years ahead of her, black short hair and a goofy grin with a missing tooth. Two seemingly loving people behind the two, holding their hands and smiling. The women who had very long curly black hair had her head rested on the man with strawberry blond hair. Who’s Jawline visibly resembled Storm’s.
Sophie pointed to the tiny girl, then herself. Then to the boy, and back to Storm. Her eyes filled with tears, someone from her family was still alive? She had assumed that... he brother died when they'd destroyed her house. Storm turned around and stared at Sophie. Then he looked back at the photo. Then at sophies photo. Tears filled his eyes. For so many years he had thought he had no one. No mother, no father, nothing.He was taken in by the NLR when he was young and given him a name and a place. Sophie looked at her brother and mouthed the word 'you'?
Storm learned to trust no one. But now...he had someone. He looked at Sophie for a long time, and just hugged her. Siblings finally having one another in this world. Things seemed to get a little brighter.