• Published 10th Jul 2014
  • 562 Views, 33 Comments

We Need A Vacation - Gleaming



Two musicians look to take a vacation in a city of fame and infamy.

  • ...
2
 33
 562

Strange Circumstances


[/hr]

CHAPTER TWO: STRANGE CIRCUMSTANCES


[/hr]

Octavia’s ears perked up at the sound of Vinyl’s body rolling off the bed with a loud thud. She turned off her alarm to get this morning started already.

‘’I shouldn’t be surprised that you are worn out, are you ready to go outside for a day in the city?’’ She asked.

Walking over to the window to open the blinds, Vinyl Scratch removed her glasses and made sure to shield her eyes from the glaring sun. The brightness of it peeped through the blinds, and the white mare kept her eyes covered with her foreleg until the bright glare started to die down.

‘’I would, but I prefer to stay in the room or at least go to the pool,’’ Vinyl retorted, thinking of another excuse to stay in the hotel.

‘’You can’t just stay in here all day while I go out, besides, we’re going to a club tonight and then tomorrow night we can go to Hinny of the Hills,’’ Octavia had a huge smirk plastered on her face, adjusting her pink bowtie and white collar.

‘’Tavi, you do know that I only go out to clubs and other places that attract ponies like me, the partying, laidback ponies who rebel against authority,’’ Vinyl explained, proving her point firmly.

‘’I understand that, but you should really interact with more ponies other than those ponies you befriend that are always drunk at the bar.’’ Octavia lectured, looking into the cupboards of the kitchen for some coffee mix.

‘’Whatever you say, babe. I do enough interacting with you and other ponies, it took me years to get used to you. Honestly, was it worth it?’’ Vinyl asked with a cackle, walking over to the couch in the living room and kicked her hooves up on the coffee table.

Vinyl wrapped her hoof around the lid of a soda can, turning on the metal center and releasing her hoof when a small click opened the lid. ‘’So don’t you worry your pretty little head, once we go out tonight to the nightclub. I’m sure that you’ll have fun.’’

The gray mare grabbed a bag of coffee mix from the cupboards, scooping a fair amount of its contents into the pot. She poured water into it and flicked the ‘ON’ button up. Soon the room was filled with the delicious smell of coffee, and the low rumbling noise it made.


“Here, Vinyl,” Octavia said, handing her best friend a cup of coffee. Vinyl Scratch nodded her thanks and began drinking thirstily. Octavia herself took a cup, and together they enjoyed the peacefulness of the morning.

Soon afterwards, the ponies got ready for an exciting day. Octavia added a few shiny bracelets to her attire while Vinyl polished her shades.

“So, where first? Immortal 21? Goochee?”

Vinyl thought for a minute. Shrugging, she replied,

“Surprise me.”


[/hr]

It had been a long day, shopping at expensive stores and eating at fancy restaurants. Now, the sun had set and the pair were heading back to the hotel, their bodies overloaded with bags of things they had bought.

Vinyl had gotten a new iHoof Nano, and was bobbing her head up and down as she listened to her favorite Wubstep artist, ‘Grill X’. Together, the mares arrived in their room and unloaded.

“Hey, Octy, you ready for a wild night?”

“I guess, Vinyl.”

The ponies dressed up, Vinyl brandishing a new shirt that read ‘The Wubs’, one of her favorite bands. Octavia simply changed her usually bland bowtie, now wearing a sparkly red one. She looked herself up and down in the mirror. Finally satisfied with her appearance, she turned to Vinyl.

“Do you think I could make some bits if I had brought my cello from our apartment back at home?”

Vinyl thought about this.

“Hm,” she replied, “Maybe, but it’d probably get broken.”

The mares smiled at each other, and headed down the hall to the elevator. Starting now, they were going to have a wild night.


[/hr]

“WOOH, TURN IT UP, DJ!”

Vinyl Scratch yelled at the top of her drunken lungs, causing Octavia to blush furiously at the bar. In response, the DJ did turn up the music, earning a scream of joy from Vinyl and a groan from Octavia.

During her wild dancing, Vinyl bumped into another mare, who had been standing quietly, levitating a drink with her horn. The drink splashed all over the pony’s fancy dress, and she stared at Vinyl in horror. The drunk white mare, however, only smiled and hiccupped.

“Sorry, hehe, didn’t- hic- see you there, hic!”

Vinyl resumed her dancing and screaming, blending in with the rest of the club’s crowd. Octavia, horrified at what she had just seen, trotted over to the mare. She handed the other pony a hooful of napkins and apologized.

“I’m terribly sorry, my friend’s a bit drunk right now,” she said, awkwardly smiling.The mare cocked an eyebrow and huffed,

“A bit? Yeah, okay.” This harsh response caused Octavia to blush and glare at her friend, who was gathering quite a few stares when she attempted a hoof-stand.

“I’m Octavia, by the way,” Octavia said, offering a hoof. The mare shook it.

“Garnet Carnation.”


[/hr]

After that, Octavia enjoyed herself a few cocktails and got slightly tipsy, saying things to stallions she would never had said if she’d been sober. Vinyl Scratch was as energetic as ever, laughing and drinking and dancing. One, in her dance, she’d bucked a stallion right in the face. Everypony could see that she’d clearly knocked one or two of his teeth out.

“Okay, Vinyl, you need to go home,” Octavia said, hiccuping once. She dragged her friend out of the club, the stallion giving her an ugly stare.

“Oh, you’re a mess,” Octavia’s nose scrunched up as she smelled countless types of booze on her friend’s breath.

“I sure had- hic- fun,” Vinyl replied. With that, the two drunkenly made their way back to the hotel, Vinyl singing loudly in the dead of the night.


[/hr]

Vinyl and Octavia wobbled on their hooves when they reached their hotel room door, they stumbled into it and forcibly slammed the door.

Upon their entry into the living room, Octavia poked Vinyl and said, ‘’I had a fun time with you tonight, Vinyl. I’m going to go take a hot bath, I have the stench of perspiration and booze on me.’’ Octavia walked out of the room and into the bathroom, and closed the door behind her.

Turning the faucet on the bathtub, water came streaming out of the shower head.

The water washed all around her gray coat, as the liquid removed all of the sweat and booze on her body. Octavia sprayed the water on her mane, washing her mane with the soap and water to make sure that she would look nice for the next day.

She turned off the shower head, wrapped the towel around her, and walked back into the room only to see Vinyl turning the volume up on the television. The hotel room was shaking vigorously, it felt like an earthquake hit them head on.

Octavia covered her ears and dropped down on the floor, she glared at the distracted musician and her complaint was blocked out by the music, ‘’Vinyl, turn the music down!’’

Vinyl hopped around with the neon headphones, unaware of Octavia calling her. ‘’What?’’

She snorted and smacked her on the forehead, ‘’Turn it down!’’

Vinyl reached her foreleg over to the remote, lazily laying on the couch, and turned the volume down. ‘’Sorry about that Octy, I’m still drunk from that fun time we had at the nightclub.’’

‘’That’s all fine and dandy, but I need to go to sleep. All I can say is, we’re going to see Hinny of the Hills tomorrow night to repay you for that fun night.’’

‘’Okay then, good night.’’ Vinyl turned up the volume again, once Octavia laid in the bed.

‘’Nights like these make me want to play with my orchestra, but it could be worse.’’ Octavia closed her eyes, until she felt her body bumping up and down on the floor.

‘’Time to turn up the volume!’’ Vinyl danced along with the music, rocking her head back and forth.

‘’It just got worse.’’ Octavia sighed, as she laid on the floor near the bed. Octavia reminded herself to limit Vinyl’s ability to drink a lot of booze.


[/hr]

“Yes, this is the best vacation ever! Booze every night, spending bits and having fun? Yeah, that’s paradise,” Vinyl Scratch said. Her and Octavia were sitting in a nice cafe, enjoying high-quality coffee. Octavia nodded, and poured some cream into her coffee. Vinyl dumped at least four packets of sugar into her own cup, and slurped from it greedily.

“Hey, we should get some pho,” Vinyl said, “I heard it’s really good hangover food.”

Octavia scratched her chin. “Hmm, okay. Is it good?”

Vinyl shrugged. They finished their drinks in silence, wondering how good pho was.

They’d soon find out.

Author's Note:

We're approaching the end, two chapters to go. Sorry to keep all of you readers waiting for this chapter, I had to extract the Writer's Block out of my head, ask for help with editing and writing, anything that could guarantee everyone to enjoy the story.

You have to thank my editors for putting in as much effort as possible with this story, so thank you guys! Prepare for the last two chapters.