• Published 10th Jul 2014
  • 562 Views, 33 Comments

We Need A Vacation - Gleaming



Two musicians look to take a vacation in a city of fame and infamy.

  • ...
2
 33
 562

Pack Your Bags

CHAPTER ONE: PACK YOUR BAGS


[/hr]


Vinyl and Octavia were packing their things for their trip, both of them packing the exact opposite of what they need. Octavia was packing her essentials, while Vinyl was packing whatever she deemed fit to bring on their trip.

But before Octavia could pack up her cello, Vinyl said, ''Octy, you can't bring your cello with you that is why it's called a vacation.''

The musical virtuoso agreed to comply with the disc jockey's statement, setting her cello over to the side. ''Vinyl, I won't bring my instrument of musical success if you don't bring your bottle of Flank Daniels.'' she gestured at the brown glass bottle on Vinyl's side of the bed.

''I guess kissing you while I'm drunk is out of the question, isn't it?'' the alabaster mare enveloped her Haywaiian shirt in her magic and placed it in her suitcase. She giggled at her question, giving her roommate a sly grin with her eyebrows raised.

‘’When it comes to making jokes about trivial matters, you’re the best at it.’’ the cellist tried to stifle a giggle, but failed to do so.

‘’I wouldn’t say that, I’m only good for playing music for patrons at night clubs. I can also be good for getting drunk and making love to anyone at night.'' Vinyl was well aware that Octavia never understood her jokes, but they do enjoy sharing a laugh together.

‘’That is why I’ll never understand you, Vinyl. But I will admit.. If I did share an intimate feeling for you, perhaps I dare say that it would put an end to our mutual relationship.'' Octavia admitted, packing the last of her belongings in her suitcase and closing the suitcase.

‘’It’s what makes me who I am, you never know what to expect from me. I'm not just your average mare, more of a mixed bag of sexy and crazy that brings all the stallions to the yard.''

Vinyl turned her back and shook her flank around at Octavia, looking at her eyes dart to the side with her red face heating up. ''Oh come on Tavi! Don't hide your feelings. You have to really convey your emotions, it would be pointless not to see your face when I'm teasing you.''

Octavia’s gaze was focused solely on Vinyl’s flank, but she needed to focus. A mare who defines the crème de la crème in the fanciest way imaginable, knows how to control herself in the most dire of situations.

Vinyl winked at Octavia, she packed the last of her items as well. ‘’We’d better get going to the train, shall we?’’ she questioned, leading the way out of their apartment room.

‘’Let’s do this, gracefully that is.’’ Octavia said as she trotted out of the apartment room, holding her suitcase as Vinyl followed suit and was holding her own as well.


[/hr]

They walked to the train station, where a train was waiting for them at the station. As the conductor checked his golden watch for the time and walked back into the train, two musicians entered the locomotive soon after for its next destination, Manehattan.

Passing by all of the fields and long stretches of land, the train goes under an underground tunnel leading to the Manehattan Underground Train Station. The doors of the train opened, many ponies filed out of the train station to explore the area around them.

They walked past the rats and newspaper vendors selling scandals to the public, that most ponies would ignore but only the gossip obsessed ponies are into that. Walking up the grimy, grotesque steps leading out of the train station, Octavia and Vinyl’s cheeks filled with vomit but they covered their mouths from the experience that the nasty scenery gave them.

‘’Geez, for a city that never sleeps they really have a bad way to introduce public transportation for the ponies who’ve never been to Manehattan.’’ Vinyl complained, turning her head to a crowd of ponies lined up outside of the Bridleway Theater.

‘’Fancy cities like these tend to have a lot more to be desired, but I digress. We should ask for directions for a hotel to stay at, for the duration of our vacation.’’ Octavia explained, narrowing her eyes to search for a pony to ask.

The only problem was trying to find a pony who wasn’t in a hurry or waiting for a taxi.

Tall buildings and ponies rushing throughout the bustling metropolis, a city that is known for its fame and catapulting celebrities to the top, can attract many ponies from all over Equestria. Just to catch a glimpse of the glitz and glamor, that is Manehattan.

They gazed in awe at the skyscrapers and buildings that made up the city, trying not to remember the disgusting train station they departed from.

Vinyl and Octavia ran throughout the streets of Manehattan, dodging slow walking ponies before bumping into a mare with a white coat, a long, black mane , and red eyes. They all fell onto the sidewalk simultaneously, looking up at the clear, blue sky without a gray cloud above.

‘’Hey, watch where you’re going!’’ the mare shouted at the top of her lungs.

‘’We didn’t mean to bump into you, yelling is totally uncalled for.’’ Octavia stated, as Vinyl helped her up on her hooves.

‘’She’s got a point there, stranger. You can’t just yell at us if it was your own fault, for running into us in the first place.’’ Vinyl added, feeling annoyed at this random mare that they’ve never met.

‘’So, why are you two in such a hurry?’’ the mare asked curiously.


‘’We’re looking for directions to the Mane Fair Hotel, to see if they have a room available for both of us.’’ they said in unison, waiting for an answer.

‘’If you must know, the Mane Fair Hotel is down the street from here. Just keep walking straight and you’ll find it, now I have to go.’’ she galloped away from the two musicians, completely out of sight before they could ask her another question.

‘’To the Mane Fair Hotel, we shall go!’’ Octavia raised her hoof up in the air, and they galloped down the street to the hotel.


[/hr]

Concluding their trip to the Mane Fair Hotel, they couldn’t help but look up at the tall hotel in all of its astounding glory. Two pink flags with a golden horseshoe and an elegant curly insignia were positioned above two silver pony statues, where a bellhop was waiting outside at the entrance of the hotel and smiled.

As they approached the bellhop with their luggage, the bellhop held out his hoof and said, ‘’Welcome to the Mane Fair Hotel, may I take your luggage?’’ he asked politely.

‘’Yes, you may.’’ Octavia handed her suitcase to the bellhop, trotting happily into the lobby of the hotel.

‘’Here you go, pretty boy!’’ Vinyl levitated her suitcase and dropped it near the bellhop, as he brought out a luggage cart.

She followed Octavia into the hotel lobby while the bellhop brought their luggage in the lobby, walking over to the front desk. ‘’Excuse me, are there any available rooms?’’

The mare at the front desk checked all of the hotel room keys, she noticed the remaining keys left on the wall behind her. ‘’Actually, we do have a few rooms available.’’

Vinyl let out a yawn, desperately trying to cover her mouth. ‘’Octy, please tell me that we’re going to get our room with a fully-stocked fridge of hard cider.’’

Octavia rolled her eyes and ignored Vinyl’s comment. ‘’Anyway, we’ll take Room 102. Do we get a complimentary breakfast every morning?’’

‘’Every hotel client who stays at this hotel, receives a complimentary breakfast. Here is the key to your room.’’ she removed the key from the wall and gave the key to Octavia. ‘’Enjoy your stay here!’’

‘’Come on, Vinyl.’’ Octavia looked down at Vinyl sleeping on the floor, covering her ears to block out her snoring. ‘’Room 102, please.’’

‘’Sure thing, ma’am.’’ the bellhop pressed the up button near the elevator, as the button lit up green while the elevator doors slid wide open. ‘’Right this way, ladies.’’

Octavia pulled up the DJ’s body on her shoulder, her arms swaying around on her back. The two of them as Octavia held Vinyl's body, walking into the elevator as the doors closed shut, taking them up to the first floor.

Conveniently as it was, their room was right near the elevator so it wouldn’t be a problem for them to roam around the hotel. The elevator opened once again, they walked over to the room while the bellhop unloaded their suitcases from the luggage cart.

‘’Here we are, your room is right here. If you need any help at all, don’t hesitate to call me from your room or call room service for your needs that can make your stay here as comfortable as possible.’’ the bellhop held his hoof out, as Octavia left a fair amount of bits for him.

‘’Thank you so much, we appreciate you helping us today on our first day here in Manehattan and at this hotel.’’ Octavia smiled, she turned the doorknob and opened the door.‘’

‘’You’re welcome, Octavia. Do you need any help in bringing your friend in there?’’ he asked, pointing his hoof down at her friend.

‘’No, I got this. Thanks again.’’ Octavia replied, as the bellhop went into the elevator and it took him downstairs to the lobby.

‘’Flank Daniels!’’ Octavia shouted, giggling to herself.

‘’Where?’’ Vinyl opened her eyes instantly, as the cellist dragged her into the room. ‘’You lied to me.’’

‘’It was the only way to get you to wake up, besides you can’t have any hard cider when I’m around.’’ Octavia smirked, reminding Vinyl of the deal that they agreed to.


[/hr]

Their luxurious room had hoof lotion, soap, shampoo, and conditioner with a wide hot tub in the center of the bathroom. As for their living room and bedroom, they had a spectacular view of the Manehattan streets below.

A large, red heart with a pool of diamonds poured out of the heart that gave the room its romantic ambiance that many clients enjoy when staying at this prestigious hotel. Octavia’s mouth agape showed how shocked she was to see the hotel go all out, Vinyl was too busy daydreaming about Flank Daniels but a pool of drool flowed out of her mouth.

‘’This room is one sight to see, I love it. How about you, Vinyl?’’ Octavia looked beside her, but Vinyl made a beeline for the fridge to check for her cider goodness.

She opened the fridge without hesitation, only to be disappointed at the lack of Flank Daniels that could give her hangovers for a week at least. ‘’Well, my first time here and I’m already sad.’’ Vinyl’s eyes filled with tears, propping her glasses to cover her eyes.

Octavia walked over to Vinyl, nuzzling her close to there. ‘’There, there.’’

Vinyl sniffled, wiping her tears away. ‘’We should go to a club tomorrow.’’

Octavia’s eyes shot out of her head. ‘’Fine, only if we get to go to see some Bridleway performances, we should go see Hinny of the Hills.’’ Her face lit up, imagining the look on Vinyl’s face if she went to something like this.

‘’Fine, but only if I get to bring drinks with me.’’

‘’But, you can’t smuggle drinks into a theater.’’

‘’Oh, Octavia, you must not know me that well yet.’’ Vinyl hid her sinister grin, she laid on the floor of the kitchen.

‘’I’m watching you closely.’’ Octavia glared at Vinyl, pointing her the edge of her hoof at both of them.

Author's Note:

Another chapter fresh out of the oven, sorry for taking so long with this one. Thanks to JR Black Wing for editing and assisting me with writing this chapter, I was able to finish this chapter. So, here you go guys, enjoy!