• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 1,019 Views, 586 Comments

Quest of the cool pony - Eder the cool kid



The sequel adventure, of a red alicorn that will beacome into a hero, like Shepherd of fire.

  • ...
150
 586
 1,019

Chapter 1: The visitor.

The next day, it was Equestria’s global anniversary; everypony was preparing the decorations, flags, etc. Among the crowd, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were sitting together discussing the big day.

“Oh boy Dashie, aren’t you excited?! The best day ever on Equestria!” said Pinkie Pie as she jumped for joy.

“Yeah, I’ve been thinking about having the rest of us being with the Wonderbolts today, but Twilight has been on the deck of the castle with her telescope.” said Rainbow Dash, feeling a little down.

Pinkie wrapped her arm around her blue Pegasus friend, “I guess you’re right, why didn’t she come to join us?”

As Dash & Pinkie looked out to Twilight’s castle, the purple Alicorn was observing Canterlot as they prepared for the big event as well. She was feeling a little depressed, “You know Spike? I was wondering how Equestria would be without us.”

“Come on, Twilight. You’ve saved Equestria from many threats. Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra, and Tirek. Because of that, you’re a hero.” Said the little purple dragon as he gave her a cup of tea.

“Well I’m not exactly a hero, I’m a princess. I should be looking out for this kingdom, not defending it. Does Equestria want somepony coming from Canterlot on a hot air balloon just to learn about friendship like me to be a hero?”

Spike walked down the stairs with the empty tray, “Well hey, you never know. Maybe somepony will do that one day.”

Coincidentally, as Twilight looked out on her telescoped at Canterlot, she saw a hot air balloon coming towards Ponyville with somepony on it.

Applejack was preparing the concession stands along with Rarity, who was preparing the ribbons. As the orange pony finished setting up the last stand, she spoke to her generous friend, “This is a lot of hard work for this special day, right Rarity?”

“Indeed it is darling. I really hate working like this, but if it’s for something this important, I’m more than happy to help.” Said the white unicorn as she set up the last ribbon on the town hall.
“That’s understandable, maybe after the event we can go to the park with the girls.” Said Applejack as she walked with Rarity.

“That sounds wonderful. Anyway let’s have our break; I have drinks for us Applejack.” Said Rarity as the two walked down to her house.

As the two mares keep walking, they saw the hot air balloon descending upon Ponyville.

“Hey uh, Rarity? Don’t mind me askin’ but do you feel a strange sense of déjà vu?” asked Applejack as she looked up at the hot air balloon.

“Darling, I was just about to ask the same thing.” Said Rarity, also staring at the balloon.

Applejack started walking down to the middle of Ponyville as she spoke to her friend, “Well, what are we doing staring at it for? Let’s go see what all the commotion is.”

All the ponies were gathered around Ponyville, socializing about the upcoming visitor. Some ponies said that it’s nice to see another pony come to Ponyville. Others said they couldn’t wait to meet him or her there. They all began to wonder who the pony could be. Was he or she kind, funny, or possibly… a hero?

“Well, from all the conversations I’m hearing, a new pony is arriving!” said Rarity as she walked into the crowd. “This seems exciting, doesn’t it Applejack?”

Applejack nodded as she spoke, “It sure does. Can’t wait to meet the visitor!”

“Um, I don’t know. I’m a little too… nervous… to meet him.” Said the sensitive Pegasus; Fluttershy.

Rarity came up close to her friend, “Oh nonsense Fluttershy, what’s there to be nervous about meeting a new pony?”

“Oh, it’s just… I’m not too good with talking to new ponies.” Said Fluttershy in her soft, whisper-like voice.

As the hot air balloon touched the ground, everypony gathered around to meet the new pony that arrived, and as the door to the air balloon opened, a red pony was standing inside. “Umm… hello.”

Pinkie Pie just burst with joy as she came close to the red pony. “OMIGOSH! A red pony! He’s so red I wanna hug him!”

So Pinkie jumped on the red pony and squeezed him tightly with joy, almost choking him. “Ack- Hey, you’re hurting me.”

“Yeah c’mon Pinkie, let him go.” said a Pegasus that looked like Rainbow Dash.

Applejack came up to the red pony, “You okay there partner?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ve never met a pony that could hug so tight.” Said the red pony.

Rainbow Dash flew next to Applejack as she spoke to the red pony, “Sorry bout’ that kiddo, she’s just happy to meet you.”

“Yeah, we all are. Welcome to Ponyville.” said a pony from the crowd.

“Nice to meet you… I’m Fluttershy.” said the yellow Pegasus.

Rarity was the next to speak to the red pony, “Nice to meet you darling, my name is Rarity. Don’t worry, I’m very gentle and generous.”

Pinkie Pie came hopping about like before as she introduced herself, “Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie! You know who I am already though after that big hug I gave you! Then again you don’t cause we just met!”

Spike came up from the castle with Twilight, “Good to meet ya, I’m Spike! I’m Princess Twilight’s best friend and servant.”

“Name’s Applejack, I live on the Apple Family Farm just on that hill over yonder.” Said Applejack, introducing herself like the rest.

At this point, all the other ponies began introducing themselves. “I’m Squidzle, and I’m a master dancer here in Equestria!”

“Hi there, name’s Sunshade, the master of love.”

“My name’s Felix. I’m an expert at inventions. Whatever you need, I can make it.”

Rainbow Dash was the next in the line of introductions, “Heya! Name’s Rainbow Dash; best flyer in Equestria.”

The Pegasus that looked like her was next in line, “I’m her brother, Dash Junior; pretty much the same as her.”

Twilight was the last of introductions. As she walked up to the red pony, everyone began bowing for her. “And I’m Princess Twilight, the Princess of Friendship. It’s very good to have you here.”

The Red Pony was surprised; he never thought he would meet so many ponies here, rather he didn’t think that they would all be friends with him. It brought a smile to his face. “Well, nice to meet you all.”

“What’s your name?” asked Spike.

“My name’s Eder; Eder the cool pony.” Said the red pony in response to the purple dragon’s question.

“That’s a “cool” title for your name.” said Rainbow Dash, chuckling.

“Ha ha ha, very funny RD.” said Applejack with much sarcasm.

Twilight got a closer look at Eder after having a swift thought. “You remind us of a friend of ours; Star Blade.”

Applejack looked at Eder in realization, “Yeah, now that you mention it, you do look just like him!”

“That’s because I’m his brother.”

The Mane Six, as well as some of the other ponies, looked quite surprised from what they heard from Eder. However, Twilight was the most surprised of them all. “He’s your brother?!”

Eder smiled as he replied to Twilight, “Yeah, his little brother.”

“Wow… I didn’t know he had a brother.” Said Rainbow Dash, who was starting to feel a little down. “Why did he never tell us about it?”

“Perhaps he wanted to keep family business a personal thing.” Suggested Rarity.

“Well, I guess that makes some sense.” Said Applejack. “Though I just wish he told us something about his family before he left…”

Eder looked confused, “Left?”

“Oh don’t worry about it, it’s nothing. He… left… a while back.” Said Rarity, trying not to tell too much about their friend.

Eder wasn’t completely convinced, but he accepted those words nonetheless. Just after that conversation was over, Twilight spoke to Eder, “Anyway, how about we go to the Castle of Friendship and talk there.”

“But first, I’m gonna tickle him!” said Pinkie as she jumped on Eder again as he began to laugh. “No w-wait, that’s tickles!”

As Eder continued laughing, he opened his wings, revealing that he was an alicorn, surprising the whole crowd, even Twilight who found it hard to believe. “W-w-what?! Y-y-you’re an alicorn?!”

Eder got back on his hooves as he said, “Yeah, I’m an alicorn.”

As everypony looked at each other in confusion, Twilight Sparkle was thinking to herself about something she was told some time ago, and decided to talk with the red pony. “Eder, we need to have a chat about this, come to the castle with me.”

So Eder followed Twilight and Spike to the castle as everypony were now talking about Eder.