• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 2,952 Views, 86 Comments

Us Against the World - Chelis



Big Mac and Fluttershy starts to bond when their new school labels them as outcasts on the very first day. As time goes on, their friendship eventually grows to something more. but, when a new rumor surfaces about Fluttershy, everything changes.

  • ...
29
 86
 2,952

Foaling

Fluttershy was never one to run, though a few circumstances changed that mindset. One text from her boyfriend changed that. She bolted out the door, through the meadow, and the woods. It was early April, and the tall grass reached Fluttershy knees, which kept her to the dirt road once she ran into it, since she could run into a snake or an underground yellow jacket's nest.

By the time she reached the end of the forest, she was already out of breath, but the urge to beat the clock kept her going, making her legs move in a machine like manner because her brain was screaming at her to stop.

She knew what was waiting for her at the apple family barn. But, due to the complexity of it, she didn't know if she had hours or minutes to see it take place.

As the barn came closer, her pace increased. Her heavy panting stood out from the sounds of the birds and the rustling of the leaves in the afternoon breeze. Past the wooden gate that marked the entrance to Sweet Apple Acres. Instead of the house, she went straight to the barn next door, and stopped. She leaned over, with her hands on her thighs, panting heavily.

"I... am... here... miracle... birth..."

She had a look of despair on her face when she looked up inside the barn. The Apple family was at the corner of the barn. In front of them, a mare was standing still, eating a fresh bale of hay that was placed for her after the ordeal. Her mane was wet with sweat, her breathing still as heavy as the second she went into labor. Under her was her foal, drinking from her mother's udders.

"B-but it only took me 15 minutes!" Fluttershy gasped as she walked her way inside the barn to join the apple clan.

"She was outta there as soon as he sent the word." Granny Smith reported.

"Yea, a bit anti-climatic to say the least," Applejack replied.

"I'm scarred for life!" Applebloom happily announced.

They watched on as the mare and foal were in the beginning of their new relationship. A mother caring for the child, the child just ride off her mother's work. It was also a conversation starter for them.

"I can’t wait to be a mother," Apple Bloom sighed.

"You can wait, at least wait four years," Applejack winked at her. "How about you two, when am I gonna be an aunt?"

Fluttershy and Big Macintosh shot blank glares at her. A more of a "really?" than a displeasure.

"Sorry yall, just yanking yer chains," Applejack laughed.

Big Macintosh left the group to continue with his chores around the barn, leaving Fluttershy to continue to watch in awe at the young foal's first few hours of life.

"I know about you two," Applejack whispered to Fluttershy.

Her skin began to crawl and broke into a cold sweat.

"I-I have n-no idea what you're talking about?"

"Aw c'mon sugarcube. You two are close, and a cute couple. If you want, I can hook you up with him. " Applejack offered.

"I'll have to think about it," she said as she walked out of the barn. In front of the barn was a pickup truck, its bed stacked with bales of hay. She climbed to the top, as Big Macintosh stood on the tailgate, placing one bale at a time on the small conveyor belt that moved the bales into the barn.

"She is talking about it again," Fluttershy sighed."She thinks we should date,"

"Yep, I think we both know that won't work out," Big Mac answered.

"I mean we are so different," she replied.

"Eeyup,"

"I like animals, you like eating them."

"I like apples, you eat oranges," Big Mac glared, which made Fluttershy giggle

"I like soup, you like salad," she announced.

"You put ketchup in the fridge."

Both of them began to laugh. "Can't believe that was a rumor."

It was then that Applejack walked out of the barn and headed to the house, a smug smile aimed at the both of them, her eyes screaming "I got my eyes on both of you," in a friendly matter.

"She is onto us, we should break up," Big Mac joked.

"Over your dead body," Fluttershy smiled as she hopped down from the stack of hay. She patted the hay off her dress and walked up to Big Mac, who decided to take a breather on the shadow side of the pile and out of the view of the house. Hidden from Big Macintosh's family, but in full view of the feeding mare and nursing foal, the two young couple shared one last kiss goodbye. It was quick, but tender.

"See you in class," Fluttershy whispered as she walked back home, sharing a wave to her boyfriend.

Author's Note:

I have a skype group for fans, writers, and editors. If you want to join the madness here is the link https://join.skype.com/MkJbzfI1D8o2