• Published 11th Aug 2014
  • 748 Views, 5 Comments

Half and Half - NyxIsBestPony



Skieflyer is a just a normal filly... so why is she not allowed to play with the other foals?

  • ...
1
 5
 748

Next Stop: Ponyville

Skieflyer yawned and trotted into the kitchen. “G’moring Mom,” she said cheerfully. She glanced at her saddle bags—which were packed as full as possible—as her mom attempted to close them. “What are you doing?”

Spitfire glanced up and smiled. “Your father and I have decided that you are going to be stay with your Aunt Shady Moon in Ponyville for the school-year. It’ll be a long flight, since currently Cloudsdale is right above Fillydelphia.”

“Oh, okay,” Skieflyer said. “So, where exactly is this ‘Ponyville’?” she asked.

“Well, it’s not exactly near to Canterlot, but you can see it from there,” Spitfire said, as she continued to force the saddlebags closed.

“So, when do we leave?” Skieflyer questioned.

“Oh, I won’t be coming with you, your aunt is coming here. And since she left last night, she should be here any minute now.”

“Great, somepony I don’t even know is coming to take me on a very long flight to a place I’ve never even heard of!” Skieflyer muttered under her breath.

• • •

Seven long, boring hours of riding on her aunt’s back—and occasionally flying—later they finally arrived in Ponyville.

“Well, here we are, home sweet home!” Shady Moon said cheerfully. “You’ll be spending the school-year with me and get to make plenty of new friends at school! Won’t that be fun?”

Skieflyer rolled her eyes. “Yes, it will, and can we please just get to your house, so I can set my stuff down?”

“Right, of course,” Shady Moon started trotting in the other direction. “My house is this way.”

• • •

Shady Moon walked Skieflyer to school on the first day. “Now, don’t forget,” Shady said “Make as many friends as possible, and I’ll see you at three.”

Skieflyer trotted into the classroom and sat down in a desk, not looking at any of her new classmates.

The bell rang and she glanced up to see a magenta mare with three smiling flowers as her cutie mark.

“Good-morning, class,” the mare smiled as she said this.

“Good-morning, Miss Cheerilee,” the class chorused.

“Today we have a new student joining our class, her name is Skieflyer and I hope that you will welcome her.” Cheerilee smiled at Skieflyer. “Why don’t you come up to the front and tell us a little bit about yourself?”

Skieflyer flattened her ears, as all eyes turned to look at her as she went up to the front of the classroom. “H-Hi,” she stammered nervously “As y-you know, m-my name’s Skief-flyer. I am staying w-with my Aunt Sh-shady M-moon…” Skieflyer trailed off when she heard some snickers from some of the other foals.

Cheerilee smiled and sent her back to her seat before starting the lesson.

Skieflyer stared down at her desk. I wish I had never asked to go to school!