• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 652 Views, 6 Comments

Rarity dates Prince Nightshade - Dream Volt



Rarity dates a changeling prince that serves Luna

  • ...
6
 6
 652

To Sweet Apple Acres

It was a wonderful day and not even the dustiness of the acres could bother me. Especially since I know had my dust repelling spell. There are times when it doesn't seem worth it trying to learn from Twilight, she's certainly happy enough but for me it is trying. But then she teaches me something truly marvelous and all is forgiven. I was smiling widely, but Applejack frowned slightly and raised an eyebrow.

"Sugarcube, why exactly are you gushing to me about yer date. Ah mean…"

"Well I can't help it of course. He is just such a gem of a stallion. Perfect manners, a fascinating job, the title of course, and then being a changeling. There were some obvious pluses there, but they're really a fascinating people."

"Ah guess. I'm still not too fond of them, even though Nightshade helped me get rid of that there infestation down south. I'm really thankful to him for that, but…"

"You don't like a race that's more or less designed to lie."

"It ain't just that. That stallion ain't gonna betray Equestria, but he sure as hay might leave a trail of broken hearts behind him."

"And, what exactly are you basing that on?"

Applejack blinked, then looked into my eyes. "That's why yer here, ain't it? You want the dirt on him and the only one you know that got any?"

"Yes and no. I am curious if you know anything I don't, but I doubt it. Truthfully I've told all the girls. Fluttershy is happy for me, as is Dash I believe. Though all she said was, he seems cool."

"Yea, that could mean a lot, but Dash seems to like the idea he's been loyal to Equestria all this time. Course we figured this out after talking over why she seemed to have no problem with him unlike the other changelings."

"Ah. Twilight was also happy for me, but went into a rant about expectations for dating and romance so quickly, and a dour mood change to go with it, that I'm not entirely sure."

"Sounds to me more like she is happy for you, but maybe ain't happy for herself, or is and somepony else is making her think she shouldn’t be. Don't pay it no mind."

I nodded. "Of course." Then I sighed "Pinkie is clearly happy for me, however I had a harrowing time convincing her not to throw me a Rarity did it party."

"When you said did it do ya mean…"

"I mean in just those words, did it. I still don't know for certain what she meant, but eventually I convinced her that while, had a date, would be appropriate I didn't want a celebration for that either."

"And that worked."

"I promised she could be in charge of our wedding."

"Yep, that would do it. So did ya?"

"Did I what?"

"Yah know, do it."

I glared at her. "I am a lady."

She smirked. "That ain't really an answer sugarcube."

I tired to glare at her harder, but I wasn't sure that was possible. "Yes. It. Is."

Applejack just laughed. "Still ain't, but ah guess ah know the answer well enough, don't ah? She laughed. "That there is just one more reason I ain't ever been no lady."

I calmed down a bit. I was half tempted to ask, even as inappropriate as it was. My curiosity helped me quickly calm down. I looked around, searching for big brothers that should not hear me discussing such matters, and little sisters much the same for very different reasons. I then realized it was more than just Applejack's little sister that might be around, but saw no one. But before I could decide for certain to say something Applejack spoke up.

"Wait a tick sugarcube, you did make sure to tell Pinkie that's only if you get married right. Remember that whole thing when Berry promised Pinkie could do her wedding."

"That worked out rather well in the end. I mean you can see the love in their eyes, and they both clearly love their foal."

"True enough, so ah guess that's a yes you made sure."

"No, I wanted her to get started even if we haven't set a date."

Applejack just stared at me. I was very confused. She looked so utterly shocked, but I couldn't for the life of me think why.