• Published 27th Jun 2014
  • 491 Views, 19 Comments

Equestria goes dark - Lightning Splash



Equestria has gone dark, no pony knows why, save a purple one.

  • ...
3
 19
 491

Chapter four

Two thousand years ago...(Luna)...

Darkness will fall. A voice spoke. The void of eternal chaos. Stop! Your moon will die! No! DIE!
Luna awoke screaming. Celestia came in quickly.

"What is it sister?! What's wrong?" Celestia came to her side. Luna sat there, panting and shivering in fright. "It's those dreams again isn't it?" She said hugging her and rocking her. Luna pushed her away.

"They're not dreams!" She screamed. She then covered her mouth. "I'm so sorry, I-" Celestia hugged her once more.

"You say they're visions?" Luna nodded shakily. "I'm sorry sister, I did not see the toll they toke on you."

"You were dead." Luna choked out. She cried silently and Celestia hugged her tighter. "A-and the sun was gone, and the moon and stars were dead and, oh, Tia what does it mean?!" She cried fully this time, sobs racking her body. Celestia rubbed her back reassuringly, but the words she said next weren't.

"I do not know, sister. I don't know.

Present...

"Lulu, I think you have to take over." Twilight said as she felt her knees start to buckle underneath her.

"No, we can stay the night right here." Luna said.

"Here?"

"Do you not recognize these woods? You friend Zecora lives here."

"Zecora's alive?" Luna smiled and parted some vines, revealing the zebra's home. It had a homey glow from the yellow light coming from inside. Twilight walked up and knocked. Zecora's head popped out frowning. Her hair was disheveled and one eye was blood shot, the other twitched involuntarily.

"Get out!" She yelled and popped her head back inside before slamming the door. The door creaked open ever so slightly as the zebra popped her head out again. "Princess Twilight?" She let go of the door to bow.

'Zecora!" Twilight knocked her over with a hug. The zebra awkwardly got out of the embrace. She sniffed Twilight.

"Wah!" Twilight pulled away. "What are you doing?" Zecora walked up to Luna and bowed before sniffing her.

"I assure you, I am no changling." Luna said letting the zebra sniff her. Zecora gave a slight nod.

"What brings you here?" Zecora asked. Twilight was a bit confused by the question.

"You not rhyming." She stated bluntly.

"The world is in disaster, Twilight. Rhyming is a hassle. Now may I ask again, What are you doing here." Twilight looked at Luna asking what she should say.

"I think you have noticed by now, the sun has been stolen." Luna said, Zecora nodded knowingly. "We have been searching for Discord, hoping he might have an answer. We were wondering if we could stay the night."

"Yes, but first may I treat you with some food?"

"That would be lo-" Luna started.

"Yes! YES Please, I'd LOVE Food!!!" Twilight said jumping up and down, excited. Luna and Zecora exchanged an amused look.

"Alright then, mushroom soup coming up." Zecora smiled for the first time.


When Twilight woke in the morning her belly was pleasantly full for the first time in a thousand years. She sighed in pleasure, the light from the fire woke her and it felt like there was finally a sun. However when she opened her eyes it was still dark out. Zecora was gone and Luna sat impatiently waiting. Her hoof kept tapping on the ground in annoyance.

"Rise and shine, your highness." She said mockingly. "I've been waiting for you." Twilight was taken aback.

"Uh, okay." Twilight said sitting up.

"C'mon, we haven't got all day," She said pushing Twilight out of her hammock. "Or night, I don't know, I don't know 'cause SOMEONE made it pitch black."

"Hey!" Twilight yelled, her feelings hurt.

"Oh please, it's about time you got over that."

"Why are you being so mean?"

"I'm tired."

"Lulu would never be so mean." Twilight whined scared and suspicious.

"Your right, Luna would never say a thing like that. I'm not Luna." What Twilight thought was Luna turned into a changling. It laughed. Another changling came in with shackles.

"What did you do with Lulu and Zecora?!" She yelled backing away. They just laughed in response, closing in on her. Twilight panicked, she bent low, readying her wings. She pushed off the ground flapping her wings as hard as she could and braced her self for impact. She blasted through the thatch roof, which was surprisingly easy, and flew into the dark sky. She forgot one thing though, changlings could fly too. One by one they flew through the roof, there was more than she expected. Tens, maybe hundreds? She flew away as fast as she could with the changlings close behind. Twilight glanced behind her. They're catching up! She gasped. She summoned up a fire ball with her horn and blasted it at the changlings. It was surprisingly small and weak. She dove down into a crevice that led to a cavern, she tumbled down a slope and found her self staring at a pond that shimmered and reflected her image perfectly. Meanwhile, the changlings were lost and confused. The pond glowed with an eerie, blue light and Twilight immediately recognized it. The Mirror Pool.

Author's Note:

Another chapter, I hoped you liked it.